Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wyatt Derp
Jul 9, 2014

Blue Lives matter
I don't know you well Vyst but good luck anyways. You are the first person I know to surgically have a wingsuit removed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb
How fat was vyst?

goninzo
Aug 26, 2009

All around decent avatar
Vyst and I were never close or anything, but I wish you luck man. All that exercise will help keep you strong through this.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

he offered to have a suit made for me i think?

Would you gently caress me? I'd gently caress me.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Landsknecht posted:

How fat was vyst?

Pretty sure this has been posted on SA so shut up any digi accusers.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Dude is like 220 now and runs marathons n poo poo

OpticalRape
Nov 26, 2010
How do I get mittani bux?

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Orange Red Bull posted:

Dude is like 220 now and runs marathons n poo poo

Yea, I'm sure he's done even better than that photo by now. It's dated like three years ago.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

OpticalRape posted:

How do I get mittani bux?

That 50 krab kill streak was pretty impressive :golfclap:

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
He lost me twice over :stare:

And here I feel like I'm killing myself over 5 kilos.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
Good luck with the surgery dude.

Between that and Deadtear's puppy posting this is the feelgood thread of the year

harlyq
May 9, 2014

The taint is real

Drythe posted:

So this is what I'm going to look like when I hit my goal of 250 from 450 currently 380. I want to see an after photo of vyst so I know how sexy I'll be in future.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

So, how do clothes fit when you have that much extra skin? Do you have to size up?

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
I'M NOT TRYING TO GET BIG AND BULKY OKAY WE ALL FAIL DIFFERENT GOALS
I can't speak for him but you wear compression clothes to keep the skin in one place.

And two other goons did this a year or so ago, guy and girl. Both came out looking amazing with some light scarring at the hips.

Good luck dude.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So for level 4 missions are autocannons or artillery better? Autocannons have better DPS and tracking but artillery has better range and alpha.

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So for level 4 missions are autocannons or artillery better? Autocannons have better DPS and tracking but artillery has better range and alpha.

Auto

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Phosphene posted:

I can't speak for him but you wear compression clothes to keep the skin in one place.

And two other goons did this a year or so ago, guy and girl. Both came out looking amazing with some light scarring at the hips.

Good luck dude.

if you want more feelgood goon stories: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3519598

might be nws because they for some reason like to show of their new bodies

WhoNeedsAName
Nov 30, 2013

Good luck Vyst. Hope everything goes well for you.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Vyst is essentially the poster child of YLLS success stories. Other people have lost as much weight but the fact that he did it in under a year is mind boggling.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Vyst just decided to apply the same scrutiny to his fat as he did to the auth process, and walla!

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
So fun eve story time about how I'm poo poo but MoA is more poo poo -

I'm flying a nullified/cloak Tengu with a rack of ECM and rapid light launchers, heading up to Dek on a mission to break out a Dread. The idea being that if I gently caress up and tell him the undock is clear when someone just comes out of warp, I'll be able to fight off/jam off a random tackle interceptor.

Anyway I jump into a MoA camp with a svipul, 5 interceptors, and a griffin. No problem, cloak and run - except I got a bit to antsy and tried to clock in the same tick as starting alignment, so the cloak failed - and the Svipul had me locked before I got a 2nd chance to cloak. I panic, lock up these guys, overheat everything, and start throwing jams out. I immediately destroy the griffin, but I'm going down fast. Then 4 of the interceptors just loving leave - leaving me with just a the svipul and a stiletto. I put my minmatar jam on the svipul and all the offracials on the stiletto - I got the svipul jammed, but not the stiletto. I start railing into him with my rapid lights, and he eventually pops, but not before a crow from the earlier inty wave comes back and tackles me. I jam him immediately, and spam warp to the outgate. While in warp, I suddenly remember the weapons timer. I arrive at the outgate with 15 seconds left, and the svipul already beat me to the gate. I spend the next 15 seconds getting owned, and jump through the gate at 60% structure. It was amazing. Also I got that dread out.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

ullerrm posted:

Generally, the Mach is superior. However, the Maelstrom is still pretty decent due to its shield boosting bonus.

Mach vs. Rattlesnake? Can you recommend a fit for either of them that isn't the typical 1.5B gank-bait that gets posted on the eve-o forums?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Jazzzzz posted:

Mach vs. Rattlesnake? Can you recommend a fit for either of them that isn't the typical 1.5B gank-bait that gets posted on the eve-o forums?

