Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Houdini posted:

Is the jester armour in this game because after 40 hours, I'm still wearing the default pyromancer outfit (which is nice enough anyway).

http://darksouls3.wikidot.com/armor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Bummed out about the lack of a warlock goat hat :( All I wore in DS2.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Bummed out about the lack of a warlock goat hat :( All I wore in DS2.

Dragon head is even better though!

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

RabidWeasel posted:

Dragon head is even better though!

If you want to cosplay a Reindeer that is.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Just got invaded by a hacker that hit me and... teleported me to Firelink. That's it. No stat/item/anything changed as far as I know :shrug: I deleted the character and started fresh anyway cause I was like 20 minutes into a new character. Maybe it's time to go back to the PS4 version, though :sigh:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I assume there's no way to kill the Crystal Sage in Grand Archives before he teleports away the first time?

The thralls and sorcerers in there are annoying enough without constantly having to worry about crystal hail.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I'm doing a new char after beating the game with a pure STR dude. I'm leaning towards DEX and want to know if the Great Scythe is any good (I liked it on DS1) and I want help to choose between the Hollowslayer Greatsword or Arstor's Spear to spend the titanite scales I find. My idea is to have at least one slash and one trust weapon around (and well, a strike for some armored targets). I want to like the Uchigatana but I don't like the moveset of it (I miss the Iaito from DS1 or Blacksteel from DS2).

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Harrow posted:

I assume there's no way to kill the Crystal Sage in Grand Archives before he teleports away the first time?

The thralls and sorcerers in there are annoying enough without constantly having to worry about crystal hail.

You probably can with enough damage.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Harrow posted:

I killed it in its second spawn point. When it's up there, barely anything from it even got close to me. I didn't find it much of a hassle.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Can you parry the outrider knight guys with the Irithyll swords? They're up there with "rear end in a top hat abyss snake things" on the list of enemies I just can't deal with. Every one of them I've run into has killed me twice minimum.

Harrow fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Apr 30, 2016

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

Harrow posted:

Can you parry the outrider knight guys with the Irithyll swords? They're up there with "rear end in a top hat abyss snake things" on the list of enemies I just can't deal with. Every one of them I've run into has killed me twice minimum.

Yes, but given their relatively unpredictable moveset the best strategy as it is with most NPCs is to just charge the rear end in a top hat and hammer R1 and try to burn down as much of their HP before they get a chance to do much of anything. e: in the case of the one to road of sacrifice just lure the piece of garbage to the elevator and let it kill itself.

Kiggles fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Apr 30, 2016

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I'm fighting the one in the Grand Archives. No joke, he has killed me more times than any boss in the game except Nameless King. I'm serious.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
I just cheesed him with a bow and arrow while chilling behind the edge of a bookcase. :effort:

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Harrow posted:

There's a trick to it, if he's got the homing soulmass spell up he can't teleport, so you can wait until he gets that up and you'll probably be able to do enough damage to kill him at the first spawnpoint.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

People weren't joking about Great Chaos Fire Orb, once I got it my pyromancy run became a hell of a lot easier. If this is the nerfed version I can't imagine how destructive it must have been before this - I took out Pontiff and Aldrich first try on this playthrough and even taking into account knowing them better now I think that's largely in part to the spell being so useful. That secondary damage is a godsend.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Jerusalem posted:

People weren't joking about Great Chaos Fire Orb, once I got it my pyromancy run became a hell of a lot easier. If this is the nerfed version I can't imagine how destructive it must have been before this - I took out Pontiff and Aldrich first try on this playthrough and even taking into account knowing them better now I think that's largely in part to the spell being so useful. That secondary damage is a godsend.

Oooo a fire orb you say. Where does one find this great chaos orb?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Jastiger posted:

Oooo a fire orb you say. Where does one find this great chaos orb?

Give the Izalith tome from the Demon ruins to the pyro trainer.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Guillermus posted:

I'm doing a new char after beating the game with a pure STR dude. I'm leaning towards DEX and want to know if the Great Scythe is any good (I liked it on DS1) and I want help to choose between the Hollowslayer Greatsword or Arstor's Spear to spend the titanite scales I find. My idea is to have at least one slash and one trust weapon around (and well, a strike for some armored targets). I want to like the Uchigatana but I don't like the moveset of it (I miss the Iaito from DS1 or Blacksteel from DS2).

I two handed it all the way past pontiff before giving up on if. It does have great reach but it's not that damaging and slower than it seems

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Apparently the nerfs were falsely reported. Someone tested on the Reddits and saw no change between regulation 1.05 and 1.06.

(Also if you're on PC you don't have the rebalancing patch yet)

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Is there any other head armor that changes how your hair looks like the Nameless King's helmet does?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

RatHat posted:

Give the Izalith tome from the Demon ruins to the pyro trainer.

