Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karistar
Jan 5, 2012
It almost feels like everytime I return from a place without internet I return to playing terrible Korean grindfest games. Thus, I have a question regarding the Tamer, which is described in the OP as the anime little girl with a dog: Is she able to perform well on mounted combat (assuming her dog can keep up with her)? I'm almost envisioning your typical Ghibli show with a little girl on a horse with a pet dog, except they're slaughtering stuff nearby.

I've always enjoyed playing terrible glass cannons, and Tamer sounds like someone that fits the bill except she's also pretty mobile. I just want to go faster and I need to breed a Redhare for this purpose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

TIL: Laws of science has an expiration date!

Sometimes I'll be going on a trade run and suddenly see some of the most mind-blowingly stupidest poo poo show up on my chatbox.

Added bonus of the slightly slower noble wagon: it eternally slows down other wagons coming up behind me.

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:

Ass_Burgerer posted:

TIL: Laws of science has an expiration date!

Sometimes I'll be going on a trade run and suddenly see some of the most mind-blowingly stupidest poo poo show up on my chatbox.

Added bonus of the slightly slower noble wagon: it eternally slows down other wagons coming up behind me.

Ahhh, back before computers when the average joe was dumb as poo poo. Not like the present where we are all a part of a highly evolved, hyper intelligent race of supermen.

J
Jun 10, 2001

If only those goshdarned eggheads would use these newfangled puters we coulda had flying cars by now :byodood:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Holyshoot posted:

is getting +15 on everything and ultimate versions of all your stuff that bad? OR even with that you get rolled by people in +15 boss gear?

Yes and No.

I got my weapon to +15 and everything else is +10 through to +14. That thought of having to +16/+17 stuff and then work on accessories etc just to stay even remotely competitive in PVP is kinda turning me off. Also Battlefleet Gothic Armada has me fully in its grasp right now :shobon:

Goo P-Nut Sack
Feb 10, 2009

Pro tip: don't use reblath armor to build fail stacks like you see in videos, they +15 much easier than green armor. After my previous post I bought a pair of Talis shoes instead and easily got to +25 stacks twice to get a pair of PRI Mark of Shadows. There's generally a lot of them for sale on the AH for about 22k so repairing is cheap and easy.

If you missed my last post I blew right around 150 black stones on reblath gear trying to build fail stacks as per a lot of videos I've seen. I kept hitting +15 anywhere between 0-15 fail stacks and was just chalking it up to my decades long curse with RNG in any game I play.

Goo P-Nut Sack fucked around with this message at 13:48 on May 2, 2016

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Hi posted:

Ahhh, back before computers when the average joe was dumb as poo poo. Not like the present where we are all a part of a highly evolved, hyper intelligent race of supermen.

President Camacho 2016

OW! MY BALLS!

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Karistar posted:

It almost feels like everytime I return from a place without internet I return to playing terrible Korean grindfest games. Thus, I have a question regarding the Tamer, which is described in the OP as the anime little girl with a dog: Is she able to perform well on mounted combat (assuming her dog can keep up with her)? I'm almost envisioning your typical Ghibli show with a little girl on a horse with a pet dog, except they're slaughtering stuff nearby.

I've always enjoyed playing terrible glass cannons, and Tamer sounds like someone that fits the bill except she's also pretty mobile. I just want to go faster and I need to breed a Redhare for this purpose.

If you want to focus on mounted combat, you really only have two options: Wizard/Witch, or Ranger. Of the two classes, Ranger has more mobility when dismounted, but Wizard/Witch are arguably more useful in mass-pvp. It's a tossup, imo, as to which is a better grinder. I want to say Wizard/Witch has more CC and sustain.

No other class can really do anything useful on horseback except chase and dismount.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

\The thing is money in this game is absolute king and it can get you anything you would want. Prices of stones are dropping really hard right now because of a glut in supplies while the prices of expensive accessories are staying relatively the same. Its a good time to get gear to 15 if you can generate enough money to cover stones. The leap to 17 or 18 to remain competitive in PVP will be absolutely killer though. Failstacking is such a loving horrible mechanic and you'll be going on +50 stacks for things over 15 that the thought of it turns me off of the entire thing. Add in weapon degrading upgrades on failure and its stupidly korean.

ioneye
Apr 24, 2008
Gearing your gear to +15 is really loving easy, I had all 15s a few days after I hit 50 and Im casual as they come. And I already have a few alts with some decent failstacks ready to go once they raise that cap.

Enchanting accesorries, though, gently caress that. I got a couple of MOS and witches earrings in my bank that I'm way too much of a pussy to enchant, and there's no way I would even PRI an ogre ring if I managed to get one.

