Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I wish she beat that awful necali though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
https://gfycat.com/BowedIcyFlyingsquirrel

Sonic boom recovery is slower in SF5.

Sick! Thats DOPE
Aug 1, 2008

Oh sick man thats sick

Ryuga Death posted:

https://gfycat.com/BowedIcyFlyingsquirrel

Sonic boom recovery is slower in SF5.

also with normals in general being a great deal slower he can't throw booms and antiair easily.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
everything is slower in sf5

Sick! Thats DOPE
Aug 1, 2008

Oh sick man thats sick

General Morden posted:

everything is slower in sf5

Except my brain calculating the next hard read I need to make while playing it! #RiseUp

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
/roast me

Pt 1 - The Breakdown
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1S1sTebcY0

Pt 2 - The Taunt
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BatjNBoqTHo

Pt 3 - The Breakdown redux
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD2ZRehh378

I get too salty and forget to regrab my losses for posting here, but here's a set I probably shouldn't have won. Don't actually roast me this is like day 3 and it takes me a longo time to get good but I'll take any advice. Despite appearances I really was trying to find time for a throw mixup but just couldn't get it rolling, I'm going to spend tonight trying not to worry too much about losing and forcing myself to stay grounded and find dash in throws. I have a bad habit of throwing unsafe everything, but particularly mp bolt charge.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 21:46 on May 6, 2016

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

hey intel lets play tonight i also lose to 700lp ryu's all the time

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Real hurthling! posted:

hey intel lets play tonight i also lose to 700lp ryu's all the time

Man I lose to Ryu's with straight 0's across the board. Edit: Cammy's too but if they forget to do cannon strike I can bet 1000lp's.

I'm usually on after 8pm pst to midnight or so. Depending on how fast the wife kills off her Hearthstone quests.

Sick! Thats DOPE
Aug 1, 2008

Oh sick man thats sick

Your offense is mostly purposeless and your defense is nonexistent. You should look for more solid hits into special move instead of guessing overhead and leaving damage off landed jabs, crush counter hk, etc. On defense just block, dont try to sneak in hits. Wait for them to push out or jump and escape.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Man I lose to Ryu's with straight 0's across the board. Edit: Cammy's too but if they forget to do cannon strike I can bet 1000lp's.

I'm usually on after 8pm pst to midnight or so. Depending on how fast the wife kills off her Hearthstone quests.

i'm up til 2 est so theres lots of overlap. if my 2 days of rashid play is not cutting it for you in quality i'll go back to my main cammy and ruthlessly dp you like that ryu did lol

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
play me us west only pc

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Can you get random chars in friendlies?

Sick! Thats DOPE posted:

Your offense is mostly purposeless and your defense is nonexistent. You should look for more solid hits into special move instead of guessing overhead and leaving damage off landed jabs, crush counter hk, etc. On defense just block, dont try to sneak in hits. Wait for them to push out or jump and escape.

Thanks, Are we talking like cr.HP or st.MP into specials? And what are people usually doing with landed jabs with Laura?

Edit: capcom name is "hugo_is_number1", psn Necrokart. Mention SFV in a message or my wife will think you're an ESO person.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
I tried this in training mode after and I don't think you can do backdrop or super on dhalsim with a full v trigger.

Or that version bug still hasn't been fixed.

https://my.mixtape.moe/ujtswd.webm

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
I was about to give a bunch of feedback until I realized you were the Laura

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

dhamster posted:

I was about to give a bunch of feedback until I realized you were the Laura

I wouldn't be opposed to reading that if it's not erased.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Sick! Thats DOPE posted:

also with normals in general being a great deal slower he can't throw booms and antiair easily.

i'm not sure why i expected them to keep guiles zoning as strong as it should be in the game where zoning is dead

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

is ex eagle not projectile invincible? i just got ko'd doing one through a sonic boom going for the punish kill.

Sick! Thats DOPE
Aug 1, 2008

Oh sick man thats sick

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Can you get random chars in friendlies?

Thanks, Are we talking like cr.HP or st.MP into specials? And what are people usually doing with landed jabs with Laura?

yeah, lp lp goes into lp version of the elbow strike. Its a safe string and tacks on a little damage, considering you jab x 2 a good amount you might as well get that extra 80 dmg in there.

But also the long range normals.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I wouldn't be opposed to reading that if it's not erased.

Well, I'll give it a shot.

Disclaimer: I never play Laura so this is probably bad advice

Watching the first match keeping an eye on Laura, it looks like you throw out a lot of random elbows/overheads. You might want to figure out some more reliable pokes/hit confirms to use instead if those moves are unsafe. Also, you should figure out some meaties to use when you knock the other guy down--there were a few times when you weren't doing much to pressure Ryu after you knocked him down. If he's a trash Ryu like me you can often bait out a wakeup dp, block it and follow up with a crush counter combo.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Played SFV in person for the first time tonight. Amusingly it felt more laggy - probably because I've disabled v-sync at home, but the setup we were playing on had it enabled.

It was still quite a bit of fun. I was particularly surprised by how much fun I had playing Ryu. His normals felt kind of mediocre, though that's mostly because I was playing against characters with amazing normals, but it was kind of interesting to have a fireball and tatsu.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Went 20-0 in a sf4 "tournament" at a food festival doing just really basic Ryu stuff since it's all I know how to do on a controller. I won an oversized t-shirt for a radio station I've never heard of.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Verisimilidude posted:

Went 20-0 in a sf4 "tournament" at a food festival doing just really basic Ryu stuff since it's all I know how to do on a controller. I won an oversized t-shirt for a radio station I've never heard of.

welcome to the elite

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Pomp posted:

welcome to the elite

Yeah, I'm basically a pro now.

