Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Hey, heads up. I'm about to unleash my rage.

Roro posted:

I genuinely like Lysandre because there's a scene where he starts crying about Pokemon and I feel like that encapsulates my childhood very well.

One thing I hate is there is absolutely NO Mystery to who the gently caress the leader of team flare is.
You see a guy with bright orange hair, you automatically get it.
That, and the fact that MALVA one of the Elite Four was part on Team Flare is never touched upon except for the Looker Sidequest!
X/Y is supposed to be like Red/Blue in that it's supposed to draw in new players, but it's so FORGETTABLE that it doesn't matter!
Giovanni being a Gym Leader and the leader of the Pokemafia was amazing.
Not a single person in X bar the Champion and your rival had more than 4 pokemon.
I can hardly remember any Gym Leaders bar Clemont, and that's because of the anime.
Diantha does not have nearly the same presence as Blue as the Champion.
Your "Rivals" in this game are one note characters, that never develop PAST these one notes.
Hell, everytime you meet up with them, you beat them. Tierno you fight all of twice, Trevor, uh maybe once, Shauna, never past the Tutorial Battle.
I mean really.
What were they THINKING with X/Y?
Gen 1-5 were great. Then the beginning of Gen 6 had a mediocre start.
Gen 2 is my favorite of the Gens because of HOW MUCH there is to do.

Silegna fucked around with this message at 15:03 on May 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Careful there, you're living up to your avatar :v:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Silegna posted:

Not a single person in X bar the Champion and your rival had more than 4 pokemon.

That's a lie, and I know cause I've been playing through X recently.
There's the obligatory 6 Magikarp fisherman on the northern coast :colbert:

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Kikas posted:

That's a lie, and I know cause I've been playing through X recently.
There's the obligatory 6 Magikarp fisherman on the northern coast :colbert:

That's true. But Magikarp are hardly a challenge. Hell, X/Y is hardly a challenge.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Silegna posted:

That's true. But Magikarp are hardly a challenge. Hell, X/Y is hardly a challenge.

That's cause you use the Exp. Share. Also navigating the fairy dollhouse-like Gym is a challenge.

Hell I like Luminose as a location a lot and I wouldn't call it unmemorable, the Psychic Gym blew my loving mind the first time I entered it, the powerplant and the area around it with the wind is pretty neat, same for the spooky forest, and the online capabilities they added with X/Y are amazingly good. If I have a complaint about it is that there is a lot of stuff but it's not really expanded upon, like the places you can take pictures of yourself, the Battle Maison is pretty "meh", the trains going nowhere and the scooby doo gang of friends that follow you. Good ideas, lackluster execution but it all still adds to make a really solid, complete game that plays well.

I mean you can harp on about how Gen IV is best and all but loving hell the core gameplay of D/P is SO loving SLOW it has nothing on the framerate chug that occasionally happens in X/Y.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
D/P are nigh unplayably bad. I never played Platinum so maybe that fixed a few things but I never had as little fun playing Pokemon as in Diamond, everything is just so tedious and irritating there. It turned me off Pokemon for a while and I'm so glad I picked up White later on a whim because Gen V is so loving good it's not even funny.

I have no real opinion on X/Y. My X playthrough was firmly okay. I think the game is fine and a good addition to the Pokemon series, but it's not exactly for me.

Gen 2, however, oh boy, I didn't think anything can top my experiences playing Gold for the first time. What improvements! Though honestly, White came pretty drat close with all the "ah drat why haven't they done this years ago!" moments.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Platinum is actually fun, although after D/P I can't blame anyone for not wanting to play it. D/P nearly made me leave the franchise, and the same happened to a few of my friends. What terrible games.

It's a great thing they were followed by B/W, by far the best Pokemon has ever been, because man, that was awful.

X/Y are okay. They have their flaws, but even gens are as a rule flawed as hell. At least X/Y are fun, unlike G/S/C's complete lack of level curve or D/P's being terrible in nearly every way.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Blaze Dragon posted:

Platinum is actually fun, although after D/P I can't blame anyone for not wanting to play it. D/P nearly made me leave the franchise, and the same happened to a few of my friends. What terrible games.

It's a great thing they were followed by B/W, by far the best Pokemon has ever been, because man, that was awful.

X/Y are okay. They have their flaws, but even gens are as a rule flawed as hell. At least X/Y are fun, unlike G/S/C's complete lack of level curve or D/P's being terrible in nearly every way.

Gen II's level curve is poo poo, but it's still better in every way than Gen 1. So I wouldn't say all the even Generations are bad. Or rather less good; I don't think there's been a truly "bad" main series Pokemon game yet (in the since that it's a bad game period ), even though I dislike Gen IV too.