But at least if you play casually and get some money, you can buy all the gear from the marketplace.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Honestly, gearing to +15 can be easy but if you have awful luck like me or Magnun you can easily build 80 failstacks (over like, 4 characters) just trying to +14 a piece of armor. I am sure some people are salivating at the thought of that many failstacks but when you are starting off, failing that many times isn't fun, and you probably don't have RNG accessories lying in wait to use up those stacks either.

I mean, in reality, it only took a couple of weeks to +15 my first yuria and another couple of weeks to +15 my armor, but failing time after time when you just want to gear up sucks rear end. If you're new and reading this you probably won't have as lovely luck as I do. But if you do, being told "yay, failstacks!" won't feel like much of a consolation for a while. And fails start getting pretty drat expensive when you start failing on liverto/kzarka/boss armor (in the future). Sure, I can build up failstacks easy, but failing on a liverto 20x in a row on max fail stacks will cost you like 20-30 million. Yeah I'm salty. :argh:

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
As long as you can waste 95% of players in full +15 I don't see an issue. Yes that other 5% of try hards that don't stop playing this game will own you. But that's when you bring in backup like HyC or just run away and change channels. This game makes it somewhat easy to avoid pvp if you want to.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Holyshoot posted:

As long as you can waste 95% of players in full +15 I don't see an issue. Yes that other 5% of try hards that don't stop playing this game will own you. But that's when you bring in backup like HyC or just run away and change channels. This game makes it somewhat easy to avoid pvp if you want to.

I'd be ok if the scaling wasnt horrible. Two or at the very most 3 people in full 15 should be able to take on someone using top end gear instead of just tickling them. I know that they've introduced some gear catchup with accessory quests, but more things like that are always welcomed if they keep introducing more power creep

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007
My plum is 152 AP with a +15 liverto (which would be around 145 AP with a +15 ultimate yuria) and my best accessory is a duo deeds ring. It's really not that hard to get enough numbers to kill people, my red moon does around 40% of the health of the highest leveled/geared player on the server. Only things that are annoying to kill are DP stacking valks/warriors but if they are DP stacking they are pretty useless anyways.

ioneye
Apr 24, 2008
There's another thing I would like to bring up... can we not get wardeced senselessly by the top guilds just for the fun of it? poo poo I like being the assholes on the server like any other game, but most of the people on the guild isn't level 55 with PRI and DUOs and getting curb stomped isn't any fun.

Fighting vs noob guilds like reckoning and disposable heroes is fun and all, but we had something like 15 wardecs vs us last night. Say goodbye to doing world bosses if we somehow end up pissing off veritas.

CountingWizard
Jul 6, 2004

ioneye posted:

There's another thing I would like to bring up... can we not get wardeced senselessly by the top guilds just for the fun of it? poo poo I like being the assholes on the server like any other game, but most of the people on the guild isn't level 55 with PRI and DUOs and getting curb stomped isn't any fun.

Fighting vs noob guilds like reckoning and disposable heroes is fun and all, but we had something like 15 wardecs vs us last night. Say goodbye to doing world bosses if we somehow end up pissing off veritas.

Sounds like guerilla warfare would be called for in this case. Seek out soft targets like fishers, strength trainers, and horse trainers. Make it costly to them. Also switch your afkers to sub-45 characters.

Another strategy would be to regularly harass and distract their grinders from being able to grind on mobs. Your only loss is durability repair costs while they are losing out on their revenue streams.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
bunch of little baby goons afraid of some pvp in their grind spot

guess what, you'll be grinding after you hit 55 for rings, earring, necklaces, etc.

PVP happens embrace it

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

I found what looks to be a cool progression-by-class flowchart with more thought put into it than ALL GRUNIL MAX AP HURRRRRRR:

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

That flowchart has been around for ages and literally suggests "go full grunil" once the mediah update hits.

Snatch Duster posted:

bunch of little baby goons afraid of some pvp in their grind spot

guess what, you'll be grinding after you hit 55 for rings, earring, necklaces, etc.

PVP happens embrace it

You're kind of proving ioneye's point by ignoring the fact that not everyone is out there grinding on a 55. And the problem isn't with grinding spots, the problem is when you head out to do a world boss and are cock-blocked because there are 7 random wardecced people there and your guild doesn't give a poo poo enough to come do anything about it.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Clocks posted:

That flowchart has been around for ages and literally suggests "go full grunil" once the mediah update hits.

No, it "literally" doesn't. It only says go grunil for a couple classes. Most of them show grunil as an option but highlights the original set in red (indicating their recommended choice, according to the author's post)

Where there's multiple images it means those are your options to choose from, note the wizard one where there's four (including one mixed set option). It's just poorly formatted.

