Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rosh
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's Wrong,
Something's Right
Savages.

2.0 @400

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

1.75@500

BeRandom
Mar 20, 2011
.4 sens @ 1500 dpi SteelSeries Rival 300 on a 17" wide mousepad, ranked GN1 (MG before rank shift)

Lucky Samurai
Oct 4, 2011

Being jaded about something is so cool. You're just as useless as everybody else, but you get to be irritating and bitter about it.

metallicaeg posted:

Nearly the full width of my pad needs to be used to hit the 180, though I'm also using a standard steelseries pad which is something like 14" in width?

e: my sens off the top of my head is .9 at an 800 dpi

Wait so going from the center of your mousepad to the edge does a 90 degree turn?

Maguro
Apr 24, 2006

Why is the sun always bullying me?

Any particular reason why case hardened items have shot up in price? My gut knife that normally hovers around 65 - 75 bucks is now 90 dollars. My AK that is normally 32 bucks now costs 47.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Maguro posted:

Any particular reason why case hardened items have shot up in price? My gut knife that normally hovers around 65 - 75 bucks is now 90 dollars. My AK that is normally 32 bucks now costs 47.

a few of my items went up in price, my knife is $108 when it was around 90 the other day, my hyperbeast is now $80 too

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Today I won a 1v1 in Cache and blew my team's mind in the process. The bomb was on A main, and the CT was watching it from checkers. I sent a smoke to cover his line of sight and picked up the bomb. Then, in an apparent stroke of genius, I just went and waited in the sunroom/flashroom instead of immediately rotating to B and trying to plant. After the CT had rotated all the way to squeaky assuming I'd go B, I just sauntered in A and planted the bomb, and won easily by camping like an rear end in a top hat.

Turns out this simple maneuver I call not doing something at all times was some next level poo poo.

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Another trick mere mortals cannot even hope to grasp is to send a decoy near a site, then silently walk towards the site anyway. People are never fooled by decoys, but for some reason they assume you can only throw a decoy one way and go the other way.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
You've got your bombsites backwards

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Maguro posted:

I'm guessing the Trilluxe and Anomaly unboxing videos got around (both unboxed some of the best blue gem items, ever) and kids are impressionable.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup

MC2552John posted:

Wait so going from the center of your mousepad to the edge does a 90 degree turn?

Little bit more than a 90, but yeah.

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

mcvey posted:

You've got your bombsites backwards

My point stands :colbert:

Played a few more faceit matches today. The people seem way friendlier than MM so far, but there is a larger skill disparity. I played in teams which had lem's and also silvers.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Maguro posted:

You made me check my own CH AK and it's gone from $27 to $43.

Thank you, market gods.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I play pad.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

UnfurledSails posted:

My point stands :colbert:

Played a few more faceit matches today. The people seem way friendlier than MM so far, but there is a larger skill disparity. I played in teams which had lem's and also silvers.

I'm definitely jinxing it by posting this but I've had some extremely solid teams for my past like 6 queues. Granted, two or three of them I got thrown in with LE/LEM as a MG2 but it's fun when your team is actually playing together and communicating.

It's just luck of the draw.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I had a game where I went 41-15 and ended up losing because three of my team mates couldn't shoot for poo poo and kept doing dumb poo poo.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
A good Thorin video for everyone reading this thread.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

symbolic posted:

You made me check my own CH AK and it's gone from $27 to $43.

Thank you, market gods.

The only CH thing I have is a Falchion knife and it dropped like 15 bucks in the past week. My dumb Christmas music pack is up to 46 bucks though.

Edit: Oh holy poo poo I can buy the Twilight movies on Steam now.

