Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]
Man I can see this horse game becoming real addictive guys. Cya next week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I didn't realize the price point was so low on Pocket Card Jockey. I'll just pick that up tonight, then. I could use a weird horse gambling solitaire vehicle.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Guys, the real seller in the new releases is clearly Ssssnakes, Indiana Jones title font and all. It was good enough for cell phones 15 years ago, it's good enough for handheld consoles now :colbert:.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
When's stuff go up on the NA eshop, in like an hour ?

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Granbar posted:

Man I can see this horse game becoming real addictive guys. Cya next week.

I've already got twelve hours logged on the demo alone. I might never stop playing this game once it comes out.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
It's up. I'm watching orbs fill a square with a horse wearing a card on its head as I type this. Those balls can't drop fast enough.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I can't believe this game is only $7. So good

edit: can't wait to do some breeding too .... I think we can share our horses via QR codes too once they're retired somehow? idk, I can't really figure out how that works

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Whoa I lost 3 races in a row and instead of bitching me out and threatening to take my horse away like he used to, Mr. Blingman gave me $20,000 to go buy some items to help me race better. Jokes on him tho I'm spending it all in the weird robot puzzle piece gatcha machine

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

In horse solitaire right before the final stretch where you get to move your horse one last time (but there's no solitaire left) are you still supposed to aim for the comfort zone or could you just try to move out in front to position yourself better

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Help Im Alive posted:

In horse solitaire right before the final stretch where you get to move your horse one last time (but there's no solitaire left) are you still supposed to aim for the comfort zone or could you just try to move out in front to position yourself better

Not sure if comfort zone comes into play for the last turn yet, but it seems most beneficial to either move ahead or to the middle/outside of the turn to avoid the crowd if your only option is being stuck in the middle/behind.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I'm watching polygon's video about horse cards right now, and this looks like it's like 1 million% my poo poo :staredog:
How did I not hear about this game until like this week

Pryce
May 21, 2011

deadly_pudding posted:

I'm watching polygon's video about horse cards right now, and this looks like it's like 1 million% my poo poo :staredog:
How did I not hear about this game until like this week

This is literally how I felt when I saw the video. This is the perfect game for me. And then as a double bonus, you then discover this beautiful gem is $8. Can't wait to get home.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I think my new second horse (some flaming horse) has a short temper or something, because his stock hands are pretty slim and I've been failing to finish a bunch of hands with it. On this last race I got "runaway horse" for the first time on the last turn... Only to have my horse furiously plow the gently caress through the other horses into first and haul rear end down the homestretch uncontested. I get it now, this is simply a light solitaire game and the horse poo poo is all a joke where there's very little rhyme or reason and anything can happen.

general chaos
May 20, 2001
Are either of the two Resident Evil titles worth looking at? Our focus is on multiplayer and as I understand it, Mercenaries' multiplayer modes differ somewhat from Revelations' raid mode.

We have c-sticks and circle pad pros ready, though I imagine the full circle pad acting as a bit of an advantage.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Revelations is pretty good, but the c-stick was too frustrating. Circle Pad Pro will undoubtedly work much better.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

enojy posted:

I think my new second horse (some flaming horse) has a short temper or something, because his stock hands are pretty slim and I've been failing to finish a bunch of hands with it. On this last race I got "runaway horse" for the first time on the last turn... Only to have my horse furiously plow the gently caress through the other horses into first and haul rear end down the homestretch uncontested. I get it now, this is simply a light solitaire game and the horse poo poo is all a joke where there's very little rhyme or reason and anything can happen.

This is about how I feel which was why I didn't enjoy it much. It's just a lot of disappointment around a bad solitaire game.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

3DS Mario Golf is good, right?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Sakurazuka posted:

3DS Mario Golf is good, right?

Yep.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

This is about how I feel which was why I didn't enjoy it much. It's just a lot of disappointment around a bad solitaire game.

Have you considered getting good at games and not being bad at them?

il-landier
Jan 28, 2008

Pocket Card Jockey, GOTY 2016.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

LODGE NORTH posted:

Have you considered getting good at games and not being bad at them?

