Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

smg77 posted:

It's like people don't even remember Hillary was advocating for single payer in the 90s. :cripes:

The reason she's not campaigning on it now is because she knows that it's not happening with the current makeup of congress.

And neither is gun control. Nor immigration reform.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Hilario Baldness posted:

With a pending FBI investigation and a refusal to release the transcripts of the Goldman Sachs speeches, Donald Trump has his attack points that he will not relent on. He knows to exploit America's long standing distrust and dislike of Hillary.

Imma dig this up in a year or two and laugh at how adorable it is.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Yeah its not looking good for Hillary but eh whatever she's got this in the bag amirite guys

you are literally avoiding any post that contradicts your hastily constructed straw hut. Hillary Clinton has problems as a GE candidate but its Donald goddamn Trump you lunatics.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

EugeneJ posted:

Hillary is currently losing to Trump by 2 points in the latest national poll:

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/278366-poll-trump-has-2-point-lead-over-clinton

I'm wondering if Rasmussen is going to go 0-3 for presidential elections.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

fade5 posted:

Also there's Terry McAuliffe, who's the reasonably popular Virginia popular Governor and the biggest Hillary booster who probably exists.

Any map that shows Trump winning Virginia is pure fantasy.

There's a real close election world where the democrats barely squeak by that Terry McAuliffe winning the gubernatorial race in Virginia is the most important thing re: the presidency that happened in 2016.

I am glad that it didn't come down to that, but was amused that it was a possibility.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Schnorkles posted:

you are literally avoiding any post that contradicts your hastily constructed straw hut. Hillary Clinton has problems as a GE candidate but its Donald goddamn Trump you lunatics.

donald trump taking on bernie supporters through anti-establishment and taking up some of his policies in the weirdest platform ever combined with a hillary indictment in the general and all the transcripts among other things will be a deathblow to her

jill stein will also probably manage like, Eugene V. Debs level of national popular vote somehow

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Hilario Baldness posted:

With a pending FBI investigation and a refusal to release the transcripts of the Goldman Sachs speeches, Donald Trump has his attack points that he will not relent on. He knows to exploit America's long standing distrust and dislike of Hillary.

Just today Donald Trump accused Ted Cruz's father of being involved in the assassination of JFK. It it's Bernie running against him instead of Hillary we might get to hear about how the Democrats are keeping Champ, the Champlain Monster, caged up in Burlington's ECHO Center to use his magic to steal money from small business owners.

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer

mlmp08 posted:

Imma dig this up in a year or two and laugh at how adorable it is.

Adorable as in I'm wrong that America doesn't like Hillary Clinton? Adorable as in the FBI investigation and Goldman Sachs speeches won't be attack point of Trump? Illuminate me, oh light of lights.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

C-SPAN Caller posted:

donald trump taking on bernie supporters through anti-establishment and taking up some of his policies in the weirdest platform ever combined with a hillary indictment in the general and all the transcripts among other things will be a deathblow to her

jill stein will also probably manage like, Eugene V. Debs level of national popular vote somehow

hmm.

yes.

okay.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

C-SPAN Caller posted:

missing in this scenario: an EMP

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Or, here's a wild hottake.

SA is not indicative of the Democratic party. Hillary Clinton is a widely acceptable candidate to the Democratic party. a 30%-esh highly unfavorable rating for someone involved in partisan politics for as long as she has been isn't as crippling, she won't be indicted, and she's running against the weakest GE candidate basically ever.

Who probably will have no fundraising.

And will probably be running on a platform that doesn't include anything he actually advocated for.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

man y'all ignoring the indictment that will inevitably happen after the convention is seriously weird but whatever

also they ever extradite that crazy romanian guy with the funny name that got into her emails yet

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Joementum posted:

Just today Donald Trump accused Ted Cruz's father of being involved in the assassination of JFK. It it's Bernie running against him instead of Hillary we might get to hear about how the Democrats are keeping Champ, the Champlain Monster, caged up in Burlington's ECHO Center to use his magic to steal money from small business owners.

He would also accuse Bernie of wanting to replace the bald eagle with a turnip as our national symbol.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

C-SPAN Caller posted:

man y'all ignoring the indictment that will inevitably happen after the convention is seriously weird but whatever

also they ever extradite that crazy romanian guy with the funny name that got into her emails yet

Care to make a friendly wager? A toxx? A platinum account?

Your choice, of course.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
the emails will surely sink her candidacy, says increasingly unhinged man

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Hilario Baldness posted:

Adorable as in I'm wrong that America doesn't like Hillary Clinton? Adorable as in the FBI investigation and Goldman Sachs speeches won't be attack point of Trump? Illuminate me, oh light of lights.