Unsinkabear fucked around with this message at 18:28 on May 2, 2016

ioneye
Apr 24, 2008
Actually it's not even me, I hate doing world bosses besides the guild scrolls, and I've yet to get killed (killed a few though) when I farm for MoSs, Earings, etc. I do enjoy killing people, specially since apparently witches and wizards are the worst 1v1 class in the game but I gently caress people up 1v1 just fine and can even hold my own 2v1 if there isn't a sorcerer around. It's just the sentiment of some people I've been talking to.

ioneye fucked around with this message at 17:23 on May 2, 2016

crazystray
Aug 7, 2005
Grow or die.
Grats to those of you who are bad with money!

quote:

Greetings Adventurers,

There have been many concerns with the Pre-Order Horse not living up to the standard of other Tier 5 horses. We heard you and made a point to forward your Global message to the Developers hoping to find a solution once and for all . After multiple discussion we have reached the decision that the best way to handle this matter will be to issue new horses to Conqueror Package Owners.

We would like to apologize for the delay, as it took quite some time from both sides to understand what could be done and how big of an impact this situation had. The whys and wherefores are sometimes obvious for some, but final decision still needs time to be thought through.

We also would like to apologize for the lack of details regarding the pre-order horses contained in our packages.

On May 6th every Conqueror Package Owner will receive one Tier 5 Female Horse as well as a Breeding Reset Coupon for Female Horses. As many of you probably know female horses are significantly more rare than males, so we have chosen to provide a female to make up for lost time. We will offer this through the coupon system to redeem, this will be found on your account page.

Again, we apologize for the delay in this conclusion and appreciate your patience.

-The BDO Team

Vier
Aug 5, 2007

What should I be working towards on my Wizard? Currently at 93/91 level 50

Agerian Helmet +9
Agerian Armour +11
Agerian Gloves +5
Agerian Shoes +5
Mark of Shadows
Mark of Shadows
Witches Earring
Witches Earring
PRI: Kalis Necklace
Kalis Belt
Steel Dagger +5
Yuria Staff +13

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Finish the yuria to +15 first, then get that dagger to +10, pick up an AP belt (PRI/DUO Bares or Tree Spirit if you're rich), and swap that necklace for one of the 5mil crafted ones that give you 5AP and CC-resist of whatever flavor you're the most scared of (I use knockdown resist as a sorc).

Then get all your armor up to +10.

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:

Vier posted:

Agerian Helmet +9
Agerian Armour +11
Agerian Gloves +5
Agerian Shoes +5
Mark of Shadows
Mark of Shadows
Witches Earring
Witches Earring
Kalis Belt
Steel Dagger +5
Yuria Staff +13

I would start doing your dailies, use the weapon stones and hunter seals to +15 your staff +7 your dagger, use armor stones on your helmet and then body armor, around 13-14 on those pump up hands and feet to +10 before +15ing the head and chest.... save any additional money that comes in for a scarla necklace or if you plan to pvp a lot one of the crafted necklaces with status effect resists. Make sure your daily boss scroll is always Moguhil or whatever for a chance at an ancient weapon core belt.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Clocks posted:

You're kind of proving ioneye's point by ignoring the fact that not everyone is out there grinding on a 55. And the problem isn't with grinding spots, the problem is when you head out to do a world boss and are cock-blocked because there are 7 random wardecced people there and your guild doesn't give a poo poo enough to come do anything about it.

Sometimes you get rekt in pvp, sometimes you rekt in pvp. If you want to pve in peace there is always becoming unguilded or creating a pvp free guild, but you'll still get flagged on.

I ain't stopping pvping on pubby shitlordes or pushing out a big clan like Flex with 3 people in a grind spot because a few pve carebears are upset at the consequences.

If there are 7 people killing you in a spot, maybe you should switch channels or ask Lewtt for protection.

Vier posted:

Agerian Helmet +9
Agerian Armour +11
Agerian Gloves +5
Agerian Shoes +5
Mark of Shadows
Mark of Shadows
Witches Earring
Witches Earring
Kalis Belt
Steel Dagger +5
Yuria Staff +13

I recommend skipping bares belt and getting a pri Belt of Shultz the Gladitor. It has the same stats as Treent Belt and is 10% of the cost.

Agreeable Badger
Aug 8, 2008

Snatch Duster posted:

I recommend skipping bares belt and getting a pri Belt of Shultz the Gladitor. It has the same stats as Treent Belt and is 10% of the cost.

Well, it's almost the same stats, as it's only missing 1 accuracy. It is also about half the cost, since a Pri Glad goes for 18m~. But it's a lot easier to get than a tree belt, and is definitely a good upgrade choice. Tree belt doesn't really show it's strength until it's upgraded, so until you're ready to start on that, pri glad is the way to go.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

It might be wise to hold off on either of those unless you're making GBS threads gold, what with new belts coming in Valencia

Hi's advice seemed pretty good

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007

Your Loyal Vizier posted:

No, it "literally" doesn't. It only says go grunil for a couple classes. Most of them show grunil as an option but highlights the original set in red (indicating their recommended choice, according to the author's post)

Where there's multiple images it means those are your options to choose from, note the wizard one where there's four (including one mixed set option). It's just poorly formatted.

