Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003
Whoa hey caeg, thanks for watching :P

Yeah I guess that's sort of my problem too, I come from an arena deathmatch background so sitting still is always hard for me, and I've MOSTLY snuffed out my instincts to buy a shotgun and rush the nearest choke point...

So what's ideal protocol when you run into another person and aren't holding an angle, let's say i'm CT and moving to check long and I turn the corner a bit and there's a T pushing. Do I just freeze and drop into a crouch, wait a split second then start firing? It always feels like poo poo when you get killed trying to wait the time to shoot well and they just fire off some headshots from the hip while moving.

I know bullets are wildly off center if you're moving at all, so yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Loving Life Partner posted:

Yeah I guess that's sort of my problem too, I come from an arena deathmatch background so sitting still is always hard for me, and I've MOSTLY snuffed out my instincts to buy a shotgun and rush the nearest choke point...

So what's ideal protocol when you run into another person and aren't holding an angle, let's say i'm CT and moving to check long and I turn the corner a bit and there's a T pushing. Do I just freeze and drop into a crouch, wait a split second then start firing? It always feels like poo poo when you get killed trying to wait the time to shoot well and they just fire off some headshots from the hip while moving.

I think it is totally dependent on a couple of things. The biggest for me would be what weapon they have. If it's an awp and they are in/near pit. Take a pop shot and fall back and wait till you can get a better fight for your self by having them push your or by using utility. If the awps is right near you you're probably better off continuing to engage them and pushing them. If it's an Ak you're matched pretty evenly with an m4. So if you caught them off guard take the fight. If they see you and are father away fall back and hold angles, use utility, get your self into cross fire with someone on cat etc. But what the gently caress do I know! I'm a baddy at this game.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Loving Life Partner posted:

You maintain your crosshair on the corner so as you round it to so if they aren't in spot you think they are in you will at least be on them quickly. To get rid of movement inaccuracy you tap the opposite direction to the one you are currently moving in. So if you are strafing aaaaaa you take your finger off a tap d once and start firing. The interval of time between seeing and shooting should get smaller with practice. The main difficulty I find is if you are moving diagonally because I have retard fingers and going w and a to instantly d and s is awkward so I try to move around using the one button as much as is feasible.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Edit: goofballs beat me to it.

Macnult fucked around with this message at 19:10 on May 2, 2016

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Macnult posted:

Edit: goofballs beat me to it.

Last part about the running headshot explained a lot for me. Thanks!

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

The other thing I should mention is its useful to maintain your distance from the corner because they will see you first if you are close to it, longer explanation by some nerd. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5e8HZqF3cyk

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I don't know why but it bothers me that nobody makes any super polished tutorials. We have SFM and a suite of camera tools for replays but everyone just wants to talk over first person video still. :/

Edit: Good content video, I really enjoyed it I just want to complain

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
so boltz had a really good weekend and i think it's time that i uploaded this one round i had against him on esea where i won a 1v5 eco ace against a team with him on it. i got a lil excited. git fuckt nerd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4PEK3vlBj8

edit: of course, he destroyed us the rest of the game but i'll always have my one round :shobon:

Thom and the Heads fucked around with this message at 20:06 on May 2, 2016

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Thom and the Heads posted:

so boltz had a really good weekend and i think it's time that i uploaded this one round i had against him on esea where i won a 1v5 eco ace against a team with him on it. i got a lil excited. git fuckt nerd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4PEK3vlBj8

edit: of course, he destroyed us the rest of the game but i'll always have my one round :shobon:

When you baited the guy in CT :swoon:

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

Agoat posted:

I don't know why but it bothers me that nobody makes any super polished tutorials. We have SFM and a suite of camera tools for replays but everyone just wants to talk over first person video still. :/

Edit: Good content video, I really enjoyed it I just want to complain

Set the trend, man.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

it's been months since I've had a good game, I picked up the 2 week trial on CEVO and it just felt like every shot connected, is that huge difference in 128 vs 64?

https://cevo.com/hub/csgo/pug/455886/

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
Hahahahaha, how loving bad was the other team?

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

A TURGID FATSO posted:

Hahahahaha, how loving bad was the other team?

they weren't bad, I was just hitting a lot of my shots, one guy rage quit after I hit him from put with an AK as he was jump scouting.

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
i've been dropping frames since my most recent upgrade (part list) and i can't figure out why. seems to happen mostly in firefights, where i seem to be dropping under 144FPS, otherwise it's around ~300FPS stable. tried rolling back video drivers to the 391.x series, doing a clean reinstall of drivers, disabling adaptive power saving for my gpu, nothing. :( any ideas?

