Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Tracula posted:

I just don't get hacking and making yourself invincible.. There's no actual real leaderboards or whatever to place. Do something amusing if you're gonna cheat in MP, christ.

the thing is, you saw how low we got his health? that's after he had already sipped to full twice. Why he was sipping when he had health restoring hacks I couldn't tell you but goddamn dude learn the play the game you're trying to ruin for everyone else

Night Blade posted:

Im in the process of making a low level poison gimmick character.

It was a nice thought I guess.

I got a few good matches in, maybe 3 in the whole two hours, but the majority were poo poo like straight up hackers or dudes muling end-game items to their low level characters.

I'm counting "gang-stomped to death by two friendly phantoms and the fun police" as "good matches" btw lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

HellCopter posted:

Yorshka can't be Priscilla, because Priscilla doesn't have bizarre malformed baby arms.

does priscilla have those weird neck tentacles that yorshka has?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

SciFiDownBeat posted:

to be honest if a piece of flan asked for my hand in marriage I would say yes in a heartbeat. eating a lot of flan would explain why gwynevere is so big as well.
Not just any flan though, it's flame flan and I don't think you want to eat that:

HellCopter posted:

Yorshka can't be Priscilla, because Priscilla doesn't have bizarre malformed baby arms.

I think she's just sickly thin, and unless I'm hearing an enemy or something she also breathes really strained. Her "are you a bird?" dialogue is pretty cute though :3:

Domattee
Mar 5, 2012

Tracula posted:

I just don't get hacking and making yourself invincible.. There's no actual real leaderboards or whatever to place. Do something amusing if you're gonna cheat in MP, christ.

the ones that like to pretend as if they were legit until it looks like they might lose are the most interesting to me personally. It's not that they want to clown on others since they could just start with infini health. I don't get it.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Manatee Cannon posted:

does priscilla have those weird neck tentacles that yorshka has?

Priscilla has scales on her neck, and I guess both scales and tentacles are a Seath thing if you go for the "Seath was involved in Priscilla being a dragon crossbreed" theory.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
Holy poo poo this fukken cathedral. Several country miles between the cleansing chapel bonfire and who knows where the next one is.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

i do love that everyone who is a shitbird simultaneously thought "i know what i will do, i will buy dark souls 3 and try so very hard to grief low level players. i remember watching videos of this on youtube years ago when dark souls was popular and i missed out on that action; surely this will catapult me to internet superstardom!" but then because they're all doing it at once it's not remarkable at all in any way except for being just the loving most god awful thing. it's like a three stooges routine where too many people are trying to get through the same doorway at once except the doorway is labeled "BAD IDEAS" and all three people are horrible autists

lite_sleepr posted:

Holy poo poo this fukken cathedral. Several country miles between the cleansing chapel bonfire and who knows where the next one is.

lol you'll love this it's the cleansing chapel bonfire again!

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Situations like that are why my fist deals instant death curse.

Infinite HP people never see it coming.

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
So I'm not at all convinced that the permanently instant "Unable to Summon Phantom" messages are just because someone else already summoned that player. I've been sitting here at for 20min hitting signs the instant they pop up and haven't had a single hit. Any connectivity tips or things to help with this? Router settings or something? It's super suspect to me.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

there is another bonfire, actually

its the boss room, after you beat the boss

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

homeless poster posted:

i do love that everyone who is a shitbird simultaneously thought "i know what i will do, i will buy dark souls 3 and try so very hard to grief low level players. i remember watching videos of this on youtube years ago when dark souls was popular and i missed out on that action; surely this will catapult me to internet superstardom!" but then because they're all doing it at once it's not remarkable at all in any way except for being just the loving most god awful thing. it's like a three stooges routine where too many people are trying to get through the same doorway at once except the doorway is labeled "BAD IDEAS" and all three people are horrible autists

lol you'll love this it's the cleansing chapel bonfire again!

Sounds like someone got great arrow sniped off a precarious catwalk into a precipice :shobon:

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Manatee Cannon posted:

I think priscilla is probably alive because some item descriptions imply that aldrich dreamed of her but didn't find her, tho I can see why people think she's dead. maybe the dlc will go into the nito connection, but otherwise anything could be right because the game never mentions it at all
The start of the DLC will be Priscilla sinking into the painted world with a thumbs up. :lol:

Had something weird happen when I got booted mid-game and switched to offline ( So much for solving that title-screen booting last patch :argh: ) it actually fixed my NPC quests somewhat, or bugged them out worse, hard to tell. I've already killed waaayyy~ too many bosses to catch up on their storylines, but it kicked them all into the next steps that hadn't triggered because the game didn't feel like it. :confused:

On the topic of crummy triggers, I got confused as poo poo when I couldn't get into the Archives. Turns out you have to kill the other Lords before the NPC corpse with the key spawns.

