Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Any child old enough to read that sanctimonious essay is too old to believe in the tooth fairy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Yea, this definitely won't result in requiring a professional therapist at any point in their lives.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Meowjesty posted:

Yo maybe just tell your kid to clean their room.

Just be like

"Clean your room."

Or like my Mom. "Clean your room."

<catches me playing with my Micronauts>

<My Micronauts collection is suddenly smaller>

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Karma Monkey posted:

Yea, this definitely won't result in requiring a professional therapist at any point in their lives.

Or bloody noses

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Samizdata posted:

Or like my Mom. "Clean your room."

<catches me playing with my Micronauts>

<My Micronauts collection is suddenly smaller>

My girlfriend's dad once got drunk and when he got angry at her, he just started hurling her things into a bonfire in the backyard.

Parents who destroy or throw out their kids' possessions as punishment are pretty awful and usually doing absolutely nothing to make their kid more respectful and responsible.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.
I also agree that parents shouldn't get drunk and throw things into a fire in an impotent drunken rage but I feel like your example may be an outlier my dude.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

chitoryu12 posted:

Parents who destroy or throw out their kids' possessions as punishment are pretty awful and usually doing absolutely nothing to make their kid more respectful and responsible.

Intentionally pissing kids off and acting like assholes is a pretty bad way to teach respect and responsibility, but it DOES teach parents some respect once the kid gets old enough to realize that they can throw their parents' poo poo away too.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Palpek posted:

Parental hacks:

Hold your children's teeth hostage for better discipline:

NICELY

Lifehack: If you're using your kids to attention whore on the internet then kill yourself, because whoever your kids wind up with it's guaranteed they won't be as awful at parenting as you are.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

Guy Mann posted:

Lifehack: If you're using your kids to attention whore on the internet then kill yourself, because whoever your kids wind up with it's guaranteed they won't be as awful at parenting as you are.

So what you're saying is that they're making their kids better parents?

Lifehack!

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Palpek posted:

If you ask your mother NICELY she will even help you dispose of the bodies.

pfft, mom's just gonna tell you to hide the bodies under the pillow for the body fairy. the body fairy's gonna do jack poo poo though, leaving a note behind about a tooth being in the way.

fuckin' red tape, man

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Jerry Cotton posted:

If I need to drink someone under a table I dissolve them in acid, then neutralize the acid, then pour them into a Moomin mug, then crouch under the table, then drink them under the table.

You know what on second thought that's gotta be like a shitload of fluorine in that bro. Are you sure that's healthy?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Karate Bastard posted:

You know what on second thought that's gotta be like a shitload of fluorine in that bro. Are you sure that's healthy?

Yes.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I don't eat gluten so I'm basically immortal.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Jerry Cotton posted:

I don't eat gluten so I'm basically immortal.

Something lifehackers genuinely believe.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
"Immoral" is the word you're looking for bro. Plus I don't think those two things are related necessarily?

Karate Bastard has a new favorite as of 22:33 on Apr 30, 2016

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.
What if everyone who doesn't eat gluten is actually a lizard person?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Meowjesty posted:

What if everyone who doesn't eat gluten is actually a lizard person?

You're crazy hiss

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

chitoryu12 posted:

My girlfriend's dad once got drunk and when he got angry at her, he just started hurling her things into a bonfire in the backyard.

haha i had all my poo poo thrown out when i was Eight As everyone thought my mother was going to die. I have no issues whatsoever.:shepface:

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH
Life Hack. Don't ever do anything that "Crazy Russian Hacker" does.

I showed her the video with the Sulfuric Acid and the sponge. She turned her head away expecting severe injury. She works with many acids and bases throughout her day. She had a team member that quit due to PTSD from screwing up several times while mixing bases. He had to be rushed to the hospital on 2 occasions (to be fair, he was incompetent) . She stopped wearing her wedding ring for safety. A little tiny spill of H2SO4 can burn you and you won't know it until it's already done it's damage. She changes her gloves every few minutes but she still has gotten some under the ring in the past. I told her to stop wearing the ring.

His hands are bare! What the gently caress! He wasn't under a hood, no respirator, and insufficient eye protection. If he had poured that bottle into a 5 gallon bucket and then poured the water on top, he would be blind. That guy must have a guardian angel.

For content:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rHWUki86N8

If it was already posted before, my apologies.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

"Gourmet breakfast the ladies love"

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Every time this guy tried to handle a knife, it looked like he was going to cut his loving fingers off. I almost wish he did.

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!

Butt Ox posted:

Every time this guy tried to handle a knife, it looked like he was going to cut his loving fingers off.

I suspect that is a common thing among guys making food life hack videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NQ3MrWbuoA

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Butt Ox posted:

Every time this guy tried to handle a knife, it looked like he was going to cut his loving fingers off. I almost wish he did.

How the gently caress is knife handling not something that is taught to these people

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Somfin posted:

How the gently caress is knife handling not something that is taught to these people

By who? :confused:

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Lifehack: shower before bed because getting in bed without showering is gross.

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Getting into freshly washed sheets after you've just showered is one of the best feelings.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
THE best if they're still warm from the dryer

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE

Enfys posted:

Getting into freshly washed sheets after you've just showered is one of the best feelings.

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

THE best if they're still warm from the dryer

If you live in a hot and humid place, it's even nicer when you're freshly clean and you slip under some nice cotton sheets that have been on the bed long enough that they're a little cooler than the room.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Nicer still to slip under the cotton to find something freshly clean, hot and humid :pervert:

Josie
Apr 26, 2007

With tales of brave Ulysses; how his naked ears were tortured; By the sirens sweetly singing.

Palisader posted:

If you live in a hot and humid place, it's even nicer when you're freshly clean and you slip under some nice cotton sheets that have been on the bed long enough that they're a little cooler than the room.

Cold crisp sheets mmmmmm

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Exactly what is it that makes crawling into bed right after a shower so much more comfortable than without showering?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Karate Bastard posted:

Nicer still to slip under Cotton to find something freshly clean, hot and humid :pervert:

uhhh

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Thanks for finding my steamed broccoli.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
That's broccoli? Thank Christ.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

A little snack in bed; broccoli doesn't leave crumbs LIFE HACK

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

mostlygray posted:

She stopped wearing her wedding ring for safety. A little tiny spill of H2SO4 can burn you and you won't know it until it's already done it's damage. She changes her gloves every few minutes but she still has gotten some under the ring in the past. I told her to stop wearing the ring.

A friend of my parents several years ago was an electrician, and he got his wedding ring tattooed onto him so he could wear it without risking shorting it across anything. And then he wound up getting divorced.

LIFEHACK: Mark your wedding ring permanently on your body so that divorce is even more painful than normal.

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

Butt Ox posted:

I recoiled when he stabbed the bottom of a can with a knife while holding the can in the air.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

:burger: It's burgin' time! :burger:

mostlygray posted:

She works with many acids and bases throughout her day. She had a team member that quit due to PTSD from screwing up several times while mixing bases. He had to be rushed to the hospital on 2 occasions (to be fair, he was incompetent) . She stopped wearing her wedding ring for safety. A little tiny spill of H2SO4 can burn you and you won't know it until it's already done it's damage.

I worked at a couple places before that have bulk tanks of ~97% sulfuric acid. Both would get leaks off the pump seals sometimes. One time a rocket surgeon there stuck the tip of his finger ever so gingerly into the dribble and then decided to taste it. I don't remember the exact response since I wasn't there for that shift, but I think it was something like "Oh poo poo! It burns!" I think he was expecting sour like citric acid, but more. I don't think he works there anymore either.