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 10:23 on May 1, 2016

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
My ST MW Redline AK used to be around $80, but the other week I checked and it shot up to $135-$140. I have no idea what made the value go up, but I'm going to keep it 'cause I love my mouztrap.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Me and my Friends are renting a House in Cologne during the Major (04.07-11.07.2016) ! We are offering a place where you can come , hang out and watch CS aswell as crazy Homeparties at night! We also can offer places to sleep (FREE) for people who didn't find a hotel in time!News & Events (self.GlobalOffensive)

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Thanks for the daily reddit update

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

It reminds me of when people make their house party public on facebook and then 800 people they've never seen before turn up and start turning the place upside down and burning poo poo etc

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

UnfurledSails posted:

Today I won a 1v1 in Cache and blew my team's mind in the process. The bomb was on A main, and the CT was watching it from checkers. I sent a smoke to cover his line of sight and picked up the bomb. Then, in an apparent stroke of genius, I just went and waited in the sunroom/flashroom instead of immediately rotating to B and trying to plant. After the CT had rotated all the way to squeaky assuming I'd go B, I just sauntered in A and planted the bomb, and won easily by camping like an rear end in a top hat.

Turns out this simple maneuver I call not doing something at all times was some next level poo poo.

I outplayed a guy who kept going squeaky by throwing a molly into squeak once he opened it, then waiting a little while, then spamming the door once the molly went out and the guy would be returning. felt good to get that frag, even the guy was like 'wp' in the chat

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

qhat posted:

It reminds me of when people make their house party public on facebook and then 800 people they've never seen before turn up and start turning the place upside down and burning poo poo etc

I'm sold

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

qhat posted:

Me and my Friends are renting a House in Cologne during the Major (04.07-11.07.2016) ! We are offering a place where you can come , hang out and watch CS aswell as crazy Homeparties at night! We also can offer places to sleep (FREE) for people who didn't find a hotel in time!News & Events (self.GlobalOffensive)

PM Sent

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Smol posted:

A good Thorin video for everyone reading this thread.

actually a legit video

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
is there a transcript because i cant listen to his idiot voice even when its not saying idiot words

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

This game is the actual god drat loving worst. I'm trying to grind my 10 wins and I'm 0-3 in my past 3, but the most recent one just sent me into loving tiltland.

First round, bomb goes afk first round, second round becomes a bot.

2nd rounds "srry guyz mouse is broken plz kick"

At 0-7

"gently caress this im done"

gently caress I HATE THIS CANCER OF A GAME

I don't think I've had an actual 5v5 for the full 30 rounds ever. If you leave a comp game it should be a loving auto week ban

...I just need two more loving wins

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Up Circle posted:

is there a transcript because i cant listen to his idiot voice even when its not saying idiot words

he expands on a quote from a SSBM player: "How many times must you lose because of "not playing well" before you realize your biased memories of peak performances have mislead you ?"

It's about how players at all levels experience dunning Kruger. definitely didn't need to be 20 minutes long but it's still decent

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

exethan posted:

he expands on a quote from a SSBM player: "How many times must you lose because of "not playing well" before you realize your biased memories of peak performances have mislead you ?"

It's about how players at all levels experience dunning Kruger. definitely didn't need to be 20 minutes long but it's still decent

I like that quote hehe

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
Denmark so close yet so far.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
the comback!

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
Its real!

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
Not enough though. gg Tempo Storm.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

ESL '15 is being rebroadcast on twitch. Goddamn I miss old VP.

It gets better.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
when you have that game where finally stuff clicks and you get the hope that you might not be as much of a garbage fire as you thought

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.
Who else has signed up for PRIME MATCHMAKING?

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

Who else has signed up for PRIME MATCHMAKING?

I did!

Can anyone give me some AK advice? I don't want to say I'm awesome with the M4, but I generally do really well with it. On T side though I'm 100x better with the Tec9 than I am the AK.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Can anyone give me some AK advice? I don't want to say I'm awesome with the M4, but I generally do really well with it. On T side though I'm 100x better with the Tec9 than I am the AK.
Learn the spray pattern.

Control the spray pattern.

Badda bing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

Arrgytehpirate posted:

I did!

Long range, I don't the the first shot is all that accurate. Someone did an analysis of the shot randomness and concluded that its always better to let two or three shots out at long range. It increases the likelihood of one of them striking the head by a great deal (assuming you're properly aiming for the head).

I don't remember who it was but the way they explained it reminded me a lot of that 3 door riddle and the effects of probability.