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.

hopeandjoy posted:

Gen II's level curve is poo poo, but it's still better in every way than Gen 1. So I wouldn't say all the even Generations are bad. Or rather less good; I don't think there's been a truly "bad" main series Pokemon game yet (in the since that it's a bad game period ), even though I dislike Gen IV too.

It seems kinda weird to tie quality to whether the gen number is even or odd. I'd say it's more likely the first gen on any given platform would be unpolished, because, well, the effort goes to making it work on a new platform. Ruby and Sapphire are good, though, and I liked X/Y more than OR/AS, so I don't know.

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?
Of all the things to complain about in X/Y, no one having six dudes is a weird one since no one has ever had six dudes in the entire series unless they did in B2W2

And X/Y is genuinely the hardest game in the series if you don't use the XP share.

Also Giovanni being gym leader and mafia boss wasn't that great a twist. It was for a child but the reason you're not as enthralled with the more recent games is because the world is a very different place as a child.

Galick fucked around with this message at 18:42 on May 3, 2016

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
A lot of the merchandise spoiled Giovanni as Gym Leader, too.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

It's a shame D/P are so god drat slow. The Physical/Special split was the best thing about 4th gen and helped a lot of gimmicked pokemon with weird stats work

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

It's a shame D/P are so god drat slow. The Physical/Special split was the best thing about 4th gen and helped a lot of gimmicked pokemon with weird stats work

yeah, that was a critical change, but although Platinum is often difficult and aggravating, I kinda consider it one of the best games in the series, and certainly the best "revision", as good as Yellow, Crystal, and Emerald are. It makes necessary improvements, including allowing you to capture the base forms of the new evolutions rather than having most of them post-e4 (still a baffling decision that really dragged down Diamond/Pearl and diminished all of those Pokemon).

I really, really loved the physical/special split, to the point that when I play the old games I usually forget until I'm forcibly reminded by a Pokemon being crap at something I expected them to crush at, and then I'm like OH THIS BULLSHIT. One problem with the split is that some types just haven't got the special or physical moves they need. There's, what, 3 special Rock moves? If you want a physical Psychic move you're limited to Zen Headbutt. and don't get me started on how they introduced a whole new type and gave it precisely one useful physical move, and proceeded to not distribute it well (shoulda been a TM).

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
One of the best Platinum changes is apparent in when you browse Gen 4 movesets of the mons you used in Diamond and realize that yes, they are really loving dire, until you see that Platinum gave EVERYTHING Bug Bite. What do I mean with that? Well, I trained a Skorupi and it was abysmal because it learns its first not Pin Missile STAB at 39. You catch it at 21. I had to give it Bite via Heart Scale to not be utterly worthless!

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Spatula City posted:

yeah, that was a critical change, but although Platinum is often difficult and aggravating, I kinda consider it one of the best games in the series, and certainly the best "revision", as good as Yellow, Crystal, and Emerald are. It makes necessary improvements, including allowing you to capture the base forms of the new evolutions rather than having most of them post-e4 (still a baffling decision that really dragged down Diamond/Pearl and diminished all of those Pokemon).

I really, really loved the physical/special split, to the point that when I play the old games I usually forget until I'm forcibly reminded by a Pokemon being crap at something I expected them to crush at, and then I'm like OH THIS BULLSHIT. One problem with the split is that some types just haven't got the special or physical moves they need. There's, what, 3 special Rock moves? If you want a physical Psychic move you're limited to Zen Headbutt. and don't get me started on how they introduced a whole new type and gave it precisely one useful physical move, and proceeded to not distribute it well (shoulda been a TM).

Well look who forgot about Psycho Cutter.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Dabir posted:

Well look who forgot about Psycho Cutter.

And Heart Stamp! :eng101:
...not that any of the 4 pokemon who learn it by level up can make great use of it, of course. For gently caress's sake, Game Freak, is it so hard to make a Pokemon's moveset align with their stats?!

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Update 15: A Buggy Contest

: The rules are simple. Using one of your POKéMON, catch a bug POKéMON to be judged.

What better way to start off an update than a tutorial. Let's do this.

: You have more than one POKéMON. You'll have to use POLIWAG, the first POKéMON in your party.

Wouldn't have anyone else up front.

"while you compete."

: Here are the PARK BALLS for the Contest.

Bug Catching Rules

: The person with the strongest bug POKéMON is the winner. You have 20 minutes. If you run out of PARK BALLS, you're done. You can keep the last POKéMON you catch as your own. Go out and catch the strongest bug POKéMON you can find!

