Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

TorakFade posted:

Sounds a tad low to me, the minimum I would go for is this fit here for 9 mil excluding discounts.. Yeah I need that 4A fsd, I hate having 10ly jump range.

This one for about 6M has a ~15 jump range. Having a A-class distributor and such is nice, but for someone who's just getting started, D will suffice. I'd much rather fight an Anaconda in this Vulture than in an A-ranked Cobra or what have you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DreadLlama
Jul 15, 2005
Not just for breakfast anymore
That vulture belongs in the OP.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Does the navcomp account for the increased range, or does it still plot you 30-ly routes? My guess is the latter, but fingers crossed optimistically?

That's an excellent question, I'm not in the beta so I can only guess. Seems like it would have to account for the increased range or the mod is effectively useless. But it's Frontier, so things can really go either way.

Navigation w/ existing FSD boosts is pretty clunky, but traveling that way would be clunky no matter what given that you have to manually engage the boost, so Frontier probably felt like they didn't need to implement a new calculation that can include the boosted first jump. The Engineers mod on the other hand straight up increases your base jump range, so I'm guessing the current navcomp would work fine. It already scales above 30-ly jumps w/ asps and anacondas

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
Is there a out of game map I can use to plot routes and look at space systems?

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Foehammer007 posted:

http://ed-td.space/en/24/Route+planner

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!

Drake_263 posted:

That's going to be even more fun with the new C3 multicannon, methinks. I'm going to have to resist the urge to go all multicannons on my Ferdie and just splurge on weapon upgrades until I luck out and get incendiaries for all of them.

Yeah, I'm really drat excited for big multicannons, they look exactly like what I've been wanting for a long time now.

Also is there a taxi service yet? My Type-6 is one gently caress of a drive away from my FAS' hunting grounds and I honestly don't remember how I managed the route, all the stars from point A to point B are unscoopable and there are a lot of no population no gas station stops along the way :psyduck:

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Foehammer007 posted:

http://ed-map.eu/

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
I have concerns about the commodities you need to craft certain things taking up actual cargo space on your ship (have 10 tons of widgets rattling around currently) with no real way of storing them.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I have concerns about the commodities you need to craft certain things taking up actual cargo space on your ship (have 10 tons of widgets rattling around currently) with no real way of storing them.

They're planning to fix this in 2.2! It is only 6 months away.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Xae posted:

They're planning to fix this in 2.2! It is only 6 months away.

Can't be, in six months it will be November and I can't see Frontier trying to cram the rest of this season (2.3 and 2.4) into what is left of the year by then.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Space Rangers 2 allows you to store cargo (and weapons, and ship hulls, and whatever else) at stations and it's super convenient. You can also store modules, weapons, artifacts, etc. on your ship, provided you have enough cargo space for them.

Though you gotta keep an eye on where the Dominator war or pirate conflict are spreading, since stations can be destroyed, along with anything you were storing in them. :gonk:

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

I want this real bad

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

Insert name here posted:

I want this real bad

The Escape Velocity equivalent of that mod did MORE damage :colbert:

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Your Loyal Vizier posted:

The Escape Velocity equivalent of that mod did MORE damage :colbert:
Yes well sadly I think we have to accept the fact that not every game can be as good as Escape Velocity

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
Looks like they've officially renamed CEECKIA ZQ-L C24-0 to Beagle Point in 2.1, too.

If I'm lucky, I'll get there just in time to meet up with Jaques Station.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
If you own the original Beta but not Horizons, is there any way to get it running with the Steam install or do I have to redownload the whole client to check out the changes?

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Voyager I posted:

If you own the original Beta but not Horizons, is there any way to get it running with the Steam install or do I have to redownload the whole client to check out the changes?

I had to reinstall it.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

Capn Beeb posted:

Yeah, I'm really drat excited for big multicannons, they look exactly like what I've been wanting for a long time now.

Also is there a taxi service yet? My Type-6 is one gently caress of a drive away from my FAS' hunting grounds and I honestly don't remember how I managed the route, all the stars from point A to point B are unscoopable and there are a lot of no population no gas station stops along the way :psyduck:

Buy an adder or hauler and kit it for fsd max range. Hauler can hit 30 ly easily for just under a mill with a 2a fuel scoop. I have 2 adders and 1 hauler for bubble transit near all my combat ships. Makes life a ton easier specially with an FAS or fdl jump range

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
Hauler is easy to make into a taxi. Get rid of EVERYTHING, upgrade your components to D class, except the FSD into an A class. You don't even need a scoop.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
You can get the hauler into the perfect taxi for 620000 at a Yong Mart. The main cost is the fuel scoop and fsd. Adder is good as a secondary if the hauler isn't available. Or if you need cup holders :V

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

So if I'm a huge fan of the X3 series, is this game as it is currently going to sate my open space game sim desire? I don't plan on playing online, just single player - worth it, or wait until the horizons expansion?

