Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
You get more characters and Unknown weapons which are impossible to get outside of collabs, Unknown weapons help optimize your pool's overall damage a bit more if you have one or two kicking around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Souplesse
May 31, 2011

Gentlemoas.

Tsurupettan posted:

can someone explain the value of the Sakura Taisen collab for me?
Likely a free SR char, and a chance to snag Unknown weapons (which stack multiplicatively with the usual normal*emnity*magna*magna emnity*elemental bonuses).

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Valatar posted:

My understanding is that the star fest will get you a SSR. But not necessarily a SSR character. Non-character weapons and summons count, as far as the star fest cares. For characters, wait for a surprise ticket where you can just pick one, or the legend fest at the end of the month that does boost character odds.

Period 1 is guaranteed SSR character, Period 2 is guaranteed SSR summon.

Drakes posted:

Bad value since theres nothing really special and you ain't cherry picking someone you like or has a 5* LB. While you can still roll dupes, but if you got the money to throw away go for it I guess.

Well I mean what's a little whaling between friends

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Potsticker posted:

And May's schedule!

May 13th through the 22nd: Sakura Taisen Collab!

May 23rd through the 30th: Guild War!

May 31st through June 8th: Scenario event!

Hmmm wonder if they'll squeeze in genbu in 2-3 days or we'll have a few days of no event going on. And man they're really doing it a collab event every month.

Teslavi
May 28, 2006
Ridiculous.

Drakes posted:

Hmmm wonder if they'll squeeze in genbu in 2-3 days or we'll have a few days of no event going on. And man they're really doing it a collab event every month.

Nah, they would definitely announce Genbu in the schedule. Pretty safe bet for next month, though.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Drakes posted:

Is Genbu the next one? I'm so out of the loop on those and some crewmates were asking me about it today.

Shinino Kage
Sep 5, 2008
What the heck is this Star Fest?

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Gambling but atleast you'll get an SSR!

Annnd few things got added, like a daily mission for event where if you assist 5 raids you get stuff to summon the VH boss and crystals. Challenge quest for event, basically lets you demo Aliza against the boss while having a title tied to it. Sakura taisen banners are up untranslated.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

gambled, got 9 junky R items and Aliza. I am fine with this, she seems alright and now I have 3 SSR Fire characters (Percival, Aliza, Agielba).

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008
So if I didn't get any SSR characters or weapons from the last legfest, is it a better idea to just save up for the next one?

Last run I ended up with a fuckload of lovely Rs, the R version of Daetta (who I already had in SR), and Hernal, the little harvin water archer dude, and Feather for my SRs, and then my single SSR was Dark Angel Olivia.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Tsurupettan posted:

gambled, got 9 junky R items and Aliza. I am fine with this, she seems alright and now I have 3 SSR Fire characters (Percival, Aliza, Agielba).

I don't have Agielba, but looking over his kit it looks like this would be a fairly good team, assuming he and Aliza don't step on each other's toes too much.

Crono S. Magnum posted:

So if I didn't get any SSR characters or weapons from the last legfest, is it a better idea to just save up for the next one?

Last run I ended up with a fuckload of lovely Rs, the R version of Daetta (who I already had in SR), and Hernal, the little harvin water archer dude, and Feather for my SRs, and then my single SSR was Dark Angel Olivia.

Yup, save up! You don't need SSRs to do well in the early game and you'll have much better luck getting more better pulls if you wait until the next legfest.

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

Does anybody have tips for completing the Boots & Blades Challenge Quest? I keep getting blasted by druj and dying at half hp

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

AnnoyingJames posted:

Does anybody have tips for completing the Boots & Blades Challenge Quest? I keep getting blasted by druj and dying at half hp

Attack the first turn or two. Use Aliza's 2nd and 3rd buffs. Keep using them as they come up.
Use Aliza's evasion on the second or third turn. She should take the first ougi from the boss.
Whittle him down to a little above half, pop Stan's active damage cut on Aliza. Take him under half HP and trigger his special attack.

You should be clear to finish him from here.

There's probably a better way to do it, but this worked for me.

