Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
How come Gwen's the only one that has one of those doohickeys, anyhow? And until the reveal I thought the crossover was going bonkers and the dude was doing something to Jessica's backpack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
She's the only one of the three who's active in the interdimensional antics in Web Warriors.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Speaking of Web Warriors, god drat they immediately revealed that Mayday & Billy were still alive. You'd think they would have at least waited a little while. I mean if you're going to do a bait-and-switch maybe try and stretch it out a little while longer. Unless they're getting antsy about making it past issue 12...

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I really like how expressive the faces were on Spider-Gwen this week. This Bengal guy (?) does good work.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Yvonmukluk posted:

Speaking of Web Warriors, god drat they immediately revealed that Mayday & Billy were still alive. You'd think they would have at least waited a little while. I mean if you're going to do a bait-and-switch maybe try and stretch it out a little while longer. Unless they're getting antsy about making it past issue 12...

Weren't you JUST complaining that it looked like they were dead?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I haven't read any of this week's comics yet, but if anyone read that last issue and thought they died I'd think it was the first comic book they'd ever read.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Blockhouse posted:

Weren't you JUST complaining that it looked like they were dead?

Look if they're going to make a big deal about 'killing off' these characters, they should at least COMMIT to the drat bit. It kind of undermines the stakes somewhat if they double back on this in the very next issue.

X-O posted:

I haven't read any of this week's comics yet, but if anyone read that last issue and thought they died I'd think it was the first comic book they'd ever read.

Well, I knew that (and even stated as much), but I was expecting them to wait a little longer before the reveal.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Finally caught up on Spider-Man 2099, it's an interesting book but I agree with the people in the general chat thread that said the book feels aimless. I'm curious what PAD is doing on this book, he keeps introducing characters/events and putting them into play, but then moving on to something else quickly. On the one hand, I think it's cool that he's writing an ongoing book that isn't easily compartmentalized into trades. He's got all these balls in the air from the pre-SW 2099 volume and Secret Wars 2099 (Tempest, the Captain America from the SW timeline, the Maestro and the corrupted 2099 future) and a bunch of stuff from this volume as well (like the Inhumans stuff, the robot terrorists, Tempest's mom)...but I have no real sense that it's all building to some conclusion or adhering in some way. Hopefully the book lasts long enough for him to tie this stuff together.

It's neat to see some 2099 characters like Venom and Goblin return in the new arc, I've been a bit disappointing in the "Miguel's 2099 is corrupted" story as it has kept us from having any fun cameos like the Punisher 2099 one during Spiderverse. The new Spidey 2099 custom still sucks though.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I miss Scarlet Spider...:smith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWuqFnbLLGE

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

He's coming back in Dead No More. Because Dan Slott apparently decided he wanted to do his own Clone Saga.

Also apparently the Web Warriors are tying into that as well. Whih I suppose makes sense, because they desperately, desperately need a sales boost. They're at at <20k sales now, I think.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yvonmukluk posted:

He's coming back in Dead No More. Because Dan Slott apparently decided he wanted to do his own Clone Saga.

Also apparently the Web Warriors are tying into that as well. Whih I suppose makes sense, because they desperately, desperately need a sales boost. They're at at <20k sales now, I think.

So, any bets on if Dan Slott remembers Aracely exists after the last time he did anything with her it was her getting beaten up offscreen by Morlin?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

ImpAtom posted:

So, any bets on if Dan Slott remembers Aracely exists after the last time he did anything with her it was her getting beaten up offscreen by Morlin?

He will have her get beat by Spidercide

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

Yvonmukluk posted:

Im a lapsed reader but every now and then check in on whats going on. What's the story here? You think this'll be any good? Im inclined to check it out since Clone Saga was the big thing for me and comics growing up. Weird, I know, but I loved it.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

sigmachiev posted:

Im a lapsed reader but every now and then check in on whats going on. What's the story here? You think this'll be any good? Im inclined to check it out since Clone Saga was the big thing for me and comics growing up. Weird, I know, but I loved it.

I think I'm probably the most vocal (if not the only member) of the BSS Dan Slott hate club, so I'm pretty biased against it on principle.

Basically, it seems the Jackal (who's now running around in a red suit and Anubis mask) is rounding up supervillains, trying to get them to join them by resurrecting their dead loved ones through the power of cloning. He's also running around with a Gwen clone, because of course he is.

Peter Parker now owns his own tech company, which was created by Doctor Octopus when he took over Peter's body.

Kaine, who has been the new Scarlet Spider, is apparently coming back after getting killed off in Spider-Verse

Riht now we don't really know anything about Dead No More other than those two facts.

Personally, considering the end result of Slott's last big Spider-Man event was Spider-Verse, I'm really not looking forward to it.

But as I mentioned, I'm probably one of the most biased.

You might want to look into Chris Yost's run on Scarlet Spider for more details on Kaine.

Also maybe DeFalco & Mackie's Clone Saga miniseries if you haven't yet, it's not related to Dead No More but it was apparently based on the original outline for that story before it got so bloated.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Scarlet Spider not being handled by Yost is concerning.