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

Feral Integral posted:

So if I'm a huge fan of the X3 series, is this game as it is currently going to sate my open space game sim desire? I don't plan on playing online, just single player - worth it, or wait until the horizons expansion?

Depends what part of X3 you like the most. If you play the X3 series for the business and fleet management portions, you'll be disappointed.

ED's flight model is its biggest strength, just flying your ship is very enjoyable and satisfying. Combat, exploration and trading are fun, but you can't manage a fleet or own stations.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Voyager I posted:

Astroniomix posted:

I had to reinstall it.

For future reference, running ED through Steam only shows products that you bought through Steam, but if you navigate to your Steam ED folder and run EDLaunch.exe directly from there, then the launcher should show all ED products/betas on your account, not just Steam ones.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Shine posted:

For future reference, running ED through Steam only shows products that you bought through Steam, but if you navigate to your Steam ED folder and run EDLaunch.exe directly from there, then the launcher should show all ED products/betas on your account, not just Steam ones.

The issue wasn't the beta not appearing, it wasn't letting me launch it after installing it.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Haven't played any of the new stuff yet but all this talk about enemies running and jumping out, new large multicannons, the need to store engineer materials somewhere, etc...

It really just cements iClipper supremacy. It's fast as hell, masslocks like a champion and has loads of internal space for armor or cargo.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Bargearse posted:

On the plus side, the traffic control voices go a long way towards making the universe feel more alive.
"Try learning to fly your ship next time."

Don't tell me what to do, desk jockey. t:mad:

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

FronzelNeekburm posted:

"Try learning to fly your ship next time."

Don't tell me what to do, desk jockey. t:mad:

"You are entering sovereign IMPERIAL space!"

Yeah, I go where I want numbnuts :rolleyes:

In all seriousness, ED needs more of those little touches.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I want the traffic control person to grovel suitably before my Imperial Baron when I come in to dock.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Blind Rasputin posted:

Do the controls get easier with some practice? What's the overall experience one Xbox? Can you use the headset for voice commands?

Fly/boost/ram/shoot is pretty good once you learn the controls plus shortcuts for targeting etc. You can remap everything as well.

Stay away from menus in combat until you learn where things are.. and even then some.

Outside of combat making poo poo frantic its just practice. Games good on the box, just empty. Get high sit on the couch and check out side rad space poo poo. Turn surround up or have good headphones.

SquirrelGrip fucked around with this message at 11:31 on May 9, 2016

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Bargearse posted:

Looks like they've officially renamed CEECKIA ZQ-L C24-0 to Beagle Point in 2.1, too.

If I'm lucky, I'll get there just in time to meet up with Jaques Station.

I wonder what will the mission payouts be.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Take this 3 tons of biowaste to Sol. No don't ask, just take it.

Payout: 12 billion billion credits.

Time limit: 3 days.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

tooterfish posted:

Is that even possible?

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

If I told you no, you'd still try.

We all would. :shepicide:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

tooterfish posted:

"Boy there sure are a LOT of local systems authorities looking for smugglers in these distant uncharted systems at the edge of the galaxy, I guess they must have all just moved in."

Fishreds99
Jul 8, 2009

Beep Boop
Got the plasma ammo RNG affix for 3 imperial hammers (uses fuel as ammo in exchange for a 1% decrease in damage). Drained my entire fuel tank in one salvo :cool:

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Fishreds99 posted:

Got the plasma ammo RNG affix for 3 imperial hammers (uses fuel as ammo in exchange for a 1% decrease in damage). Drained my entire fuel tank in one salvo :cool:

:hawaaaafap:

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Ship?

Fishreds99
Jul 8, 2009

Beep Boop

Was a FDL. The affix drained a much more modest amount on a normal railgun and is pretty useable, so might be a bug. Could be a new pve meta to bring a conda chocked full of fuel tanks and railguns and just go ham.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
Do remember that the Ferdie has a tiny fuel tank for something its size - it has a 16-ton tank, equivalent to a Cobra's, while the ship itself is about the size of a Python. (The Asp-E, for reference, has a 32-ton tank, and I think the Python is 64-ton). Seems like a cool upgrade but you probably want to fit those on a ship with a bigger tank and space for aux tanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fishreds99
Jul 8, 2009

Beep Boop

Drake_263 posted:

Do remember that the Ferdie has a tiny fuel tank for something its size - it has a 16-ton tank, equivalent to a Cobra's, while the ship itself is about the size of a Python. (The Asp-E, for reference, has a 32-ton tank, and I think the Python is 64-ton). Seems like a cool upgrade but you probably want to fit those on a ship with a bigger tank and space for aux tanks.

Gotcha. So 1 shot using an fdl and 4 shots using a python. Thanks for the tip!

• Locked thread