Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

SKY COQ posted:

There's a new time fuckery short story up, and instead of promoting nazism this one is kind of rad.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9945633-star-trek-online%3A-steel-and-karma

This. This is the kind of content they should be focusing on. Let's see this in missions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
They should put these lore pieces somewhere in the game, not everyone reads the website everyday.

Trendy said a few weeks back she suggested something, and also passed along community suggestions, so we'll see if they do anything.

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012

SKY COQ posted:

There's a new time fuckery short story up, and instead of promoting nazism this one is kind of rad.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9945633-star-trek-online%3A-steel-and-karma

Does it feature an AT&T employee being cut down with a hanzo steel katana?

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Woah, since when has PWE done refunds?

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/4hslon/purchasing_error_refund_thank_you_perfect_world/

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Eh, that's less a refund and more of an obvious "bought the wrong thing" user error being reversed.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
Probably didn't hurt that they actually wanted to spend more money for the T6 ships. Wonder if they would refund my preorder and lifetime membership I purchased during Beta.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

The international time alien shall fear the Samurai :ninja:

Zoerp
Sep 29, 2012

Lord of the Seas

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

:gonk: Thank you for cutting it off there

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

Son of a bitch......

Guess it's time to download a dozen gigs worth of patches.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Oh yeah, tomorrow is May 5th.

Time to find out what the May 5th at the end of the last trailer was about.

I doubt it is the release of a mission, they'd probably have more build up.

It is probably an announcement of whatever 50th anniversary events they're doing.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Tuskin38 posted:

Oh yeah, tomorrow is May 5th.

Time to find out what the May 5th at the end of the last trailer was about.

I doubt it is the release of a mission, they'd probably have more build up.

It is probably an announcement of whatever 50th anniversary events they're doing.

Get a William Shatner toupee admiralty card.

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012

Well, there's someone I never thought would log in ever again.

Now we just need @triangulumphoenix and we're all set for hilarity.

Dick Bass
Feb 22, 2006

This brings back so many memories.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

...I finally thought I quit this game. God drat it.

quote:

[5/4 7:30] [Tell] To @captaingarystark: Hey hun

[5/4 7:31] [Tell] Stark@captaingarystark: GO TO HELL

[5/4 7:31] [Tell] Stark@captaingarystark: THOUGH YOU WERE BANNED

DonDoodles fucked around with this message at 02:55 on May 5, 2016

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

DonDoodles posted:

We will never be able to quit. There will always be a sperg in need of instruction on proper dental hygiene, disco, and why Dukat was right. And they will always come back for more.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

DonDoodles posted:

You can check out any time you like.

But you can never leave.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Psycho Landlord posted:

You can check out any time you like.

But you can never leave.

:negative:

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/game-pack/detail/918-temporal-special-agent-pack

Literally the only thing that interests me in that is the T6 ballship, assuming you can use those costume parts for it.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Did they really just sell a T6 version of the most popular T5 lockbox ship? Can't wait for the reactions to that.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

They already had a T6 version of the bugship, and it was literally the first direct upgrade to a "special" ship too, so that ship's long past sailed. Kind of new to see it as just a c-store buy thought, but the originals look better anyway.

And guess that's confirmation of the expansion everyone knows was coming. The heavy TOS focus is a bit surprising though, I thought Cryptic was avoiding that due to not wanting to pay license fees and poo poo for it again...

Wait. "Unlocks for all TOS and Federation characters on an account?" :raise:

Asimo fucked around with this message at 09:48 on May 5, 2016

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
That pack is going to sell a lot, guaranteed.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Not gonna lie, I love the TOS-style boat, they look perfect. As in, like cheap fiberglass props just like the original series. :v:

If you can use the skins on the T6 versions then I might have to give in on this one. If not, then eh.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
Jesus Christ, what happened to the XP curve after level 55 or so? I'm was having fun zipping through the episodes and goofing around but now suddenly it's like one or two missions each level which leave most of the level left to fill. I'm like halfway through level 57? But the grind is getting increasingly daunting...

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Asimo posted:

Wait. "Unlocks for all TOS and Federation characters on an account?" :raise:

They're making a big thing on Temporal...

It sounds like they're going to be an entirely separate track somehow. But is it a complete split, or will they somehow re-integrate with the standard grind, and when? Those 31st century ships...are they crazy enough to split the player base?

quote:

Jesus Christ, what happened to the XP curve after level 55 or so? I'm was having fun zipping through the episodes and goofing around but now suddenly it's like one or two missions each level which leave most of the level left to fill. I'm like halfway through level 57? But the grind is getting increasingly daunting..

One of the things which made the drive to 60 unpopular was basically this.

