Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Kild posted:

allegedly the golden winged knights can drop slabs

Kill all 3 of them and they drop one each play through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Put your pitchfork and torch away

don't make fun of my build

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Szcwczuk posted:

God no. I don't know what that is but it's not a console.

It's a roku that I can stream PC games to

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Babe Magnet posted:

don't make fun of my build

I found a guy last night dual wielding a great sword and great axe and was like "poo poo I didn't even realize you could do that"

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

sounds like his build was pretty good_

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Szcwczuk posted:

Why do people blame the consumers for buying games on the "wrong" platform? How is it our fault that developers build games poorly for one platform.

It's not your fault they suck at pc, it is however common knowledge they suck at pc so buyer beware.

It's like complaining that this fallout game has bugs in it wtf. Not being your fault doesn't mean you have no responsibility for your bad time.

Don't buy it till it's patched a bunch and better, or buy the working version. DON'T GIVE COMPANIES MONEY FOR A BROKEN DAY ONE PRODUCT. Cause you give them no incentive not to give you a broken product.

Bombadilillo fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Apr 30, 2016

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

Thanks.

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch
They could do with making estus shards/undead bone fragments sellable, as I'm now beginning to accumulate quite the surplus of them in NG+

Grimalkin
Oct 2, 2008
Guys, how do I make sure I save Greirat on his second raid? Google gives me all kind of conflicting answers on whether I should or should not speak to Siegward in the kitchen before or after sending him out.

I just want the little guy to be safe. :(

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

While entertaining, this is basically just a video of somebody with a Hornet Ring, raw rear end, and +6 estus owning a million newbies in NG High Wall.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Kild posted:

allegedly the golden winged knights can drop slabs

Allegedly nothing, the last gold winged knight did drop a slab for me last night. I thought it was just a reward for killing all 3 of them.

edit: oh just saw that other post on the top of the page. So that is what it was.

MagusDraco fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Apr 30, 2016

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Grimalkin posted:

Guys, how do I make sure I save Greirat on his second raid? Google gives me all kind of conflicting answers on whether I should or should not speak to Siegward in the kitchen before or after sending him out.

I just want the little guy to be safe. :(

If you talked to Sieg in the kitchen, just go beat Sulyvahn and Greirat should be back safe and sound.

Kite Pride Worldwide fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Apr 30, 2016

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I can tell you that I always send him out before I run into Siegward into the kitchen and Greirat hasn't died on me yet, if that helps

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Between the server errors in DS1, the degrade glitch in DS2, and now this in DS3 I do not understand why people get the PC version

Do you really need 60 FPS that bad

60fps is objectively the single biggest improvement to gameplay you can do to a video game.

The occasional cheater is well worth the 60fps gameplay over the privilege of paying a PSN/Xbox Live subscription for a jerky sub-25fps lagfest console version with delayed control input.

Have fun.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Kanos posted:

While entertaining, this is basically just a video of somebody with a Hornet Ring, raw rear end, and +6 estus owning a million newbies in NG High Wall.

the host had dual kataners which are "end game" (if you don't just glitch past Dancer which could have happened) but yeah like every phantom in that video is using the starting knight armor with weapons you can find in high wall lol

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Alabaster White posted:

If you talked to Sieg in the kitchen, just go beat Sulyvahn and Greirat should be back safe and sound. Don't send him out again though.

Make sure you kill Sulvayhn before you wander into the irithyll dungeon or greirat will die.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I feel like I don't enjoy the Grand Archives boss as much as many people do. Atmospheric and cool, yes, but that constant teleporting is really annoying to deal with.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

I feel like someone will figure out a really convoluted way to save Greirat in lothric.

Grimalkin
Oct 2, 2008

Alabaster White posted:

If you talked to Sieg in the kitchen, just go beat Sulyvahn and Greirat should be back safe and sound. Don't send him out again though.

Oh I have not even sent him out yet. I've been avoiding talking to him until I was sure, just in case he wanted to go! I have also heard people say that Patches will either save him or kill him if you tell him where he is. I'm going to err on the side of "Patches is a colossal jerk."

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I was hoping that note in one of the patch notes about siegward saving greirat properly was about the third time and it not triggering for anyone due to a bug, but I guess not

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Harrow posted:

The Dragonslayer Swordspear is an incredibly good weapon. I'm honestly kind of surprised how good this thing is. I expected it to have a good moveset and weapon art but slightly lackluster damage thanks to split damage, but no. No, this thing owns really hard.

I assume you don't have a faith build like I do, can you describe your damage? I love this drat spear, it's so good, but I'm curious to see how it performs on a non-Faith build.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Question about Greirat. How do I ensure he survives? I have saved the onion armor guy but I read Greirat comes back after you kill a boss. Is this any boss, such as being summoned, or is it the next boss i kill to progress the storyline? Also, I heard that there is timer that you must kill a boss within or he still dies, how long is this timer?

