Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Negligent posted:

goddamn that is a terrible beard

If elected ALP budget will included a 100% in Bowens beard.

Election winning cut!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snod.
Oct 3, 2014

$200 a fortnight is like an extra two packs of smokes, really that's a bargin.

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Its just lovely here this time of year.
its not even the right colour. it looks like he was eating poo poo and forgot to wipe it off his face

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Bowen: 'Spending should not be higher or lower then it needs to be.'

Impressive bit of woffle right there.

Ian Winthorpe III
Dec 5, 2013

gays, fatties and women are the main funny things in life. Fuck those lefty tumblrfuck fags, I'll laugh at poofs and abbos if I want to
Bored by Australian politics? Than why not check out the Conez And Doh show, the podcast that gets behind the lizard people behind the news: in the latest episode we discuss:

- Bam Margera's spritual crisis
- Celebrity meat
- Monotheism vs universal consciousness
-Are muslims similar to bacteria?
- Piracy on port jackson
- The new Double Dragon movie

https://soundcloud.com/user-456894491/190416-ockaslangdepressionspiritualitymusicmoviescelebritymeat-snakeeyez-australiansweet16

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009

Negligent posted:

first question from leigh and chris is already saying we support the business tax cut

second question we will support lifting the income tax threshold

yep perfect small target budget

Yeah, take all the ALP policy so they can't attack you.

Even though they attacked the ALP whenever they mentioned said policy.

This of course will be ignored by the press pack because, "We need Turnbull. He's so smart and charming. It's this Liberal party that's stopping him. He will change when he gets re-elected. He told me."

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Oh yay someone turned off the burglar alarm and kicked out the homeless people on the ABC set.

LibertyCat
Mar 5, 2016

by WE B Bourgeois

Negligent posted:

i get a tax cut

dole bludgers have to go do work

what a great night

gently caress them so hard for setting the GST-free threshold to 0 though. Way to add a ton of PITA processing fees just to protect local rip-off merchants.

Snod.
Oct 3, 2014

LibertyCat posted:

gently caress them so hard for setting the GST-free threshold to 0 though. Way to add a ton of PITA processing fees just to protect local rip-off merchants.

Yeah gently caress them for just that and only that

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Whenever I see Peter Dutton this runs through my head

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcSlcNfThUA

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Jumpingmanjim posted:

Oh yay someone turned off the burglar alarm and kicked out the homeless people on the ABC set.

But with all the ABC crew gone who's going to be operating the camera and sound?

Also Greens leader mentions renewable energies before anything else. Stop being such a cliched Di Natale!!

Edit: Now he's saying we can defend our country with tress and hugs. drat hippy!!!

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Bill Shorten is going to knock it out of the park tomorrow night with his trademark zingers.

LibertyCat
Mar 5, 2016

by WE B Bourgeois
This budget has me seriously considering voting ALP

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Negligent is going to be crying into his Cocoa pops.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
ABC has NO MENTION OF SLAVE LABOUR

LEIGH
YOU WERE MEANT TO FIGHT FOR THE PROLETARIAT :ussr:

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

WHat's with all the dams

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

my stepdads beer posted:

WHat's with all the dams

They're the roads of the water.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

LibertyCat posted:

This budget has me seriously considering voting ALP

Bill Shorten hasn't even delivered his speech yet and this feckless Libertarian youth has already switched his vote.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Negligent posted:

Caaaaaaaarrrp

I consulted youtube for the relevant footage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOvzAv1QTmU

I'm sorry, but I had to laugh. Barnaby is being horrendously juvenile, yes, but I still had to laugh.

:toxx: If Barnaby shows up to spruik the Nats at Tamworth High School again*, I'm going to yell "CAAAAAAAAAAARP" at him and get it on video for your enjoyment. In HD**.

*Assumes actual presence of named individual which may not actually occur. Poster does not accept liability for lack of individual's presence or other adverse events such as event cancellation, fires, floods, strikes, Acts of God, Acts of Goons or Acts of Parliament which may disenfranchise the poster for any reason. Lack of attendance of named individual at the named event venue shall thereby render the Toxx null and void and all agreements and stipulations maintained thereunder shall not be enforced.
**May not be available due to technical limitations. Poster makes no guarantees concerning video length, sound quality, picture quality or audiovisual compression algorithms.

