Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Goo P-Nut Sack posted:

In the long run most likely cheaper than succeeding at sub 25 stacks and blowing ~4 million silver worth of black stones because of it. (and wasting time running around dying on an alt waiting for it to disenchant)

Of course, there's always the possibility, however slim, that the grade of the armor does not affect enchantment rate.

Just.... plantin that there seed of doubt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Am not good at video games.

I'm going to loving die trying to get my liverto axe to 15. It's at 11 now, and I also have to finish working on my armor to 15 (chest will not loving move past 13. It just won't.)
Managing my slave and alchemical empire is the only thing that keeps me sane. But for how long?

I wish alchemists could make loving memory fragments. :rip:

Goo P-Nut Sack
Feb 10, 2009

Kaedric posted:

Of course, there's always the possibility, however slim, that the grade of the armor does not affect enchantment rate.

Just.... plantin that there seed of doubt

Well you're completely right, because last night I enchanted a piece of blue armor to +15 with eight fail stacks(~6% chance). Of course that's right after I ground skeletons for the last three days and haven't seen a single witch's earring. My luck is possibly the worst.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Kaedric posted:

Yay I guess, but this only devalues the crafting/worker ecosystem even more. It was already inferior to just farming mobs, and now the gulf just widens further. Not to whine too much, I just really enjoy crafting, and this game has a unique way of handling it that I enjoy, so it kinda sucks to have it be a pale shadow of grinding for cash.

EDIT: Although, I guess it is beneficial to have people out there at the camps, as it increases interaction between players + pvp. Maybe when node wars kick in I'll have a better leg to stand on, as even craftergoons will want to get whatever special node they need to craft with (presumably).

Not to get too particular because I get what you are saying, but it does not devalue any other means of obtaining income. That value remains the same, but you are correct that the silver/hour gap widened further and I do see that as an issue. I do think that this was a very good idea though. The problem is that the idea is incomplete. If this update were coupled with changes that increased the profitability of crafting and other income methods so that they are closer to grinding then I think that would have been a more ideal/complete patch.

Xavier434 fucked around with this message at 15:08 on May 5, 2016

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

The character creator is truly magical. They should license it.

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

I have clearly not spent anywhere near enough time in the character creator

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

Wilekat posted:

I have clearly not spent anywhere near enough time in the character creator

:10bux: for 30 days of unlimited character revisions is the best money I've spent on this game so far

Only Slightly Bent
Jul 6, 2013

Zeg posted:

I wish alchemists could make loving memory fragments. :rip:

Silver is worthless, fragments are forever!

Your Loyal Vizier posted:

:10bux: for 30 days of unlimited character revisions is the best money I've spent on this game so far

I think it's one of the better value items in the cash shop. There's not much reason to buy a one-time appearance modification at eight dollars when, for two dollars more, you can modify the appearance of any character (on the channel?) an unlimited number of times for 30 days.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

beautiful. the maximum shine effect is the perfect touch

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Xzov posted:

I think it's one of the better value items in the cash shop. There's not much reason to buy a one-time appearance modification at eight dollars when, for two dollars more, you can modify the appearance of any character (on the channel?) an unlimited number of times for 30 days.

I think it's account-wide, no restrictions. I'm an indecisive fiddler, so compared to stuff like GW2 where it's $8 per edit, no matter how small, that is a huge loyalty earner with me. I'll end up having a $10 ongoing subscription to the character creator, almost certainly.

The fact that they make occasional concessions like that (pets being account wide is another example) to non-whales is nice, it makes me more willing to buy stupid poo poo like lucky underwear.

A Spider Covets posted:

beautiful. the maximum shine effect is the perfect touch

I didn't realize shine was even an option, I'm going to turn that down on my tamer. She looks like a Twilight vampire every time I come up out da wahta

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007

I wanna move to Balenos01, also every one of Mibom's deaths after the first one were Elion's Tear instant revives.

On a side note, broken or bugged or not, Maehwa is probably the most fun class I have played in an MMO ever.