Ugh so I have to go through that smoldering lake. Fuuuck that place. I went in, got hit by the stupid ballista, Left.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Guillermus posted:

I seems weak but it does stun lock enemies really well. Knights and thing that will be dead if you get 1 hit in because it cancels all there animations, which my other dex weapons did not.

So I used it as a secondary weapon because it destroys certain enemies that your katana or whatever will have trouble with.

It's amazing in the catacombs, it shatters regular skeletons 1 hit and it stun locks the big boy skeletons as advertised.

It's l2 is really hard to hit with properly and is pointless when it's strength is stun locking with good reach.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Harrow posted:

Apparently the nerfs were falsely reported. Someone tested on the Reddits and saw no change between regulation 1.05 and 1.06.

(Also if you're on PC you don't have the rebalancing patch yet)

Well in that case, I guess I'll just add my voice to the mix of thinking it's great then!

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Between the server errors in DS1, the degrade glitch in DS2, and now this in DS3 I do not understand why people get the PC version

Do you really need 60 FPS that bad

Not everyone owns a console.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I see From still loves gank squads. Doesn't seem like you can pull those three guys in Grand Archives separately, either.

Love that they get Estus, too. And by "love" I mean loving WHY

Harrow fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Apr 30, 2016

Cyberventurer
Jul 10, 2005

Harrow posted:

He's killable. You just have to chase him around the archives until he appears on a large bridge, where he'll stay put.

Another option, if you want to be a cheap bastard in return to him, is equip the Toxic Fog pyromancy if you have it, and cast it on him. It won't make him flee, and it'll eat through a gigantic portion of his health in the time it takes to tick through. Then you can either just wait him out on the bottom floor or finish him off on the second level.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Harrow posted:

Dunno about the parry, but the one at Road of Sacrifice is weak to fire. Two handing and setting a longsword on fire then spamming r1 after a dodge to get past worked. Blocking seems like a bad idea, they have too much stamina to withstand for long as I found on my first try.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
DS3 PVP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ixov1n8qVs

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Harrow posted:

I see From still loves gank squads. Doesn't seem like you can pull those three guys in Grand Archives separately, either.

Love that they get Estus, too. And by "love" I mean loving WHY

You can't pull them separately as far as I know but you CAN separate them by using the window and hallway to cut the others off and give you a chance to deal with each on a one-to-one basis.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

gently caress I finally beat Aldrich. It came down to both of us being at basically zero health, me having no healing items left and sprinting towards him hoping I get a hit in before he does.

We died simultaneously and I got pissy until I realised I got the kill credit. I'll take a draw, Aldy. :)

I guess I have to go into this loving dungeon now. :negative:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Between the server errors in DS1, the degrade glitch in DS2, and now this in DS3 I do not understand why people get the PC version

because i like having all my games in one place.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Yes.

And I got more than enough out of this game already, so if I end having to play offline for the DLC then so be it.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Szcwczuk posted:

Not everyone owns a console.

I own an nvidia shield

That counts right

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

ZenVulgarity posted:

I own an nvidia shield

That counts right

God no. I don't know what that is but it's not a console.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Steve2911 posted:

gently caress I finally beat Aldrich. It came down to both of us being at basically zero health, me having no healing items left and sprinting towards him hoping I get a hit in before he does.

We died simultaneously and I got pissy until I realised I got the kill credit. I'll take a draw, Aldy. :)

I guess I have to go into this loving dungeon now. :negative:

I did this but it was with a rain of arrows chasing me and I had like 8 flasks left

I just thought the attack might stop after he was dead

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Guillermus posted:

I've been using a combination of the Great Scythe and the Estoc. Great Scythe's pretty fun to use (and it looks cool, which is the important part) but since it attacks kinda slow at times, you need something fast like the estoc to stab enemies that attack too fast for you to get a hit in. IE - Those bullshit frantic bird people from the Road of Sacrifices and poo poo.
It's pretty fun in PvP, though. A lot of people don't use it, so it has an unfamiliar moveset, and it builds up bleed, too.

Blaziken386 fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Apr 30, 2016

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

two invasions in a row where me and the invader kill each other at the same time (one with throwing knives) and another where after holding my own against two dudes for like 10 minutes I roll off a ledge

It's not even 9 in the morning here and I'm done with this game for today

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
Why do people blame the consumers for buying games on the "wrong" platform? How is it our fault that developers build games poorly for one platform.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

allegedly the golden winged knights can drop slabs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Szcwczuk posted:

Why do people blame the consumers for buying games on the "wrong" platform? How is it our fault that developers build games poorly for one platform.

It was a tongue in cheek joke about the problems From has with PC ports

Put your pitchfork and torch away