Wanna lobby to steal this post for the new Monster Hunter thread title.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

enojy posted:

I'm in the opposite boat. I'm having a great streak of wins with the Rapidash horse. Been getting heaps of Super Unity's.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/728460145554923520

8am Eastern Tuesday. Half an hour earlier than the Persona 5 announcement.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
New Nintendo Direct coming next week!

...For Culdcept Revolt.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I think for Pocket Card Jockey, it's expected that you're gonna lose some races, maybe even a lot with your first horse. But you grind up a stable of horses, get better at making predictions (especially with regards to the round where you draw your route) and eventually you'll have a horse that can beat the odds. Don't get angry. Don't be a Runaway Horse.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

enojy posted:

I'm confused. Did you ultimately win the race? Or do you get a bad score or something if you win the race without finishing the solitaire hand?

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
Please change my name to "The Guff Machine"

katkillad2 posted:

Did anyone buy the Steamworld Heist dlc? If so how is it and how many additional missions does it add? At what point in the game can you start playing the dlc?

I got it, seems pretty good overall. I think it adds around 5-7 missions, although I haven't played all of them yet, along with the new character. He(?) is essentially a heavy character with the gimmick of gaining "charges" from killing enemies, which he can use to either fire a laser that goes through obstacles and enemies or heal himself. There's also a bunch of new hats, including RPG some references and some new guns, although I haven't really come across or bothered to use ones that were just variants of the existing ones. Conveniently enough, all the new stuff that comes from the DLC is marked with the new character's face next to their name.

You can start playing it right away and it's integrated into the story, although you can't get the new character until the end of the first area.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The only thing that is annoying in horse solitaire is when you've got it down to one card with like 10 left in the pile + none of them are the card you needed

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Help Im Alive posted:

The only thing that is annoying in horse solitaire is when you've got it down to one card with like 10 left in the pile + none of them are the card you needed

Look at all these poor fools who never learned to trust in the Heart of the Cards

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

deadly_pudding posted:

Look at all these poor fools who never learned to trust in the Heart of the Cards

I had over 100 hours in Yu-Gi-Oh! World Championship 2008 on Nintendo DS - please don't talk to me about the Heart of the Cards

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

My second horse has lost every single race except his first. He's at something like 1/10. Weirdly though, nobody has ever threatened to fire me, my sponsor just keeps coming along and giving me piles of money because he feels sorry for me.

I think I might be a charity case and I'm *so* bad they're keeping me on the books out of pity...

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Nettle Soup posted:

My second horse has lost every single race except his first. He's at something like 1/10. Weirdly though, nobody has ever threatened to fire me, my sponsor just keeps coming along and giving me piles of money because he feels sorry for me.

I think I might be a charity case and I'm *so* bad they're keeping me on the books out of pity...

Well your jockey does make it seem (s)he's missing a few cards from the deck. :v:

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Rexroom posted:

New Nintendo Direct coming next week!

...For Culdcept Revolt.

I really hope this gets an English release. I really enjoyed the console versions, and had been wondering if there was ever going to be another version made at some point.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

That carrot must be made of gold, or two lottery tickets.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

SelenicMartian posted:

That carrot must be made of gold, or two lottery tickets.

Yeah what the hell I'm on my third horse (with the pop star sponsor) and all the items are incredible expensive. And I'm losing a lot lol but my horse has a cat riding on it so I don't care

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Silver Falcon posted:

I'm confused. Did you ultimately win the race? Or do you get a bad score or something if you win the race without finishing the solitaire hand?

Haha yea I won that one, but luckily I guess. The runaway horse mechanic seems to be "horse gets pissed and hauls rear end for a bit, but runs out of steam in the homestretch." I think it was maybe a G3 or G2 race, so the other horses weren't super strong, just sort of strong. It happened again in the last turn of a G1 race, and I did pull ahead, but ended up choking hard in the homestretch and came in like 10th as the other horses passed me by.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Horse game is great, especially because Death to America fits perfectly in the horse name limit. There's a lot of fun to be had with that.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Crosspeice posted:

Death to America

Sold

Fickle Isthmus
Aug 2, 2003

I've not turned up yet 'ave I?
My second horse is the fire one. I named it Cinco de Cuatro and it has only lost one race so far, it was my fault for screwing up on the start cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Nettle Soup posted:

It seems like they only get mad if you lose the debut race. Mad enough to fire you if you lose that three times.