GreatestNerdEver fucked around with this message at 21:04 on May 5, 2016

crazystray
Aug 7, 2005
Grow or die.

GreatestNerdEver posted:

I wanna move to Balenos01, also every one of Mibom's deaths after the first one were Elion's Tear instant revives.

On a side note, broken or bugged or not, Maehwa is probably the most fun class I have played in an MMO ever.

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007

I know, it's so true, I appreciate your support friend.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Going from 12-13 on this blade is loving destroying me. 23 failures so far, it took my valk like 7 tries from 12-13

Bede
Jun 2, 2006

I wasn't even around for the goblin baby vote
Bo is doing God's work.

Seconding moving to B01, S01 doesnt have amusing war targets or hy_c murdering bad goons.

ioneye
Apr 24, 2008
Rothsfeld is killed by an ogre

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

https://twitter.com/MMORPGcom/status/728362422675902465

5k or so left

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ioneye posted:

Rothsfeld is killed by an ogre

His quest has just begun.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Going from 12-13 on this blade is loving destroying me. 23 failures so far, it took my valk like 7 tries from 12-13

I'm up to 30 on my yuria. Since it's way past the cap of helping I'm Just going to take that 30 stack and do two witch earrings and force the blade on an alt.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
I have such awful luck with upgrading I'm saving stacks for accessories and just watching the marketplace like a hawk. Ask me how much fun it is to fix a vangertz shield because it isn't. gently caress liverto and boss gear.

Placebo
Sep 21, 2009

Bede posted:

Bo is doing God's work.

Seconding moving to B01, S01 doesnt have amusing war targets or hy_c murdering bad goons.

Balenos is just a bunch of forever wars

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

I selflessly rescued an abandoned cat during the COVID-19 Pandemic :3:

I don't know guys, these gloves don't look so good and I'm missing my set bonus. Should I replace them with Agerian?

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Yeah sure I'll trade you for them.

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007

Placebo posted:

Balenos is just a bunch of forever wars

serendia is just a bunch of never wars (forever wars are more fun)

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Natalie Fartman posted:

I don't know guys, these gloves don't look so good and I'm missing my set bonus. Should I replace them with Agerian?

Hay Gurl :wink:

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

I selflessly rescued an abandoned cat during the COVID-19 Pandemic :3:

Excuse me, I identify as a fridge, thankyou.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

OK so I might do a small write up on how I've been playing Maehwa like I did with the Valk earlier. Now that I'm almost 51 I can say that she's probably the most fun I've had with a character combat wise in an MMO.

Abilities

Red Moon- This one ability you get from a black spirit quest early on is the main reason why you want to be a Maehwa. If you dont like flipping out and killing everything around you in a pink red stream of slashes and flower petals then look elsewhere. It does high damage in a circular aoe around you, it has an improved chance to crit (although minor by maehwa standards) and more importantly it guards everything at your front. If you are positioning yourself properly then you shouldn't be taking a whole lot of damage if any at all.

Decapitation- Your second strong aoe. This one just hits in a big cone in front of you, final hit stuns and the attack always crits. This is an important ability because it comes out quick (as long as you dont have 100% black spirit) and the stun allows you to chain off other abilities. Being at 100% BS makes the attack come out super slow just to hit harder. I dont think its worth it at all so burn off your spirit in another way.

Dragon Bite, Dragon Claw, Lunar Slash- A chain combo that hits pretty hard and knock ups if done completely. Dragon bite has you feint backwards before dashing forward and striking the enemy. Dragon Claw strikes the enemy with a sideways slash and finally lunar slash has you flip out and strike the enemy with a slash attack that knocks down.

Blooming- An overhead slash that when upgraded creates a flurry of illusion slashes. Stuns and bleeds the enemy. Comes out ridiculously slow if hard casted. Thats why you chain it from other attacks to make it come out instantly.

Blind Slash- A quick stab that can be chained from many attacks. It hits pretty hard when you are starting out and it gives you a 10 second crit buff. Pretty important to lead with this somewhere before you start flipping out with Red Moon.

