Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb
Finally started getting my Grunil pieces higher than +5 on my wiz. Got almost all my pieces to +9 but now I need to recover max durability. No biggie I thought - I'll just craft my Grunil pieces with my workers since I have a bunch of mats for it.

I have two blue Grunil pieces though - helmet and chest. It wouldn't let me use a normal Grunil piece to recover durability for either of these. Do I seriously have to just hope RNGesus is giving me blue Grunil's when I craft in order to recover durability on these?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

HotBobaloo posted:

If 4 piece Grunil considered the best armor for every class besides boss armor? Or would there be some specific combo for Sorceress and Wizard that is better?

Almost every class uses Grunil gloves and hat for the large AP boost and extra sockets, but many gain a bit more from something else in the chest and boot slots.

Someone recently posted that wizards use 2 Grunil (gloves+hat) and 2 Taritas, for example. Tamers do well with 2 Grunil 2 Zereth, and I know warriors do some weird poo poo too. A lot of sorceresses seem to use 4 Grunil, but I went 2 Grunil 2 Heve for the larger hp bonus. Many of her abilities scale on health, so an extra 100 hp seemed more substantive than 2 ap. Heve robes also look way more interesting imo

Unsinkabear fucked around with this message at 23:41 on May 9, 2016

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

fletcher posted:

Finally started getting my Grunil pieces higher than +5 on my wiz. Got almost all my pieces to +9 but now I need to recover max durability. No biggie I thought - I'll just craft my Grunil pieces with my workers since I have a bunch of mats for it.

I have two blue Grunil pieces though - helmet and chest. It wouldn't let me use a normal Grunil piece to recover durability for either of these. Do I seriously have to just hope RNGesus is giving me blue Grunil's when I craft in order to recover durability on these?
You can use green grunil and select the "equipment + silver" option or whatever it's called.

The reason everyone suggests you only blue / yellow armor after you hit +15 is because you will need to pay silver (I think +50k if you use green on blue, 200k if you use green on yellow) to repair higher tier armor with lower tier armor. Frankly I would start over on those pieces or it will cost you a ton of extra silver in repairs.

HotBobaloo posted:

If 4 piece Grunil considered the best armor for every class besides boss armor? Or would there be some specific combo for Sorceress and Wizard that is better?

There are some combinations that are better for certain classes but overall, 4-pc grunil is the most versatile and you can use it on any alt, which is great. For instance both sorc/wizard need casting speed and crit so you can just gem it up for that and switch between the two no problem.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

HotBobaloo posted:

Grunil is good for sorcs because it's hp and ap all in one which means maximum damage.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Do rangers use the Heve set instead of Grunil or am I high?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Do rangers use the Heve set instead of Grunil or am I high?
Some who had +15 Heve, full or partial, before Grunil was introduced, are skipping Grunil for the boss set. But that's just people who couldn't be arsed to fork over 400 more black stones.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

randombattle posted:

Grunil is good for sorcs because it's hp and ap all in one which means maximum damage.

See what I said above, 2grunil2heve gives you the same sockets, 5 of the 7 ap, and more than 50% more hp

Unsinkabear fucked around with this message at 03:54 on May 10, 2016

Placebo
Sep 21, 2009

Goo P-Nut Sack posted:

Rng update, after blowing up 50 million silver worth of jewelry in under ten seconds on Saturday, I got a consolation PRI Schultz belt last night :whitewater:

Figured it's going to take me another month before I have two of any jewelry again so I may as well not let those cursed stacks collect dust and taunt me.

I finished getting my liverto to +15 today and my armor is all +15 and all thats left is smashing together accessories and I'm terrified now.

I'm considering just farming the money for the accessories instead of farming them, seems easier almost, my luck on anything not schultz belt has been pretty bad.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
30 loving upgrade stones later

I may actually start giving a gently caress about my armor enchantments soon.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Maehwas awakening trailer is out and it seems like its less aoe oriented that Musas. Instead of wide spinning arcs it focuses on quick thrusts. Seems its more small scale pvp oriented, has a few knockdowns and knock ups and incredible forward reach. Doesn't look as mobile as using regular sword but its hard to notice in these videos. Musas have been using their guando almost exclusively for pvping in korea now so it would be interesting if the same happened with Maehwa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZUleHv_hrw

AppliedPhilosophy
Aug 7, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Maehwas awakening trailer is out and it seems like its less aoe oriented that Musas. Instead of wide spinning arcs it focuses on quick thrusts. Seems its more small scale pvp oriented, has a few knockdowns and knock ups and incredible forward reach. Doesn't look as mobile as using regular sword but its hard to notice in these videos. Musas have been using their guando almost exclusively for pvping in korea now so it would be interesting if the same happened with Maehwa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZUleHv_hrw

I'm digging the ice spear. I wonder if we'll get % freezing chance with it.

ioneye
Apr 24, 2008
Some thoughts about last nights pvp fight:

Be on loving mumble.