Bug Catching Contest

Alright, let's go and find some bugs!

In similar vein to the Safari Zone, you find a Pokemon and try to catch them. This time, however, you can simply battle a Pokemon to make it easier to catch. Park Balls are the same as a Great Ball, so they will help somewhat, but if you run out or your Pokemon faints, the contest is over.

We can throw off some of the competition, but there's a couple unique Pokemon you can find here, one of them being Scyther. The other one is...

HP: 65 | ATK: 125 | DEF: 100 | SP.ATK: 55 | SP.DEF: 70 | SPD: 85 | TOTAL: 500
#112: Pinsir

Hmm, yes. Vicegrip (Hasamu: Clamp (no not that one)) is a Normal move with 55BP, 30PP and 100% accuracy. And that's it.

Now you may think it's a little crazy throwing balls now, I have a Pokemon with me, I don't need to catch things at full health! It doesn't make a huge difference, but in this competition, every little bit helps. But that's where the judging for the Bug Catching Contest come in. We'll go over it in a moment.

Ah good, this move again. Bind (Shimetsukeru) is a Normal move with 15BP, 20PP and 75% accuracy that deals 1/16th of the target's max HP for 2-5 turns, during which the target cannot switch out or run, but it can attack, thankfully.

Thankfully it doesn't take much to finally stay in.

Now we can keep going and find another bug. We have the option to compare and then replace the bug if we want, but let's see how well we do with this one.

: OK. Please wait here for the announcement of the winners.

"caught."

: ...... ...... We have chosen the winners! Are you ready for this? Placing third was BUG CATCHER JOSH, who caught a SCYTHER! The score was 314 points!

Second??? I call bullshit!

"VENONAT!"

Fuuuuuuuuuuck yooooooooooooou. It's pretty difficult to win the contest. Now I could go off and catch another Pokemon to get a better score, but obviously Pinsir and Scyther are hard to find and I want to win the competition with a Pinsir. Thankfully, who gets what is random each results, so all I need to do is keep resetting until I win, cause gently caress waiting a few more days for the next competition to then lose again. While I'm resetting, here's how the game determines your score:

The judging is relatively simple, it's simply a score and whoever has the highest wins. But the way they determine that score is pretty drat iffy, starting with 4 times the max HP of the Pokemon added to the stats of the Pokemon (note: not the base stats, the current stats) and then 1/8 of the current HP of the Pokemon. So to score high there it's best to just catch it at full health, though it only gets you like 5 or 6 points, really.

Then, you get additional bonus points depending on the DVs of the Pokemon. If the Defense DV is odd, you get 16 points, 0 otherwise. 8 points if the Attack DV is odd, 0 otherwise. 4 points if the Special DV is odd, 0 otherwise. And 1 point if the Speed DV is odd, 0 otherwise. Finally, if the Pokemon is holding an item (which Butterfree, Beedrill and Paras have a chance of doing), you get 1 point.

So that's where the problem comes in. If you happen to get the wrong DVs, you lose out on a chunk of points that could tip you over to first place. It sucks, but at least it's not the majority of the points you'll get. You just gotta hope you get some nice high HP DVs to contribute to most of your score and that its overall stats are also pretty high. If you don't win, then too bad, try again in two days, or reload a save and catch your Pokemon all over again and hope it's better.

[40 resets later]

"PINSIR!"

And there we go, easy as that. So long as you're lucky enough to roll plenty of odd DVs, you'll win no problem.

"SUN STONE!"

: Please join us for the next Contest! We'll return the POKéMON we kept for you. Here you go!

The big reason for wanting to win the contest is to get the Sun Stone. It's the only place you can get it and you need two to complete your dex. Since Sunkern is doing nothing except being useless, let's just evolve it.

HP: 75 | ATK: 75 | DEF: 55 | SP.ATK: 105 | SP.DEF: 85 | SPD: 30 | TOTAL: 425
#103: Sunflora

So that's one Sun Stone used. But we still need another for later.

Route 36

: This is it--the one we've all been waiting for! GOLDENROD DEPT. STORE's bargain sale is on now! Don't miss this GOLDENROD chance!

: Huh? I sound like a huckster? Well, yeah. I was mimicking them... Anyway, you've got to get there as soon as you can! See you later!

Goldenrod City

Might as well do this before jumping into another Bug Catching Contest, there's a couple things I wanna do around this area anyway.

This is the clearout sale: a load of basic stuff at a cheaper price. It's not too bad, so we'll grab a couple things here and there. This isn't every item, but since we're only getting early items, it changes with how many badges you have, so we could buy a Full Restore for $600 later on. Bargain!

