Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Zephyrine posted:

A majority of people who read this thread are regular goons thinking "This game sounds interesting. Let's see what's going on in thi OH DEAR GOD WHAT IS WRONG WITH EVE GOONS!?"

Then they flee and never return.

From what I've heard, the stigma surrounding the eve thread is widely circulated and most people already know precisely how terrible evegoons are before setting foot in here.

That or they're j4gs and deserve everything that's coming to them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Zephyrine posted:

A majority of people who read this thread are regular goons thinking "This game sounds interesting. Let's see what's going on in thi OH DEAR GOD WHAT IS WRONG WITH EVE GOONS!?"

Then they flee and never return.

bullshit, everyone not a recent reg has already tried eve and said HOLY poo poo THIS GAME SUCKS and rightly moved on

and it was recovering till you dropped this bullshit

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

cravius posted:

So I see a common thread where dudes like Venom complain that those leaving don't stay and try and reform GSF from within. How exactly do you see that reform happening? I'm too lazy to go dig it up but I remember a Mittens post talking about how it's easier to just get rid of dissenters than address their complaints. (I think this was the post about how truegoons go fuckgoons) anyway, what's an average line member gonna do? It's not like we can vote the current leadership out. It's pretty frustrating so a lot of guys just leave to a better cultural fit.

Also it was already in this hosed up state before I joined, so I don't see why the onus would be on me to unfuck it instead of just leaving (which is what I did).

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

vyst posted:

Look at this scrub that doesn't know his hammer history

I don't listen to low tier rappers like him.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

VideoGames posted:

I am sad for this thread currently.

I'll stop the silliness once Cinco De Mayo is over.

TEQUILA DOES THINGS TO ME OK?

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

bullshit, everyone not a recent reg has already tried eve and said HOLY poo poo THIS GAME SUCKS and rightly moved on

and it was recovering till you dropped this bullshit

When 3 days later people were still making callouts when I entered the thread. It was getting obvious that I had to throw everything out there or leave the thread entirely. And I wasn't going to let the lot of you push me out of the thread to save you some embarrassment.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

goninzo posted:

Setting up a new corp in Eve Online, a Kismeteer primer:

First of all, congrats on your new corporation. RIP your social life if it gets popular.

Secondly, make sure you OWN the corp forever. Immediately give yourself the shares or make new ones, max amount is good. you also want to decide a couple key things, like what to put in your corp description. Small corps tend to do a public channel to help talk to people in a group to an individual or anyone looking for details on you. I also recommend making a clear person in charge of external contacts so it isn't just always the CEO, as some CEOs are famous for not logging in.

Third, decide where you're going to live and what you're going to do. What you do is easy. Picking your system is a hard process. For those doing mining, reprocessing and having plentiful things to mine is a good thing. Lots of belts with low mining population is good. Having a station with reprocessing is good. Having a good undock on that station is good. Having a free moon without having to do a war dec to kill an offline pos is good. These are all things that are hard to plan initially, but once you have your place, it's all good. Good news is that if it all goes pear shaped, pubbie hauling is cheap and plentiful, though not always reliable.

Fourth, if you want to give people access through titles. You want to setup titles that are tied to roles, not just give roles themselves. You can remove a role from a title with two button clicks, removing all roles from individuals is time consuming In particular, you generally will set different tier of roles for different people. For a base miner, they might need visibility into a certain hanger. This can be added by giving them 'view'. Realize that once you give someone roles, they cannot be removed from the group for 24 hours, minimum. So don't be completely cavalier about it.

Once you have that person mining for the corp for awhile, you can also give them rights to 'access' a can. You should make this a separate title. Using titles means that you can easily see that person's rights by just being logged in. You can also give them individual titles like Config Equipment, allowing them to drop bubbles for the corp, or more complete access like Config Starbase Equipment, which gives them complete POS control, or Station Manager, which allows them to rent and control offices or outposts.

When you REALLY REALLY trust someone, you can give them Full Director. Directors can do everything that a CEO can. Including stealing the corp if you don't secure the shares. A director are also the only one that give titles to other people.

Finally, you want to setup the hangers to accommodate your lifestyle. You want a hanger for just the CEO and full directors, goons use one called Taxes. You want one for newbie ships if you're going to do that, Goons used Mentors. And then you want one for your general 'purpose', maybe Mining.

In those hangers, you want, whenever possible, to use containers to track who is moving what, where. I prefer Station Warehouses, they cost 2 mil isk and hold 100 mil m^3 , but you can also use a Station Container which costs 20k to hold 1 mil m^3, or Station Vault Container which costs 200k to hold 10 mil m^3. You will fill the second two, but filling the first one takes a bit of doing. These you can set Passwords on if you want, and that way, people can only drop stuff into these containers if they don't know the password. If they do know it, then they can pull stuff out. You can also configure the containers to lock when things are dropped in. And you have an audit log to see what they added and removed. If you put ships in any of these, they cannot be put into containers UNLESS they are repackaged.