Just a general t2 fit will work fine with the mach.

Consider also though that the Mach's performance scales with SP and good modules. The Maelstrom actually seems to outperform it at lower SP and with budget fits, at least when the purchase cost is considered.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb
How's the spacewar going? Has fighting settled down? Nobody's posting about it in the thread that's supposed to be about it

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
ships were destroyed in space

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

Foehammer007 posted:

ships were destroyed in space

This is the single most informative update I've heard on the space fights.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Test keep trying to bomb DBRBs interceptor fleet and are hitting PH fleets over and over instead.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

BigPaddy posted:

Test keep trying to bomb DBRBs interceptor fleet and are hitting PH fleets over and over instead.

Good maybe we can finally reset test gently caress those guys

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I just got home and it is time to log on!!

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Drythe posted:

This was a pretty big inspiration for me when I started working out. Best of luck in the surgery and the recovery, Vyst.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

BigPaddy posted:

PH were anchoring a Citadel but boat showed up in a sword fleet and stopped them and ended up blowing up the citadel with a 150 man torp bomber support fleet.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

Zephyrine posted:

PH were anchoring a Citadel but boat showed up in a sword fleet and stopped them and ended up blowing up the citadel with a 150 man torp bomber support fleet.

bark bark?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Landsknecht posted:

How's the spacewar going? Has fighting settled down? Nobody's posting about it in the thread that's supposed to be about it

Horde sov in fade is still under siege with the do6h constellation mostly conquered by GSF but the adms are too low for it to be considered secure, while Horde has stabilized their other two constellations in fade. Dek sov is harassed at times but hasn't come under any sustained assault that resulted in the occupiers losing sov. Darkness did reinforce all of the stations in the cockpocket (the secure fade constellation) but no TCUs/IHUBs (which was an odd choice) last night.

Pure blind continues to mostly be ignored on a strategic level but most of the original occupiers have been driven out - all but moa, and some russians that I think are from a former GSF russian corp that was booted. Moa holds a swath of low-adm systems that aren't very secure but are also not really worth attacking (and moa is spergy enough to drive off solohacking, though unable to contest any serious attempt on the space they currently hold). The russians own a pocket that's currently pretty secure due to high adms. TISHU and Horde have been almost completely evicted from Pure Blind, but PL/NC still dominate the npc pocket and it continues to be a bad idea to travel through x-7. There is an incursion by some people I've never heard of but i am told are drone walkers into the D2- pocket, they've taken a station system but D2 itself has ludicrously high ADMs so our defense there is pretty secure. The other two stations are securely in GSF hands, and the hostile ihubs in the systems are reinforced. They do own sov in a stationless system as well.

GSF controls eastern pure blind (which has never come under serious attack), EXE has conquered part of western pure blind, and parts between fade and the NPC pocket in western pb are weakly controlled by gsf/allies, with some stuff still outside our control.

PL has continued to put a lot of effort into holding 93pi, nc. just lost their ec- ihub though so EC- is mostly returned to GSF control (station is freeported, ihub/tcu are GSF).

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Landsknecht posted:

CO2 is being pooped on really hard by the Russians.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
a PL guy today thought he would be cute and solo a clownshoe with his thanatos, and was slain for his trouble

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Nietzschean posted:

a PL guy today thought he would be cute and solo a clownshoe with his thanatos, and was slain for his trouble

While the clownshoes doctrine amuses me to no end, I cannot imagine it is what Fozzie had in mind when designing his sov system. :laugh:

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Venom Snake posted:

CO2 is being pooped on really hard by the Russians.

They should call some friends for hel... Oh

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Siets posted:

While the clownshoes doctrine amuses me to no end, I cannot imagine it is what Fozzie had in mind when designing his sov system. :laugh:

it is certainly generating lots of small fights :shrug:

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Horde newbies ratting belts in T1 fit destroyers, is the new low point of my opinion of their organisation.
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=480784&find=unread

Are they being told to do this for ADMs over something that would actually help a new player?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Khablam posted:

Are they being told to do this

no

there is a guide where a brand new player can skill train for 10 minutes and fly a catalyst capable of killing belt rats for isk i think?

• Locked thread