Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Xolve posted:

So according to the sovmap you've made little to no progress and had little success holding systems- except for a handful of systems in Fade and dumpster space in Pure Blind.

Okay. Thanks for the update!

"the sov you're taking back in droves every single day isn't high enough quality, this means you're losing"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I ate poo poo in a Prorator yesterday because I forgot delayed dictor bubbles cancel warp, and have for 9 years.

man did I feel dumb.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Glory of Arioch posted:

"the sov you're taking back in droves every single day isn't high enough quality, this means you're losing"

:ironicat:

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

CainFortea posted:

It is far easier to Jack stuff with lower ADMs. Grid holding has very little to do with it. Pitched battles rarely happen, as usually when MBC defends it's with overwhelming numbers.

Also with lower ADMs, the more likely you can ninja a system.

But please, go on about how ADMs have no impact on sov. :allears:

An impressive ability to miss the point, but I'm struggling to state it in simpler terms: the imperium won't recover its sov when it gets ADMs low enough that it can sneakily set a few timers. It'll retake its sov - assuming that happens, which I do - when the balance of forces is sufficient that it doesn't matter if there are a few more minutes to hang around on grid, because they'll kill whatever comes along to try and disrupt enotosing. At that point, as happened in the first part of the war in the other direction, they'll contest a couple of timers then the opposition will gently caress off and the rest will be a dawdle.

Edit: as deadtear said, what I was saying about swordfleets is that they're about keeping people logging in. Not logging in is habit forming.

Endie fucked around with this message at 20:08 on May 2, 2016

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Endie posted:

An impressive ability to miss the point, but I'm struggling to state it in simpler terms: the imperium won't recover its sov when it gets ADMs low enough that it can sneakily set a few timers. It'll retake its sov - assuming that happens, which I do - when the balance of forces is sufficient that it doesn't matter if there are a few more minutes to hang around on grid, because they'll kill whatever comes along to try and disrupt enotosing. At that point, as happened in the first part of the war in the other direction, they'll contest a couple of timers then the opposition will gently caress off and the rest will be a dawdle.

Edit: as deadtear said, what I was saying about swordfleets is that they're about keeping people logging in. Not logging in is habit forming.

or it'll do it right now, literally as i am typing this

thanks donny

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Orange Red Bull posted:

What Endie and Globby and all the D names + Ordo Garr here are saying is they would like you to form up 500 or 1,000 dudes and present yourselves to be mowed down by 3,000 nerds so they dont have to fruitlessly watch IRC for something to do

What Dan Brown level of reading-between-the-lines conspiracy theorising do you have to employ to get "inty fleets are about keeping people active until the opposition tide recedes and boat will very possibly save you again by doing so" to mean "please fight pitched battles"?

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Glory of Arioch posted:

or it'll do it right now, literally as i am typing this

thanks donny

You're allowing the stress of recent weeks to interfere with the chillness of your posting and that is the one true sin in eve warfare.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Endie posted:

You're allowing the stress of recent weeks to interfere with the chillness of your posting and that is the one true sin in eve warfare.

you're out of your element donny

at no point has my posting ever been chill

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

but please continue to tell me things about myself, person i never once spoke to while we were both part of the same alliance

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

like do you even know what my in-game name is

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Glory of Arioch posted:

when i phone post querns is autocorrect to queer, makes you think

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

that's a lie, phones autocorrect it to queens

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Glory of Arioch posted:

that's a lie, phones autocorrect it to queens

please continue to tell me things about my phone, person i never once spoke to while we were both part of the same alliance

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

please continue to tell me things about my phone, person i never once spoke to while we were both part of the same alliance

sure

phone autocorrect will generally value words that are the same length as the word you printed and whose letter substitutions are adjacent to one another, like "e" and "r"

furthermore,

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Glory of Arioch posted:

You can't fool me Prencleeve.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

vyst posted:

You can't fool me Prencleeve.

gently caress

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings
OK I wholly accept that you're not chill. Well defended against that charge.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Endie posted:

OK I wholly accept that you're not chill. Well defended against that charge.

ty

"chill" is wet, unfunny stoner culture garbage in the smelliest dumpster

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

mlyp

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
I hate it when Mommy and Daddy fights.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

a shameful edit

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ullerrm posted:

I missed those (I was taking an eve break at the time). I really like that idea in the abstract; I'd go nuts trying to practice with it. Especially given how bad PL is at fitting ships ;)

Season 2 is getting announced soon, so if you can find 4 more people go hog wild. I really like the Fight Club format on paper, and seeing it in play worked out.

I'm working on the re-uploads since EVE_NT moved all their stuff to a new channel on both Twitch and YouTube. :negative:

This is the playlist for Fight Club Season 1 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXobZH4KI6A The first two weeks are being re-uploaded at the moment.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

what are you browsing on your phone that queer is even in its language model

makes you think

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Zephyrine posted:

I hate it when Mommy and Daddy fights.

i cherish the few memories i have of my parents :smith:

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Orange Red Bull posted:

what are you browsing on your phone that queer is even in its language model

makes you think

i think it's "queers" but yeah, i thought it was weird when I saw it

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

i cherish the few memories i have of my parents :smith:

What if Endie gets me in the divorce?

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Glory of Arioch posted:

a shameful edit

On reflection I didn't want your post polluting mine so I removed the quote. The content still stands.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Zephyrine posted:

What if Endie gets me in the divorce?

then you wouldn't need to be scared of my gank fleets anymore.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

then you wouldn't need to be scared of my gank fleets anymore.

No I'd be trading threats from gank-kitten Globby for no-sleep cyborg gank-sabre-toothed-tiger Boney.

Edit: who also held all my APIs for two years.

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 20:35 on May 2, 2016

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
That's a good looking pizza

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

pop pop

watchin sov stuff drop

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Endie posted:

Hey, I copped to misreading your post.

But as querns said, we are taking it back. Just not in large swaths.

Also my phone corrects to querns because I added it to my dictionary.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

CainFortea posted:

this is probably the most surreal (only) compliment anyone has ever paid me

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

CainFortea posted:

Hey, I copped to misreading your post.

But as querns said, we are taking it back. Just not in large swaths.

Sorry yeah I responded in a fury of typing *then* read the rest of the thread.

As is so often the case: post in haste, repent at leisure.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:
fozziesov is aids and dumb like a d name's posting

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

nessin posted:

I thought the 3 min timer was already in. Did that not make it with the Citadel patch? Or are you referring to even more changes?

No, it was quoted as 'late summer'. The change wont kill ganking, but will turn it into something vastly unfun for both the gank fleet and the bumper. And I, for one, cannot wait for the cries of the pubbie masses that say there's no counter to 30 something bombers landing on gate right as you decloak. I don't know if I'll be there for it, but I'll wake up one night with a smug sense of self satisfaction knowing that Fozzie was wrong and that the original was much preferred to the alternative.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Endie posted:

On reflection I didn't want your post polluting mine so I removed the quote. The content still stands.

Edie this behavior is beneath you.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Rhymenoserous posted:

Edie this behavior is beneath you.

I am an embittered man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Endie posted:

I am an embittered man.

You can always sit on the edge of the recruitment forum with your BB gun and shoot fair-weather-friend-rats as they flee the perceived sinking ships.

• Locked thread