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Babe Magnet posted:

the host had dual kataners which are "end game" (if you don't just glitch past Dancer which could have happened) but yeah like every phantom in that video is using the starting knight armor with weapons you can find in high wall lol

That wasn't the host, that was a dude wearing the no phantom glow ring for cosplay purposes, it makes you display as "Host of Embers" no matter what(and he was clearly concerned more with cosplay dedication than effectiveness, since no helmet + no chestpiece = ouch everything kills you in two hits). Host was the one killed at the very end who kept hiding behind the Vordt fog wall.

Low level PvP videos featuring the Hornet Ring in the build are almost inevitably montage videos of "look at me mash the parry button into R1 spamming newbies and then one shot them with the insanely overpowered riposte damage that newbies will not have the vigor to survive". I concede that there's pretty much no other way to win reliably as an invader in that situation, but it's basically equivalent to cheat coding them all to death.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Babe Magnet posted:

I was hoping that note in one of the patch notes about siegward saving greirat properly was about the third time and it not triggering for anyone due to a bug, but I guess not

I don't see how that's supposed to happen, since you're expected to have seen him for the last time before you enter Lothric Castle.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Bombadilillo posted:

I feel like someone will figure out a really convoluted way to save Greirat in lothric.

You can't save him, but when you find his ashes in the Archives and give them to the handmaiden, there will be new items (ice moss, explosive/bleeding bolts) added to her stock. He dies but you still get new items :pseudo:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Bit late, but I think a small change to the Nameless King's first phase would make things a lot better:

Have the Drake be what's attacking you instead of the Ancient Wyvern. NK still absorbs his soul but fucks off to prepare for you.

Boom. One less boss, effect still achieved. Give me my cheque. :colbert:

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Kanos posted:

That wasn't the host, that was a dude wearing the no phantom glow ring for cosplay purposes, it makes you display as "Host of Embers" no matter what(and he was clearly concerned more with cosplay dedication than effectiveness, since no helmet + no chestpiece = ouch everything kills you in two hits). Host was the one killed at the very end who kept hiding behind the Vordt fog wall.

oh okay

Hamburger Test posted:

I don't see how that's supposed to happen, since you're expected to have seen him for the last time before you enter Lothric Castle.

maybe it could have been a cool easter egg if you did sequence break, I dunno homie

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

I won a 1v4 yesterday, but it was actually a 2v4 cause of my javelin-throwing giant buddy.

don't feel like you can complain about 'ganking' when you're very clearly trying to twink tho lol. the infinite phantom train remains completely stupid however

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It's weird how much better it is to mound invade instead of red invade. I just seem to get way less hackers or phantoms with soul stream, and even if I do I can just shank the other guy anyway.

Kind of a bummer that DS2 had the best multiplayer of all, since the covenants (in idea) are a lot better here. I'm going to assume because I did Dancer I'll be immediately overleveled for Watchdog invasions too.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Gologle posted:

I assume you don't have a faith build like I do, can you describe your damage? I love this drat spear, it's so good, but I'm curious to see how it performs on a non-Faith build.

It doesn't really get much damage from Faith because its base lightning damage is so low, so it does fine on a non-Faith build. I have 448 AR with 18 Str/39 Dex/18 Faith. The buff adds a flat 80 no matter what your Faith is, I think, though I could be wrong on that. And the weapon art hits Lothric Knights for almost 800, which is pretty cool.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Szcwczuk posted:

Kill all 3 of them and they drop one each play through.

havenwaters posted:

Allegedly nothing, the last gold winged knight did drop a slab for me last night. I thought it was just a reward for killing all 3 of them.

edit: oh just saw that other post on the top of the page. So that is what it was.

Randomly.

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

Kanos posted:

Kanos posted:

Low level PvP videos featuring the Hornet Ring in the build are almost inevitably montage videos of "look at me mash the parry button into R1 spamming newbies and then one shot them with the insanely overpowered riposte damage that newbies will not have the vigor to survive". I concede that there's pretty much no other way to win reliably as an invader in that situation, but it's basically equivalent to cheat coding them all to death.

Hahah using the Hornet Ring and parrying is cheating.

Shine on you crazy Dark Souls thread.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Kild posted:

Randomly.

The first one appears to be guaranteed, but after that it's random. I've gotten one every time I killed them for the first time on that playthrough.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Monomythian posted:

Hahah using the Hornet Ring and parrying is cheating.

Shine on you crazy Dark Souls thread.

the only problem I have with the hornet ring is that it doesn't work on any of the weapons I like

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

So do I make Lothric's sword or Lorian's sword? Decisions, decisions...

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

if you make both (so NG+) you can combine them into one silly sword

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Harrow posted:

So do I make Lothric's sword or Lorian's sword? Decisions, decisions...

Make both of them and then combine them in NG+ for a different sword.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

too slow bitch

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Blessed is the sucky faith enchantment, right? I remember it being something like a 10% base damage boost and nothing else.

Babe Magnet posted:

too slow bitch

don't sign your posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Never mind.