Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Never enter a room with a cling film lining #life #or #death #hacks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Dryer sheets makes typing more comfortable. To make them stay on, weigh them down with Altoid tins.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Woah anakata really got himself a hefty raise in creature comforts lately. I wonder what prompted that.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

That's Ulillillia, not anakata.

Life Hack : be aware of fringe internet people to avoid spending valuable money on things in the outside world.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Lamprey Cannon posted:

Wait a goddamn second. What the hell is 'emergency packaging'? In what situation do you have enough time to make popcorn, but not have enough time to go out and buy some packing peanuts? Are refugees making popcorn to transport their valuables out of warzones?

Eh. My parents uses to do this when I was in college. Even after factoring in the energy costs of popping enough popcorn, it's waay cheaper than the equivalent volume of packing peanuts, especially those bio-degradable ones. Apparently my dad felt his time was worthless when he thought he was saving a few bucks.

But they'd put a bunch in small trash bags, because they're not sociopaths who enjoy the idea of that poo poo getting everywhere when you open a box. I did the same with actual packing peanuts before I started re-using those little air pillows Amazon uses.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
This entire show was pretty lifehacky:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1Kqpc0xxHk

drat your tricks, Moriarty!

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

axolotl farmer posted:

Dryer sheets makes typing more comfortable. To make them stay on, weigh them down with Altoid tins.

Degrease pizza. For some reason. #ulihacks

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can he not afford a desk and a chair?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

cash crab posted:

Says a lot that you'd have popcorn but not newspaper.

Says a lot that you think that not having a newspaper around is weird.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I am the unwilling owner of several cubic meters of "free" newspaper paper quality "magazines" and "offers" that have been purposely crammed into my mailbox contrary to explicit written instruction thereupon by likewise unwilling underpaid youths whose admirable sense of commitment towards an uncaring corporate employer does not allow them to deposit their heavy stack of poo poo that noone wants to read into the closest trash can, but instead compels them to perpetrate wanton dyslexia in order take a load off their shoulders and transfer it to mine, so gently caress you and your paperless home environment, basement dweller.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Karate Bastard posted:

I am the unwilling owner of several cubic meters of "free" newspaper paper quality "magazines" and "offers" that have been purposely crammed into my mailbox contrary to explicit written instruction thereupon by likewise unwilling underpaid youths whose admirable sense of commitment towards an uncaring corporate employer does not allow them to deposit their heavy stack of poo poo that noone wants to read into the closest trash can, but instead compels them to perpetrate wanton dyslexia in order take a load off their shoulders and transfer it to mine, so gently caress you and your paperless home environment, basement dweller.

Lifehack: Buy a trash can.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I have one. They ignore it. Woe is me.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Karate Bastard posted:

I have one. They ignore it. Woe is me.

Lifehack: Throw unwanted things (like free" newspaper paper quality "magazines") in the trash yourself so that you don't accidentally die.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Ein cooler Typ posted:

does anyone know any other lifehacks for cleaning keyboard goop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPCDoANDkl4

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Alhazred posted:

Lifehack: Throw unwanted things (like free" newspaper paper quality "magazines") in the trash yourself so that you don't accidentally die.

no

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Clean out keyboard goop? I just buy a new keyboard about every two years, but then again I also just get like 20 dollar basic USB ones that are already starting to wear out by then.

Jyrraeth
Aug 1, 2008

I love this dino
SOOOO MUCH

lifehack: be terrible at life and spill beer/coffee/milk on your keyboard every two years to justify buying a new keyboard

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I have the Logitech washable keyboard which is loving great and cost me twenty dollars, hang on and I will link you the holy poo poo what happened to the price :catstare:

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Washable-Keyboard-K310-Windows/dp/B008D1JRIO

Well never mind but anyway this keyboard's great, thanks for listening.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I have the Logitech washable keyboard which is loving great and cost me twenty dollars, hang on and I will link you the holy poo poo what happened to the price :catstare:

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Washable-Keyboard-K310-Windows/dp/B008D1JRIO

Well never mind but anyway this keyboard's great, thanks for listening.

Okay, $80 is still great for a keyboard I can clean the gently caress out of after three cats sleep on it.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012
Lifehack: don't eat at your keyboards, eat off the floor like an animal you pieces of poo poo etc etc

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

a animal, you piece of poo poo.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

PYF Stupid Lifehacks: it's a animal, you piece of poo poo

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO has a new favorite as of 23:09 on May 3, 2016

les enfants Terrific!
Dec 12, 2008

flosofl posted:

Eh. My parents uses to do this when I was in college. Even after factoring in the energy costs of popping enough popcorn, it's waay cheaper than the equivalent volume of packing peanuts, especially those bio-degradable ones. Apparently my dad felt his time was worthless when he thought he was saving a few bucks.

But they'd put a bunch in small trash bags, because they're not sociopaths who enjoy the idea of that poo poo getting everywhere when you open a box. I did the same with actual packing peanuts before I started re-using those little air pillows Amazon uses.

Did you know that you can eat packing peanuts?

You can eat packing peanuts.

#lifehack

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

wipeout posted:

PYF Stupid Lifehacks: it's a animal, you piece of poo poo

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Atasnaya Vaflja posted:

#lifehack

You can also build with them!

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Atasnaya Vaflja posted:

#lifehack

Only because they switched to making them out of corn syrup and wood instead of polystyrene.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Scathach posted:

Okay, $80 is still great for a keyboard I can clean the gently caress out of after three cats sleep on it.

Don't want to scrape the ice off your windshield before you leave for work in the morning? Just splash some hot water on it instead.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

whiteyfats posted:

Can he not afford a desk and a chair?

Tired of chairs? Sit on the floor.

Tired of life? Sit on the floor so am piece of poo poo animal can eat you.

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse

Atasnaya Vaflja posted:

#lifehack

I knew kids in primary school who'd take every opportunity to eat packing peanuts. I think they were made of rice or something similar at the time. There were massive boxes of the stuff in art class and they'd eat it by the handful. They also ate UHU glue sticks, which apparently tasted of caramel.

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

Of all of them, this one just... it's just... whhhhhh...

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

A mushroom container or, as I like to call it, a loving forest.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Jerry Cotton posted:

A mushroom container or, as I like to call it, a loving forest.

I prefer the mushrooms from my regular forest. No telling what the loving-forest mushrooms are covered in.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Besesoth posted:

I prefer the mushrooms from my regular forest. No telling what the loving-forest mushrooms are covered in.

Cling film.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Kwyndig posted:

Clean out keyboard goop? I just buy a new keyboard about every two years, but then again I also just get like 20 dollar basic USB ones that are already starting to wear out by then.

Noooo as an Internet person you need to get one of those clicky '80s keyboards that are louder than a Slayer concert next to a volcanic eruption for some reason

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

tacodaemon posted:

Noooo as an Internet person you need to get one of those clicky '80s keyboards that are louder than a Slayer concert next to a volcanic eruption for some reason

There's an entire thread for fans of mechanical keyboards.

Full disclosure: I'm typing this on one of those 80s-style monsters of which you speak. :unsmigghh::hf::getin:

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
If your keyboard doesn't predate the cold war it just ain't worth using.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Tracula posted:

If your keyboard doesn't predate the cold war it just ain't worth using.

Well, mine pre-dates the current cold war at least since ot was built during the first one.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I use a typewriter and OCR software.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I just use telepathy. Much easier.