Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
when is theta dropping a citadel in the drone regions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

luminalflux posted:

hotbed of activity camped by Harry Forever.

I miss Harry. one of you d names should get with your leadership and hire Harry, bane of theta.

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

Did Harry ever manage to kill anyone? I never got tackled by him

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

luminalflux posted:

every so often he'd nab a cyno ship

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

CainFortea posted:

I miss Harry. one of you d names should get with your leadership and hire Harry, bane of theta.

When Harry would come to JU- and camp us, we'd give him legitimate advice on how to be a better ganker. He never listened because he figured any advice from Goons was bad and we were trying to trick him. He'd never give up his Warp Core Stabilizers for damage mods :shobon:

I'm pretty sure EG or some other group gave him 10 purifiers for Christmas. They are probably still locked in the VFK station :v:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

luminalflux posted:

he mostly preyed on haulers and cyno ships, but only if the cyno ships had logged off with the cyno still active

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

Yes! It all makes sense! We may be freaks, but we're freaks with teeth, and claws, and magic wands! And together, we can stand up to Farquaad!

Zephyrine posted:

Theta is sort of a tricky bunch in that regard. They highlight everything that was wrong with the coalition. A whole group dedicated to ratting. Meanwhile internally they unironically viewed themselves as the stonecutters from The Simpson.

Though I suppose they did have some sort of conspiracy level power because for a while the Alliance did actually have peacetime SRP for ratting carriers. Assuming they were boot fit (which all of them were). Which in itself was so ridiculous that it should have caused an outrage on its own.

Then Deklein was taken and Theta started these grand plans for guerilla warfare against the invaders. With pictures of African rebels wielding rocket launchers. To show that "This is how Theta does things" and to show that Deklein would certainly not go uncontested.

But all they ever did was head to Saranen and discuss what level 4 missions would best replace nullsec ratting.

Edit: namamai said I was too mean so I'll just say you're really dumb and everything you say here is borderline retarded and not at all based upon facts

vulvamancer fucked around with this message at 21:05 on May 6, 2016

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

drat it, now I want to join theta just out of spite. I love that episode.

"It's wonderful, Marge. I've never felt so accepted in all my life! Theta looked deep within my soul, and assigned me a number based on how fresh my memes are. Oh wait, that's Reddit."

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 21:10 on May 6, 2016

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
its amazing how fast you people can flip the script on people just because of what ~side~ theyre on

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

i remember when people itt just gently told zeph they were wrong, but now that shes in horde all the fangs come out :laffo:

did your fee-fees get hurt that much by her departure

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
But enough about Eve. Lets all keep in mind what's really important. The Greater Imperium Gaming Community. For we are a community that exists mainly outside of Eve which is something our enemies will never understand. Our bond is stronger than Eve.

I'll see yall on Imperium jabber and we'll have a game of H1Z1 later on, cool?

harlyq
May 9, 2014

The taint is real

Zephyrine posted:

But enough about Eve. Lets all keep in mind what's really important. The Greater Imperium Gaming Community. For we are a community that exists mainly outside of Eve which is something our enemies will never understand. Our bond is stronger than Eve.

h1z1 was such poo poo game.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

harlyq posted:

eh, i shot mans and they got angry about it. pretty good time till the hacking boiled over

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

Blazing Zero posted:

i remember when people itt just gently told zeph they were wrong, but now that shes in horde all the fangs come out :laffo:

I have a long history of being anti-Zephyrine, thank you very much. I just kept my mouth shut about her until she started in on Theta and me personally.

As the saying goes, "Talk poo poo, get hit!"

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Zephyrine posted:

remember when you said that theta highlighted everything wrong with the coalition and then expected people to ever take you seriously ever again

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Blazing Zero posted:

It's almost as if someone's bad opinion on how to run a group is welcomed but gently rejected if they're a part of that alliance, yet someone posting from the outside gets told to gently caress off because their opinion doesn't matter.

I know this is some advanced tier nuance but you could maybe read it twice to make sure you really get it, idk.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

harlyq posted:

h1z1 when we initially started the most cfc-related fun I had in between the fountain war and now. Farming fertilizer at the construction site and sniping people from my base trying to do the same was good times.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Vando posted:

It's almost as if someone's bad opinion on how to run a group is welcomed but gently rejected if they're a part of that alliance, yet someone posting from the outside gets told to gently caress off because their opinion doesn't matter.

I know this is some advanced tier nuance but you could maybe read it twice to make sure you really get it, idk.

i think the telling thing is blazing can't even bring himself to say it wasn't dumb as poo poo, just that he thinks we'd have been more polite about calling it a dumb as poo poo post

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

evilweasel posted:

i think the telling thing is blazing can't even bring himself to say it wasn't dumb as poo poo, just that he thinks we'd have been more polite about calling it a dumb as poo poo post

what i think about the content is irrelevant. im pointing out how silly the video games tribalism is

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Goatman Sacks posted:

h1z1 when we initially started the most cfc-related fun I had in between the fountain war and now. Farming fertilizer at the construction site and sniping people from my base trying to do the same was good times.

:same:

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
who are you in game

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Blazing Zero posted:

what i think about the content is irrelevant. im pointing out how silly the video games tribalism is

You're actually not, I hope this information provides you with valuable opportunity for reflection.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
ah the SA eve thread -- where the high opinions of departed friends go to die.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
ill 1v1 u on csgo bitch

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Blazing Zero posted:

ok

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
think about this though: what you say doesnt matter you're not part of the tribe idiot :smugdog:

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
okay deartear

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

think about this though: what you say doesnt matter you're not part of the tribe idiot :smugdog:

isnt there some religious quote about a fool in the kingdom of heaven by martin luther king or something idk. pretend i one-linered that

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Foehammer007 posted:

ill 1v1 u on csgo bitch

its all about doom4 now lets go

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

not even a hashtag gotem?

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

TRAP HOUSE MOUSE posted:

ah the SA eve thread -- where the high opinions of departed friends go to die.

I still respect endies views (and talk to him on skype) , and I say hi to foehammer whenever I pass x70. But when someone is posting factually wrong poo poo thats easy to suss out while jumping up and down and screaming "This is what's wrong!" I'm going to generally assume they are either stupid or at least myopic in the extreme.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

Blazing Zero posted:

its all about doom4 now lets go

wait no isnt it overwatch now???

so confused

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

Rhymenoserous posted:

I still respect endies views (and talk to him on skype) , and I say hi to foehammer whenever I pass x70. But when someone is posting factually wrong poo poo thats easy to suss out while jumping up and down and screaming "This is what's wrong!" I'm going to generally assume they are either stupid or at least myopic in the extreme.

yeah i love you boo

even though you K RA ZY

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Foehammer007 posted:

wait no isnt it overwatch now???

so confused

lol if you play acti-blizz games

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dbG4wqN0rQ

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

cravius posted:

not even a hashtag gotem?

no i was only half kidding

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
also, proper term is space tribalism

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Blazing Zero posted:

lol if you play acti-blizz games

yo dude, it's real stupid and bad but there's a guy who can hook and there are maps where you can hook while overlooking death gaps and instant kill anyone you hit except the rocketpack lady

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
battlefield 5?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
????

• Locked thread