Anyway, the 101 'how to setup your mining corp' that I did for VG because I like helping people.

I'm hauling VGS poo poo from his old hq to the new one :hi5:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Unfunny Poster posted:

I don't listen to low tier rappers like him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otCpCn0l4Wo

Excuse me :crossarms:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Zephyrine posted:

When 3 days later people were still making callouts when I entered the thread. It was getting obvious that I had to throw everything out there or leave the thread entirely. And I wasn't going to let the lot of you push me out of the thread to save you some embarrassment.

I'm literally the person that told you to post your loving drama what is wrong with you and that poo poo you're responding to is entirely a response to the post I quoted

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

cravius posted:

So I see a common thread where dudes like Venom complain that those leaving don't stay and try and reform GSF from within. How exactly do you see that reform happening? I'm too lazy to go dig it up but I remember a Mittens post talking about how it's easier to just get rid of dissenters than address their complaints. (I think this was the post about how truegoons go fuckgoons) anyway, what's an average line member gonna do? It's not like we can vote the current leadership out. It's pretty frustrating so a lot of guys just leave to a better cultural fit.

I mean, you could start with saying what the reforms you want are, either in this thread or hit me up on jabber (if I ignore you though, it's likely that i'm on one computer and it went to the other so I may respond in a few hours). I am always happy to listen to complaints and address them if I can. Sometimes, there are people you can't make happy - either because what they want and what everyone else wants are incompatible, or because they're just kind of a shitler (and my guess is, that's what the mittens post you're thinking of is about) - but most of the time there's something that we can work on.

Other Barry
Jun 5, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Zephyrine posted:

We can associate with alleged doxxers and you can associate with neonazis and we can see who feels better at the end of the day

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Personally I don't see why people give so much of a poo poo about ~the leadership~ and ~the direction~ of goonwhatever. It is eminently possible to find a group of people you like Doing A Spaceship with in our big dumb coalition and then never poking your head outside that group again, all while remaining under the sheltering umbrella of all our established quality of life stuff.

Don't like space-TPS-reports? Don't get a spacejob (or, get a spacejob that doesn't require you to fill out space-tps-reports, which is most of them). e: additionally, don't be offended when you get purged from your spacejob for not actually doing your spacejob. Space-TPS-reports are one thing, getting a title and then promptly loving off while reveling in your newfound space-importance is another.

Don't like interceptor fleets? Do something with miniluv or badops foreign legion or just join a loving caracal fleet who cares? Hell, just grab a handful of friends in some kitchen sink bullshit and go look for a fight.

Don't like :yikes: stuff like doxxing or *-ism? First, learn yourself with respect to what doxxing actually is because the definition some of you are working with is loving comical, then when something actually lovely happens holler and bleat about wherever you want it because people don't actually get purged for not ~bending the knee~ and probably there will be a bunch of Imperium folks who agree with you. (See: questionable blackops channels).

ChickenWing fucked around with this message at 22:14 on May 5, 2016

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Have a screenshot of Boulder, thread :D

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
oh no you've grown so powerful you're blotting out a star :ohdear:

April Fool
Apr 1, 2016

VideoGames posted:

:kimchi:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

oh no you've grown so powerful you're blotting out a star :ohdear:

I really enjoy the cool shadowy light behind the ship effects :D

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

VideoGames posted:

:glomp:

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

VideoGames posted:

I wish I could actually run the game on high settings cause it really is quite pretty.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

evilweasel posted:

I mean, you could start with saying what the reforms you want are, either in this thread or hit me up on jabber (if I ignore you though, it's likely that i'm on one computer and it went to the other so I may respond in a few hours). I am always happy to listen to complaints and address them if I can. Sometimes, there are people you can't make happy - either because what they want and what everyone else wants are incompatible, or because they're just kind of a shitler (and my guess is, that's what the mittens post you're thinking of is about) - but most of the time there's something that we can work on.

Hey, I appreciate your accessibility, seriously. Good to know its not all just lip service.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
This thread feels like what a forum combining pro wrestlers and pro wrestling fans would be like.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

VideoGames posted:

~I was there~

Seriously though helping VG out is pretty cool. We got your back, friend.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Vando posted:

This thread feels like what a forum combining pro wrestlers and pro wrestling fans would be like.

Some fans haven't realized it's fake yet :ssh:

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

evilweasel posted:

FWIW, if weasel doesn't pick up, feel free to ping me as well, any medium you want. I haven't been around as long, but worst case, I don't know why something is the way it is, and I'll try to find out.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Ad by Khad posted:

~I was there~

Seriously though helping VG out is pretty cool. We got your back, friend.

