Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Argh, this show is so drat frustrating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

That was the finale? lmao

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

That was the finale? lmao

The gently caress? No it wasn't. Do you even pay attention? There are 3 episodes left.

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis
Why did they make giant CGI ray fight giant CGI ultraman, why not just shoot him on a green screen????

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

GreenNight posted:

The gently caress? No it wasn't. Do you even pay attention? There are 3 episodes left.

Thank god. Maybe Kendra will just decide to bash in Savage's head and the last 2 eps will be them celebrating through time.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Thank god. Maybe Kendra will just decide to bash in Savage's head and the last 2 eps will be them celebrating through time.

No, he'll ~*~regain his memories~*~ just in time to loving die again, then she'll kill Savage.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

raditts posted:

No, he'll ~*~regain his memories~*~ just in time to loving die again, then she'll kill Savage.

Things I'm okay with:

1) Carter dying again
2) Kendra using her Nth Metal mace on Savage some more while making HRRRRRRGH Hawkgirl noises
3) Ray Palmer, Literal Giant Dork
4) Carter dying again

I was actually okay with the plot twist, it makes things interesting. Also Carter is basically a creepy villain anyway so we might as well make him one for reals

e: Plus c'mon, you knew Time was going to poo poo all over Ray's head. That's what he does, it's his thing, he gets his head hilariously shat upon.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Okay yeah that ending was frustrating, but otherwise I thought the episode was pretty good!

I hope this version of Carter ends up just being a giant loving douchebag...or, well, an even bigger douchebag than he was. Like, Katar Hol tier assholeness.

xerxus
Apr 24, 2010
Grimey Drawer
Why wouldn't Cassandra take over the army with Savage gone?

The cast of this show is great. They just need to remove the hawk people and the writers for next season.

ubachung
Jul 30, 2006
I have pretty low expectations of comic book shows. I intentionally set the bar low, suspend my disbelief, turn off my critical thinking. But this poo poo is getting dire. Hawkgirl refusing to kill Savage is one of the most stupid, contrived plot points I've ever seen on TV. I could probably buy it if Savage was able to erase Hawkman permanently but he wasn't even threatening his life, just his memories. They've done a great job reinforcing how stupid Hawkgirl is and the fact that her relationship with Hawkman is a huge liability likely to get them all killed.

At this point Rip should probably just write off the current Hawkgirl and go find a more useful incarnation.

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009

tin can made man posted:

Why did they make giant CGI ray fight giant CGI ultraman, why not just shoot him on a green screen????

Why not have a guy in a rubber atomic skull robot suit fight Ray in a tiny city made out of cardboard? I believe is the better question.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Neon Knight posted:

Why not have a guy in a rubber atomic skull robot suit fight Ray in a tiny city made out of cardboard? I believe is the better question.

America doesn't respect the art of toku

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

xerxus posted:

Snart's convinced her, as far as we can tell, that Vandal's entire worldview is monstrous and dishonest and cruel. She doesn't buy into fascism anymore.

Which is rad.

xerxus
Apr 24, 2010
Grimey Drawer
She can change things way easier as the world leader than as a refugee camp person.

One aspect I really enjoy about the show is that the characters constantly bring up the fact they keep loving up, so at least the writers are aware.

They just don't care enough to plot it differently.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Leviathan kind of reminds me of an Atomic Skull / Brainiac mashup. I get the feeling the only reason Ray could beat Leviathan was because Savage was stupid enough to assume he'd never have to fight another giant.

It felt like it was designed to spread fear and terror because of its size and just stomp the poo poo out of normal sized people and weapons/vehicles, but ultimately it was not sturdy enough to put up much of a fight against a similar sized enemy.

TBQH, it looked like a big glass clock with Cyalume nightsticks inside, when Ray smashed its head it should have fallen with a giant blinking "12:00" flashing on its chest.

The CGI was pretty fake looking but it did the job. It was kind of interesting how they were literally paying homage to Pacific Rim by doing some direct copies of the cinematography from the movie (the under crotch shots and the horizontally stationary-but-still-moving-right-at-you shots of Leviathan closing in,) and having Jax provide the same kind of two-man dynamic that helped drive the Jaegers.

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Apr 29, 2016

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Kammat posted:

NO NO NO BASH VANDAL YOU DUMBASS

Maxwell Lord posted:

Once again the Hawk people are just the worst.

raditts posted:

I knew that goddamn horseshit was coming and it still didn't stop me from yelling "Oh gently caress YOU" at the TV when it happened.

This show is so loving stupid.
I seriously can't believe how angry this episode made me.

xerxus posted:

Because she's a good guy now and that means she has to be a complete moron or she wouldn't fit in.