Nemesis thrust- All you want from this is the ultimate version that creates a whirlwind that regenerates a ton of health.

Carver- A quick upward slash followed by a downward one. When upgraded fully it has you go loving crazy with like 5 quick quick attacks finishing in a knockdown.

Whirlwind Cut- Your basic sidestep slash attack, useful like in every class. This one also adds an -10dp debuff to enemies when ugpraded.

Prioritize RM, Decapitat and the lunar slash combo. If you feel like you are chugging too much pots then use points to get nemesis slash earlier.

So now that you know all the core abilities how is it that you actually play it? Starting out all you need to do is just kill things with blind thrust till you get red moon. After that you just use red moon and everything dies, maaaybe you need to use decapitate.

Later on, 46+, things start to get harder. You need to start chaining things in between RMs and more importantly ranged mobs will start destroying you. If you alternate between Decapitate, Bloom, Lunar Slash, Carver + Bloom between the RMs you shouldn't have an issue killing + staying safe.

If you are getting chunked for some reason, despite all your stuns and invulnerabilities then chances are a ranged mob or two are shooting at you and you havent noticed. I've been grinding helms at 50 with pretty bog standard gear and at first I was thinking "Hey maybe the DP bug is real" but then I noticed that the ones loving me up were the ranged ones. The moment I started killing them first my survivability increased tenfold. I'm not even using pots that much anymore.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 20:28 on May 6, 2016

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Natalie Fartman posted:

Excuse me, I identify as a fridge, thankyou.

Hay fridge

:wink:

Goo P-Nut Sack
Feb 10, 2009

Uhg hopefully they get those extra channels back up and running soon, it was crowded before but now it's just insane. I can't go anywhere without running into two dozen people trying to farm the same poo poo.

And because of karma being completely broken you can't even kick anyone out of a zone or contest anything because they'll just zerg back in over and over with zero penalty while you almost instantly go negative. :\

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
Musa boss armor looks great

Become a tribal hobo

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Trogdos! posted:

Become a tribal hobo

Hahahaha. I hope they don't all look like this.

In other news, tonight I watched my girlfriend who can't figure out skill combos or read a Dulfy guide discover the Swift Khuruto Fighter. She traded one blow with him, saw the results and released a word I will not repeat here, and then fled, escaping without issue. Watching her learn continues to be wonderful and I can only assume the rest of you who keep dying to him are a terrible disgrace.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Your Loyal Vizier posted:

Hahahaha. I hope they don't all look like this.

In other news, tonight I watched my girlfriend who can't figure out skill combos or read a Dulfy guide discover the Swift Khuruto Fighter. She traded one blow with him, saw the results and released a word I will not repeat here, and then fled, escaping without issue. Watching her learn continues to be wonderful and I can only assume the rest of you who keep dying to him are a terrible disgrace.

(they all look like this)

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Grondoth posted:

(they all look like this)

They really want us to buy costumes, goddamn.

Ffycchi
Jun 4, 2014

Sigh...challenge accepted...shitty photoshop incoming.

Im happy with my weapon.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
sick ghillie suit

CyanEyed
Mar 3, 2015

For anyone who was mildly curious about the new armor set. it's basically +14.5 grunil with no AP.

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

Sorc Chat: Upgrading my Yuria to blue. Which one of the upgrades should I be going for? I figure it must be crit or one of the attack/cast speeds, but it occurs to me I don't actually know what my stat priorities are.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Wilekat posted:

Sorc Chat: Upgrading my Yuria to blue. Which one of the upgrades should I be going for? I figure it must be crit or one of the attack/cast speeds, but it occurs to me I don't actually know what my stat priorities are.

Doesn't matter really since gems will make up for the other stat. FYI you want casting speed over attack speed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Wilekat posted:

Liverto.

But in all seriousness, crit is "harder" to get than casting speed, in terms of availability/tradeoff. If you're rolling with the heve/agerian combo that was "best" before grunil, 2x infinity memory crystals in the helmet and the glove bonus will max out your cast speed. So I'd recommend getting crit with an upgrade.