Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012
I suggested a crossover with Lupin the 3rd, once; apparently people aren't really that keen on crossovers anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

RandallODim posted:

Character-based Safehouse content? I am ready for Bonnie's pile of whiskey bottles.

I know what I'm putting in my safehouse :v:

Shooting Blanks posted:

Seems like they made ED1 harder to rush for stealth - trying it now on OK and fewer containers seem to be open. Can anyone confirm/deny?

Wait, you mean there are ways to complete ED1 WITHOUT hacking the computer?

Alternatively, I can't yet. I'll see soonish.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?

widespread posted:

Wait, you mean there are ways to complete ED1 WITHOUT hacking the computer?

poo poo, I never have hacked it. I've always just ECM rushed and tagged a truck at random.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

The truck will always be a unique company - on DW this is more difficult since you can't look across the pier, but this eliminates 4 trucks immediately. To eliminate the trucks based on color, run around looking for open containers. If an open container contains anything OTHER than signs that say "VOTE!" the trucks of that color are not correct. As an example:

The companies are Avalon, Hefty, Omni, and Kranich. Of the 6 possible trucks, 4 of them will be 2 sets of duplicates. Those 4 trucks are immediately eliminated. Out of the two remaining trucks, let's say they are red and blue. If you find a red OR a blue container, you will know if it is correct or incorrect - if there's VOTE signs inside, pick that one, if anything else, pick the other one. On DW, it's easiest to just sprint and look for open containers to eliminate colors, then sprint for the end to tag a truck. based on what you know. It's 100% accurate IF you can get all the information together. Otherwise, take your best guess.

Shooting Blanks fucked around with this message at 23:39 on May 4, 2016

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Meldonox posted:

Speaking as someone who was alive in the 80s myself, you know what would be his perfect time capsule safehouse? Something 80s as all poo poo that's been dead and buried long enough that no one has thought about it for nearing twenty years?

A mom and pop video store. That would be perfect for him.

"No charge, man. It's on the house."

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Assuming each character gets a safehouse, I'm not sure which one I'm looking forward to more - Jacket or Jimmy.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Shooting Blanks posted:

Assuming each character gets a safehouse, I'm not sure which one I'm looking forward to more - Jacket or Jimmy.

This is one of the least safe assumptions.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

watho posted:

This is one of the least safe assumptions.

I'm just going off the last bullet in the FAQ about Jiro's safehouse. Don't steal my dreams!

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Discendo Vox posted:

So for example: if you don’t own the Yakuza Character Pack, Jiro’s Custom Safehouse content will still be available for free.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
It sounds much more like characters will have personal items/customizations for the singular safehouse.

Edit: I wouldn't be surprised if crossover characters didn't have safehouse stuff.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
Wick has a little grave in his.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Meldonox posted:

poo poo, I never have hacked it. I've always just ECM rushed and tagged a truck at random.

Yeah. You could do what Shooting Blanks just posted, or go find the computer in one of the warehouses.

If you get to it in stealth, you just hold the button a few times to go through three companies. Of the four possible, whichever isn't on the computer will be the right truck. Only do this if you don't have it down from what you got so far.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

chairface posted:

The only thing you lose from dying more times than you have resurrectors is having to restart the level and suffering a permanent wound (permanent stat penalty.) So you could've just kept on with a minor stat penalty. you can later remove the permanent stat penalties

Anyway it wasn't a serious suggestion but at the point we've got Jacket, Bodhi and Jimmy randomly throwing the guy from EYE in makes as much sense as anything. Plus he has an excuse for why he can absorb a few thousand gunshots.

Permanent wounds are one of the many ways to get your stats so high they overflow. The easiest being to hit the the Pause key (on your keyboard next to Scroll Lock) and then clicking on the "spend skill point" buttons.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
Hostage Taker regen works with Berserker, FYI.

Speaking of which, I think Hostage Taker is a really solid skill. Yeah, it's kind of expensive, but 4.5% health regen/s is really, really nice.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
"gently caress these fascists!" - Bodhi, 2016

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Meldonox posted:

The only time you ever really want to hack the computer is when you're doing the Hot Lava 2.0 achievement.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

I'm a filthy copycat that only knows how to abuse Swan Song and Ace Uppers. You can abuse Swan Song and Ace Uppers too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7v23KZA1-Qg

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

The only time you ever really want to hack the computer is when you're doing the Hot Lava 2.0 achievement.

