Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Esteban Gutierrez is bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

El Hefe posted:

Nah at least those cars had a 50/50 chance of randomly exploding for every 100km they ran

Mercedes and Ferrari are busy working to bring back that excitement.

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
If my numbers are right Im pretty sure Russia was 1-2 finish number 25 for Hamilton and Rosberg - they now have the all time record by passing Schumacher and Barrichello. Most likely will have atleast 30 by the time the season is over !

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
Only losers watch losers.

MAGA

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

McLaren have three drivers in the points after four races. Glorious return to form.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Hahaha, this loving picture

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-m...r&dlvrit=255506

quote:

Mercedes surprised by Ferrari's lack of pace

Winner: Holy poo poo we had no idea all you other guys sucked so much after 3 years! That's amazing!

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
https://twitter.com/RenaultSportF1/status/725917513180016640
https://twitter.com/KevinMagnussen/status/725941812519542784

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

lol

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

boullier said mclaren could've matched pace with williams if they didn't have to save fuel. an amusing suggestion considering every team has to save fuel and would be considerably faster if they did not.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Hurray for higher fuel limits 2017

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Ugh double post

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

be nice wicka posted:

boullier said mclaren could've matched pace with williams if they didn't have to save fuel. an amusing suggestion considering every team has to save fuel and would be considerably faster if they did not.

mclaren is saving extra fuel because they cant afford to fill the tank because they have no title sponsor

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

To be fair the only visible sponsor they have is a fuel company.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
McLaren almost as good as Williams, what a great achievement, proud of the boys.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

Dubs posted:

mclaren is saving extra fuel because they cant afford to fill the tank because they have no title sponsor

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Norns posted:

Hurray for higher fuel limits 2017

F1 could be made so much better with a higher fuel flow rate, not only amount and with removing the complex wings and replacing that downforce with ground effects.

Boom, you've got nose to tail racing and noisy, sputtery rich forced induction action all at once.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I suppose running a corpse around in an F1 car would cause some weight issues and require a reduction in fuel loads.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

MattD1zzl3 posted:

F1 could be made so much better with a higher fuel flow rate, not only amount and with removing the complex wings and replacing that downforce with ground effects.

Boom, you've got nose to tail racing and noisy, sputtery rich forced induction action all at once.

teams don't get anywhere near the fuel flow rate limit. it's 100kg/hr and they are limited to 100kg for the entire race, increasing to 105kg next season. increasing the rate limit is pointless unless you increase fuel capacity to like 200kg or reintroduce refueling.

also i think the FIA doesn't want to re-introduce ground effects because they know they are not capable of regulating it in any meaningful way

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I'd rather see ground effect reintroduced over all those loving appendages we had in the mid to late 2000's. God those cars were ugly.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Diet Crack posted:

I'd rather see ground effect reintroduced over all those loving appendages we had in the mid to late 2000's. God those cars were ugly.

They were good.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Aero is fine but just as you can't develop an 8 liter 48 cylinder engine you shouldn't be able to throw a ton of aero at the cars, and the FIA's current method of waiting until someone comes up with something too good to ban it isn't working.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Norns posted:

Man that first lap sure was something.

Enjoyed the race.

Norns posted:

4 races in season is still good.

The gently caress is happening?

Even the off track antics are great with bernie in full troll mode.

World class trolling itt

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

As long as Blessedberg keeps winning this season is good imho.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008

be nice wicka posted:

also i think the FIA doesn't want to re-introduce ground effects because they know they are not capable of regulating it in any meaningful way

Outside of fan cars and double chassis, aren't ground effects pretty straightforward?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

poty posted:

World class trolling itt

I have no idea how this is trolling. Real talk

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

George Zimmer posted:

Outside of fan cars and double chassis, aren't ground effects pretty straightforward?

yeah, and that's kind of the problem. cars with ground effects were producing G forces that were simply not safe. i don't think the FIA is capable of regulating that. with winglets they just draw a box and say "you can't put anything outside of this box."

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I like the 2016 where none of the drivers can start a race cleanly

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

DOOP posted:

I like the 2016 where none of the drivers can start a race cleanly

We've replaced professional race car drivers with a bunch of sim racers. Let's see if anyone can tell the difference.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Rob Smedley has been able to beat Valteri Bottas numerous times and even though they've had a few mishaps McLaren's Alonso AI is also quite capable.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
K-Mag's answer is the correct one as far as I know. What did Renault mean by this?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

K-Mag's answer is the correct one as far as I know. What did Renault mean by this?

ocon, I think

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
It means KMAG loses another friday practice to a rookie.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

1500quidporsche posted:

That was the first Mercedes-Reich. The second was Mclaren-Mercedes in the 90s. This is the third Reich.

It's very easy to over remember that success.

3 drivers titles, 1 constructors in nearly 2 decades. Not exactly domination for the ages.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

gret posted:

We've replaced professional race car drivers with a bunch of sim racers. Let's see if anyone can tell the difference.

Funny you say this, because a lot about F1-2016 reminds me of those arcade racers where you can't spin the car.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Dudley posted:

It's very easy to over remember that success.

3 drivers titles, 1 constructors in nearly 2 decades. Not exactly domination for the ages.

it's easy to fail to realize that mclaren have been on the decline for like 25 years

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Khablam posted:

Funny you say this, because a lot about F1-2016 reminds me of those arcade racers where you can't spin the car.

You were not watching free practice then? It was like dancing on ice. Boring mcDull counted 48 spins or offs.

Also Seb, Hulkenberg and Haryanto managed some lovely 360s during the race.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

There has been a lot of Kvyat in racing sims on social media recently. Story checks out.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Diet Crack posted:

There has been a lot of Kvyat in racing sims on social media recently. Story checks out.

Plucky teen max verstappen was all over iracing last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Max is on the same sim racing a team as Huttu still I think.

• Locked thread