Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cyberventurer
Jul 10, 2005

lite_sleepr posted:

It's not like there is any way to tell a difference when you summon a gold summon sign, you jerk :mad:

They look different to me. Friendly sunlight signatures are bright white and gold, while the hostile ones have a red tint around them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viperix
Apr 21, 2006
What are the best Pyromancies for PvE? The best Dark spells?

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

That's incredible.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Viperix posted:

Great Chaos Fire Orb and Chaos Bed Vestiges are the best PvE attack pyromancies. Use Black Fire Orb if the enemy resists fire because it does dark damage.

Not too sure about other dark spells.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Viperix posted:

Great Chaos Fire Orb, Black Fire Orb, Rapport, Carthus Flame Arc. There's also Chaos Bed Vestiges but there's little reason to use it over Great Chaos Fire Orb. Also Toxic Mist is useful on a few bosses, and Flash Sweat is nice for the lava sections of Demon Ruins.

Skull Knight
Aug 2, 2013

Sexy bad choices
Lipstick Apathy

Internet Kraken posted:

About 8 hours of sitting afk while I did other stuff paid off.

Now I never have to blue cop again, which is good because its some of the least fun I had in this game's online.

Blue cop'ing in Undead Settlement has been fun decently, and if you can get the summons, there's a decent amount of activity. The game feels populated, vs. later on.

Domattee
Mar 5, 2012

Speaking of color confusion I had an invasion in the Aldrich area where I was fighting a Darkmoon and an Aldrich came out of nowhere and murdered me cause he thought I was fighting another Aldrich.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Viperix posted:

Great Chaos Fire Orb and Chaos Bed Vestiges are the only ones worth a drat in PvE. If you're up against a fire-resistance enemy, you use Black Fire Orb.
If you're using a str/dex build or weapons with infusions that non-physical, you can use Carthus Flame Arc, which is flame weapon by another name, and infuses your weapon with fire damage.

Skull Knight
Aug 2, 2013

Sexy bad choices
Lipstick Apathy

Mazerunner posted:

Had you already killed the Pontiff? NPC invaders work like human ones do, the area boss has to be alive.

Yea, I went from helping her in her world, to getting the church bonfire, embering up and running around that dumb grave / area for a while; no summon from you know who. I then tried again after I died from an invasion, still no dice so I tried restarting my game. Nope. So I said f it, and moved on to killing Pontiff. I'll have to try for him NG+, or /reddit for trading for his gear. Just dumb and wonky I guess. Not sure why it never popped for me; same thing with Heysel and Pale Shade. These are things I just hope people define and list out a clear A -> B -> C etc. path before I start on NG+. Considering how long it's taking me to get blue cop summons on my main guy I'm trying to get the 100% completion for, I have a bit :smith:

In the meantime, I'll play with lower SL characters around Undead Settlement, which has mostly been a breath of fresh air vs. farming for stuff.

Skull Knight fucked around with this message at 23:52 on May 6, 2016

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

WoodrowSkillson posted:

make sure you send greirat before you kill the boss

Got it sorted, but thanks.

It's like a loving training montage, but one of those college comedy movie cram session montages with "Cliff Notes: Irithyll of the Boreal Event Flags"

Further note to self. Give my Sieg booze to the crows this time. I drank my first one as soon as I got it to be better pals with Sieg :beerpal:

As for PvE Pyro, Regular Fire Orb gets the job done against "gently caress this loving slime" with only one spell slot. But the Chaos spells kick way more rear end and are worth the two spell slots if you are intending to do a bunch of killing with, instead of bringing along a grab bag of spells for utility.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 22:30 on May 6, 2016

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Skull Knight posted:

Yea, I went from helping her in her world, to getting the churhc bonfire, embering up and running around that dumb grave / area for a while; no summon from you know who. I then tried again after I died from an invasion, still no dice so I tried restarting my game. Nope. So I said f it, and moved on to killing Pontiff. I'll have to try for him NG+, or /reddit for trading for his gear. Just dumb and wonky I guess. Not sure why it never popped for me; same thing with Heysel and Pale Shade. These are things I just hope people define and list out a clear A -> B -> C etc. path before I start on NG+. Considering how long it's taking me to get blue cop summons on my main guy I'm trying to get the 100% completion for, I have a bit :smith:

Same thing happened to me, there must be a really specific spot you need to stand in to trigger the invasion. In retrospect his weapon would have been perfect for me.

