Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brooks Cracktackle
Oct 17, 2008

Zaphod42 posted:

Because Bethesda's marketing department has their heads buried in the loving sand.

They seriously could have saved themselves weeks/months of bad publicity by just releasing real actual gameplay footage like this instead of whatever weak poo poo they squeezed out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Brooks Cracktackle posted:

They seriously could have saved themselves weeks/months of bad publicity by just releasing real actual gameplay footage like this instead of whatever weak poo poo they squeezed out

The fact that we still have to rely on cam footage of an NVIDIA event to even see that this is how the game is capable of looking and Bethesda hasn't even put out a single trailer like this is unbelievable.

Some random Nvidia technicians apparently understand Doom way better than every single person at Bethesda.

Reminds me of Bandai-Namco completely misunderstanding the Dark Souls series and what made it popular. Most publishers are incredibly out of touch with their own products.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

I prefer an FOV like 90 or something. Super high FOV makes games look too fisheye lens to me. Call me Shirley. This game looked good to me from the get-go, and I love the Beta, so I blame Bob Dole for the kneejerk negative reactions some have.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

As much of a dogpile of it is, imagine if that footage was what was pushed for Doom PC users. Less glory kills actually make the game look more action-packed and violent, which seemed to be what the train of finishers was going for.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

I would play a game that looked like this

Xy Hapu
Mar 7, 2004

I have to give Bethesda marketing a little credit here, they're targeting the gaming equivalent of Joe Schmuckateli who can't follow gameplay that fast or will just be intimidated by it, same reason we got lovely box art, it's dumbed down poo poo to appeal to the gaming masses which is probably what's going to make them most of their money. Their real mistake was a failure to anticipate that more discerning gamers would view the previews as representing max level gameplay and underestimating how vocal they'd be about it.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Linguica posted:

Retard 4 with mouse/keyboard, high FOV, and turned-off fatality glows looks kinda fast actually??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueRjbYdcXbs

So this is what the game looks like when somebody other than grandma plays it. Neat.

They're complete idiots for not releasing a PC gameplay trailer in parallel with the console footage though.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 23:05 on May 7, 2016

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Linguica posted:

Retard 4 with mouse/keyboard, high FOV, and turned-off fatality glows looks kinda fast actually??

I guess I'll buy it after seeing this. I saw some footage before that made it look like halo for PC basically.

BRB pooping
Apr 17, 2008

various cheeses posted:

I guess I'll buy it after seeing this. I saw some footage before that made it look like halo for PC basically.

Yeah, that clip sold me on it, it looks like how a modern DOOM-game should play. Cant give two shits about the mp, im just in it for demonkilling

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I am now fully convinced that it's actually Bethesdas marketing department who should be called 'Retard'.

The only thing that's making me worried at this point is that no advance review codes have been handed out, who knows, we'll see.

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 23:25 on May 7, 2016

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
I'm a lot more excited to play this game now.

I love how instantaneous the weapon swapping was. From the video it seemed like you could be holding any weapon, then swapping to and firing any other one (and then swapping back if you wanted) literally as fast as you could press the required buttons. Awesome.

I'm also a fan of the need-based loot drops too.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Linguica posted:

That FOV is nauseating, holy gently caress.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
uh okay, now im really sold. i might even pre-order.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Zzulu posted:

I would play a game that looked like this

I would, too. We need a goon kickstarter.

Imps piled high.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

wipeout posted:

I would, too. We need a goon kickstarter.

Imps piled high.

Stretch goal, new enemy Taffy from ClayFighter (bout time I shot that maniac)

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Heavy Metal posted:

Stretch goal, new enemy Taffy from ClayFighter (bout time I shot that maniac)

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Deakul posted:

That FOV is nauseating, holy gently caress.
I think that might only even be a horizontal FOV of 90, actually.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

NOW we're talkin

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Linguica posted:

I think that might only even be a horizontal FOV of 90, actually.

90 FOV is what I play with in every FPS, that doesn't look like 90 to me... this is some fish eye poo poo.

Unless 90 horizontal doesn't work well at higher resolutions?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Deakul posted:

90 FOV is what I play with in every FPS, that doesn't look like 90 to me... this is some fish eye poo poo.

Unless 90 horizontal doesn't work well at higher resolutions?