Dazzling Addar
Mar 27, 2010

He may have a funny face, but he's THE BEST KONG
Regarding Aldrich eating Nito, it's entirely possible, but whatever he consumed was likely inconsequential. By the time the Chosen Undead found Nito, he was basically a nonfactor in the world. He had given most of his Lord's Soul power to cement death as a natural thing for humanity, and then the Pinwheels went and stole a bunch of whatever was left. Then the Chosen Undead takes the greatly diminished Lord Soul to link the fire. If he did eat Nito, Aldrich was probably embarrassed by it after the fact because he just ate a bunch of skeletons and feathers with no substance to them. The Lord Souls are ineffable, but they aren't inexhaustible. Nito's essence remained in the world to coalesce once again into the Rotten, but the Rotten was just a bunch of Hollows with a big meat cleaver and a thing for making dolls. It's why the First Flame is gradually, inexorably going out despite all of the linking. The original lords were simply too frivolous with the power they were granted, and the necessary kindling to truly keep the flame going is tied up in other ventures, like death for the undying and a big demon spouting conflagration. Heaven only knows where Seath and the Four Kings elected to invest their fragments.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Babe Magnet posted:

so sometimes you might think to yourself "hey I'll do a gimmick build of a cool character and do some low level pvp, spice some people's games up a bit"

sometimes your stats might look a little like this:

here's a hot tip on how to go about this whole business:

loving don't because this is what "low level" dark souls is now

http://handbeezy.com/media/videos/371.webm

It's not like this the rest of the game? That's good, cause holy poo poo every multiplayer thing I do has been garbage. End game items in early game zones, terrible latency, never ending invasions into co-op games so NO ONE is having the time they wanted...

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

BillmasterCozb posted:

I hope we re-visit Burme Tower in a DLC, I want to fight dark Smelter Demon

A Smelter Demon for each element! All at the same time!

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Dazzling Addar posted:

Regarding Aldrich eating Nito, it's entirely possible, but whatever he consumed was likely inconsequential. By the time the Chosen Undead found Nito, he was basically a nonfactor in the world. He had given most of his Lord's Soul power to cement death as a natural thing for humanity, and then the Pinwheels went and stole a bunch of whatever was left. Then the Chosen Undead takes the greatly diminished Lord Soul to link the fire. If he did eat Nito, Aldrich was probably embarrassed by it after the fact because he just ate a bunch of skeletons and feathers with no substance to them. The Lord Souls are ineffable, but they aren't inexhaustible. Nito's essence remained in the world to coalesce once again into the Rotten, but the Rotten was just a bunch of Hollows with a big meat cleaver and a thing for making dolls. It's why the First Flame is gradually, inexorably going out despite all of the linking. The original lords were simply too frivolous with the power they were granted, and the necessary kindling to truly keep the flame going is tied up in other ventures, like death for the undying and a big demon spouting conflagration. Heaven only knows where Seath and the Four Kings elected to invest their fragments.

This.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

lite_sleepr posted:

Sounds like someone got great arrow sniped off a precarious catwalk into a precipice :shobon:

i didn't, but the experience wasn't any more fun for me, only because it involved me moving forward one inch a minute, scanning every possible surface for thralls or hidden hollows or snipers or whatever so i could pick them off with my bow before they could drop on me. in retrospect there's no loot on the roof worth stopping for so i should have just ran from the bonfire all the way to the first loop back to the bonfire without stopping, but hindsight is always 20/20.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
The descriptions on the Corvian weapons indicate that the Painted World still exists and that these horrible, terrible crow people are trying to find their way there.

However, Irithyll is also a Painted World reference; you get a doll in order to cross a barrier into a snow world and the painting guardian set is located near Yorshka, who looks exactly like Priscilla.

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010

Babe Magnet posted:

so sometimes you might think to yourself "hey I'll do a gimmick build of a cool character and do some low level pvp, spice some people's games up a bit"

This poo poo right here is why i stopped playing fun-police. 6/10 times i was summoned it was into a gangbang with one or more pimped out phantoms.

I'd rather smash their little e-peen stroking competition into pieces as an invader.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Babe Magnet posted:

there is another bonfire, actually

its the boss room, after you beat the boss

rosaria's chambers

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

oh yeah

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice

So when you say "Aldritch ate Nito" what you meant was, "Aldritch ate a pile of bones vaguely shaped like Nito"? I can accept that even if it's overall meaningless.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

RentACop posted:

People don't like it when you imply their waifus are dead, it's natural there's resistance to the idea

how dare you impugn Nito's honor like that

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah, honestly, if hacking for fun was the meta, it'd be great. I remember in DS2 I used to dress up like a viking and blue cop with thunder magic and poo poo, making myself fly into the air like thor :black101:

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

also the real question about Yorshka is why does she say she doesn't have any soldiers when Sirris is already a Blade of the Darkmoon

Cyberventurer
Jul 10, 2005

Babe Magnet posted:

low level pvp is absolutely hosed

Anything that makes me long for Soul Memory is too much for me

I cheaped out and played through most of the game at a low level (just shooting for 27 vigor and swinging a raw weapon is a great substitute for actual character progression) so I did just about all of my invasions for Rosaria and Mound Maker covenant items with up to 5 estus that were powered up to +6 or so. It was kind of unfair, really, since even with a host's double estus, I could usually heal more total health than he did, was invading with 1,000 HP at level 20, and still did decent damage for my level because of the Raw infusion. I could chug right in front of players and not care if I got hit because I'd still heal for more than them. God help them if another phantom died, because it would just grant me another flask charge or two.