Scarlet Spider being handled by Slott puts me on suicide watch.

God drat you, Slott.

Castomira
Feb 24, 2011

Fuck you Eva Marie, if you have to be right there next to all of my posts you don't even get to have red hair. You're a dryad now.
:froggonk:
I'm kind of excited for it just because I want to enjoy the weirdness of Spider-Gwen finally interacting with her Prime Earth counterpart.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Amazing Spider-Man has been pretty good lately. The new status quo is a breath of fresh air, and seems to have turned around a few of us on Slott.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Amazing Spiderman HAS been good, this is true. But I still don't trust him tinkering with other characters.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Tato posted:

It's neat to see some 2099 characters like Venom and Goblin return in the new arc, I've been a bit disappointing in the "Miguel's 2099 is corrupted" story as it has kept us from having any fun cameos like the Punisher 2099 one during Spiderverse. The new Spidey 2099 custom still sucks though.

Tell me you've been reading Contest of Champions.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The new Spider-Man 2099 costume is amazing. What's wrong with you.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Hi, I'm here to talk to you about Megamorphs.

Megamorphs ruled and I'm glad it's coming back in Web Warriors.

Thank you. This has been the first post about Megamorphs in a decade. That's my time.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
There is a Comixology Spidey trade sale and I'm interested on what's good? I have the Masterworks and BND ones and I'm set on getting Edge of Spider-verse already.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Schneider Heim posted:

There is a Comixology Spidey trade sale and I'm interested on what's good? I have the Masterworks and BND ones and I'm set on getting Edge of Spider-verse already.

Well, Civil War: Peter Parker, Spider-Man is collecting a few issues of a rather underrated book.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

The new Spider-Man 2099 costume is amazing. What's wrong with you.

It's been drawn on a few variant covers by artists who don't seem to e able to grasp the design.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Little Mac posted:

Hi, I'm here to talk to you about Megamorphs.

Megamorphs ruled and I'm glad it's coming back in Web Warriors.

Thank you. This has been the first post about Megamorphs in a decade. That's my time.

The Megamorphs are in Web Warriors? This I gotta see!

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Well I wasn't expecting that guy to show up in Spider-Man/Deadpool. :stare:

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Just read Spider-Man #4 and wow, Ganke is a jerkbag.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yeah, Miles has every right to be pissed.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yvonmukluk posted:

I love that Joe Kelly brought that up. Joe Kelly rules.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

Yvonmukluk posted:

What was it?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Mr Hootington posted:

What was it?

Peter died for a bit and Mephisto mocks him because he will never feel complete because of their deal, no matter how much good he does.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
It also poo poo all over bringing Mysterio back.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

SirDan3k posted:

It also poo poo all over bringing Mysterio back.
Please explain.

I'm not trying to be a dick, I had just nearly forgotten Mysterio was ever dead and I'm not sure how this comic poo poo on that.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Mysterio is in hell working for Mephisto having made a deal to torment Peter in the book.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Mysterio's not actually dead, he's in a coma. He was using that thing that someone left in his hospital room a couple issues ago and hijacked Pete's soul into limbo. I assume that the person that left it there was the reveal in the last panel of this issue.

At the end of the issue we see Mysterio has come out of the coma and escaped.

EDIT: Also do you mean that he died when the Ultimate Universe went away in Secret Wars? That's the only possible death I can think of since he was there. I'd just assumed when it was put back together he was put back in the correct universe.

X-O fucked around with this message at 06:06 on May 28, 2016

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

The old Quentin Beck suicide in Daredevil was what i figured it was about. Slott brought him back, it was dumb as he was not missed.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I remember there was a Howard Mackie plot involving Mysterio coming back from his confrontation with Daredevil; it sort of tied into the Senator Ward storyline but I don't think it was ever satisfactorily resolved.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Peter died for a bit and Mephisto mocks him because he will never feel complete because of their deal, no matter how much good he does.

haha. that is great. Wonder if they will undue BND with some monkey paw poo poo.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Wheat Loaf posted:

I remember there was a Howard Mackie plot involving Mysterio coming back from his confrontation with Daredevil; it sort of tied into the Senator Ward storyline but I don't think it was ever satisfactorily resolved.

I remember an issue of Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-man that had a guy aping Mysterio's style terrorizing Peter's school, and then a ghost Mysterio showed up to mess with him, then the final panel said "NEXT ISSUE: THREE MYSTERIOS?" and I stopped reading that book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Ever since I saw Goblin 2099 on the cover solicit for Spidey 2099 #11, I was looking forward to Peter David finding a tongue in cheek way to address the old issue of the first Spider-Man 2099 series when the identity of Goblin was changed without his knowledge after he left the book. (See http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2013/03/15/comic-book-legends-revealed-410/2/).

I was not disappointed, the jokes about the identity switch begin on page 1 and continue all throughout. You can always count on PAD to deliver the goods by referencing minute things he wrote 20 years ago and almost no one read. :hellyeah:

• Locked thread