But seriously, it's amazing what basic timing and distance management can do against button mashers and people who autoplay into one combo. I felt bad because I was zoning people with fireballs and low kicks the entire time, and punishing with sweeps since I have no clue how to do combos on a Xbox controller.

Time to get my rear end kicked on sf5 again.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Verisimilidude posted:

Yeah, I'm basically a pro now.

But seriously, it's amazing what basic timing and distance management can do against button mashers and people who autoplay into one combo. I felt bad because I was zoning people with fireballs and low kicks the entire time, and punishing with sweeps since I have no clue how to do combos on a Xbox controller.

Time to get my rear end kicked on sf5 again.

should retire 20-0 as a champ.

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

Yesterday there was a decently big SFV tournament in a mall in my small for China city in China and I entered it cuz a friend of mine was running it and said I wasn't bad enough to totally embarrass myself. I immediately lost, but it was fun and cool.

CrashTestVictim
Oct 2, 2003

...roink PERFECT.
I know isn't a deluge of FANG info floating around but does anyone know what the frame data is on FANG's cr.HK (crush and non) xx V-trigger is? I'm having some issues comboing out of it sometimes compared to df.HP xx V-trigger. How do I even calculate advantage on V-Trigger cancels?

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
I'm feeling real good about Chun-Li lately. I had been stuck around 1000 points for awhile, took a break for a week or two, and tonight I ended at 3700. I think the biggest difference was the introduction of the rematch system. Tonight I got blown up by an ultra bronze Ryu in the first game. Waited a little before agreeing to the rematch and realized that his dumb rear end kept jumping away from me, and my dumb rear end kept chasing him. Next two matches I just stopped chasing him and let him come to me, easy wins. Just being patient goes a really long way. Block a little more, don't push that button the first chance you get, suddenly things slow down and get a lot easier.

I do still have some trouble with Bisons because I want his moves to be much more unsafe then they really are, and Guile gives me trouble when they play defensively.

I saw a Ken doing something similar the other night, just running away the whole time. It's really strange to see compared to most Kens who just want to DP every second.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Hey Capcom I have literally 0 LP. Can you stop matching me against Silvers on a weekend afternoon thank you

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

CrashTestVictim posted:

I know isn't a deluge of FANG info floating around but does anyone know what the frame data is on FANG's cr.HK (crush and non) xx V-trigger is? I'm having some issues comboing out of it sometimes compared to df.HP xx V-trigger. How do I even calculate advantage on V-Trigger cancels?

To figure out the frame advantage of V-trigger, you want to add the subtract the # of frames of recovery of V-trigger from the frames of block stun, hit stun, or knockdown recovery of the move you just connected with. I think in FANG's case, V-trigger recovery is somewhere in the neighborhood of 4 or 5 frames. FANG's cr. HK has 12 frames of block stun, so you have an 8-6 frame advantage on V-trigger activation depending on the exact V-trigger data, and whether or not you activated on the first possible frame.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Goetta posted:

Hey Capcom I have literally 0 LP. Can you stop matching me against Silvers on a weekend afternoon thank you

how else is matchmaking supposed to work for a dead game?

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
They haven't said anything about Juri yet, have they? I know she'll have an eye patch but that's about it. Hit gold league today. Not sure I want to try to learn anyone else right now that I'm halfway decent with Chun, but I loved Juri in SFxT and SF4

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Goetta posted:

You will be matched with Silvers and Golds 90% of the time, no matter what your rank is.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

I tried this in training mode after and I don't think you can do backdrop or super on dhalsim with a full v trigger.

Or that version bug still hasn't been fixed.

https://my.mixtape.moe/ujtswd.webm

Good loving God.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Goetta posted:

those are the only people left playing because the game flopped

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
That isn't even the v1.1 bug I think, you just can't do backdrop or super on dhalsim on full v-trigger. Maybe even others, I only tested on Ken (which worked fine).

Dumb broken game.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

That isn't even the v1.1 bug I think, you just can't do backdrop or super on dhalsim on full v-trigger. Maybe even others, I only tested on Ken (which worked fine).

Dumb broken game.

Dude, it's a beta. they are going to fix all this stuff, remember?

edit: oh right its not a beta it just acts like one

Zand fucked around with this message at 02:56 on May 9, 2016

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.
Funny how this has been common knowledge in this thread almost since a couple days after release, but it's big FGC news now.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/may/08/community-begins-react-street-fighter-5s-input-lag-issue-playstation-4/

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Constellation I posted:

Funny how this has been common knowledge in this thread almost since a couple days after release, but it's big FGC news now.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/may/08/community-begins-react-street-fighter-5s-input-lag-issue-playstation-4/

As I said on the other thread, people have started losing now. It's when the backlash happens, first two months everyone is amazing and bodies fools left and right, so the game is, by extension, amazing.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
" ...because it's fun? It's not like going from 3f delay to 8f delay makes the game instantly stop being fun."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
I think that 8 frames can maybe make the difference between reacting to a move fast enough to block it when walking forward and eating it for no good reason? Maybe?