On one hand, I was basically a health twink and probably wasn't any fun to fight, but on the other I'm not really good at the game and needed any advantage I could get. :v:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

BombiTheZombie posted:

*host has twice the estus, 25% more hp and two phantoms* "Boy this invader sure is scummy and unfair! *drinks four shots of estus and summons another three phantoms*

Invading has never been fair, but it has been a part of the game. In DS1 it was swayed too far in the invaders favor just as its swayed too far to the hosts in DS3.

i think it's really hosed up that ds3 is making invading more challenging and asking you to get better at it

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

yeah if I got hacked by a dude who was like The Last Guardian of Asgard or a guy who could summon bonewheels or giant crabs or a guy who caused an explosion like the old demon king's with every swing I wouldn't even be mad, that'd be great

instead its dudes who can 1h swing the fugs 6 times while throwing high-level pyromancies or dudes who will run away to sip while also healing to full health in the middle of a swing

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

also the real question about Yorshka is why does she say she doesn't have any soldiers when Sirris is already a Blade of the Darkmoon

Doesn't she say she doesn't have any Captains, not soldiers specifically? Sirris also swears loyalty to you by completing the quest line.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Proposition Joe posted:

The descriptions on the Corvian weapons indicate that the Painted World still exists and that these horrible, terrible crow people are trying to find their way there.

However, Irithyll is also a Painted World reference; you get a doll in order to cross a barrier into a snow world and the painting guardian set is located near Yorshka, who looks exactly like Priscilla.

perhaps irithyll is the painted world, which aldrich or pontiff sulyvhan dragged into the real world in their search for priscilla, and priscilla somehow morphed into yorshka. the influence of the painted world could also contribute to anor londo's state (besides dark anor londo being triggered in the past).

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

"Mm, you're an Unkindled, aren't you.
I am Sirris, of the Sunless Realms, former servant of the Divinity."

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Babe Magnet posted:

I think the guy in black/silver knight armor was hacking. I don't think it's possible to get your defense that high without a ridiculous amount of vitality.

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010

Buca di Bepis posted:

i think it's really hosed up that ds3 is making invading more challenging and asking you to get better at it

Can't really "git gud" against someone who either has two pimped out havels with greatshields hugging em at all times or runs around spamming phantoms. If a host loses to an invader its because he either got too cocky or he was being dumb.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
As I was running out of embers to fight bosses (My vig is only 15, should I buff it up a bit?), I decided to help newbies fight Old Demon King. I was summoned by one guy like 5 times, he still hasn't realised that the boss explodes when close to death. :cripes:

Actually having some trouble of my own vs ODK, because I don't have an appropriate weapon, so I'm stuck using a Black knight sword two-handed. Works OK, but I need to git gud.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Your Computer posted:

oh, cool, that's a good answer

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

BombiTheZombie posted:

Can't really "git gud" against someone who either has two pimped out havels with greatshields hugging em at all times or runs around spamming phantoms. If a host loses to an invader its because he either got too cocky or he was being dumb.

i bet you can, actually. by getting better

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Your Computer posted:

perhaps she believes the darkmoon blades to have died with gwyndolin, not knowing about yorshka

idea: if it's established that seath finds a way to reincarnate himself somehow (through freja and ocerios), and priscilla is the "daughter" of seath, it could be postulated that priscilla also has the ability to reincarnate, and yorshka is her new form.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I like fighting multiple opponents and even when I don't win it's satisfying to see how close I can get. Maybe you guys shouldn't invade if you don't like it.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Proposition Joe posted:

You want to know who else looks like Priscilla? [spoiler]That rock right there by the bushes in front of the door leading into the chamber where the bonfire is. That's Priscilla[spoiler]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

RatHat posted:

I think the guy in black/silver knight armor was hacking. I don't think it's possible to get your defense that high without a ridiculous amount of vitality.

he definitely was, that was also him healing mid-swing and rolling infinitely

argondamn posted:

I like fighting multiple opponents and even when I don't win it's satisfying to see how close I can get. Maybe you guys shouldn't invade if you don't like it.

I think I'm going to upload this video of my fighting two summons and a host and winning with this gimmick character and then retire Farmlord Wheato