Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I'm on Xbox so I have no base settings.

This is good. Or bad. I don't know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

InterFaced posted:

When I first started playing this game I hated Sweden. Now its one of my favorites. It's very chill and zen when you get the hang of it. Honestly maybe I just love Sweden for the "pooomph" sound your car makes when landing snowy jumps.

... Actually, now that I think about it I'm trying to think of a video game with better audio than Dirt: Rally right now and I'm coming up blank.

Race room experience. That's about it.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

Sadistic posted:

Your base device settings are going to be important as well.

He is using a G920 which on Windows doesn't give you advanced options anymore because of the new logitech gaming software. Also I think he is on xbox.

Laserface posted:

I'm on Xbox so I have no base settings.

This is good. Or bad. I don't know.

I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Also soft lock will force the wheel to "stop" by FFB. If you are in a car with 520 degrees of rotation and your wheel does 900 it will prevent you from trying to turn it past 520.

Edit: By the looks of it, a beta version of the logitech software is out that allows you to tweak FFB on the newer wheels.

SPACE HOMOS fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Apr 22, 2016

Pretty Cool Name
Jan 8, 2010

wat

Edmond Dantes posted:

Well, how many times did you pull a Thelma and Louise in Montecarlo or hugged a tree in Finland before getting there? He remembers. He remembers.

More than a handful!

Nevermind my lovely driving in this video. But, have any one else had this happen with the split times when running against community delta?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ck3tQ4sI0c&t=163s

e: third split an onwards

Pretty Cool Name fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Apr 23, 2016

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Yeah, I've no idea why that happens.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Am I high as a kite or is one of the pace calls "be brave"?

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Yeah, it's in one of the Germany stages. Pacenotes are all recorded on a per-stage basis so they can do one-off poo poo like that.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Yep, be brave basically means you can take this corner faster than you think. The corner it goes on I think turns uphill, so the car presses into the ground through the apex so you have all the grip you need if you trust the car.

I still lift there.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

Finally got to run through all the stages of the goon league. Those were some of the most clean runs I've done on Wales. Although I'm not sure what I might be doing wrong but I didn't get to setup the car before the first stage again.

MeatloafCat
Apr 10, 2007
I can't think of anything to put here.
Yeah I didn't get the setup page on the first stage either.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

on that note - why doesnt the daily event let you setup the car, and is the car setup 'perfect'?

I imagine its to put everyone on even playing field wrt driving ability rather than finding perfect setup.

Sadistic
Dec 1, 2004
In his image God made me ugly.

Laserface posted:

on that note - why doesnt the daily event let you setup the car, and is the car setup 'perfect'?

I imagine its to put everyone on even playing field wrt driving ability rather than finding perfect setup.

That would be my guess as well.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Even if they don't let us mess with car settings it'd be nice if the daily events had a shakedown available. If you're driving a car you haven't played with in awhile its nice to get a feel for it before letting loose. I know sometimes the second daily has it and the weekly events do too. I just wish it was universal.

E: yeah I could just look at what the daily is and do a custom event first or something but :effort:

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

has there been any talk of DLC for this? I dont know if there is more than finland/greece/wales/germany/sweden as thats all I seem to be doing in open and club, but i could use some variety.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

There's Monte Carlo too. There likely won't be any more DLC, they wanna get started on a new game.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Another Tarmac rally would be cool. Corsica....

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Game is a deal of the day on amazon on ps4. I'm still debating if I want to play it on the big screen.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Yes you do

Fingat
May 17, 2004

You are a bad influence on my wallet.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Buy good racing sim; enjoy said sim

Fingat
May 17, 2004

My trepidation was that I have it on pc already.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I double dipped on it, and have done so with PCARS, and will for Assetto Corsa.

Dirt Rally in the PC or the console is no significant change. Game runs extraordinarily well on the ps4 and looks great too.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Is it possible to use "normal" cars on Pikes peak yet ? I don't find the unlimited class hillclimb cars fun.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Also why do the unlimited cars seem to have zero downforce? if im pulling 200km/h I would imagine the gently caress-off-huge wing on the Quattro should be adding something in the grip dept

Sadistic
Dec 1, 2004

Fingers McGee posted:

Game is a deal of the day on amazon on ps4. I'm still debating if I want to play it on the big screen.

You could just plug your PC into the TV as well.

I'd be doing that but I wouldn't have anything to connect the wheel to.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

Only took me 400 hours, but I've finally beaten dirt rally

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I LIKE TO SMOKE WEE posted:

Only took me 400 hours, but I've finally beaten dirt rally

Yesssssssss

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Sadistic posted:

You could just plug your PC into the TV as well.

I'd be doing that but I wouldn't have anything to connect the wheel to.

Yea but the HDMI cable I would need to reach it would cost more than the ps4 version.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I use an hdmi cable to connect my PC to a had tv. There's some annoying poo poo that keeps it from being a perfect solution.

Windows resizing upon game exit, having to constantly switch sound outputs, navigating Windows, etc

Sadistic
Dec 1, 2004
Good points.

My PC is already close enough to the TV that I have it set up as my 3rd monitor and my PC speakers are better than what the TV has so I just use those. I guess it may not be as feasible for everyone else.

I do use one of these for going from PC headphones to the speakers if that helps anyone http://www.amazon.com/Plantronics-H..._=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

Pretty Cool Name
Jan 8, 2010

wat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aheCQKlV_z4

Would play with that mod.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMJHd-2ZatI

None of us will ever make a start this cool.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

njsykora posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMJHd-2ZatI

None of us will ever make a start this cool.

:psypop:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Do other cars become unlocked for hill climb and rally cross or am I stuck playing with what's available from the get go?

Sadistic
Dec 1, 2004

holocaust bloopers posted:

Do other cars become unlocked for hill climb and rally cross or am I stuck playing with what's available from the get go?

There are 4 Hillclimb cars, 3 classic and 1 modern

10 Rallycross cars, 1 classic, 3 1600s, and 6 supercars.

All of those are available as soon as you have the money for them and nothing unlocks after that.

Sadistic
Dec 1, 2004
Also new Goonleague has gone active and it's Germany. Come race fuckers.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Sadistic posted:

There are 4 Hillclimb cars, 3 classic and 1 modern

10 Rallycross cars, 1 classic, 3 1600s, and 6 supercars.

All of those are available as soon as you have the money for them and nothing unlocks after that.

Yea, that's what I thought. Can't drive the older Imprezas in hill climb or rally cross.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
Can PS4 goons join the goon league? Or is it PC only? In other news I had a fun time doing a shakedown... http://youtu.be/9rtrVvV0wfE

I love this game.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I've put in a lot more hours in Dirt Rally this weekend.

It's really quite a lovely sim. I wish Codemasters would drop more tracks, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sadistic
Dec 1, 2004
No the leagues are not cross platform which is really dumb. It would be so easy for them to implement too since we aren't even one the stage at the same time.

Edit:You could always start your own PS4 goon league if nobody has already done it.

• Locked thread