Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
Kiss the ring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

To the alt guy, DST + BR, freighters and bowheads can all be trained in one month each. These synergize nicely, along with industry and market skills.

If you're a miniluv kind of guy, a T2 cat can be done in about 2 weeks. A T2 Talos is about 50 days. Those are good BC even if you're not in MiniLuv, Warr has decreed that we will be running more all-all inclusive style fleets. So being able to fly a ship or two would be good prep. Hit me up in jabber if you need help or advice on this matter.

You could train a reasonable bumper in a month, but if you're going to do that, my suggestion is to keep two accounts just for point aggressors (7 characters in total).

Also, the state of this thread is abysmal. I'd weigh in on hot topics of the day, but for once I don't want to be the cancer.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

is this some kind of next level "even a broken clock is right twice a day" burn?

Zephyrine posted:

Theta is sort of a tricky bunch in that regard. They highlight everything that was wrong with the coalition. A whole group dedicated to ratting. Meanwhile internally they unironically viewed themselves as the stonecutters from The Simpson.

Though I suppose they did have some sort of conspiracy level power because for a while the Alliance did actually have peacetime SRP for ratting carriers. Assuming they were boot fit (which all of them were). Which in itself was so ridiculous that it should have caused an outrage on its own.

Then Deklein was taken and Theta started these grand plans for guerilla warfare against the invaders. With pictures of African rebels wielding rocket launchers. To show that "This is how Theta does things" and to show that Deklein would certainly not go uncontested.

But all they ever did was head to Saranen and discuss what level 4 missions would best replace nullsec ratting.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Meanwhile the few, the proud, the Sigmas are literally leading insurgency fleets and solo reinforcing systems in throwaway clones in throwaway ships not giving a poo poo about dying or money. Either come back with your Entosis, or dead upon it.

Sigma Supremacy.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Euro Squad Best Squad

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

dialhforhero posted:

Sigma Supremacy.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
i think we should all pause for a second and reflect on the fact that there's simply more fighting in new eden thanks to fozzie sov. is this not what we all want?

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
gently caress I missed srp for ratting cartiers

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine
Theta was your JU- squad right? Those guys were hilarious, gently caress anyone who didn't like them.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Without theta gsf would have probably 1/3rd of the supers they have, to never use.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Blazing Zero posted:

i think we should all pause for a second and reflect on the fact that there's simply more fighting in new eden thanks to fozzie sov. is this not what we all want?

I'm not going to lie, though I think there can definitely be room for tweaks and improvements, the overall idea of Fozzie Sov and how it shapes the game isn't bad. I also agreed with the jump range reductions and the fatigue. The problem is that because the game didn't have these mechanics out-of-the-box, the actual 'dream' of what EVE is to/will become is a bit short sighted since inevitably someone will either 1.) be given a better position/upper hand 2.) find a way to game the system.

In any case: :smugdon: :gary:

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Zephyrine posted:

The PH service is actually pretty good and ran by someone like me who cares about the work and not the isk. So I'll probably help out there.

Are you still confused as to why someone would find value in tagging your characters?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Despera posted:

Without theta gsf would have probably 1/3rd of the supers they have, to never use.

Still more than TEST has total

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Khablam posted:

Are you still confused as to why someone would find value in tagging your characters?

No I just find it amusing that GSF IT services would take information that goons give in confidence as a part of joining. And then hand it out freely out of malice because the person choose the wrong internet spaceship tribe.

Maybe there should be a disclaimer when people sign up.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Zephyrine posted:

No I just find it amusing that GSF IT services would take information that goons give in confidence as a part of joining. And then hand it out freely out of malice because the person choose the wrong internet spaceship tribe.

The API and the information it gives is part of the normal functioning of the game, and there's a big disclaimer on the API page warning you about how people can use it within normal game mechanics.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Khablam posted:

The API and the information it gives is part of the normal functioning of the game, and there's a big disclaimer on the API page warning you about how people can use it within normal game mechanics.

"If we disapprove of your future corporation choices. We will use this information against you"

Copy pasted on the page and maybe a few times in the recruitment thread.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Zephyrine posted:

"If we disapprove of your future corporation choices. We will use this information against you"

Copy pasted on the page and maybe a few times in the recruitment thread.