This is your fault you know, thinking it's OK to cheat on welfare and poo poo

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Anidav posted:

ABC has NO MENTION OF SLAVE LABOUR

LEIGH
YOU WERE MEANT TO FIGHT FOR THE PROLETARIAT :ussr:

She had two leaders of our corrupt government system right infrount of her and yet she put neither against the wall.

YOU HAVE NOT BEEN READING YOUR ABC SUPPLIED LITTLE RED BOOK CLOSELY ENOUGH LEIGH!

EDIT: And now that I think about it not once did she call upon the working class to rise up and over through the shackles of the captlist system. Leigh Sales is a terrible revolutionary. :(

dr_rat fucked around with this message at 11:54 on May 3, 2016

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Why did barnaby joyse do that he sounded like a donkey giving birth

Snod.
Oct 3, 2014

katlington posted:

Why did barnaby joyse do that he sounded like a donkey giving birth

Because he is

LibertyCat
Mar 5, 2016

by WE B Bourgeois

Jumpingmanjim posted:

Bill Shorten hasn't even delivered his speech yet and this feckless Libertarian youth has already switched his vote.

"considering".

The GST thing really, really annoys me. Setting it to zero means they're going to make it a complete PITA to buy stuff and the processing could cost much more than the price of the item. It will probably cost me more than I'd save in tax cuts.

I also think Negative Gearing is terrible even though I am likely to personally benefit from it if Turnbull wins.

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

guys just watch this on loop

https://vine.co/v/ixmhxDruUzZ

remember: this man has been prime minister and bill shorten never will be

Snod.
Oct 3, 2014

If you had to choose between Bill and Barnaby when would you buy your ticket to Columbia?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
ABC: lets see what the general populous who aren't following this budget that carefully thinking about it, by asking two politicians!

Talking to marginal seat holding MP's isn't necessarily a bad idea, but that was a really stupid way of seguing to it.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Snod. posted:

http://budget.gov.au/2016-17/content/glossies/jobs-growth/html/jobs-growth-07.htm

"...internship placement of 4 to 12 weeks duration, during which the job seeker will work 15 to 25 hours per week"
"... job seekers will receive $200 per fortnight on top of their regular income support payment while participating in the internship."
"Businesses that take on interns will receive an upfront payment of $1,000..."

Could they just mail me some cyanide instead?

Snod.
Oct 3, 2014

kirbysuperstar posted:

Could they just mail me some cyanide instead?

For free? You wish

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Australian Council of Social Services chief executive, Cassandra Goldie welcomed recognition that “Work for the Dole was a failed program that didn’t achieve anything anyone could celebrate” in favour of funding for “real work experience programs for young people”.

see even lefties think its a good budget

Snod.
Oct 3, 2014

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Negligent posted:

Australian Council of Social Services chief executive, Cassandra Goldie welcomed recognition that “Work for the Dole was a failed program that didn’t achieve anything anyone could celebrate” in favour of funding for “real work experience programs for young people”.

How is that an endorsement of a budget, and not a sledging of an existing program

Also, what sort of proof are you going to offer that you'll move to indonesia if labour wins

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Negligent posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BhMN7rTLqg

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Apparently there's another 1.9 Billion in cuts and around another 1.5 billion in spending that they're going to announce at a later date during the election.

So probably some sort of sweetener you would imagine if they're waiting till then.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Bill Shorten has so much ammo.

BUT HE MUST OPPOSE YOUTH DEATH CAMPS

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

getting paid 14.54 an hour and potentially getting a job at the end is not slave labor

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

it could actually be as much as 24.23 an hour

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Death is Shorten.

Negligent posted:

getting paid 14.54 an hour and potentially getting a job at the end is not slave labor

:lol: at the idea of getting a job out of an apprenticeship

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

lol they wont get a job at the end, it's a carrot and stick scheme that just ends up giving the business a fuckload of grants and subsidies while the dole-worker has no protection or rights and will probably be fired at the end of the probationary period with no punishment for the business. Make no mistake, this is just a money for our business mates scheme in disguise and the end result will literally be recycling unemployed hordes for government handouts.

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

kirbysuperstar posted:

:lol: at the idea of getting a job out of an apprenticeship

if a business gets paid $1,000 to hire you, you'd have to be a complete fuckup to not get the job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Hey so if you have a business that has roles that require minimal training, is there any reason revealed so far as to why you wouldn't just cycle through WFTD folks as you can both get a once off government bonus and presumably pay them less than employing a personal normally?

• Locked thread