Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It probably helps that there's no Monster Hunter on Sony systems anymore.

Help Im Alive posted:

I think Monster Hunter still is legitimately the best at what it does though

MH has too much bloat for me, I've preferred the stripped down approach that some others have.

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 13:08 on May 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
MH is so good at what it does that's why there's 800 clones trying to fill it's shoes

Not that the clones are bad, but these large-scale hunting games seem better suited for a larger screen and higher framerate, I never got the portability appeal of monhan, I'm not gonna sit on a train and hunt a Khezu.

Just release Soul Sacrifice on PS4 already.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
http://gematsu.com/2016/05/new-interpretation-stranger-sword-city-announced-ps-vita

Rude.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

:mad:

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Hahaha wow

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

I haven't opened my CE yet. I should probably just return it.

Edit: Who knows if we'll even get this version though.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

thorsilver posted:

Oh and it doesn't matter about 11 people online or whatever, all online missions are playable with the AI characters, who are significantly more skilled and reliable than any actual random humans I've played with. A massive improvement over MH, IMO, where you either have to find a group to play with or struggle with idiot randoms or solo monsters in multiplayer quests that are balanced for 4 people and thus take forever to kill.

Interesting. I love MH but I'll give this a shot (assuming I can peel myself away from Helldivers for a few seconds).

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

The game isn't even out in Australia yet, which seems like it might be a stroke of luck for me. I'll definitely be waiting for some clarity on what's going to happen with this expansion before buying.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Between this and Miku I have to think they're doing this on purpose.

dPB
Aug 2, 2006
Captain Awesome

ayukawa posted:

Sorry to keep you all waiting on this one. I wanted to be at my console when I answered so I could do a better job than if I was just using an IPad.

That would be 如月千早 [Kisaragi Chihaya] from IDOLM@STER

Thanks for this, now I can sleep easier.

Grand Kingdom beta question, is it available for EU/Oceania and is the final game going to have cross save?

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Midjack posted:

Between this and Miku I have to think they're doing this on purpose.

They know a huge portion of their Japanese audience will double down and they're not really doing it for the West. Of course they're doing it on purpose.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I dunno if I'd buy Stranger again anyway, it's too hardcore for me

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I've been playing Digital Devil Summoner Digimon Cyber Sleuth, and my main squad of mons hasn't done much leveling in a while. Is that normal? They're still kicking rear end, but is it a mistake to stick with just a handful of mons and leave all the others on the farm?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

If you're playing on Normal and keep evolving them you can pretty much roll with whoever you like.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

dPB posted:

Thanks for this, now I can sleep easier.

Grand Kingdom beta question, is it available for EU/Oceania

Yes, its an option on the sign up page to say what region you are in.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

I dunno if I'd buy Stranger again anyway, it's too hardcore for me

ayukawa
Feb 7, 2016

Nice boat.
Come to think of it, I never even picked up a copy of Monster Hunter on my PSP.
I was not in any way attracted to the cover art, and that really influenced me.

I also had an acquaintance at the time who was really trying to pressure me into playing it, and I really do not like being pressured into playing games.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Kind of annoyed at the sword city announcement but considering the third part to Operation Abyss will probably never be seen outside of Japan who knows if or when the update will hit?

(I'll probably still buy it again since I'm a bitch idiot and am having fun with SoSC even with its thoroughly malicious gimmicks later)

(There's an entire dungeon that turns off skills, an idea I've always wondered about but now know why it hasn't been done)

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

We never got the updates to Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters or Valhalla Knights 3 so I don't have my hopes up for this update.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

lol Valhalla Knights 3. Poor me had just gotten a cheap Vita off eBay and was looking through the PSN sales. 'How bad can it be?' I thought to myself

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

I mean probably like 90% of games are dead online after a year unless it's CoD or something

I remember when I was going for the Dead Rising 2 platinum the dumb zombie gameshow multiplayer thing was already completely dead like a month after release

Even COD is dead now.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Sakurazuka posted:

lol Valhalla Knights 3. Poor me had just gotten a cheap Vita off eBay and was looking through the PSN sales. 'How bad can it be?' I thought to myself

I kinda liked Valhalla Knights 3 because I enjoy the series' while gimmick if making all your guys and slowly ramping up from guys in like tattered armor to bigger and better gear. It had this twisted sense of progression, like I fully realized I was spending like twenty minutes fighting bandits so I could afford to deck out one of six dudes in my team with the new armor that just came in stock but I kind of had fun doing it? I gave it like 10 hours then I think something else came out and I never played it again. I don't think I even bothered to put it on my new 64GB.