FOV 90 was a lot narrower on 4:3 screens than it is on current format monitors.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

A.o.D. posted:

FOV 90 was a lot narrower on 4:3 screens than it is on current format monitors.

Ah, alright.

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
lmao at goons needing a certain clip of footage to convince them to buy the game as if doom isnt automatically the best game series ever

doom is good

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mung Dynasty posted:

lmao at goons needing a certain clip of footage to convince them to buy the game as if doom isnt automatically the best game series ever

doom is good
Duke Nukem Forever.

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:

Linguica posted:

haha this video has me excited as hell for this game, why didnt they show it this way from the start, I'll play the poo poo out of that.

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!

Stuntman posted:

Duke Nukem Forever.

duke is bad tho :confused:

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Mung Dynasty posted:

duke is bad tho :confused:

Always bet on Duke, and Doom is good. Don't quit your day job. And I'm all outta gum.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance
I want to play this game now too but I'm torn between upgrading my video card now or waiting until the GTX1070 drops to play the game because I know my 660Ti won't cut the mustard for this game.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Xy Hapu posted:

I have to give Bethesda marketing a little credit here, they're targeting the gaming equivalent of Joe Schmuckateli who can't follow gameplay that fast or will just be intimidated by it, same reason we got lovely box art, it's dumbed down poo poo to appeal to the gaming masses which is probably what's going to make them most of their money. Their real mistake was a failure to anticipate that more discerning gamers would view the previews as representing max level gameplay and underestimating how vocal they'd be about it.

"Discerning" (:lol:) gamers can be predicted to do four things when it comes to games: complain about trivial things, buy whatever they are complaining about, trash the broader audience out of jealousy, and have very little influence on what happens overall.

Especially when it comes to Bethesda games, who have the art of making fun video games for people who like video games down to a science.

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 07:40 on May 8, 2016

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Heavy Metal posted:

Always bet on Duke, and Doom is good. Don't quit your day job. And I'm all outta gum.

Axe Maniac dunking the DNF thread, getting rid of all the DNF goon tags and never acknowledging the game again cracks me the gently caress up even now.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

MisterBibs posted:

"Discerning" (:lol:) gamers can be predicted to do four things when it comes to games: complain about trivial things, buy whatever they are complaining about, trash the broader audience out of jealousy, and have very little influence on what happens overall.

Especially when it comes to Bethesda games, who have the art of making fun video games for people who like video games down to a science.

bethesda haven't made a good game in over a decade actually

much like ID but that nvidia footage actually looked alright fire the marketing team bethesda

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I'm gonna pre order Doom 4

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Agoat posted:

I'm gonna pre order Doom 4

please don't preorder games

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

MisterBibs posted:

I call this post "Retard 4" (reminder that misterbibs kept trying to bruteforce radscorpion gulch without using sneak and considered it a design flaw of the game)

Pomp posted:

much like ID but that nvidia footage actually looked alright fire the marketing team bethesda
games look better when good people play them news at 11

Anime Schoolgirl fucked around with this message at 08:21 on May 8, 2016

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Pomp posted:

I want to pre load it??

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Agoat posted:

I want to pre load it??
preordering is like early access without the access

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

preordering is like early access without the access

I get to play it at midnight?? The game is out in a week it doesn't matter

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I've decided I'll probably buy Retard 4.

Kenzo
Jun 29, 2004

Tekseta!

Pomp posted:

I preordered Doom 4.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

I call this post "Retard 4" (reminder that misterbibs kept trying to bruteforce radscorpion gulch without using sneak and considered it a design flaw of the game)

It's interesting to note that Bethesda, the aforementioned developer who knows how make fun video games for people who like video games (and are better at franchises than their original developers), has zero design flaws on par with NV's Cazadore Valley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

MisterBibs posted:

shut up idiot

MisterBibs posted:

It's interesting to note that Bethesda, the aforementioned developer who knows how make fun video games for people who like video games (and are better at franchises than their original developers), has zero design flaws on par with NV's Cazadore Valley.

holy poo poo shut up