Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Strontium posted:

Intelligent Life

What the gently caress. What the actual gently caress.

This is like distilled anti-humor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
Rarebit Fiend (click for huge)

Outbusts of Everett True c. 1920

And He Did. c. 1920

Guess If They Are Married! c. 1920

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyclecar

Good Time Guy (click for big)

Flapper Fanny Says

Feiffer (click for big)

Jaf

Wee Pals

Andy Capp

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
:geno: I had hundred of pounds of crystals fall on me and now my ribs hurt.
:geno: Well, the crystals probably caused some damaged to your ribs. Which is why they now hurt.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Pluggers

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

One day I didn't put my keys in the usual place and freaked out for 20 minutes.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

SomeMathGuy posted:

The Phantom

So is this guy that turned out to be on the same side and his presumably now-dead aides going to have to deal with being covered with skull ring marks?

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.

Slammy posted:

Flapper Fanny Says

Even vintage comics that have been gone for almost a century are doing Prince tributes!

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set knows you have to spend money to make money.

Working Daze is terrible.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix is rated R for language and sexual content.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

The Amazing Spider-Man

"Quit trying to pretend you don't suck, Spidey."

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Heathcliff

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

Yeah, I'm sure the other band members will easily give a bigger cut to the person who just joined after a handful of guitar lessons.

9 Chickweed Lane

Pibgorn Wahoo Terminal

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Aardmania posted:

Judge Parker

Yeah, I'm sure the other band members will easily give a bigger cut to the person who just joined after a handful of guitar lessons.

Normally I don't mind the ridiculous plots where these rich arseholes feel entitled to free stuff and get it just because, but this is actually annoying me. If it were any other strip (except maybe Rex Morgan), I'd assume that either Sam was trying to get her kicked out of the band or was about to get some sort of comeuppance for his greed, but in this strip I'm sure it will just end with Sophie getting paid more.

Tiggum fucked around with this message at 08:22 on May 4, 2016

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Last strip: "Leave me to die, I'm done for!"

Now: "drat, I think I broke a nail."

Moomin

Classic Dilbert

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Buni

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Strontium posted:

Dark Side of the Horse

That'd be inefficient, but is there any reason it wouldn't work?

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Parahexavoctal posted:

That'd be inefficient, but is there any reason it wouldn't work?

The blades are going to fly off and smack him in the face

Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Pluggers

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Mark Trail

Pearls Before Swine

The Phantom Meets Metal Gear

Stuccojeff
May 2, 2009

Um.

So the colorist must have noticed that the speed lines of the collapsing crystal formation created a flesh-colored swath over Gabe's junk, right?

Wait, is that whole cave flesh colored? That's weird too.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Peanuts (May 7, 1969)

Looks like we missed the beginning of this week.

Funky Winkerbean

For Christ's sake, don't humor Les Moore's delusions. Some of these people have to live with that poo poo.

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (March 18-19, 1929)

Thimble Theater (November 21, 1929)

Just Dan Again
Dec 16, 2012

Adventure!

Strontium posted:

Take It From the Tinkersons

Man, syndicated cartoonists just can't resist piling on common core. I know that fear of math is some kind of badge of honor for a lot of people, but I'd hope that parents (or grandparents, these are newspaper strips after all) can stop for just one second and think that maybe telling their kids that they're learning math "wrong" is going to do some harm in the long run.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Pickles

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

TOBY finally remembered that it existed

Wallace the Brave

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

Just Dan Again posted:

Man, syndicated cartoonists just can't resist piling on common core. I know that fear of math is some kind of badge of honor for a lot of people, but I'd hope that parents (or grandparents, these are newspaper strips after all) can stop for just one second and think that maybe telling their kids that they're learning math "wrong" is going to do some harm in the long run.
Part of the issue is that, precisely because "durr math hard" is such a widespread attitude, a fair number of folks never get enough exposure to the subject to realize there never was nor will be one absolutely correct way to learn or do math. Hell, a lot of interesting discoveries were born precisely out of someone applying a technique from one discipline to something traditionally belonging to another, and even in subjects old enough to be relatively "fixed" the pedagogical techniques have evolved considerably over the years (e.g. Infinitesimal based calculus vs limit based calculus). Basically, despite assertions that they think math is made up, a whole lot of people are actually ultra-conservative mathematical platonists, and it absolutely is going to do harm to their kids' math abilities in the long run.

