Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
Found the claymore. Why can't I make it heavy gem infused to scale with STR? This thing seems tailor made for that.

Now that I have STR/DEX at 20, I'm looking at other stats to start pumping up. Should I continue to pump STR to 25 and find a nice greatsword?

Also, I feel I'm a good contender for fashion souls right now with the Mirrah chest, gloves, and Lothric legs. I look down right classy with no helm, my hair flowing, and a claymore rested on my shoulder.

TOO BAD IT CAN'T BE MADE HEAVY :mad:

e: actually it looks like heavy infusion sucks rear end because it only gets C scaling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010
Holy gently caress, just tried invading as a finger. Host zooms around summoning phantom upon phantom, doesnt stop to fight or anything. Couldnt catch him no matter what and as i kept killing phantoms he just kept tossing them at me. After seven phantoms killed i just black crystalled out of there.

I just wish there was a limit or something. Make the game just go "Jesus you giant baby, six phantoms and you want more?" and kill the host.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
For making a character specifically to gently caress up NK as a sunbro, what weapon should I use? Stick with pure R1 dps straightswords(Dark Sword right now but I heard Anri's really good as well?) or is there something better that could stagger him or have a long enough overhead swing to hit that dragon when it's not rubbing it's face on the ground? So far I have catarina set, dragonslayer shield, thunder and speckled stoneplate rings, and then havel's+RoF to be able to carry the aforementioned.

As for buffs, standard Carthus Rouge or something unusual?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

lite_sleepr posted:

Found the claymore. Why can't I make it heavy gem infused to scale with STR? This thing seems tailor made for that.

You need to find certain items (coals) to unlock certain types of gem infusion at the blacksmith.

lite_sleepr posted:

e: actually it looks like heavy infusion sucks rear end because it only gets C scaling.

Claymore goes up to B scaling at +10: http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Claymore

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
The simple fix is too just make it so phantoms cannot be summoned if an invader is present. You have WotB if you want extra help during an invasion anyways. Of course the best way to do it would be to let you still summon mad phantoms for maximum chaos.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Internet Kraken posted:

This except all the levels are randomly generated chalice dungeons so you don't know exactly what to expect around every corner.

I'm angry people hated Chalice dungeons so much because it means From is probably never gonna try them again.

Chalice Dungeons were ok in theory but making a randomly generated 3d environment that felt distinct enough to put worth the energy to explore over and over is more trouble than its worth

Chalice Dungeons became predictable too quickly because 3d environments are too complex to build a good backlog of elements.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

You need to find certain items (coals) to unlock certain types of gem infusion at the blacksmith.

Claymore goes up to B scaling at +10: http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Claymore

Should I hold out to the Astora Greatsword?

Also, it seems the rapier has disappeared from my game. I remember looting it from the Winged Knight area, but now it's gone. I'm not sure if I sold it, but I'm 99% sure I didn't.

gently caress :(

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

Dear little Ocelotte

This except all the levels are randomly generated chalice dungeons so you don't know exactly what to expect around every corner.

I'm angry people hated Chalice dungeons so much because it means From is probably never gonna try them again.

Chalice Dungeons were pretty cool and the real reason people hated them was because that's where they put all of the good bloodgems at.

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

The simple fix is too just make it so phantoms cannot be summoned if an invader is present. You have WotB if you want extra help during an invasion anyways. Of course the best way to do it would be to let you still summon mad phantoms for maximum chaos.

This might also explain why WotB is so underutilized. Why wear a covenant to summon a bluecop when you can just run up to a summon sign or three and spam an infinite army of cannon fodder.

Limiting summoning during invasion would help bluecops as well since cowards that spam phantoms now would have to run WotB if they wanted someone to fight for them.

Cybershell
Jun 12, 2007

I hold all of you in the highest contempt
Is this kind of behavior frowned upon?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGJUQacbhtM

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

e: ^^^no that's extremely hilarious and those dummies deserved to get dead

I think my favorite area in the game is dragon peak because of that fuckin blue rear end sky man, it's like a constant bright summer day up there

side note: chalice dungeons were a good and cool idea

kalel fucked around with this message at 20:48 on May 1, 2016

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Cybershell posted:

its not

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Cybershell posted:

no that's hilarious

and who cares what anyone else does in dark souls short of straight up hacking.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Cybershell posted:

gently caress no, I want to encourage it.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

hmmm someone left an item at the end of the ledge next to a fall that will surely kill me, I better slowly approach it and not look for whoever dropped it and also just stand still after I pick it up

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Just finished my first playthrough.

This is a good game, you guys.

