Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

I said come in! posted:

I just hit level 50 but I am not sure where I am suppose to go now?

From there it seems like you can get on the crafted gear treadmill of progression.

I'm sorry, endgame was a mess when I was in for launch. The only option seemed to get into whatever sandbox corner and be content either clicking on cotton bundles, playing Auction House Simulator 2008, or feeding mats into a guild leader so he can play BIS roulette.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

SumYungGui posted:

Into the corner where you can quietly cry as you contemplate the decisions in your life that led you to play this game after it has been very thoroughly exposed as A Bad Game.

No, I can't do this yet, i'm level 51 now there is still 4 more levels to go before I cry about it. That is on the top of my list of things to do though.

KirbyKhan posted:

From there it seems like you can get on the crafted gear treadmill of progression.

I'm sorry, endgame was a mess when I was in for launch. The only option seemed to get into whatever sandbox corner and be content either clicking on cotton bundles, playing Auction House Simulator 2008, or feeding mats into a guild leader so he can play BIS roulette.

It sounds like crafted gear is the only option left. Nothing on the auction house is above level 50, I guess all of that gear is bind on pickup? Not enough players left in the game for group content.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Obsidian gear exists to catch people up, and they have made it much easier to acquire over time. It can be crafted with zero proficiency requirements.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

I said come in! posted:

No, I can't do this yet, i'm level 51 now there is still 4 more levels to go before I cry about it. That is on the top of my list of things to do though.

It sounds like crafted gear is the only option left. Nothing on the auction house is above level 50, I guess all of that gear is bind on pickup? Not enough players left in the game for group content.

uninstall the game

madmulligan
Dec 21, 2014
Better off buying obsidian gear than playing with the RNG. Unless it's regrading ship components I just save for armor upgrades. If you get in a ok guild, there's plenty of dungeon gear though and Auroria gear is cheap and good for a start off the AH.

If you're leveling 50-55, i'd say do it mining or something that makes a little gold. Invest that in some property useful for trades routes or upgrading your wagon and ships.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

hakimashou posted:

uninstall the game

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Install multiple copies of the game

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

hakimashou posted:

uninstall the game

I can't yet, i've come this far. I can only reach level cap on lovely dead MMORPGs and so I have to do it for this one.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

I said come in! posted:

I can't yet, i've come this far. I can only reach level cap on lovely dead MMORPGs and so I have to do it for this one.

noble goal, I wish you well

Wonder Turbine
Sep 22, 2011

I said come in! posted:

You should try out Swordsman Online, they even have a built-in bot to help you level up while you sleep.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

so who is reinstalling and logging in to save their name?

And how are the 'original' merged servers? are they they vibrant hive of activity that trion said they would be or the ghost towns that the players said they would be?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Meskhenet posted:

so who is reinstalling and logging in to save their name?

And how are the 'original' merged servers? are they they vibrant hive of activity that trion said they would be or the ghost towns that the players said they would be?

The only high population server is still a ghost town. So the server mergers really didn't fix anything.

madmulligan
Dec 21, 2014
Aranzeb is fine, not near as crazy as it was during launch but it has a steady population and enough PvP and drama. I'd recommend it for anyone wanting to try it again and to try connecting with other Goons playing.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Is archery still poo poo?

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

jabro posted:

Is archery still poo poo?

They shat on it more

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

PCOS Bill posted:

They shat on it more

drat. I didn't think that could be possible.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Never mind, i'm sorry everyone i've let you all down I can't do it i'm done at level 51.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

I said come in! posted:

Never mind, i'm sorry everyone i've let you all down I can't do it i'm done at level 51.

It's ok you did the right thing

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

I said come in! posted:

Please call your mother and tell her you are ok, she has been worried since she heard you had started playing

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

I said come in! posted:

The only high population server is still a ghost town. So the server mergers really didn't fix anything.

I would love to see the real data behind all their stupidity. How do you search for how many people are playing on steam?

Opinionated
May 29, 2002

It's not even on the top 100 games list.

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

Yet for some reason Knight Online is at like #20 for today with over 11k people at peak. How.. that game is like 10 years old and always looked terrible.

Nien
Apr 29, 2013
Remember that backwoods alley where you got those tokens that let you upgrade your weapon and it took hours? And then how you then realised about the hacks and the grind and how badly you'd been screwed. This is the real meta.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Opinionated posted:

Yet for some reason Knight Online is at like #20 for today with over 11k people at peak. How.. that game is like 10 years old and always looked terrible.

I think it's popular in some regions, like Turkey - they often stream it on Twitch.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
There are way too many clicker games on there and also loving Dying Light Demo. How the gently caress are that many people playing a demo for a game that's that old? I just don't get what's going on here.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

went looking at game spy.

Apparently about 1 million people added it to their steam account, but only half a mill ever hit play.

The most people on yesterday at the same time via steam was 1,480.

Thats probably less than there is land on a single server. lol

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.
Having fun with this again god help me. If you have shiz on Aranzeb I'm happy to take it -- gear, RNG boxes, whatever. If you don't want to DL the game just pm me your login info and let me know what I can/can't take. flame on!

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.
PS - also LMK what you'd like in exchange. Thanks.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Just an FYI for people who think they might return to this great game, make sure to log in and claim from your account page the returning or legacy pack before June 28th. Among other things, it basically hands you a full set of gear that puts you around 4k gear score.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
How is gear score calculated in this game, is it in dollars or euros?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Eltoasto posted:

Just an FYI for people who think they might return to this great game, make sure to log in and claim from your account page the returning or legacy pack before June 28th. Among other things, it basically hands you a full set of gear that puts you around 4k gear score.

Okay this was worth logging back into for. The armor you get is actually cool looking and on females isn't creepy Korean armor.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SumYungGui posted:

How is gear score calculated in this game, is it in dollars or euros?

wool

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

I said come in! posted:

Okay this was worth logging back into for. The armor you get is actually cool looking and on females isn't creepy Korean armor.

So how much have you sunk in this already?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Meskhenet posted:

So how much have you sunk in this already?

Like $30? :kiddo: Not planning on spending anymore. I only logged in for that shiny free armor.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I said come in! posted:

Yeah, it's better than most. The cloth still puts you in a miniskirt though. On the plus side the panties aren't white this time, so it's a little less gross when you flash yourself.

I like the tree houses. If I was still a land-haver I'd want one of those.

crazystray
Aug 7, 2005
Grow or die.
I miss this game.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

crazystray posted:

I miss this game.

Try heroin.

Jacada
Aug 1, 2009

I've started playing. Got a free 5 day sub offer thing. So far I'm having a blast. Level 39 and not seeing the problems yet but we'll see. I'm really liking the game play and the environments right now though.

madmulligan
Dec 21, 2014
The game is a decent now, too bad it generated so much hate at launch that not many will try it again.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

madmulligan posted:

The game could be decent now (if trion didnt continue to completely gently caress it over), too bad it generated so much hate at launch and the entire first year it was out that not many will try it again.

I think i fixed it for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Trion's decisions over the past year have been good. There are still the hiccups since XL puts things in patches without telling them, but stuff like the cloak/costume synth/ayanad scrap systems have been game obtained. Things should shake up when the server transfers open up at the end of the month for morpheus, because that's where a lot of the players are and either PANTSU is transferring off or everyone else is. If they go and add to the population of other servers, we could end up with a few good ones.

• Locked thread