You're all awesome :D Everyone in the thread is awesome!

Boulder is doing Grandfather Rock proud!

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Other Barry posted:

We can associate with alleged doxxers and you can associate with neonazis and we can see who feels better at the end of the day

Where are these neo-nazi posts you claim Gorski made? Give a link.

Thanks.

Edit - Also "alleged doxxers" isn't really applicable when on at least one occasions GSF directors admitted to doxxing someone here on SA. I get you want to make a revisionist history, but try not to do it so lazily.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
"Our Void S will blot out the sun."

"Then we will mine in the shade."

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
We should just all fly this cheerful fellow

He's got eyes and a smile and everything!

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

We should just all fly this cheerful fellow

He's got eyes and a smile and everything!

And now it's ruined forever.

It's like when I had to stop flying the Dominix.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dr. Pangloss posted:

For my part, I think we are missing the mark with the Fabian Strategy.

Thing is, I can't agree with this. Iv seen it work in EVE multiple times.

cravius posted:

It's pretty easy to talk to directors these days with Elysium and just bothering to seek them out. And the reason I complain is I don't like it when valuable people leave, Id rather them stay and try to make a difference because leaving just makes it harder on all the people trying to fix poo poo. Although it's a video game and people are free to go and do what they want.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

I love how pretty this game is! I want to make lots of silly posters for RVCMF.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ChickenWing posted:

Personally I don't see why people give so much of a poo poo about ~the leadership~ and ~the direction~ of goonwhatever. It is eminently possible to find a group of people you like Doing A Spaceship with in our big dumb coalition and then never poking your head outside that group again, all while remaining under the sheltering umbrella of all our established quality of life stuff.

Don't like space-TPS-reports? Don't get a spacejob (or, get a spacejob that doesn't require you to fill out space-tps-reports, which is most of them). e: additionally, don't be offended when you get purged from your spacejob for not actually doing your spacejob. Space-TPS-reports are one thing, getting a title and then promptly loving off while reveling in your newfound space-importance is another.

Don't like interceptor fleets? Do something with miniluv or badops foreign legion or just join a loving caracal fleet who cares? Hell, just grab a handful of friends in some kitchen sink bullshit and go look for a fight.

Don't like :yikes: stuff like doxxing or *-ism? First, learn yourself with respect to what doxxing actually is because the definition some of you are working with is loving comical, then when something actually lovely happens holler and bleat about wherever you want it because people don't actually get purged for not ~bending the knee~ and probably there will be a bunch of Imperium folks who agree with you. (See: questionable blackops channels).

What is the correct definition of doxxing we should use? Is posting a rivals personal out of game information for everyone if enough people vote a GSF guy onto the CSM doxxing? What about posting an OKCupid profile of an in-game enemy to win a slapfight on Kugu?

I'm trying to figure out what you deem the bar to be.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Unfunny Poster posted:

This was the same post made on BNI's director forums during their whole issue where their leadership drove out people who were useful because they couldn't handle criticism.

I hope you learn from this piece of information Venom Snake.

I kinda see the opposite happening here as far as driving out criticism. And nothing in my post mentioned that people who dissent should be axed.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Venom Snake posted:

Thing is, I can't agree with this. Iv seen it work in EVE multiple times.

It's pretty easy to talk to directors these days with Elysium and just bothering to seek them out. And the reason I complain is I don't like it when valuable people leave, Id rather them stay and try to make a difference because leaving just makes it harder on all the people trying to fix poo poo. Although it's a video game and people are free to go and do what they want.

Yes bitching in Elysium will effect change

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

VideoGames posted:

I tried my hand at making banner ads back when GSF requested them. Somebody bought one of them, even.

Though my original banners nearly got me laughed out of GSF because I was so positive.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

cravius posted:

it actually does, some of the time

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

VideoGames posted:

i am so tempted to resub my years-old mining alt and join you guys

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

cravius posted:

Hence the added on "bothering to seek them out" part to. Directors don't bite.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Siets posted:

I was tooling around on Sisi in C5 wormholes this morning and kept seeing Naglfar after Naglfar. I started chatting up one of the testers and he said that they figured out how to solo capital escalated C5 sites with Naglfars. They just have a couple buddies warp to the site to trigger the escalation and then they warp off while the Naglfar solos it. They can even blap the frigates all by themselves as long as they have a web fitted.

:stare:

Soooo yeah. C5 residents are about to get Rich. As. gently caress.

there are videos from 2015 of a dude soloing C5 sites in a nag, did something about the Citadel patch make it so this shouldn't be possible now?

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Evilweasel has been making some low-to- no-hurf, real talk, good posts. Can we make him CEO? What a journey from being a SA mod back on the day where Eve chat was gulag'd away.

It's Videogames in five to six years :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
nice try dude

• Locked thread