Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

My favorite thing about Dave was when his wife begged donations off the O&A and R&F audience because their son was lactose intolerant. All because she didn't want to work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blackmarketlimb
Dec 27, 2005
Daveymac was a literal loving angel. He got tiresome with sports talk, yeah, but he also invented Spinning the Hits and actually made Ron legit incredulous when he was adamant Jesus Christ invented the chair with a back.

oh and also that stupid Melinda voice he used.

blackmarketlimb fucked around with this message at 07:06 on May 4, 2016

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Morter posted:

And miss out on Cakehorn?!

[chippah voice] Faaawk daaat

Or the stand alone fruit bit?

Or the time he got mad at some guy mocking him on the shows Twitter who had the username "Eatin' Muh Sandwich" and Ron and Pepper couldn't stop laughing at Fez trying to be legit mad at a guy called "Eatin' Muh Sandwich".

spudsbuckley fucked around with this message at 10:01 on May 4, 2016

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster

spudsbuckley posted:

Or the time he got mad at some guy mocking him on the on the shows Twitter who had the username "Eatin' Muh Sandwich" and Ron and Pepper couldn't stop laughing at Fez trying to be legit mad at a guy called "Eatin' Muh Sandwich".

is there audio of that on youtube? I couldn't find it

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

O__O posted:

is there audio of that on youtube? I couldn't find it

let me just google that to see and...

:yikes:

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster
lol

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

I like Dave a lot, but it may be because I only ever listened to the show in clip form. Davey Mac for three hours a day, five days a week would be tough to handle.

blackmarketlimb
Dec 27, 2005

ozza posted:

I like Dave a lot, but it may be because I only ever listened to the show in clip form. Davey Mac for three hours a day, five days a week would be tough to handle.

Dave was fine unless Ron steered the conversation into sports. 90% of Dave's bit on Ron and Fez was trolling Earl, and that's why he petered off after Earl left. He didn't have Patches to prod at anymore, and Fez has so much shame he loops around to not having any, so Fez never went with the bit and just lashed out instead of being a prideful, fainting goat like Earl.

I think this thread has kinda overblown how much of Dave's time on R&F was doing stuntboy poo poo. Most of the stuntboy poo poo happened on Tits&RacistMcgee's show, and Ron and Fez would deal with the blowout. I.E: Ron berating Dave like a disappointed dad for pouring hot sauce up his rear end to impress the older kids.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Call Me Charlie posted:

let me just google that to see and...
Whoa, how did you log into Anthony Cumia's account?! :aaa:

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I hate Dave but I also find him highly entertaining.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Ohh, god. While listening to a completely random O&A Patrice episode, Anthony mentioned, when Amy Schumer came up, that he would totally gently caress her. I had to post that to /r/opieandanthony after all their recent anti-Amy circlejerkery. I hate it when they go after someone I like, like Kurt or Amy or Louis.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
I like Dave because he seems genuinely mentally unwell and like he's a hair trigger away from going on a spree killing. Makes for entertaining radio.

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

Oh noble brogy. Overflowing with meaty wisdom and secret sauce.

Under the vegetable posted:

I like Dave because he seems genuinely mentally unwell and like he's a hair trigger away from going on a spree killing. Makes for entertaining radio.

A spree killing he would hilariously botch .

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Morning buddays

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQS1Rwo5vp0

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
I can't believe I can't remember the guys name, but who was Earl's friend who made that lovely movie? If I remember right, he got into a fight with Dave that gave them the "You drink piss!!! You touch poo poo!!!" sound clip.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

TL posted:

I can't believe I can't remember the guys name, but who was Earl's friend who made that lovely movie? If I remember right, he got into a fight with Dave that gave them the "You drink piss!!! You touch poo poo!!!" sound clip.

Franklyn, director of Last night in Brooklyn.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

JFC posted:

Franklyn, director of Last night in Brooklyn.

Thank you! I can't believe I forgot that.

blackmarketlimb
Dec 27, 2005
Holy poo poo. I managed to completely block Franklyn from my memory, but now it's all rushing back to me. What a loving weenie. He was the one that talked about seeing evil green energy snakes around the twin towers before 9/11 happened.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Man, Patton Oswalt on O&A was the best. He fit in so well, even though Opie kept saying Oswald.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

A few minutes ago I realized that we should be getting close to having Ant coming back from Rehab. I did a quick search to find the guest host list and it seems that as of tomorrow, May 5th, it's 'TBA.' Check it out here.

Has there been any word on if Ant is returning tomorrow?

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
He said on Twitter that he'll be back on the air Monday.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Opie is going to be pumped for some "mainstream" exposure.
http://www.cracked.com/article_23860_6-ridiculous-tactics-celebrities-used-to-break-contracts.html

quote:

Notorious radio shock jocks Gregg "Opie" Hughes and Anthony Cumia weren't always kings of the New York radio scene's "bitter divorced fathers" market.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
:roflolmao: at the Bobo pic

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Any good site for ron and fez mp3s? I see the bitemytorrent subreddit got blown up

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Morter posted:

:roflolmao: at the Bobo pic

He's dressed as loving Kamala... well, minus the head dress. That's incredible.

AxisofIdiocy
Mar 5, 2009

What do you mean this
isn't the ketchup?

Apoplexy posted:

Man, Patton Oswalt on O&A was the best. He fit in so well, even though Opie kept saying Oswald.

Oh poo poo did he come on the show again?

He's like the only reason I'll listen to it these days.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
No, no, I just was listening to his appearances on O&A while bored. He's a good guest.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

He looks rather stoic in this picture.

onemillionzombies
Apr 27, 2014

is that a gaggle of trainables because he looks rather normal

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Oh, Uncle Paul.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Jimmy is shockingly bad as a host.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Seriously, though, what'm I looking for in that picture? The Slender Man?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Far right: Daniel Kurlan(d)

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
He's a he's a he's a schnoodle, awright.

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster
Can't stand listening to politics talk on Bennington

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
There are some days where I just turn Bennington off. It's still the best thing on radio for me though.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Can it be any worse than O&J with Trump-supporter Jimmy and mentally-deficient Opie?

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Apoplexy posted:

Can it be any worse than O&J with Trump-supporter Jimmy and mentally-deficient Opie?

It depends on how much you appreciate honesty. Even though they support Trump on-air, It's pretty clear that Ron views him as a joke candidate and Gail's pretty much an Occupy person. But they'll try to dance around that fact to stay on the good side of the audience (aka right-wing truck drivers)

Jimmy actually believes the bullshit he says and Opie's a retard.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Yeah, I'm not up on the Benningtons and their politics, I'm mainly interested in bashing Opie, Jimmy, and Anthony for being complete loving dipshits in three vastly differing ways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster

Call Me Charlie posted:

It depends on how much you appreciate honesty. Even though they support Trump on-air, It's pretty clear that Ron views him as a joke candidate and Gail's pretty much an Occupy person. But they'll try to dance around that fact to stay on the good side of the audience (aka right-wing truck drivers)

Yeah that's exactly it. It just comes off as disingenuous and in the end they don't really make any clear points after having discussed Trump for half an hour. I listen on audible and as soon as the bring up politics it's time to skip ahead.

• Locked thread