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
King Aroo (April 11, 1951)

Barnaby (September 16, 1942)

Nancy (May 26, 1943)

Wash Tubbs (February 6, 1929)

Gasoline Alley (March 7, 1923)

Lil' Abner (October 21, 1936)

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

SomeMathGuy posted:

Part of the issue is that, precisely because "durr math hard" is such a widespread attitude, a fair number of folks never get enough exposure to the subject to realize there never was nor will be one absolutely correct way to learn or do math.

FWIW this includes common core, especially when it's suddenly introduced to student's who have been learning a different way.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

Kavak posted:

FWIW this includes common core, especially when it's suddenly introduced to student's who have been learning a different way.

Oh, for sure, it's all a clusterfuck. I'm "lucky" enough to really only deal with the end result, a bunch of college students that can't do basic fractions. I have doubts that common core will change that.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Chimeric posted:

Wallace the Brave

I can't decide between "Look, It's like C&H! Love me!" and "I actually have some talent, so I want it to look like it does most of the time!"

I mean, it's better than I could do, but I'm not trying to make money as an artist. It's also better than a lot of crap posted here but that's a depressingly, insultingly low bar when it includes stuff like Reply All and Oh Baby

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Trent posted:

I can't decide between "Look, It's like C&H! Love me!" and "I actually have some talent, so I want it to look like it does most of the time!"

I mean, it's better than I could do, but I'm not trying to make money as an artist. It's also better than a lot of crap posted here but that's a depressingly, insultingly low bar when it includes stuff like Reply All and Oh Baby

I can't quite make up my mind on it either but it's got charm to it and that's something lacking in the zombie strips and a lot of the newer ones too. Like it's not trying to hold itself to a formula and instead actually doing something.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Ripley's

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Uh, is that Pamela Anderson or Jocelyn Wildenstein?

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

whats wrong with your face ms. anderson

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set just wants a little peace and quiet.

Working Daze combines cheesecake, lazy joke.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix raises a valid point.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

There is a nonzero chance that this is about bathroom bills.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Green Intern posted:

There is a nonzero chance that this is about bathroom bills.

What?? It's a men's room, they are men. Have you never shared a urinal with a bro?

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Plus it's happened in the past month, well outside the range of Scott's month or whatever backlog.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Strontium posted:

Intelligent Life

:The Joke: Quagmire is a sexual deviant!

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
Rarebit Fiend (click for huge)

Outbusts of Everett True

Good Time Guy (click for big)

Flapper Fanny Says

Feiffer (click for big)

Amen.

Amen.

Jaf

Wee Pals

Mr. Tweedy

Andy Capp

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Pogo (May 6, 1958)

Peanuts: Year Five (October 11-13, 1954)

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Slammy posted:

Outbusts of Everett True

Wait a moment. Wasn't there a strip where Everett dealt with a neighbor who complained about him cutting his lawn too early in the morning? My gosh, Everett True is a hypocrite!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Darthemed posted:

Ripley's

Why so glum, Troy Haupt illustration?

Read up on Troy Haupt, and the NFL doesn't want to buy his copy of Super Bowl 1 because the guy is asking a million dollars for it. While I think that's a little steep, that's like loving chump change to the NFL :psyduck:

Also, the NFL forbids him from selling it to a third party or they'll sue the living poo poo out of him. Again, a million dollars to the NFL is like a loose penny and dime under a car's seat :psyduck: Just buy the tape and show it to the fans and historians, for gently caress's sake.

• Locked thread