Day 1 is fun to do loud but nobody ever wants to.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

or when you're powerlevelling infamies. DW Election Day warehouse is fast to stealth and that 20% bonus can be chained into a huge xp boost on another heist after.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Psion posted:

or when you're powerlevelling infamies. DW Election Day warehouse is fast to stealth and that 20% bonus can be chained into a huge xp boost on another heist after.

I normally do that by looking at open containers. Tends to be faster, or it was.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Overkill, please figure out a reason/way to put a thermite launcher in the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEoqrjFX1yI

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Hotline 2 special edition on sale for $5, if you're still looking to get Jacket/Sociopath/masks and stuff.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Time for some more Fun From the Secret Thread:

quote:

Look, it's simple.

The secret is not implimented at this time, and you all are just helping Overkill along.

I say that for a simple reason: if you were to hide a secret in the game, and don't want people to easily find it after the initialization method is added to the game, you'd put it where they've already checked, we've brought up and given up on lights so much that chances are if they add something in, the lights may get changed, we've brought up and given up on the diamond heist so much, that again, chances are they'll change something hard to spot there.

This thread at this point isn't solving the secret, it's making the secret.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Discendo Vox posted:

Time for some more Fun From the Secret Thread:

Secretgate. How can you make sure no one solves a secret? Don't even put one in a tall.

TheObserver posted:

I suggested a crossover with Lupin the 3rd, once; apparently people aren't really that keen on crossovers anymore.

Who would you put in though? Like I don't want to kill Zenigata.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

The Secret should be a hidden Steam URL and cost 10.99.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

UnknownMercenary posted:

Day 1 is fun to do loud but nobody ever wants to.

:agreed:

Though to be fair everyone just wants to do the bank and doesn't want to risk getting the warehouse. I can't remember the last time I've done a loud 2A.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

John Murdoch posted:

Though to be fair everyone just wants to do the bank and doesn't want to risk getting the warehouse. I can't remember the last time I've done a loud 2A.

Last time I did a loud 2A was by sheer accident, we picked a truck at random and slapped the GPS on, then discovered we accidentally hit the correct truck. I say if you're going loud anyway and just want to skip the first day with an ECM rush nail the very first truck no matter what and let the chips fall where they may.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Skunkrocker posted:

Last time I did a loud 2A was by sheer accident, we picked a truck at random and slapped the GPS on, then discovered we accidentally hit the correct truck. I say if you're going loud anyway and just want to skip the first day with an ECM rush nail the very first truck no matter what and let the chips fall where they may.

2B loud is one of the best days in the game, but 2A loud has its own charm and challenge.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
just ask Brick Fight about doing 2A loud with SLUGGATOR

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Shooting Blanks posted:

I normally do that by looking at open containers. Tends to be faster, or it was.

Which is why there's a stealth plan B in the form of the computer. Chances are you're gonna be speeding in stealth so.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

2A is warehouse stealth, 2B is warehouse loud, 2C is bank.

More jobs need a branching day 2.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
2B really drags because defending the hack is pretty trivial, but takes forever. It needs powerboxes.

Good news! DV Boiling Point and Murky Station are almost ready.

Doctor Smiles
Jul 26, 2007

I bonk all night,
and I bonk all day.
Grimey Drawer

Shooting Blanks posted:

Cocaine. Cocaine for days.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
Jimmy's room has a vault but it's like Scrooge McDuck's money bin filled with cocaine instead of money and you can dive into it and swim in it.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

watho posted:

More jobs need a branching day 2.

This. The problem might be that it's a tough sell to the higher ups to make multiple levels for one heist instead of making multiple heists.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.
sydney teaser is out and lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6cvpXjwqOk

I took this pic to show my friend her gun and then I noticed her gloves. jesus christ

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Do we know who her VA is yet?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Shooting Blanks posted:

Do we know who her VA is yet?

Georgia Van Cuylenburg

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
LOOK AT THAT BEAUTIFUL DRUM MAG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
I wanna try this tournament version of dw meltdown, it sounds like a fun challenge!