I'll just have make a better one from a regular weapon and a gem :mad:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
So. NPC. Completly chumped (Haha, Your Mankin claws just recoil uselessly off my Stone parma. Thanks for the free hits between trying to cast spells!).

Decide to stop to fight the Pontif knight chasing me on the way to the bondife. Pontif knights have now developed psychic powers and dodge an entire FP bar's worth of Stance art R2 thrusts I have formerly been using to basically go "L2+R2, R1, done" up to now.

:darksouls:

Still my own fault because I should have changed up my mindset after at least the third time they dodged at the last possible frame, but yeah.

Tykero
Jun 22, 2009
Washing Pole wielding Quality build friends: Your Refined Washing Pole +10 is worse than a plain Washing Pole +10 at 40/40. Don't ask me why.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Random Hajile posted:

Yeah, trying to get that one working without using a guide is like getting stabbed in the face.

I stumbled straight through it without assistance. :v: The most confusing bit was the Smoldering Lake step.

(The plot there is hilarious in hindsight though, and might explain Yuria's real endgame.)

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

"My butt smells like vanilla ice cream"

Happy Hedonist posted:

Does the weight of a weapon dictate how much stamina it takes to swing it?

Not at all.

Blaziken386 posted:

Is anyone here currently playing on the PS4 version? I need help in Irithyll. Not because of difficulty, mind you, but because those spider lady things in the sewer freak me the gently caress out and I can't deal with that poo poo. I'm hanging out near the distant manor bonfire (not at the bonfire, outside the building, summons don't work by the bonfire itself).

Password is Lasertag.

Hahahaha

all the ladies say I
Aug 24, 2005

Acción de Espionaje Táctico

RatHat posted:

Anyone know what the best staff/talisman/chimes are for 40/40 Int/Faith?

I think it is Canvas Talisman for <50 faith for miracles, and Sunless Talisman for Dark Miracles

Staves I don't know other than Izalith for Dark Magic

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Tykero posted:

Washing Pole wielding Quality build friends: Your Refined Washing Pole +10 is worse than a plain Washing Pole +10 at 40/40. Don't ask me why.

I noticed this as well, it's presumably something to do with the fact that its scaling is rear end anyway. Probably the same reason why some weapons are better sharp than refined.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
The infusion numbers seem to be hand-tuned and only loosely follow a formula. I've definitely seen weapons that had no difference in damage between sharp/heavy/quality, and others that had a significant difference.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

According to tallgeese in previous games all the weapon upgrade numbers for every single combination of weapon and infusion were just stuck in a big dumb table, so it's very possible that there's no consistent formula for it here either. I have 14 strength and almost 40 dex, and have still found some weapons that get more damage from refined than sharp.

Stranger Danger Ranger
Jul 21, 2007
There are lizards coming out of my tv.

Stokes posted:

I don't know if you're being passive aggressive or whatever but I see an awful lot of crying and bitching about ear collecting and I'm sitting here at level 30 with a +3 Lucerne at the Crucifixion bonfire in the Road of Sacrifices with 17 Ears in 2 hours.

I know this is from pages a pages ago, but I loving love your logic here. "How can these people possibly be having issues, I'm not having any!"

How high are people leveling up? I've got a char at level 80 with like 8mil souls, and I'd like to get to a high level, but don't wanna make the game a ghost town. Anyone at 150+? What's the co-op/pvp like there? More in terms of quantity than quality.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Surprised it only took me three tries. Was almost 4+ tries when I nudged left trying to switch to through firebombes and estus after "gently caress it, spam firebombs he's down to a tiny bit and I don't feel like dealing with his Gimmick again-nononono don't stop to cast heal aid!"

Try 1: Hmm, floor messages say "Try parry... Oh that's right I'm poo poo at parry"
Try 2: Attack him while he's clearly vulnerable!-loving OUCH, okay don't go near him when he does that.
Try 3: I reached his last 1/5 of health with 6 Estus, things are looking good-*Moronic controller fumbling ensues* 2, TWO Estus left.