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch

Cybershell posted:

By the kind of people who'll be furious that they fell for it, yes. Therefore highly encouraged.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
Watchdogs should get summoned into the Abyss Watchers fight on the side of the main boss/non-red eye Watchers.

Mound makers should get summoned into the Abyss Watchers fight on the side of 'gently caress everyone here'.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Aldrich Faithfuls get summoned into Deacons

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Cybershell posted:

this, in fact, objectively owns

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Sankis posted:

and who cares what anyone else does in dark souls short of straight up hacking.

Pretty much exactly this. Do whatever the gently caress you want in a Souls game short of cheating.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
New character time, anyone got suggestions for a fun build for Porcelain Man?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

the lowest vig you can get him + the gear that makes you take more damage

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I would really like to see the next Souls game have some bosses with adaptive AI stats for phantoms versus solo.

Instead of the boss randomly going between the two or three phantoms it would actively try to corral them or hit in multiple directions.

That would be pretty fantastic. I love doing co-op and I'd love it even more if it was an interestingly different experience from doing things solo.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Cybershell posted:

Reminds me of when I laid out a prism stone path and then flopped on the ground nearby with the lay down gesture. Somehow, an invader walks literally right past me, nearly STEPPING on me, to go run over to the prism stone path. Talk about tunnel vision? I had to shout at him as he was running down the path to get him to come back.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

semi-dumb question

Do you have to stay in Crucifixion woods to be a Watchdog? Them and Aldritch are the only covenant rewards I need to earn and I would rather explore and randomly get called in than sit around in the swamp for a few hours

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Tracula posted:

I've found Deacons to be the easiest place to co-op. It's just so much fun to go in with a few other phantoms and just randomly swing around a great sword and smash all of them :black101:

I know I've mentioned this before in the thread, but I did Deacons once with a Great Corvian Scythe. You know, the weapon with a long reach that causes bleed on you for each enemy you hit.

For watchdogging, you can just farm the poo poo out of darkwraiths outside of the Abyss Watcher fight. :geno:

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Mel Mudkiper posted:

semi-dumb question

Do you have to stay in Crucifixion woods to be a Watchdog? Them and Aldritch are the only covenant rewards I need to earn and I would rather explore and randomly get called in than sit around in the swamp for a few hours

the farthest I've been called in from has been the farron keep perimeter. I think theoretically it should work everywhere but...this game..

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Mel Mudkiper posted:

semi-dumb question

Nah. So long as your icon is flashing in the upper left it means you can be summoned.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

is there anything that serves as a soul "bank" like dung pies did in dark souls 1? In other words their cost when buying == income when selling?

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

GulagDolls posted:

I invaded someone who had only one white summoned last night and I had to kill three phantoms.

it's not just how many phantoms the host has summoned, but how many are in the game when you invade as a mad phantom. so if the host has a white phantom and another red and a watchdog and etc the game calculates accordingly.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Cybershell posted:

God, it's like cats with a lazer pointer, that's fantastic. I liked the couple times where you missed the first shot, and the invader had a couple seconds of confusion over the giant arrow before a second one smacked 'em in the face.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

double nine posted:

is there anything that serves as a soul "bank" like dung pies did in dark souls 1? In other words their cost when buying == income when selling?

I haven't seen anything like that. Even if an item has a 1:1 buy/sell there's a hard cap on how many items you can have in this game, and that number is pretty low.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Your Computer posted:

New character time, anyone got suggestions for a fun build for Porcelain Man?

Babe Magnet posted:

the lowest vig you can get him + the gear that makes you take more damage

Yeah he seems perfect for a glass cannon gimmick, either a pure caster with tons of Int/Faith or a Dex build with one casting stat, with a ton of stamina and weight allotment so you can "fastroll" forever with both Carthus rings

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is Seath the Scaleless in this? I remember it being in a trailer, but haven't found it

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

my new dog posted:

Is Seath the Scaleless in this? I remember it being in a trailer, but haven't found it

Not directly, there's a dude who's definitely supposed to evoke him whose soul makes the White Dragon Breath spell and Moonlight Sword tho

More of an homage

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Paul Zuvella posted:

After doing everything in the base game except the grinding related trophies, I have to say I feel like Bloodborne was a better game.

This is my hot take.

i think this game would be vastly improved with bloodborne's dodging and healing mechanics

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

my new dog posted:

He wasn't in any trailers.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Jose posted:

i think this game would be vastly improved with bloodborne's dodging and healing mechanics

It wouldn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Bloodborne's healing mechanics in what way? The regain thing?

There should be a boss weapon or ring that does that