Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
i actually kind of yearn for the days when a full on spin bot would race through a 40 person server and kill everyone in 10 seconds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

quote:

New Valve Anti-Cheat technology caught a few people cheating in Counter-Strike: Source and other games this week -- over 10,000. VAC detects anyone using cheat software and permanently bans their Steam account. We expect to see a surge of forum posts laying blame squarely at the feet of "Mumble's crosshair overlay."

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Is there a way to edit my sound so that gun fire isn't as loud or I can increase footstep sounds?

BeRandom
Mar 20, 2011

sterster posted:

Is there a way to edit my sound so that gun fire isn't as loud or I can increase footstep sounds?

In-game, probably not. Maybe you can mess with some equalizer settings in windows or your sound card.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

sterster posted:

lolsound. Half of the games I'm in my sound is so hosed I hear footsteps on the wrong side of me, phantom grenades and other weird poo poo.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
i alt tab alot and its very disconcerting to hear my team dying right next to me when in reality theyre on the other side of the map

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

sterster posted:

You can edit the voice volume, but individual game sounds no.

I remember way back even before 1.6 I loaded up a spin bot with a friend and emptied a few servers, changed our names to have MyG0t in them as well. IIRC the cheat had some in game menu and added wireframe dudes through the wall.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Up Circle posted:

i alt tab alot and its very disconcerting to hear my team dying right next to me when in reality theyre on the other side of the map

Did the last update not fix that

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
i havent played cs in like 6 weeks so possibly.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

sterster posted:

You can edit the level of individual sound entities in the audio menu on organner if that helps?

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
You played last night bro

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

Permanently banned from the Alamo
Got ranked. Silver 4, ok, cool, not absolute trash-tier, that's good.
Proceed to get my rear end handed to me on the next 3 competitive matches.
Welp, guess I'm garbage.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Silver 4 is in fact trash tier but don't feel too bad about it. I got ranked silver 2 when I first started .

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
does the pro scene in this game have actual interesting strats or does it just boil down to 'that guy shoots gun better than the other guy'

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

Snazzy Frocks posted:

does the pro scene in this game have actual interesting strats or does it just boil down to 'that guy shoots gun better than the other guy'

what is life but just living to die

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
That loving ugly shade of Steam-green and barf yellow loading bar bring me vivid memories of a time where Steam was literally a colossal pile of poo poo. At least those days are mostly over.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Translatino: nop

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

If you ignore his silly voice, this is a nice illustration of a pre-prepared T-side strat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyMxC98ANSk

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
so assuming everyone can headshot each other a mile away with rifles, the rest of the game is determined by grenade placement?

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Positioning, timing, anti-stratting, nade placement, awareness, trading, mid-round calls and adjustments

you can't simplify it down to one thing. there's a reason it's the #1 competitive FPS for the past 16 years.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

mcvey posted:

Positioning, timing, anti-stratting, nade placement, awareness, trading, mid-round calls and adjustments

you can't simplify it down to one thing. there's a reason it's the #1 competitive FPS for the past 16 years.

uhh, have you heard of Call of Duty: Modern warfare : Black Ops 3

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

as someone who can't aim, this update (cl_weapon_debug_show_accuracy) is good for me, it is easier to get a better feel for movement and spray inaccuracy versus show_impacts. Is there anyway to get something like this to run on top of a demo?

I'm also mad about this: – Significantly reduced holiday cheer.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Jeza posted:

If you ignore his silly voice, this is a nice illustration of a pre-prepared T-side strat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyMxC98ANSk

jesus christ i can't stand hatton's voice

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Na'vi was always my favorite when it came to running strats because they'd wait until like 20 seconds left until round end and execute some bullshit. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't, but it was always fun to see them just kind of poking around for the first minute or so of the round. Are they still like that? I haven't followed in forever.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

annoying high pitched british guy talking about CS with poo poo monster cat music in the background, cheers for the subscriptions boys check out my other video talking about nade spots that everyone knows about already

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Snazzy Frocks posted:

dota 2 is world of warcraft

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

Na'vi was always my favorite when it came to running strats because they'd wait until like 20 seconds left until round end and execute some bullshit. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't, but it was always fun to see them just kind of poking around for the first minute or so of the round. Are they still like that? I haven't followed in forever.
Yeah.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Luna Was Here posted:

3kp made infernew, has some good ideas, some that ain't, but it's less of a flaming garbage pile than his newke
https://youtu.be/I8SItnJStSo

A site looks better, B is a hilarious spool-y mess.

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

Is there any particular reason that people don't like to play Italy? I feel like I'm almost always winding up at Dust 2 or Mirage. Is there some basic flaw about Italy that I don't realize?

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

It's a hostage map

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Hostage maps were way better when you could just kill the hostages and then hide for the rest of the round.

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

mcvey posted:

It's a hostage map

"If I'm not blowing something up then I'm not having fun"

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Ok

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

UWBW posted:

No, he's right.

Hostage maps are incredibly boring and hilariously T-sided. Both teams actually need to work as separate entities in order to make de_ maps work, which is far more competitive and engaging.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

UWBW posted:

good luck ever actually rescuing a hostage without killing every T first.

unlike in bomb defusal, where you regularly win with 1-2 CT's left, and ninja defusals on CT side are a legit strategy.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Insertion and agency were good GO hostie maps

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

My perspective is probably super skewed by playing it in Casual so much. It's a fun map for deathmatch, though, all sorts of fun places to hide.

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

UWBW posted:

My perspective is probably super skewed by playing it in Casual so much. It's a fun map for deathmatch, though, all sorts of fun places to hide.

Competitive cs_Italy is the most t-sided thing in the game. I play office from time to time, but Italy isn't even worth queuing for.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

mcvey posted:

Insertion and agency were good GO hostie maps
Hahahahahahah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

symbolic posted:

Hahahahahahah.

Not a bold statement I don't think, seems like a lot of people felt that way about it.