Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
For those who care, Thomas confirmed on Twitter that TOS Ships can use 4 digit registries, Daedalus can use 3 and NX-class can use 2 in the new expansion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe
So, all the aliens in the new expansion will look just like humans, right? And there will be nazis and native americans and romans and communists and the american flag and space Lincoln, right? And the rules of time travel better be different in every mission, and everyone needs to have 60's hairstyles, or I'm not buying it going to make a mean sig for the official forums.

Zoerp
Sep 29, 2012

Lord of the Seas

g0del posted:

So, all the aliens in the new expansion will look just like humans, right? And there will be nazis and native americans and romans and communists and the american flag and space Lincoln, right? And the rules of time travel better be different in every mission, and everyone needs to have 60's hairstyles, or I'm not buying it going to make a mean sig for the official forums.

I saved you the leg work.

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday
I said it before, but I hope they wholesale import a bunch of stuff from Champions Online for wacky time travel/"Earth culture killed my dog CONTAMINATED this planet" episodes.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
Today I discovered that the radius limit on Subspace Party Amplifiers is nullified if the discos can't see each other. There's also a slight lag on the update code so you can stand just outside the limit, then sprint in and place it before the game updates. You can place two back to back on Admiral Quinn's wall.. There's one under the stairs in case you can't quite see it.
DANCE PARTY CENTRAL

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Welcome to the meta for literally the last three years, glad you caught up.

Can't even stack them right to make a proper disco sun, shameful.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Ambaire posted:

Today I discovered that the radius limit on Subspace Party Amplifiers is nullified if the discos can't see each other. There's also a slight lag on the update code so you can stand just outside the limit, then sprint in and place it before the game updates. You can place two back to back on Admiral Quinn's wall.. There's one under the stairs in case you can't quite see it.
DANCE PARTY CENTRAL

Reported for exploit, Ambaire-style! :hehe:

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Psycho Landlord posted:

Welcome to the meta for literally the last three years, glad you caught up.

Can't even stack them right to make a proper disco sun, shameful.

I'm glad you approve, thank you.

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

Aleth posted:

Reported for exploit, Ambaire-style! :hehe:

Same but not joking. gently caress you Ambaire.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
There has been absolute radio silence from Nagus since his forum ban -- no reddit comments or twitter activity. He can't help himself from shitposting relentlessly on anything STO-related, so I can only assume he's in the midst of a pretty major breakdown. I wonder what's been in Trendy's inbox the last few days.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Aw man, I found an old nx code I got that was obviously expired, I could have grappled. At least I have... a shuttle...!!

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
You lack faith.

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...
I'm sure someone around here who claimed their free Enterprise bundle, back when that was a giveaway, who also bought stuff from the Mirror Guardian sale would probably have a spare NX code lying around.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
So I;m just now getting back into the game after years of not playing (The last time I played was when it was still Pay to Play and I stopped because I hit a mission where I needed a higher level but all I had access to was low exp dailies). How do I go about joining one of the goon fleets?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

mateo360 posted:

I stopped because I hit a mission where I needed a higher level but all I had access to was low exp dailies)

Got some bad news for you

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.

mateo360 posted:

So I;m just now getting back into the game after years of not playing (The last time I played was when it was still Pay to Play and I stopped because I hit a mission where I needed a higher level but all I had access to was low exp dailies). How do I go about joining one of the goon fleets?

First you tell us you @handle, and ask for an invite to the channel. Then you ask in the channel for an invite. If anyone's on they'll take care of it. Maybe. It's a lot of effort. (It's no effort.)

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Have they fixed the fleet cap they broke a few patches ago yet?

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Technical Analysis posted:

First you tell us you @handle, and ask for an invite to the channel. Then you ask in the channel for an invite. If anyone's on they'll take care of it. Maybe. It's a lot of effort. (It's no effort.)

okay. I am @decadesentai

could I get a channel invite please?

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Aleth posted:

Have they fixed the fleet cap they broke a few patches ago yet?
Well. It's no longer capped at 100 or whatever super low number they accidentally set it to. It's back to where it's supposed to be, at 500. Of course, we spent months with no fleet cap at all, so this isn't much of a fix for the handful of fleets which took advantage to grow really large.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Well NoP was below 500, not sure about Dental.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Heads up, Looks like they are doing a promotion where the prize isn't complete loving garbage.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

The xp is on ground maps only :laffo:

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

But do they spin.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

If you watch the trailer, they do.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Just toss that tribble into the pile of other "super ultra rare" tribbles that nobody uses because of gambling device supremacy.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

And as always, because it's loving annoying to find, here's where you put the code

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.
So it's a lame tribble and a chance to win some poo poo that'll take up space in your closet. Pass.

Nice that they're still trying to do giveaways though.