DAVE!!!(c)(tm)
Feb 22, 2003

Empress Theonora posted:

Jesus Christ, what happened to the XP curve after level 55 or so? I'm was having fun zipping through the episodes and goofing around but now suddenly it's like one or two missions each level which leave most of the level left to fill. I'm like halfway through level 57? But the grind is getting increasingly daunting...

Admiralty helps a lot with the grind. Doffing used to be great for this, but they nerfed a lot of the high xp doff missions.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Empress Theonora posted:

I'm kind of surprised there's still a gap there, since Cryptic added a fuckload of feature episodes sine Delta Rising launched and didn't they specifically loosen the level restrictions there a few months back due to that? Well, whatever the case it's still way better than it was a year ago and the leveling stops mattering once you do hit 60 so it's just a temporary roadblock. Just keep all your doff jobs and admiralty slots filled.

Bloodly posted:

They're making a big thing on Temporal...

It sounds like they're going to be an entirely separate track somehow. But is it a complete split, or will they somehow re-integrate with the standard grind, and when? Those 31st century ships...are they crazy enough to split the player base?
:iiam:

I suspect that "TOS feds" and normal feds will share a ship pool, since Cryptic admitted that adding another faction's worth of ships to build forever was a huge mistake and skipping that part means adding a subfaction is way less daunting. The real question is what is different... leveling missions would be a given, probably uniform and race picks too, but who knows.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Ooooooooooooooo

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Ha! No t5/6 constituion enterprise. Get hosed pubbies!

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

There's also a 20€ pack which has the T1 Enterprise and the T6 temporal battlecruiser, which I guess could be ok if the battlecruiser has a good ship trait which it won't

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/game-pack/detail/926-temporal-agent-starter-pack

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

hakimashou posted:

Ha! No t5/6 constituion enterprise. Get hosed pubbies!

Remember how the Scimitar wasn't part of the Legacy of Romulus pack?

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
I love all the extra klank content in that pack.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Hahaha actually one of the ships from the most recent IQ leaks is conspicuously absent from the pack. Buyer beware.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

SKY COQ posted:

Remember how the Scimitar wasn't part of the Legacy of Romulus pack?

Thing is CBS won't let them do a T6 Connie.

Weird they'd let them do this.

Ah you can click the ship images to make them bigger

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Every ship at the T6 level mentions that it's 'inspired' by one of the earlier ship levels. If you actually can use the TOS skins on the T6 ones, I will be... intrigued.

Especially if the ballship lets you use the other ballship skin elements.

Tuskin38 posted:

Thing is CBS won't let them do a T6 Connie.

Weird they'd let them do this.

Ah you can click the ship images to make them bigger

The restriction was that TOS content couldn't be 'endgame' ships - it was always fine for T1-T4, and I guess T5 now. That's what makes me think that we might not be able to use the original skins on the T6 ones. But the fact that this is a time-travel based update might have convinced CBS to let them let it slide for the new design stuff.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 12:07 on May 5, 2016

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Sagittarius Class looks inspired by the the Ent-J, especially in the Saucer.

MikeJF posted:

The restriction was that TOS content couldn't be 'endgame' ships - it was always fine for T1-T4, and I guess T5 now. That's what makes me think that we might not be able to use the original skins on the T6 ones. But the fact that this is a time-travel based update might have convinced CBS to let them let it slide for the new design stuff.

Might have to do with the context as well. If the TOS Faction means we'll be in the past for a bunch of missions, they might allow it since we would be in that time period.

Tuskin38 fucked around with this message at 12:11 on May 5, 2016

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Tuskin38 posted:

Sagittarius Class looks inspired by the the Ent-J, especially in the Saucer.

Absolutely, especially with the deflector and that arch running down the middle.

But four nacelles, because some tasteless arsehole in the cryptic art department has a four-nacelle boner.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Oh god, you know what this means?

Blue TOS beams eveywhere. My poor ears.

I wonder if TOS Faction ships can use lower number registry numbers.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I genuinely do wonder what this means for Romulans and Klanks. There's just nothing for them. Hopefully the solution will be to allow them to use all temporal ships?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Do the nacelle caps spin on the TOS enterprise now?

They drat well better on these ships.

Tuskin38 posted:

I wonder if TOS Faction ships can use lower number registry numbers.

Well, the screencaps are all four-numbered.

SKY COQ posted:

I genuinely do wonder what this means for Romulans and Klanks. There's just nothing for them. Hopefully the solution will be to allow them to use all temporal ships?

Which annoys the hell out of me, because the Klingon Temporal Science Ship is the one good-looking future ship in the game (Okay, the romulan one isn't bad either), and it pisses me off that my Paradox wasn't a dreadnought version of my Klanker Temporal Ship. .

Federation 29th century design is awful. 26th Century (I assume those four are contemporaries of the Enterprise-J) is better, but not by much. Maybe when you set the hull skin to 24th century mode.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 12:31 on May 5, 2016

• Locked thread