Potsticker posted:

I don't have Agielba, but looking over his kit it looks like this would be a fairly good team, assuming he and Aliza don't step on each other's toes too much.

Yup, save up! You don't need SSRs to do well in the early game and you'll have much better luck getting more better pulls if you wait until the next legfest.

Agielba's taunt has a really long CD, so he can do that to get knocked down to low HP for bonus damage and then Aliza can take over with her evasion/enmity boost thing I guess? Not sure.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy

Crono S. Magnum posted:

"Saving up" is a bit of a misnomer here, since it's not possible to roll for the star gacha with crystals. Crystals are only good for the normal legend gacha and should always be saved for a legend fest. Star gacha and surprise gacha can only be rolled for mobacoins, i.e. cold hard cash, so at that point the real question is whether you want to spend real money on it. Of the two, surprise is unquestionably the better deal, since you get to flat out pick your SSR and can then keep the 10-roll ticket for a legendfest. They are of course also much less common.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Is there any way to buy coins through an apple account, aside from buying cards off of playasia or something?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Your best bet is to Bluestacks it up and run the game through an Android emulator so you can pay through Google Play. Which, by the way, generally has a better exchange rate than the list price (something like 2,861 Yen when I start dashed).

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Here is my current box of characters.

I want to actually put together a solid team of Yoda + all SRs and Yoda + all Rs that might have some synergy and be worth uncapping. I need to chase those bonus renown pendants. :v: I figure I'll just run a variety of elements and aim for Grande friends with those teams. I did notice I had a lot of Wind SRs (but only 1 Wind R) if I wanted to do something like work toward Anat.

I've been looking at the SR/notable R lists, but was wondering if anyone had recommendations for particular synergies between characters?

Unless this is a complete waste of time and I should just care about firing off Yoda and giving up.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy

Tsurupettan posted:

Here is my current box of characters.

I want to actually put together a solid team of Yoda + all SRs and Yoda + all Rs that might have some synergy and be worth uncapping. I need to chase those bonus renown pendants. :v: I figure I'll just run a variety of elements and aim for Grande friends with those teams. I did notice I had a lot of Wind SRs (but only 1 Wind R) if I wanted to do something like work toward Anat.

I've been looking at the SR/notable R lists, but was wondering if anyone had recommendations for particular synergies between characters?

Unless this is a complete waste of time and I should just care about firing off Yoda and giving up.

Fire Yoda and run. For most of these fights odds are very high that you'll barely have time to fire the Yodacannon before the boss dies, so fancy tricks are pretty pointless. I have Sherlock Draph on my Yoda raid team in the off chance that his nuke scores big, but aside from him it really doesn't matter one bit. Even if the fight does let you go for more than one round, the non-Yoda part of your team might contribute ten percent of the overall damage, so it's not worth sweating over.

Souplesse
May 31, 2011

Gentlemoas.
Anybody know how the Emnity effect from Allosaurus measures up against Vohu Manah's 50% Earth attack aura?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

I'm trying to connect my twitter to this so I can add advertise my omega raids. When I try to link it, it spits back an error saying the app didn't provide enough information. Then Twitter says the token was already used. Any ideas?

e: Discord got me. I did it on my phone and that fixed it.

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 05:37 on May 7, 2016

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

If you post raids to twitter, you might want to change your language setting back to Japanese first, otherwise your tweet will be english and you probably won't get as many (or any) hits.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
The Discord info isn't in the OP.

cathead posted:

There's an SA Granblue discord server now, if you're into that kind of stuff. Might be handy if you want to chat about stuff or for communication between people in different guilds.
I sent friend requests to the IDs I saw while looking through the thread. Gimme them sweet support summons.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Welp, i managed to buy/spend some GC in a weird lefthand fashion through ios

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

grrarg posted:

The Discord info isn't in the OP.

It is now.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

https://twitter.com/Yes_001_Bitch/status/729011278966972417
Raid on salaryman?