"If we disapprove of your future corporation choices, we will shoot you in game"

Are there any other normal game mechanics we should have people click to accept?
Perhaps you can create a list?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Zephyrine posted:

You're loving retarded if you think an API key you willingly hand out is private information. Your social security number is private information. The color of your rear end in a top hat is private information. Not your API key you willingly hand out.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

"There are consequences to me flipping sides in a war and I don't like it" *stamps feet*
"Why did no one pre-warn me"

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

vyst posted:

Still more than TEST has total

Yep but logging in doesn't require a death wish

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Vando posted:

Euro Squad Best Squad

The biggest thread, may it rest in peace.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Angelique is the reason that the jar of peanuts has a huge warning that says CAUTION CONTAINS PEANUTS

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

From the eve api page because apparently you wanted a disclaimer

quote:

If you are not certain that the web site or program asking for your API key is safe, please do not give it to them! You are responsible for any usage of the information obtained by using your API keys.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

vyst posted:

You're loving retarded if you think an API key you willingly hand out is private information. Your social security number is private information. The color of your rear end in a top hat is private information. Not your API key you willingly hand out.

I purposely didn't say private information. But it was still information given in confidence outside of the game.

Khablam posted:

"If we disapprove of your future corporation choices, we will shoot you in game"

Are there any other normal game mechanics we should have people click to accept?
Perhaps you can create a list?

Shooting in game is of course not even close to this.

And that goonfleet is willing to use the submitted information against the user is worth noting on the auth page.

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 19:06 on May 8, 2016

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Zephyrine posted:

I purposely didn't say private information. But it was still information given in confidence outside of the game.

quote:

If you are not certain that the web site or program asking for your API key is safe, please do not give it to them! You are responsible for any usage of the information obtained by using your API keys.

Sorry that even CCP says you are being whiney.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I cant believe this turbosperg is still going on about freighter alts and apis :cripes:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Zephyrine posted:

Information given in confidence is regarded as private information. Your semantics-fu is weak

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
If it bothers you that much, why not just sell the flagged jf/cyno alts and buy clean ones?

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Orange Red Bull posted:

I cant believe this turbosperg is still going on about freighter alts and apis :cripes:

I had the quote handy and just wanted to get her to post herself into a corner.
Sorry for the derail.

Back to cats or whatever.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Say what you will about test but there is substantial power in owning the main communication hub in eve.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

LemonDrizzle posted:

If it bothers you that much, why not just sell the flagged jf/cyno alts and buy clean ones?

If miniluv ever becomes an issue then I will.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Unfunny Poster posted:

Albion Online would've been a good game had they 1) skipped the support for mobile platforms and 2) not kept loving around with some of the more basic stuff that eventually drove everyone away.

counterpoint: albion online hired greyscale :yikes:

you feelin fucky
May 23, 2009
Perhaps you should collect photographs of her to show her who's boss as well. After all, that is what normal well-adjusted adults do when they lose a video game.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Glory of Arioch posted:

counterpoint: albion online hired greyscale :yikes:

i dont get this meme. what did he do that was so bad for eve? jump fatigue? seems like the game is on an uptick in subs and fatigue/fozziesov helped bring this about

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Zephyrine posted:

And that goonfleet is willing to use the submitted information against the user is worth noting on the auth page.

You're seriously assblasted because people use API information for security purposes?

No wonder you joined Horde.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

AAPsel posted:

Perhaps you should collect photographs of her to show her who's boss as well. After all, that is what normal well-adjusted adults do when they lose a video game.

yeah eve players owned mintchip really good, so why not :D

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

It's like the level GSF can't help but play this game on.

If it was a game of monopoly. I would probably have to take a picture of the board before going to the bathroom. To make sure the pieces were still where I left them.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Zephyrine posted:

It's like the level GSF can't help but play this game on.

If it was a game of monopoly. I would probably have to take a picture of the board before going to the bathroom. To make sure the pieces were still where I left them.

more like youd have to inspect the toilet for hidden cameras

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
Join groon, were not even sure what an api is. Its like a fruit, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

That Works posted:

You're seriously assblasted because people use API information for security purposes?

No wonder you joined Horde.

Internal security, under lid by security staff. No problem.

The problem then comes when you leave and they take all that information and make it public to use it against you.

• Locked thread