The FBI investigation will appeal to birthers because it has about the same level of likelihood of being true. Also, of the two general election candidates, it is true that one of them is going to get dragged into court during the campaign. (It's Trump.)

As soon as Sanders is done, she'll probably dump the transcripts. That or she'll hold onto them until Trump tries to use them and just say "here they are, where are your tax returns Donald?"

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer

Joementum posted:

He is, without a doubt a nutbag, but he loves to make this personal and deflect from policy issues. Hillary gives a lot of ammunition. Worst he can do for Bernie is red baiting. Not insignificant to the older generations, but favorable to youth.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

smg77 posted:

He would also accuse Bernie of wanting to replace the bald eagle with a turnip as our national symbol.

I would like to point out that it is, technically, a half-turnip, half-rutabaga hybrid.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

C-SPAN Caller posted:

You realize that you're sounding less sane than a freep poster with this right?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Hilario Baldness posted:

Adorable in that you think it will fuckin' matter and this will just be crybaby boohoos.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Hilario Baldness posted:

He is, without a doubt a nutbag, but he loves to make this personal and deflect from particular issues. Hillary gives a lot of ammunition. Worst he can do for Bernie is red baiting. Not insignificant to the older generations, but favorable to youth.

you can't win an election solely on the back of young voters

see: sanders, bernie

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

logikv9 posted:

you can't win an election solely on the back of young voters

see: sanders, bernie

Or white people

see: romney, mitt

e: also applies to sanders, bernie

A Winner is Jew has issued a correction as of 04:21 on May 4, 2016

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

The best part of that Rasmussen poll that is being held up like it's canon is that it had Trump at only 10% less approval rating among all minorities.

I have no loving clue who Rasmussen polls but lmao if you think that's indicative of irl

Yudo
May 15, 2003

lol Bernie dropped the hammer on scumshit united technologies in indiana good for him

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Anyway something I've been pointing out for a while: if a Jew from the whitest state in the country is losing the black vote to Hillary R. Clinton herself, the reason for it might not be his message.

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

Jewel Repetition posted:

Anyway something I've been pointing out for a while: if a Jew from the whitest state in the country is losing the black vote to Hillary R. Clinton herself, the reason for it might not be his message.

lol

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Yudo posted:

lol Bernie dropped the hammer on scumshit united technologies in indiana good for him

Trump's been doing this too

Neither have actually helped out even a little bit

Thanks, worker's union and Democratic machine mayor, for enacting real support and not just bluster!

MC Nietzche
Oct 26, 2004

Jewel Repetition posted:

:sad:

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Southern politics is often organized within the church. Further, being a Jew in the south and other places sucks. lol if you don't get that.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx
why are all the dogs barking?

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
I know how that sounds, but let me be absolutely clear: I'm just sayin'.

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Epic High Five posted:

Trump's been doing this too

Neither have actually helped out even a little bit

Thanks, worker's union and Democratic machine mayor, for enacting real support and not just bluster!

Uh, neither has Hillary, unless you count NAFTA.

MC Nietzche
Oct 26, 2004

Yudo posted:

Southern politics is often organized within the church. Further, being a Jew in the south and other places sucks. lol if you don't get that.

Would you say there is some sort of zionist conspiracy that causes all this resentment?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Yudo posted:

Uh, neither has Hillary, unless you count NAFTA.

She's also not using it as a political prop while doing poo poo all to actually help the people affected, which is why I didn't mention her

Yudo
May 15, 2003

MC Nietzche posted:

Would you say there is some sort of zionist conspiracy that causes all this resentment?

What are you talking about?

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Hilario Baldness posted:

He is, without a doubt a nutbag, but he loves to make this personal and deflect from policy issues. Hillary gives a lot of ammunition. Worst he can do for Bernie is red baiting. Not insignificant to the older generations, but favorable to youth.

In a one on one race where one candidate is going to be laser focused on the issues, the personal attacks are going to backfire. If Hillary attacks Trump on policy and he counters with a personal attack, he is going to sink 5 more points among women voters.

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Epic High Five posted:

She's also not using it as a political prop while doing poo poo all to actually help the people affected, which is why I didn't mention her

Yeah, she helped to cause the problem in the first place.

MC Nietzche
Oct 26, 2004

Yudo posted:

Yeah, she helped to cause the problem in the first place.

You heard it here first folks First Lady Hillary Clinton is responsible for NAFTA :allears:

Yudo
May 15, 2003

MC Nietzche posted:

You heard it here first folks First Lady Hillary Clinton is responsible for NAFTA :allears:

She praised it and owned it as an achievement. So yeah, it's on the resume.

edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySYYHzj3evY -- first thing on the google

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

MC Nietzche posted:

Someone get Immortan in here, this probably goes all the way to the top.

• Locked thread