Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
I'm wondering the same thing about Nebraska. I doubled down against Trump there after the price started to fall today, since people moved the market 20 cents on nothing more than the Indiana poll, as far as I can tell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

I'm wondering the same thing about Nebraska. I doubled down against Trump there after the price started to fall today, since people moved the market 20 cents on nothing more than the Indiana poll, as far as I can tell.

Cruz is going down, man. I wouldn't bet on any future market against Trump at any price. Definitely don't bet on his winning if you feel the price is wrong, but betting against him is asking to lose at this point.

I have a max bet there against Cruz at average price .33 and I'm not selling.

Edit: I'm also not being against hillary even though I think she's overpriced in west Virginia.

EngineerSean has issued a correction as of 03:31 on May 2, 2016

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Yeah I don't know what his finances look like but if he gets wiped in Indiana I wouldn't be surprised if his campaign totally imploded. Same goes for Bernie, really. Both campaigns seem to be on thin ice and could go under any day now. Just something to factor into your calculus.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I think he'll lose Indiana, but it will be close enough that the True Believers will hang on until California. The fleeing of the non-devout is already well underway. With an hour to go, they're 14,000 calls behind the goal for the day, for example, and lots of posts about fundraising coming up short

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
If Kasich can stay in the race with his skeleton crew, I can see Cruz and Sanders doing so as well. Doesn't mean they are winning anything, but they will probably stick around.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Necc0 posted:

Yeah I don't know what his finances look like but if he gets wiped in Indiana I wouldn't be surprised if his campaign totally imploded. Same goes for Bernie, really. Both campaigns seem to be on thin ice and could go under any day now. Just something to factor into your calculus.

I don't know. Bernie has been effectively out of contention for weeks and he still managed to pick up Rhode Island. It might be the same for Cruz--I doubt he'll give up until Trump actually hits 1237.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
I'm not saying he can't still win states I'm saying these markets are also carry an implicit 'if he doesn't drop out first' in addition to if he'll win it.

Though I could see him still winning Oregon even if he suspended.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
I feel like Cruz currently has issues that bernie never had. If Trump and Hillary both died today, I know bernie would be DNOM but I do not know that Cruz would be RNOM.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
New dropout markets up and Dem brokered convention market up

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Trump.NO is suuuuper cheap in NE. If Cruz stays in that could be one to watch.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Whoa Bernie dropout is way high at .85

edit: lol NO swung from .15 to .97 in the time it took me to load the page :v:

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

Thanks for the tip by the way. That's the one cool thing with polling markets, sometimes people really overvalue the status quo.

No problem!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

More peoples' thoughts on Nebraska?

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Aliquid posted:

More peoples' thoughts on Nebraska?

This is Cruz's last night as a serious contender.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
Tyler Pedigo comes out in favor of bernie in Indiana, it was enough to get me to sell my Hillary shares at a small loss.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
Is Tyler Pedigo Kid Wonder's 52-47 Sanders prediction driving up the Indiana Dem prices?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Peachstapler posted:

Is Tyler Pedigo Kid Wonder's 52-47 Sanders prediction driving up the Indiana Dem prices?

I don't know, but 75-25 sounds about right in terms of matching the probability of an upset. The polls have been pretty close, though Clinton has a clear edge. MOV market should be fun!

Edit: Bernie No at 70c is probably a soft buy.

Edit2: Benchmark puts it at Hillary +3:
https://twitter.com/benchmarkpol/status/727307869360521216

Vox Nihili has issued a correction as of 02:51 on May 3, 2016

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I bet Pence is super happy to have hitched his wagon to Cruz right now

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
dispense of pence

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Gotta love that in the WV dem market, both "yes" and "no" for both candidates are all above 50. It's like the market has no idea who will win!

tor_blackblood
Feb 14, 2012

Where death seems to dwell...
I am so glad SA introduced me to this site. I absolutely love the relentless trolling that takes place in the polling markets.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

EngineerSean posted:

I feel like Cruz currently has issues that bernie never had. If Trump and Hillary both died today, I know bernie would be DNOM but I do not know that Cruz would be RNOM.

I don't know about that. If she died today I might give even odds that the D party would Hubert Humphrey somebody like Biden into the spot instead.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

EngineerSean posted:

Tyler Pedigo comes out in favor of bernie in Indiana, it was enough to get me to sell my Hillary shares at a small loss.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Hillary leads in new PPP poll of WV, but only among democrats. With independents, Bernie takes the lead.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

pathetic little tramp posted:

Hillary leads in new PPP poll of WV, but only among democrats. With independents, Bernie takes the lead.

The WV shift to Sanders today is absolutely insane though, I'm surprised.

Scaled poo poo back and only invested my $250 RI wins into Indiana today (Bernie YES) since I couldn't withdraw anyways. Going to bet baby-bite style until I make back my previous losses.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Clinton has a -7 net favorability among likely Democratic primary voters in West Virginia somehow, wow.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

pathetic little tramp posted:

What are the logistics of WV? I know it's "mixed", but can you switch parties same-day?

e: Nvm, looks like I's can vote in the D or R race.

Trash Trick has issued a correction as of 20:56 on May 3, 2016

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
lol WV has been quite a ride so far

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Bernie's going to win WV by being ABC

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Vox Nihili posted:

Clinton has a -7 net favorability among likely Democratic primary voters in West Virginia somehow, wow.

What was the number for Obama in 2012? Didn't he lose a significant percentage of votes to a criminal?

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy
I'm playing the long game, but I bought some shares a little too early

tsa
Feb 3, 2014
Wow, the last time trump looked like this in the markets was like in late February. Cruz has just completely collapsed in Indiana the last couple days according to not only polling but observers on the ground, from what I'm hearing.

Cruz dropout by may is super tempting right now,I could easily see him gone by the end of the week if tonight is bad enough. How's his cash doing, anyway?

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

pedigowned

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Indiana exits look shockingly good for Bernie so far.

huge pile of hamburger
Nov 4, 2009
Glad I bought some 20c Bernie lotto tickets. Should be a fun market.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
Gonna be a swingy market for sure.

Corrupt Politician
Aug 8, 2007
My 76c Bernie.IN.NO shares are not looking good. Any sense of whether the early reporting will come from Bernie or Hillary-friendly areas? Also, when will early voting numbers be reported?

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Stinky_Pete posted:

I'm playing the long game, but I bought some shares a little too early

Please Don't Troll

tsa posted:

Wow, the last time trump looked like this in the markets was like in late February. Cruz has just completely collapsed in Indiana the last couple days according to not only polling but observers on the ground, from what I'm hearing.

Cruz dropout by may is super tempting right now,I could easily see him gone by the end of the week if tonight is bad enough. How's his cash doing, anyway?

I'm not sure if he even peaked this high last time tbh

huge pile of hamburger
Nov 4, 2009
Most polls are now closed in indiana. There's some in the western part of the state are still open since they are in the central (?) time zone.

edit: oh no Bernie

huge pile of hamburger has issued a correction as of 23:10 on May 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
https://twitter.com/benchmarkpol/status/727616729854136320

• Locked thread