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
oh no, only 120 fps

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Photex posted:

they weren't bad, I was just hitting a lot of my shots, one guy rage quit after I hit him from put with an AK as he was jump scouting.

This is the best feeling. Blowing off someone's head mid-air as they're jump scouting. Glorious :golfclap:

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Dont forget to clean the skin goop out from your mouse buttons for optimized performance and ownage

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

fucken noobs i swear to god

#aditap

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

NTT posted:

oh no, only 120 fps

ah! good, the token "you think YOU'VE got it bad" post

i was able to easily pull a stable 300FPS with an i7-3770k and a GTX 660 so i can't think of any reasons that i should be dropping frames like i am now.

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Found you have to go alone

online friend posted:

i've been dropping frames since my most recent upgrade (part list) and i can't figure out why. seems to happen mostly in firefights, where i seem to be dropping under 144FPS, otherwise it's around ~300FPS stable. tried rolling back video drivers to the 391.x series, doing a clean reinstall of drivers, disabling adaptive power saving for my gpu, nothing. :( any ideas?

Sounds dumb but try rolling back to an earlier driver version, maybe a month or two before the current one.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

FWIW I hopped into DM earlier and there were a lot of people complaining about having FPS drops lately. Might be something wrong with the game itself.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

what is your temps looking like? if something is running hot it could be throttling.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

online friend posted:

i was able to easily pull a stable 300FPS with an i7-3770k and a GTX 660 so i can't think of any reasons that i should be dropping frames like i am now.

I would guess 80% chance it's still a driver thing and you just need to roll back further, as that kind of thing has happened to me. On the other hand, 120 fps is fine you big baby.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

online friend posted:

I would guess 80% chance it's still a driver thing and you just need to roll back further like Daeno said, as that kind of thing has happened to me. On the other hand, 120 fps is fine you big baby.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
actually playing csgo below 150 fps is god awful

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

exethan posted:

I've only ever played with between 80-100. :(

surc
Aug 17, 2004

exethan posted:

is this really a thing, I play between 120-130 most of the time and consider it a step up from living in the past at 90-100.

e: maybe I should turn down some of my pretty settings :(

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

Fun Shoe

surc posted:

I would guess 80% chance it's still a driver thing and you just need to roll back further, as that kind of thing has happened to me. On the other hand, 120 fps is fine you big baby.

120FPS on a 144Hz monitor is not fine, actually

you need >=144FPS to get the full advantage of a 144Hz monitor, and i usually cap my FPS as high as i can stably achieve so that if i do get FPS drops, it hopefully won't dip under my refresh rate

historically a safe cap for me has been (refresh rate * 2) + 1

RISCy Business fucked around with this message at 06:17 on May 3, 2016

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

*plays quake live with a steady 125 burning into the corner of my monitor*

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

I need more milliseconds

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

Macnult posted:

Might be something wrong with the game itself.

Most people would argue that there are many of things wrong with the game itself.

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

i hate noobs

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

Helped cause a triple rage quit yesterday with my friend and a goodvibes pubbie, it was funny as poo poo. I think I'm on track to rank up to Silver 3 soon and I'm weirdly a lot prouder of that than I am of placing GN4 prepatch.

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

i'm going on VACation to KQLYfornia

(new vac wave in progress)

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Smithereens posted:

i'm going on VACation to KQLYfornia

(new vac wave in progress)

Nice. Anyone know if this is csgo?

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

well that didn't take long

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Fateo McMurray posted:

well that didn't take long

Lmao. Also some blatant hackers on my list who have been UD for over six months are now banned so I think this is CSGO.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

symbolic posted:

I've only ever played with between 80-100. :(

surc posted:

is this really a thing, I play between 120-130 most of the time and consider it a step up from living in the past at 90-100.

e: maybe I should turn down some of my pretty settings :(

I SHOULD have qualified my statement a little more, it's awful to play at less than half the fps you normally get. before i had a good computer i didn't have any trouble with low performance as long as i didn't have silly drops all the time

stump collector fucked around with this message at 13:50 on May 3, 2016

aksuur
Nov 9, 2003
I play with all quality settings low as possible except for resolution (1440x900) and shadows (high). Usually gets me in the high 100s or low 200s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
had that game where i landed the awp shots and had my gamesense sharp as i caught flankers. Feels good, but I deranked back to LE on my main X_X NVM :getin:

ArfJason fucked around with this message at 16:04 on May 3, 2016