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

Technical Analysis posted:

So it's a lame tribble and a chance to win some poo poo that'll take up space in your closet. Pass.

Nice that they're still trying to do giveaways though.

Think I got a ship upgrade token as well. At least I had one show up in my Promotions tab in the store. It's an account bound token.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
This new daily limit on admiralty campaign XP is really loving low. I can do basically 8 missions, get my crits and that's it. No point queuing up any more because I'm already over cap. :flaccid:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Campaign xp is worthless in comparison to the other rewards anyway

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
I only do Admiralty stuff for the normal XP and whatever rewards the 10/10 Tour of Duty mission gives you. I can crank out a spec point a day easy due to having like 80+ ships in my roster. Hell, I bought half of that new space only tree the day it came out due to accumulated points.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

MREBoy posted:

Hell, I bought half of that new space only tree the day it came out due to accumulated points.

I probably could burn up more stuff, but to be honest, when it comes to spec my characters are either pilot and half Intel, or Intel and half pilot. Couldn't be hosed thinking about it after that.

Thinking of moving them all to full pilot just for the extra turn %, though. All about turn. Always.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

DancingShade posted:

This new daily limit on admiralty campaign XP is really loving low. I can do basically 8 missions, get my crits and that's it. No point queuing up any more because I'm already over cap. :flaccid:
Eh, it's still worth queueing up more since you can get free dilithium and credits and spec XP for almost no effort. A crit on those very rare material events gives you a boatload of them too, so definitely try and max those.

In general though... yeah, unless the missing rewards dilithium or very rare R&D mats I mostly just shrug and throw random ships in for 10-60% success chances until the klingon tour of duty chain comes up, since hey it's like 32k free dil every week and a half. And there's no real reason to log in every half hour for the drat jobs like they seem to want you to. :effort:

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

quote:

[5/11 6:50] [UFPMedia] MJ Do'it@NemesisChiken: i would like to see a discoball inhibitor

[5/11 6:51] [UFPMedia] MJ Do'it@NemesisChiken: that has the same radius as the dance block

[5/11 6:51] [UFPMedia] Kathrine Janeway@bwhorton: lol

[5/11 6:51] [UFPMedia] MJ Do'it@NemesisChiken: that way if you dont like them, u get the inhibitor and no one can bomb you with them

[5/11 6:52] [UFPMedia] Kathrine Janeway@bwhorton: see i use em but it wont bother me if they go from risa

[5/11 6:52] [UFPMedia] MJ Do'it@NemesisChiken: they have their time and place

[5/11 6:52] [UFPMedia] MJ Do'it@NemesisChiken: for sure

[5/11 6:52] [UFPMedia] Kathrine Janeway@bwhorton: agreed

[5/11 6:52] [UFPMedia] Ursella daughter of Ch'ang@krazyivan1965: those balls destroy my eyes lol

[5/11 6:52] [UFPMedia] MJ Do'it@NemesisChiken: they make great signal flares

[5/11 6:52] [UFPMedia] MJ Do'it@NemesisChiken: well thats the thing

[5/11 6:53] [UFPMedia] MJ Do'it@NemesisChiken: some people have REAL problems with the lights

[5/11 6:53] [UFPMedia] Kathrine Janeway@bwhorton: especially the superbrights the trolls use...

[5/11 6:53] [UFPMedia] MJ Do'it@NemesisChiken: and even many normal people will after prolonged exposure to these lights can develop headaches and eye strain

[5/11 6:53] [UFPMedia] Kathrine Janeway@bwhorton: have u seen those..very annoying

[5/11 6:54] [UFPMedia] MJ Do'it@NemesisChiken: no

[5/11 6:54] [UFPMedia] MJ Do'it@NemesisChiken: they run some buff that luminates them more?

[5/11 6:55] [UFPMedia] Kathrine Janeway@bwhorton: they are bigger and twice as bright as that was u get in one u cant see ur toon on screen

[5/11 6:55] [UFPMedia] Kinneas@Kinneas: :) I would like a way to reduce the visual effects in space combat down to little more that you would see on TV. Its sfx overload. weapons alone are too hard to follow.

[5/11 6:55] [UFPMedia] Xur@thekodanarmada#7342: It's true. Dental has big balls.

The set up was too good to resist.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
Our D is bigger and more exciting. Pubbies fear and envy the D, for the D consumes them with a passion that they cannot comprehend.

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

Preechr posted:

Our D is bigger and more exciting. Pubbies fear and envy the D, for the D consumes them with a passion that they cannot comprehend.

It's true.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

So.. is this game actually getting better over time? I haven't played in like 2 years. Or maybe sooner. I have a Romulus with a scimitar ship. Is that still OK?

Do I need to spend money to be OK still?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Bass
Feb 22, 2006

grimcreaper posted:

Do I need to spend money to be OK still?

You spent money?

• Locked thread