"my radio show?"

Next stop is Buena and her password show.

: What was your name again? ...MARINA, OK! Come on, MARINA. Join the show.

: I want to hear you shout out today's password for MARINA!

Everyone at home shout it out!

: You earned one point! Congrats! Yup! Our contestant was MARINA. Thanks for coming! I hope all you listeners will come too! I'll be waiting!

Well darn. It's gonna be some time before we get a full 30 points, but we'll get there.

Bug Catching Contest

Anyway, Bug Catching and poo poo.

We'll be winning the contest with this one!

...or maybe not.

You know what, we'll catch a different one, maybe that'll win. Pursuit (Oiuchi: Pursuing Attack) is a Dark move with 40BP, 20PP and 100% accuracy. It seems pretty unremarkable, but if it's used when the opposing Pokemon switches out, Pursuit gains +7 priority and has 80BP, making it a very good trapping move for weakened Ghost and Psychic Pokemon.

It has more health, so it must be better. Now I'm sure to win!

gently caress. Restart~

"SCYTHER!"

There we go, let's never participate in this contest ever again.

Route 36

Anyway, let's finally move on and see about this tree. No, not this one that heals the Pokemon of Burn, but the wiggly tree.

That's cheating and I'm going to call the police... just as soon one of the policemen I battle gives me their number.

HP: 40 | ATK: 35 | DEF: 30 | SP.ATK: 120 | SP.DEF: 70 | SPD: 105 | TOTAL: 400
#090: Kadabra

Unsurprisingly, Confusion (Nenriki: Mindpower) is a Psychic move with 50BP, 25PP and 100% accuracy that has a 10% chance of confusing the opponent. It's a means to an end that you'll replace when you can.

Again, cheating.

"any POKéMON!"

Oh?

HP: 65 | ATK: 55 | DEF: 115 | SP.ATK: 100 | SP.DEF: 40 | SPD: 60 | TOTAL: 435
#179: Tangela

That's one way to say type disadvantage.

: There's more to life than just reading books. Reading textbooks is worthwhile every so often.

: When I'm reading and walking, I have to look down. So I notice items on the ground. Next time I find something, I'll give it to you.

Yours is a pretty good number to have, so sure.

Man I hope I get rolling in items soon, cause drat I'll need them.

I have a bad feeling about this.

: When I sprinkled water on that wiggly tree, it jumped right up! It just has to be a POKéMON. I bet it would be shocked out of its disguise if you soaked it! I know! I'll tell my sis and borrow her water bottle!

Heh. Anyway, this is a weird change from Gold and Silver. You need to head out here to then go back to Goldenrod to progress. So back we go. What do you mean I just went back to Goldenrod for other couple things? You think I do any forward thinking in these updates?

Goldenrod City

: If I beat WHITNEY, I wonder if she'll lend me her water bottle...

: You'll be OK, then. Here's the SQUIRTBOTTLE!

So yeah, I suppose this change was because you wouldn't really know to come here after beating Whitney, so having the girl by the tree is a good indication. But you still need to come all the way back in order to progress, so the best way to do it would be for the girl to talk to you when you leave the Gym. Oh well, we're good to continue on now.

: The weird tree doesn't like the SQUIRTBOTTLE! The weird tree attacked! Gah!

HP: 70 | ATK: 100 | DEF: 115 | SP.ATK: 30 | SP.DEF: 65 | SPD: 30 | TOTAL: 410
#106: Sudowoodo

Woah, it's a Rock type, not a Grass type! My world is flipped upside down. Anyway, Flail (Jitabata: Wriggling) is a Normal move with varying power, 15PP and 100% accuracy. Its power equates to how much health you have, with 20BP between 71% and 100% health, all the way to 200BP between 1HP to 4% health. It has a usable power of 80BP below 35% health, so up to you if you wanna risk it. It can work since there's not many priority moves around.

"BUBBLE!"

As you'd expect, Mimic (Monomane) copies the last move used by the opponent, with 5PP. However, it cannot mimic Sketch, Struggle, Metronome and any move the user already knows. It's very situation, but can be fun to play around with.

Aw man, I don't have many of those!

Ah, finally. Rock Throw (Iwa Otoshi: Rock Drop) is a Rock move with 50BP, 15PP and 90% accuracy, a 25% increase from last gen, making it much easier to recommend. It's still fairly basic and should be replaced when given the chance.