DoctorWhat posted:

Snart's convinced her, as far as we can tell, that Vandal's entire worldview is monstrous and dishonest and cruel. She doesn't buy into fascism anymore.
So why not take over and dismantle the system from within instead of turning rebel and leaving the position open for someone who actually does want to be a fascist dictator?

Binary Badger posted:

I get the feeling the only reason Ray could beat Leviathan was because Savage was stupid enough to assume he'd never have to fight another giant.
I don't think that was the stupid part. A giant robot is a lovely weapon and I get the impression that Savage wasn't really fighting anyone with the resources to build one, even if they were dumb enough to think that was a good use of resources.

The giant robot was super dumb though. Since the rebels didn't know about it it clearly wasn't being used for intimidation, it was super slow, it couldn't really be effectively used for either mass destruction or precision, and it looked really dumb. There is no good reason for it to exist.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

"Any object that was in the room when you died can be used to kill Savage."

"So why don't we travel back there and stuff them all in a sack?"

"Ummmm"

"Rip? Rip, where are you going? Rip?"

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

"Ummmm"

Rip then proceeds to time-master pre-immortality Savage like he should have done from the start.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Or just launch him into space.

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

Aside from Kendra Kendra-ing up the ending, this episode was exactly what I wanted out of this show. A whole load of ridiculous comic book poo poo happening and everyone chewing the scenery as best as they could.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Where did Kendra learn blacksmithing?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Sounds like someone wants an entire episode of Kendra in the middle ages.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

GreenNight posted:

Sounds like someone wants an entire episode of Kendra in the middle ages.
Xen-ugh, Warrior(?) Princess(?)

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Just goddamn kidnap Savage as a baby.

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.
to hell with you guys

ray as a giant robot stomper = win
snart, sara and mick showing how it's done = win

hell even jax wasn't as irritating as normally as he was ray's copilot and gave the friendship speech well. :p

If the premise wasn't so bloody flawed, this would be one of the best shows ever.

(and why are these guys feeling more like heroes then arrow or @#$@#$ flash?)

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

FactsAreUseless posted:

"Ummmm"

Because of Hyper-Bad-Super-Time-SicknessTM*

*which apparently doesn't really matter since Rip already went there once.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Rip is such an incompetent idiot.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Sereri posted:

Just goddamn kidnap Savage as a baby.

Savage has hosed poo poo up throughout time, so why don't the time lords masters just send their Pilgrim lady to kill [i]him[/i[ as a child?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

They're really petty and only concern themselves with time-travel related atrocities?

Which should mean that The Flash and all of his villains should have been erased 500 times over by now but eeeeeeeeeeh

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
For a full minute, Kendra was badass and swinging her mace like she shoulda been all season long.

Then Carter had to gently caress everything up. Like he always does.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
How exactly do they know that Savage can only be killed by items from their room anyway?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Carter's knife failure. Which could have been a lie for all that they know. This show is preeeeetty duuuuumb.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Yeah, Carter ruined things again, but who cares? The Atom fought a giant robot on TV. I shouldn't be that impressed after having The Flash fighting a Gorilla for the first time last year, and yet here I am.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Krad posted:

Yeah, Carter ruined things again, but who cares? The Atom fought a giant robot on TV. I shouldn't be that impressed after having The Flash fighting a Gorilla for the first time last year, and yet here I am.
Captain Atom, Green Arrow, Supergirl, and Green Lantern all fought that same robot together on the first episode of JLU.

And the Atom fought millions of self-replicating nano-robots like five episodes later.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Blew my mind that they didn't shoot the Ray vs. Green LED Man as a big budget sentai fight. maybe theyre saving that for the feudal japan episode??

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

FactsAreUseless posted:

Captain Atom, Green Arrow, Supergirl, and Green Lantern all fought that same robot together on the first episode of JLU.

And the Atom fought millions of self-replicating nano-robots like five episodes later.
The scale of difference between doing that kind of fight in a cartoon and doing it in live action isn't really comparable though.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

lotus circle posted:

The scale of difference between doing that kind of fight in a cartoon and doing it in live action isn't really comparable though.
Good point. The scale in the cartoon was way better.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

FactsAreUseless posted:

I bet Captain Cold wasn't as cool in the animated show. :colbert:

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

FactsAreUseless posted:

Good point. The scale in the cartoon was way better.
Can't disagree there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Krad posted:

I bet Captain Cold wasn't as cool in the animated show. :colbert:
No, but he shows up in the Flash-centric best episode of Season 2.

• Locked thread