Edit: Found another useful spreadsheet. Has some of the same stuff as the other tier lists as well as a more convenient list of buff/debuffs and explanations of bosses, including co-op.

grrarg fucked around with this message at 20:02 on May 7, 2016

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008
So hey, is there any chance that the Sakura Taisen event is not going to be translated? I noticed the Tales event stuff wasn't translated either and none of the story stuff for the event so far has been.

Crono S. Magnum fucked around with this message at 20:22 on May 7, 2016

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

They haven't ran an untranslated event since the start of offering the English language option. I wouldn't worry too much.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I gambled on the Star Gatcha anyway and got myself Eustace. Not the worst, not the best and not the right element for any of my teams but I'm still happy.

DannyHibiki
Feb 8, 2001

Once you POP, you can't STOP!
Hi! Been playing since the Street Fighter event, have spent money, and am now sadly serious with this game since they announced the Sakura Taisen event. Would love a crew invite if possible...

ID: 5526135

Thanks!

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Do they ever repeat events? I got in because I heard of the Street Fighter event but missed it.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
They do but the game is only 2 years old so there's not a lot of data to go off. The Street Fighter V event brought back the old Street Fighter event at the same time and these companies often do re-run old events when they need to pad out new content (or officially, give new players a chance at old things).

Sizup
Nov 25, 2008

Does it really make any difference what you use to upgrade a weapon (aside from amount of exp provided)? Using same element/ wep type is just bonus exp or should I be aiming to match those?

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!
Probably a stupid newbie question but what exactly is the the fourth pinboard asking me to do when it says "use a support summon"? I've done everything else and if support summon means using the summon you pick before a quest, I use those practically every time.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Meiteron posted:

Probably a stupid newbie question but what exactly is the the fourth pinboard asking me to do when it says "use a support summon"? I've done everything else and if support summon means using the summon you pick before a quest, I use those practically every time.

Go to your profile, at the bottom will be a row of elemental symbols followed by a white one. Those are tabs which will show empty slots you can click on to set support summons. Set one for every element (as a newbie you'll likely just put proto bahamut everywhere) and the last one is a freebie. Go fill these all up to achieve the pinboard task.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

It means going to your profile and filling up the summon slots so people can use them as support summons. You can use the same one in multiple slots if necessary.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!
Ohhh, well I feel stupid then. At least I have it all done.

Leads to a second question then: is this SR/SSR ticket that I picked up affected by the legfests that happen every two months? Or can I cash that in immediately?

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Meiteron posted:

Ohhh, well I feel stupid then. At least I have it all done.

Leads to a second question then: is this SR/SSR ticket that I picked up affected by the legfests that happen every two months? Or can I cash that in immediately?

At one point someone in the thread said:
-If the ticket is on the main gacha window, wait for legfest.
-If the ticket is on the other tab, go ahead and pull.

Good luck, I just got an SR weapon from it.

dra600n
May 2, 2014

DannyHibiki posted:

Hi! Been playing since the Street Fighter event, have spent money, and am now sadly serious with this game since they announced the Sakura Taisen event. Would love a crew invite if possible...

ID: 5526135

Thanks!

Scout invite sent.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Patware posted:

Do they ever repeat events? I got in because I heard of the Street Fighter event but missed it.

Sidestory events repeat fairly rarely, they're way into releasing new stuff. And collab events are far less predictable since they're usually to promote something or an occasion. So you're boned on SF unless they release some supermegaultra edition annd maybe we'll see it again then. Starting just for a collab event is rough too since you'll be piss weak to farm up for much. Although CinderellaGirls is all over granblue since cygames made that too.

Eej posted:

I gambled on the Star Gatcha anyway and got myself Eustace. Not the worst, not the best and not the right element for any of my teams but I'm still happy.

I really wanted Eustace before but then they "fixed" how he broke chain damage cap cause thats what grani is for and he shouldn't do that. I think he has one of the best guns for dirt pools through?

Drakes fucked around with this message at 02:32 on May 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Yeah his gun gets to double dip on skillups with the Large Earth Emnity and Small Earth Attack. I'm farming up at least one Vohu Manah today so I can goof around with Earth at least.

• Locked thread