Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

zen death robot posted:

Same although I went ahead and voted for Bernie in the primary here because gently caress it why not. I don't really care that Hillary is winning though - she's perfectly acceptable and will be pretty much the same as Obama.

a literal berniebot :sad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

zen death robot posted:

Same although I went ahead and voted for Bernie in the primary here because gently caress it why not. I don't really care that Hillary is winning though - she's perfectly acceptable and will be pretty much the same as Obama.
She's a lot more hawkish than Obama which probably translates to a lot more death and chaos abroad.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Uh no.

The "best" clinton posters spent all of their time posting their predictions about how Obama was a closet Republican who wouldn't do a single thing for Democrats or the left across the course of his entire presidency.

Those people support Clinton this time around as well

Today's Bernouts are just cogs in a machine that has already adjusted for their short sighted disloyalty

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

Deteriorata posted:

Hillary did 9/11.

The Clinton legacy will prove to be far more damaging to the country than a couple poorly built buildings.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

MC Nietzche posted:

Bernie continues his streak of winning states that will never vote D in the general. :mediocre:

lol

obama won indiana in 08

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

MC Nietzche posted:

Bernie continues his streak of winning states that will never vote D in the general. :mediocre:

It turned blue for Obama. Stranger things have happened and with Trump in the drivers seat... man oh man :getin:

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

zen death robot posted:

I just wish you fuckers had a sense of humor about, well, anything
anything? even.... memes?

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Schnorkles posted:

In the history of us tracking the metric, you mean. There's a fairly large difference.

Yes, of course; I assumed it went without saying. I didn't mean to be misleading. I do think the point stands, however.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

I'd like to mention when y'all were making fun of Indiana and its past history with the Klan and how they voted for the first time blue in like 50 years for a black man

y'all loving don't know Indiana

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

C-SPAN Caller posted:

I'd like to mention when y'all were making fun of Indiana and its past history with the Klan and how they voted for the first time blue in like 50 years for a black man

y'all loving don't know Indiana

Indiana doesn't know Indiana

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Except (speaking as a Clinton supporter) they are more right than Clinton posters and their accusations of Obama. I don't imagine for a second that Clinton is better for the left than Obama, and he disappointed me a great deal.

The difference is that she won't waste her first term naively thinking she can work with the republicans like Obama did.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I freaking love memes

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

please don't talk about the gasseds treads

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer
I was an early and hardcore Obama supporter, and after seeing one Bernie speech went directly to Clinton. Bernie seems like a decent guy but I don't want him to be president.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

smg77 posted:

The difference is that she won't waste her first term naively thinking she can work with the republicans like Obama did.

Alternative hypothesis: she does try because she's a moderate and an incrementalist candidate

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Yudo posted:

Yes, of course; I assumed it went without saying. I didn't mean to be misleading. I do think the point stands, however.

The point is that the United States has seen similar levels of partisan [if not more] divide between major political parties. Reconstruction and pre-civil war, for instance.

Where we are is not unprecedented.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

i kinda wish whoever did it would step up so people would eventually move past it

or really i wish people would stop talking about the bernie thread getting gassed. there are replacements now

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

zen death robot posted:

i can if i want to the red star says so
the red star is a symbol of many glorious things

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Both Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton are good candidates and I am happy to pull a lever for either in the general.

Either one will probably beat Donald Trump barring some serious catastrophe or black swan.

Bernie has also lost the Democratic nomination as of this point.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Alternative hypothesis: she does try because she's a moderate and an incrementalist candidate

I don't understand why people continue to underestimate just how much the Clintons hate the republican party.

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx
Hillary Clinton's policies are basically the same as Obama's except she's worse at choosing who to trust.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I think a Bernie guy did it who honestly gives a poo poo.

The only crime is that all the Dem threads are awful and should also be gassed

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Schnorkles posted:

The point is that the United States has seen similar levels of partisan [if not more] divide between major political parties. Reconstruction and pre-civil war, for instance.

Where we are is not unprecedented.

There have been ugly campaigns, but for as long as favorability has been measured, Hillary is second only to her adversary Trump in being unfavorable. It should make things interesting.

Edit: hillary will win for sure, though

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer
After the primary, can we wordfilter Bernie Sanders to Hillary Clinton?

Edit: Better - President Hillary Clinton

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
hosed up that reddit won indiana singlehandedly

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Schnorkles posted:

Both Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton are good candidates and I am happy to pull a lever for either in the general.

Either one will probably beat Donald Trump barring some serious catastrophe or black swan.

Bernie has also lost the Democratic nomination as of this point.

:agreed:

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

point of return posted:

Hillary Clinton's policies are basically the same as Obama's except she's worse at choosing who to trust.

This is absolutely a fair criticism but I hope that most of the really awful people got purged from the inner circle after 2008.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

i can't wait till things get so partisan that president hillary beats a man during a session of congress with a cane

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Goetta posted:

I think a Bernie guy did it who honestly gives a poo poo.

The only crime is that all the Dem threads are awful and should also be gassed
i posted this before but it was obviously Shen-ji Yang after zdr gave the nod - they were posting back and forth about it beforehand over in the Dem thread.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Condiv posted:

i can't wait till things get so partisan that president hillary beats a man during a session of congress with a cane

aw yeah :f5:

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

zen death robot posted:

I just wish you fuckers had a sense of humor about, well, anything

I'm sorry we don't share your sense of Huma

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

Condiv posted:

If it was Ted Cruz you would cheer. We all would.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Condiv posted:

I, too, long for this day.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Condiv posted:

Nearly to death.

[It will be Jefferson Beureaugard Sessions III]

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

zen death robot posted:

:agreed: but there would just be another terrible thread until the this horrible primary season is behind us so there's not really a point.

The thing I didn't realize until it was too late is that it doesn't really matter as long as people are having fun posting.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

:ssh: Bernie's an incrementalist, too. He just likes to pretend he isn't.

He's made a career out of amending bills to make them incrementally better. He's never done anything revolutionary in his life.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Mrit posted:

If it was Ted Cruz you would cheer. We all would.

No one would stop her.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Bernie thread gassing was an inside job

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
im glad it isn't just me who finds sanders cunts annoying lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006