The chart is poo poo purely based on the fact it says agerian is the best set for warriors.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

GreatestNerdEver posted:

The chart is poo poo purely based on the fact it says agerian is the best set for warriors.

I think it was created before Steel Taritas was an option so it doesn't account for 2/2 double dip Taritas bonus. Same for Berserker

Still a better resource than Black Desert Foundry

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007

I think it was created before Steel Taritas was an option so it doesn't account for 2/2 double dip Taritas bonus. Same for Berserker

That doesn't matter, warrior is 2 taritas/2 heve, agerian is terrible for them.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Same with valkyrie, if you already have a weapon with two slots or a kzarka weapon you dont need to use agerian. Just use a mix of taritas and grunil/heve.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

GreatestNerdEver posted:

That doesn't matter, warrior is 2 taritas/2 heve, agerian is terrible for them.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Same with valkyrie, if you already have a weapon with two slots or a kzarka weapon you dont need to use agerian. Just use a mix of taritas and grunil/heve.

How do you guys figure this poo poo out, I can't find information of that granularity anywhere. There's too much brown sea

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
This website is giving out guest passes in case anyone needs one (you have to follow them on twitter): http://wccftech.com/black-desert-online-free-guest-pass-giveaway/

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Agreeable Badger posted:

Well, it's almost the same stats, as it's only missing 1 accuracy. It is also about half the cost, since a Pri Glad goes for 18m~. But it's a lot easier to get than a tree belt, and is definitely a good upgrade choice. Tree belt doesn't really show it's strength until it's upgraded, so until you're ready to start on that, pri glad is the way to go.

I bought two Glad belts for 9 million, I don't care how much it sells for.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

How do you guys figure this poo poo out, I can't find information of that granularity anywhere. There's too much brown sea

Look at it this way, the only reason why you are going agerian is because you class prioritizes attack or cast speed the most. If you get a kzarka or a two crystal weapon then you can max out attack speed with just the weapon and crystals from your helmet. After that you want to maximize either health or secondary result depending on the class. Valk gains a lot from extra MP since her attacks scale from it she can recover a lot of it thanks to % based cooldowns. Maehwas gain damage from extra SP as well and they can dodge more often if they have a bigger pool so taritas is a must. Grunil hands and gloves gives you +5 ap, and both hands and helms provide gem slots for attack or cast speed, which these types of characters benefit from.

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007

You just figure it out by playing. Warriors are WP intensive = 2 piece taritas. Warriors main DPS skill scales off max HP = 2 piece heve.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Look at it this way, the only reason why you are going agerian is because you class prioritizes attack or cast speed the most. If you get a kzarka or a two crystal weapon then you can max out attack speed with just the weapon and crystals from your helmet. After that you want to maximize either health or secondary result depending on the class. Valk gains a lot from extra MP since her attacks scale from it she can recover a lot of it thanks to % based cooldowns. Maehwas gain damage from extra SP as well and they can dodge more often if they have a bigger pool so taritas is a must. Grunil hands and gloves gives you +5 ap, and both hands and helms provide gem slots for attack or cast speed, which these types of characters benefit from.

Are there any early two-slot weapons other than Krea which aren't poo poo?

Unsinkabear fucked around with this message at 19:44 on May 2, 2016

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Bleh, alright. I'm going to run Agerian on my tamer and sorc until I figure out which one of them I like more, and then I'll work out what the best stat min/max for them is.

Everything I've read points to endurance being extremely useful for Tamers both for defense and damage. So the better combination will actually be 2 piece zereth (boots and armor) and 2 piece grunil (helm and gloves) that way you gain the +5ap bonus as well as having the extra slots on your arms and head for whatever you need them.

Are there any early two-slot weapons other than Krea which aren't poo poo?

Nope. Mind you a blue crafted weapon sort of works too as long as you craft one that has your preferred stat.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 19:48 on May 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Everything I've read points to endurance being extremely useful for Tamers both for defense and damage. So the better combination will actually be 2 piece zereth (boots and armor) and 2 piece grunil (helm and gloves) that way you gain the +5ap bonus as well as having the extra slots on your arms and head for whatever you need them.

Nope. Mind you a blue crafted weapon sort of works too as long as you craft one that has your preferred stat.

Lol, I'm glad you can keep up with my furious edits. Thanks so much. But Zereth, really? Don't you already get a boatload of stamina through breath and level? What makes it so important that you need to push it even further as opposed to hp or mp or something? I leveled my breath to 19 or something early on and don't think I've ever run out of stamina since.

Unsinkabear fucked around with this message at 19:52 on May 2, 2016