Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Dangerous Person posted:

I don't know if it's just me but I'm having a really hard time following the action in that manga

Nope, same here. It's no Thunderbolt, for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

I love that the justification they come up for him being able to pilot the thing is "eh, the MMI for a prosthetic can sort of work like an AV system, right?"

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Katejina and Shakti kinda suck tho

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Baal posted:

Katejina and Shakti kinda suck tho

Most sensible explanation I've ever found for Katejina is that she gets Cyber-Newtyped after the Keilas Guilie battle. It's never stated in the show (and I suspect, given everything else, that Tomino was simply going for 'women just be crazy like that'), but it makes more sense than pretty much every other theory.

One good thing about BESPA Katejina, though (well, in the early days, before the crazy really takes hold) is that she's the second-smartest, most creative fighter in the show after Uso. Makes her fights pretty fun to watch.

Darth Walrus fucked around with this message at 02:39 on May 2, 2016

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I like Katejina just because she never quits. Just when you think she's reached the apex of crazy--BOOM. She takes it to the next level. It's like that episode of DBZ where they introduce SSJ3 but instead she just keeps making up new forms into infinity.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This sounds promising

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Lemon-Lime posted:

"Daddy" is not something that a grown man calls another grown man, Droyer.

Also generally, no, the dialogue is just super awkwardly worded.

it is, but it has certain implications :v:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Erg posted:

it is, but it has certain implications :v:

I mean in the context of normal, non-kinky conversation. :v:

I'm glad the T/Ns acknowledge it, at least.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
:(

I'm Shakti

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Shinjobi posted:

I like Katejina just because she never quits. Just when you think she's reached the apex of crazy--BOOM. She takes it to the next level. It's like that episode of DBZ where they introduce SSJ3 but instead she just keeps making up new forms into infinity.

The end with her is just drat heart breaking too.

Stockholm Syndrome is a scary thing.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

SeanBeansShako posted:

The end with her is just drat heart breaking too.

Stockholm Syndrome is a scary thing.

I dunno, it's significantly more optimistic than her simply dying in a mobile suit explosion.

She's physically and mentally scarred from the war, but she gets to effectively start over and try living a new life, despite all of the horrid things she did and was an accessory to.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Kanos posted:

I dunno, it's significantly more optimistic than her simply dying in a mobile suit explosion.

She's physically and mentally scarred from the war, but she gets to effectively start over and try living a new life, despite all of the horrid things she did and was an accessory to.

Slightly better fate considering the many others around her in that series now, still heart breaking though. The survivors of Victory Gundam are the saddest characters.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
what the hell are these things

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Really poorly rendered lower legs looks like

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Kuvo posted:

Something that will sadly never get a model kit.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

TaurusOxford posted:

Something that will sadly never get a model kit.

But weirdly, features all over the drat place in Gundam Breaker 2.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Kuvo posted:

Remember Duker Iq's mobile suit and battleship development plans? The giant tire things were part of those plans.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Kuvo posted:

Not Duker Iq's masterpieces, but close.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/RyougaSaotome/status/727956354699296768

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

Aaaiiiiiieeee I want that in the UK.

Anime Ltd have released MSG Blu-Ray here, with part 1 of Zeta coming in August, but I want my freakier series' more!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

According to their page for it it is getting a dub.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I'll definitely pick this up on blu ray.

blu ray quality SBS vs the Fenice and Kampher amazing vs Gm sniper k9? :hellyeah:

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

According to their page for it it is getting a dub.
I will laugh if they manage to get both Ramba and Murrue's English VAs on this project.

Not Dave
Aug 9, 2009

ATAI SUPER DRY IS
BREWED FROM QUALITY
ENGREDIENTS BY USING
OUR PURE CULTURE
YEAST AND ADVANCED
BREWING TECHNIQUES.

Lemon-Lime posted:

But weirdly, features all over the drat place in Gundam Breaker 2.

One was also added to the latest version of Gundam EXVS.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Kuvo posted:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Given the big ol' nerds who make Star Wars, I would be completely unsurprised if that thing was inspired by an Einerad.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
Finished ZZ. I didn't like it much, but there were some cool fight scenes.

Watching CCA tomorrow.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Xinder posted:

Finished ZZ. I didn't like it much, but there were some cool fight scenes.

Watching CCA tomorrow.

Wear a neck brace if you're going in directly from ZZ.

OZC
Jan 28, 2008

AradoBalanga posted:

I will laugh if they manage to get both Ramba and Murrue's English VAs on this project.

Sadly, they won't. They confirmed on Twitter that they're using the Animax Asia dub for this. So yeah, brace yourselves for that.

For anyone who hasn't experienced an Animax dub, well...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vdfIFZYJvw - ZZ Dub
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLI_d8dz8DI - AGE Dub

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

I dunno, the AGE one isn't TOO bad. I mean I wouldn't call it good, but it's a serious step forward from that ZZ dub.

Good gently caress, the idea that I'd call anything regarding AGE's anime a step forward in relation to any other Gundam series...

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
As much as I'm disappointed ZZ can't get an actual dub, I will live a life knowing Kazuki Yao is his only voice I will hear.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Darth Walrus posted:

Given the big ol' nerds who make Star Wars, I would be completely unsurprised if that thing was inspired by an Einerad.

You also had Beam Rotors in the Rebels cartoon.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Caros posted:

Wear a neck brace if you're going in directly from ZZ.

Seriously, expect nothing to be explained to you because it just dumps you right into the action.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

SeanBeansShako posted:

Seriously, expect nothing to be explained to you because it just dumps you right into the action.

Expecting explanations in a tomino project is bad policy in general.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

DamnGlitch posted:

Expecting explanations in a tomino project is bad policy in general.

Seriously, It's almost hilarious how confused you are in the first 15 minutes of CCA.

Music is great though! we don't talk about the music of that one enough.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
I think Thunderbolt might be my favorite gundam series now. After watching episode 4. And it's so conflicting; I liked Turn A because it took place in such a distant faraway future, it left to the imagination to wonder what kind of unspeakable horrors had to have happened for humanity to loop back towards 19th century tech; I still love BF because it got me into building model kits again. But thunderbolt, it does a better job than 08th MS Team at the whole "this is what war does. this is what you can expect" vibe.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Ka0 posted:

I think Thunderbolt might be my favorite gundam series now. After watching episode 4. And it's so conflicting; I liked Turn A because it took place in such a distant faraway future, it left to the imagination to wonder what kind of unspeakable horrors had to have happened for humanity to loop back towards 19th century tech; I still love BF because it got me into building model kits again. But thunderbolt, it does a better job than 08th MS Team at the whole "this is what war does. this is what you can expect" vibe.

Speaking of, Volume 7 recently got translated. I'll post a trip report when I'm done reading it.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Ka0 posted:

I didn't even know 4 was out.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

SeanBeansShako posted:

Seriously, It's almost hilarious how confused you are in the first 15 minutes of CCA.

The nu Gundam Theme is amazingly ominous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahViU8_KMBg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

SeanBeansShako posted:

the track that plays at the movies end perfectly encapsulates the bittersweet ending

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yz-jZOya_ws

Kuvo fucked around with this message at 19:54 on May 5, 2016