Thank you, tiny staircase. You were instrumental in phase one for letting me be as bullshit for a greatsword to hit as he could be. "Oh too bad, a few inches lower and you'd have hit my pope hat!"

Shout out to silver cat ring for making the shortcut run that much faster. I guess the other enemies knew I was on my victory run because everything that had previously ignored me my last two trips were deciding to aggro and chase me when my back was turned.

EDIT: Hi Greirat :unsmith:

Section Z fucked around with this message at 23:42 on May 6, 2016

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

net cafe scandal posted:

Low Tier: Purple
poo poo Tier: White, DS2 Grey Phantoms

:allbuttons: Purple bros and bell bros are/were the best

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

So, I've been using the Lothric Knight Greatsword since I started this character, and it's been great. I just got the Profaned Blade, and it seems like it could be a good alternative, especially since its art seems to be Stomp+Fire. Is the Profaned is worth the scales to get it up to snuff?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

BillmasterCozb posted:

Im merely referring to the colors, Billmaster Cozb.

Skull Knight
Aug 2, 2013

Sexy bad choices
Lipstick Apathy

BillmasterCozb posted:

Not empty quoting, but this emote...

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

net cafe scandal posted:

Im merely referring to the colors, Billmaster Cozb.

Purple is objectively the best color, and purpals are objectively the best covenant. :colbert:

Sorry about your wrong opinions.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Its not the ideal shade of purple.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Youre not the ideal shade of correct on this one, friend. All purples are excellent.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

grey and white are kinda boring phantom colors tho

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

It's sad that there's no green phantom, ruining the possibility of a perfect phantom rainbow: Normal invader, sunbro invader, sunbro, (no green), bluecop, forest/aldrich, mad purples.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

BobTheJanitor posted:

It's sad that there's no green phantom, ruining the possibility of a perfect phantom rainbow: Normal invader, sunbro invader, sunbro, (no green), bluecop, forest/aldrich, mad purples.

The green player is you, with your disgusting Shrek-like skin tone :3:

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Any solutions to terrible performance besides build a new computer and hope for the best? I've been stalled at the Dancer for nearly a week because the fight is a stuttery load of bullshit and crashes.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Obvious, but have you tried turning all settings to minimum? I haven't had any performance problems besides that weird-rear end USB device disconnection the game did a couple times, but my video card is well over the recommended specs.

If you can at least get through the fight without crashing, you could try to summon a goon team to kill it for you and just chill out with a shield up.

Threep
Apr 1, 2006

It's kind of a long story.

Cyberventurer posted:

They look different to me. Friendly sunlight signatures are bright white and gold, while the hostile ones have a red tint around them.
It also says summon dark spirit on the hostile ones

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
Some time next week anyone wanna trade Moundmakers kills? Trying to finish 100% but I really don't know if I wanna sit through farming invasions/samurai skeletons.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

You can get shackles really easily by putting a purplered sign down in the post pontiff duel zone between lv60-120 unless you suck complete rear end at pvp. You get summoned constantly and get a shackle for each kill, even if you get summoned into a fight club and kill other phantoms

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
Faith Builds suck rear end for PVE in the early game, but at least you have the knight class to power your way through until Farron Keep. Am I correct in assuming that miracle damage scales with faith and upgraded talismans? Lightning spear was incredibly underwhelming when I got it.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Lightning spear seems to always suck major nuts unless you have 40+ Faith and stack all the miracle stuff and fire at point blank range

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Hey, does anyone know if using Rosaria to respec your stats still pisses off Sirris? I remember that was how it was originally but I seem to recall them changing it somehow in one of the patches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010

InequalityGodzilla posted:

Hey, does anyone know if using Rosaria to respec your stats still pisses off Sirris? I remember that was how it was originally but I seem to recall them changing it somehow in one of the patches.

I believe you can respec without worries now, but I'm not positive yet. Haven't tested it and just started a NG+ cycle.

Also, I have people said as much elsewhere, so you should be all set now.