Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

There's so much batshit they threw at the wall that I can't actively hate Superman III. It's just weird to me that my biggest complaint about that film is too much Richard Pryor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Oh my god. :allears:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I want to listen to that album.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

So Dazzler is a blond Siouxie Sioux? That....works. Better than disco anyway (and I love disco). I'm thinking her songs are a combination of Cities in Dust and (Kate Bush's) Running Up That Hill.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
id be so much more hyped for this movie (from zero to...something) if the marketing leant hard on the 80s vibes (as hard as say, The Nice Guys is leaning into the 70s) rather than like...GENERIC CGI CITY DESTRUCTION BOOOM BET YOU'VE NEVER SEEN THIS SORT OF SPECTACLE LIKE THIS BEFORE...JUST EVERY 6 MONTHS
Give us some soul and style, drat.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

What is it?

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dazzler

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."

I really appreciate that "Highly accomplished roller-skater" is listed above her superpowers on her list of abilities.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Oh, it's from X-Men. I couldn't tell from my phone.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
Flash director quits over creative differences:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/flash-movie-loses-director-888994

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

What a terrible loss!!!!

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Hey, maybe Whedon's free!

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I had no idea that Seth Grahame-Smith was attached to that movie and am glad that this is the way I'm discovering it.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Good loving riddance.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

quote:

Grahame-Smith, the author and screenwriter of such works as Pride & Prejudice & Zombies and Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter,

:geno:

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
ALVH was alright

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
Fortunately the creative mastermind behind Pride and Prejudice and Zombies is still working on the Lego Batman Movie and Beetlejuice 2.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
The studio wasn't into his Flash vs Werewolves direction?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

maybe he wanted to put some jokes into it

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

bad news all he succeeded in was removing a joke from it

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

So much for DC being "director driven"

:smug:

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

CelticPredator posted:

So much for DC being "director driven"

:smug:

This happened with Wonder Woman too.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Cardboard Box A posted:

ALVH was alright

This is the sort of opinion that goes unchallenged in the comic book movie thread.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

computer parts posted:

That was kind of expected though :shrug:

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Steve2911 posted:

This is the sort of opinion that goes unchallenged in the comic book movie thread.

You're right. Can't believe somebody only thought that movie was alright. It was loving awesome.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Snowman_McK posted:

You're right. Can't believe somebody only thought that movie was alright. It was loving awesome.

Timur owns. He produced Unfriended.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Yeah...still definitely preferable to "from the director of Hellraiser: Inferno and From the Day the Earth Stood Still" though
On the other hand "from the director of Yes Man and The Break Up" had to be kind of worrying but that worked out i guess

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
What about from the directors of You Me and Dupree

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

computer parts posted:

Oh yeah. Now I hate DC more for ditching Michelle loving McClaren.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
"From the director of Clown and Cop Car"

CelticPredator posted:

Oh yeah. Now I hate DC more for ditching Michelle loving McClaren.
Yeah but there's nothing wrong with Patty Jenkins. Monster was a good movie. Don't really know how that's significantly inferior to someone just known as a TV director thus far. How has Michelle McClaren earned a "loving" :lol: it's not like she gets all the breaking bad credit or something.

Punkin Spunkin fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Apr 30, 2016

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYcOl33-mI0

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Oh that was her? That's pretty great, still not like some enormous terrible drop off between directors in theory though.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I'm not comparing. I'm just sayin.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
if she'd stayed on as a creative voice in the DCU maybe we could have had a montage of all the people with "Bat Brands" getting brutally shanked in prison one by one
That's probably a BVS extended cut scene actually

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Hm, did not know that the Russos brought in the John Wick guys to do some of their action sequences.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/aquaman/rumor-aquaman-director-james-wan-may-be-next-in-line-to-depart-the-dc-a141135

so how can people spin this as a case of "everything is fine, nothing to worry about"?

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

TFRazorsaw posted:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/aquaman/rumor-aquaman-director-james-wan-may-be-next-in-line-to-depart-the-dc-a141135

so how can people spin this as a case of "everything is fine, nothing to worry about"?

The most telling line is this "This is strictly a rumour for the time being anyway, but be sure to share your thoughts on this news in the comments section below."

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

TFRazorsaw posted:

10 Biggest Mistakes 'Suicide Squad' Has Already Made

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

computer parts posted:

10 Biggest Mistakes 'Suicide Squad' Has Already Made

"Rumour: WB about to get rid of Snyder"

"Wait, no, they add two more movies to the slate"

"Rumour: seriously, we're right this time"

• Locked thread