Now the tree is gone, allowing us easy access to Violet City and that. There's quite a few things we can do, so let's get started. Next update. Later y'all.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I will never understand why the fake tree Pokemon is considered a rock type and not a grass type (or even a grass/ground type).

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

AradoBalanga posted:

I will never understand why the fake tree Pokemon is considered a rock type and not a grass type (or even a grass/ground type).

It's because not real wood, it's pseudo wood! :D
Yeah, I dunno. Maybe fossilised wood?

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

AradoBalanga posted:

...Because it's a fake tree, not a real one?

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.

AradoBalanga posted:

Same reason a flower-mimicking mantis isn't a plant. It's a camouflaged rock type.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

AradoBalanga posted:

To gently caress with you when you try using fire and flying Pokemon on it. It's actually pretty clever, it's a fake tree that resists everything grass types are weak against. And everything you'd use to get a tree out of your way, like Cut.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Not too well adapted for friends though, who'd come and give it lots of lovely water.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
Perfect time to post one of my favorites

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
This is probably the best Sudowoodo gag in the series.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Shadow Sudowoodo also being part of Miror B.'s team was also cool, cause I think that's intentional?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Crosspeice posted:

Shadow Sudowoodo also being part of Miror B.'s team was also cool, cause I think that's intentional?

Sudowoodo has some great dance moves, only the best for the Best Pokemon Character Miror B.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Sudowoodo is also a beautiful name that could only come from a true genius of localization. It perfectly captures the pun of the original name so well

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Roro posted:

It's because not real wood, it's pseudo wood! :D
Yeah, I dunno. Maybe fossilised wood?

This. It's a petrified tree. It's unnecessary pre-evolution is a fake bonsai.

Though it would probably work well as a fossil Pokemon if Gen II had decided to make new fossils.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
I, for one, am glad Sudowoodo gets Wood Hammer as of Gen 4 and can finally live the dream.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I don't think I've ever used Sudowoodo. Or any rock types, come to think of it. Unless you count Aerodactyl.

Valgaav
Feb 21, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

This is probably the best Sudowoodo gag in the series.

"Nothing to tree here. Move along."

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

I don't think I've ever used Sudowoodo. Or any rock types, come to think of it. Unless you count Aerodactyl.

I used a Gigalith in my White playthough. It having Sturdy allowed me to revive two Pokemon without switching when I faced the E4!

SkyTalon2314
Aug 8, 2013

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

In X I used Tyrantum. Because of its ability (Strong Jaws) and the bevy of bite moves it can learn (sadly, I found out mostly egg moves). I named it Defeat. As in, crushed by the jaws of Defeat.

He actually worked rather well, I'm pleased to say. The effective STAB on Crunch did wonders, and he naturally gets EQ and Dragon Claw, both before 50 even. Sadly, he doesn't get a physical Rock-Type naturally until 58 with Head Smash, but around when you get Tyrunt anyway you get Rock Tomb, which helps.

His biggest problems are middling (71) Speed, and a very poor (59) SpDef. But, put him up against something that's physical and he'll wreck faces.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

I'm using Tyratrum in my "Never Used Before" X run and I can vouch for all of that. Rock/Dragon is an alright defensive typing, too.

(Also you can teach Head Smash using a Heart Scale!)

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Well, Rock type has never fit in with my playstyle. It has too many weaknesses and not enough strengths that I need. I base my teams around water, which knocks out the need for something you need against Fire types. Most water types can learn an Ice elemental attack to use against flyers and even if they can't, any good team has a solid Electric attack/type, and Bug types...well they're Bug types. They tend to be fragile. But maybe I'll give one a whirl next time I get the urge to become Champion of a region.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

Archeops in BW was awesome because its stats are completely ludicrous and balanced by Defeatist. But it's incredibly rare that you'll ever end up with it below half health, given you can use potions and the like.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Archeops in BW was awesome because its stats are completely ludicrous and balanced by Defeatist. But it's incredibly rare that you'll ever end up with it below half health, given you can use potions and the like.

Yeah it's useless in multiplayer because Defeatist, but in game it's fantastic.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

hopeandjoy posted:

Yeah it's useless in multiplayer because Defeatist, but in game it's fantastic.

The hell where they thinking with that ability?
"Here's a pokemon with good attack! Let's halve that when it hits 50%!"
gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Silegna posted:

The hell where they thinking with that ability?
"Here's a pokemon with good attack! Let's halve that when it hits 50%!"
gently caress.

Probably because it's meant to be a glass cannon that either takes out it's opponent or functionally gets taken out in return minus berry/potion shenanigans?

It's a fun concept even if it doesn't make for the most competitive dude.

• Locked thread