That's why I'm really interested in Stranger, it looks like it scratches that same itch.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Anyone played lost dimension before? It looks alright for $20 and the reviews seem okay. Trying to decide between that or the darius game.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Stanos posted:

Anyone played lost dimension before? It looks alright for $20 and the reviews seem okay. Trying to decide between that or the darius game.

It's an alright rpg, although the true ending isn't obtainable until the 2nd run at minimum due to the gimmick of the traitor system. I had some fun and some of the characters are nice.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Stanos posted:

Be aware that it runs at something like 20 fps at all times. Doesn't hurt the gameplay, but makes everything a bit slow and menus tedious.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

In Training posted:

Even COD is dead now.

tf2 seems fine and it's going on 9 years old. going to the vita for multiplayer just seems like a mistake in general

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Really Pants posted:

I've been playing Digital Devil Summoner Digimon Cyber Sleuth, and my main squad of mons hasn't done much leveling in a while. Is that normal? They're still kicking rear end, but is it a mistake to stick with just a handful of mons and leave all the others on the farm?

It should be fine as I'm slowly collecting the extras and raising them on the farm in the meantime too. Also I haven't really de-evolved anyone yet. The game is fun and I like it more than DeSu 1/2.

Esp seeing my all my old digimon friends again :3:

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

ayukawa posted:

Sorry to keep you all waiting on this one. I wanted to be at my console when I answered so I could do a better job than if I was just using an IPad.

That would be 如月千早 [Kisaragi Chihaya] from IDOLM@STER.

Whoever created the first image used a piece of fanart by an artist on pixiv, ohayohayo, after they flipped it.
This is the original:

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=24443168

Sorry but that seriously looks nothing like her.

I hope Platinum Stars is good. OFA didn't hold my interest for very long.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I already covered this Megalixir, but thank you for the anime.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

tf2 seems fine and it's going on 9 years old. going to the vita for multiplayer just seems like a mistake in general

Dunno, Killzone is still doing alright, probably has more players than KZ Shadow Fall does :v:

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Megalixir posted:

Sorry but that seriously looks nothing like her.

chihaya, like all the 765 girls, is extremely good and cool

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

That's a lot of anime girls

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

kirbysuperstar posted:

Dunno, Killzone is still doing alright, probably has more players than KZ Shadow Fall does :v:

well, when you're the one competant shooter on the platform I guess you'd have to retain a usebase because those people dn't have anywhere else to go

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

True enough. I'm glad it has a persistent userbase, it's a great game.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Playing Trails in Cold Steel. The animation and framerate are terrible.

Help Im Alive posted:

I mean probably like 90% of games are dead online after a year unless it's CoD or something

I remember when I was going for the Dead Rising 2 platinum the dumb zombie gameshow multiplayer thing was already completely dead like a month after release

If you have a good competitive game it will be played for years. Games that shoehorn online features never have a long shelf life.

punk rebel ecks fucked around with this message at 03:26 on May 2, 2016

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

punk rebel ecks posted:

Playing Trails in Cold Steel. The animation and framerate are terrible.

For which part? I'd say the only time frame rate is terrible is in a couple areas that are too big, or too busy.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Erg posted:

For which part? I'd say the only time frame rate is terrible is in a couple areas that are too big, or too busy.

The entire beginning of the game has a bad framerate. Particularly the town before you go into the school.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

punk rebel ecks posted:

The entire beginning of the game has a bad framerate. Particularly the town before you go into the school.

If I remember right it's got little petals falling constantly for that section, which would explain the framerate. If you still think it's bad after you get into the schoolhouse dungeon then idk.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

thanks, needed these

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Help Im Alive posted:

That's a lot of anime girls

but get this: it's nowhere near enough