Follow directions.

Make sure to have some money for pots and repair and horse revive. Had to run to Heidel to stock up and repair :(

Dont group up, or wizards will wreck your poo poo. Spread the gently caress out

Group with a wizard/ranger and feed him rage. A 200% meteor with 140 AP will 1 shot players with less than 130dp. Wizards cast your protected area before going in for the extra
resistance/dp

Ignore valkyries, berserkers and warriors in the frontline. The other melee classes will get insta gibbed when caught in a knockdown or stun so go nuts.

Dont be caught walking around by yourself.

Get better gear. Honestly if you been playing at least from day 1 there's no reason to have at least all +15s and some MoS and WE. If you honestly need more hunters seals to get to +15 I''ll gladly to let people leech in my group if I start one up. Gear is everything in this game, a bad player with good gear will kill a good player with bad gear.

Batphone ParksNRec for more numbers.

If Lewtt says drop everything you are doing and get to X spot for pvp, then loving do it. Why the gently caress be in the guild at all

Buy Serendia specials and Melee/magic/ranged AP enhancers. Drink your rum. That makes a huge difference, specially for classes like wizards who has huge % attack modifiers. Have some in your inv in case of instantaneous pvp fight like last night

Sick on the enemie's wizards/rangers. If there's someone targeting me I can't do poo poo.

Berserkers are awesome with their lion king grapple move for assisting and stuff. Kill the gently caress if you see a zerker grapple someone

Last night was the most fun Ive had in this game yet so I hope we get more organized fights.

Pass it along to your non goon friends in the guild

ioneye fucked around with this message at 15:09 on May 10, 2016

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

AppliedPhilosophy posted:

I'm digging the ice spear. I wonder if we'll get % freezing chance with it.

I hope it doesn't. Freeze is good for wizards since its used to make space or setup residual/meteor. Not a lot of long wind up attack for plums.

Hy_C fucked around with this message at 14:45 on May 10, 2016

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Also the ninja is going to be even more samurai than the bladers when they get their awakening.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

That spear looks pretty cool

You might even say it sent a chill down my spine

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

gently caress yeah ice spear! I was hoping that would be it since I saw the concept art, but I didn't wanna jinx it.

Edit: upon watching the video I'm less excited, that's a lot of slow wind-ups. :ohdear: I guess I was hoping for something closer to an icy version of how the tamer bo staff handles. Maybe the freezes will buy you time for the wind-ups, I guess we'll have to wait and see

Unsinkabear fucked around with this message at 15:45 on May 10, 2016

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
How do people grind out armor stones? I've been playing for ~1 month now and just got all my armor to +9 and my sword/offhand is +12/11. Last night I felt pretty much useless as everything killed me however my build was royally hosed for skills so I'm working on fixing that now. Only 200 skill points to go :smithicide:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Your Loyal Vizier posted:

gently caress yeah ice spear! I was hoping that would be it since I saw the concept art, but I didn't wanna jinx it.

Edit: upon watching the video I'm less excited, that's a lot of slow wind-ups. :ohdear: I guess I was hoping for something closer to an icy version of how the tamer bo staff handles. Maybe the freezes will buy you time for the wind-ups, I guess we'll have to wait and see

I dont think any of these videos are done with attack or cast speed and they rarely do the broken poo poo yod see with cancelling so lets wait for some high end pvp videos from korea in a few days to see how it operates. I think the cone width and the spears reach is just enough to be really good at 1v1 pvping.

Goo P-Nut Sack
Feb 10, 2009

flyboi posted:

How do people grind out armor stones? I've been playing for ~1 month now and just got all my armor to +9 and my sword/offhand is +12/11. Last night I felt pretty much useless as everything killed me however my build was royally hosed for skills so I'm working on fixing that now. Only 200 skill points to go :smithicide:

This specifically is why I urged everyone in my clan to rush to 50 after launch, the people who didn't listen have missed out on now months of boss scrolls. I understand playing how you want to, but scrolls are the number one source of black stones and you're gimping yourself by the day not getting them. Not directed at you specifically but anyone else wondering why they're waaaaay behind.

To add a little more content, I average 15 boss scrolls a week through grinding and just picking up dailies. This nets me about 120 hunter's seals and maybe 20-30 black stones depending on how lucky my drops are.

Also also, before everyone jumps on me for being a grinding sperg or whatever, one person in my clan also rushed to 50 with me and then did all his life skill stuff for weeks. Just off of regular boss scroll dailies his gear is all +15 and he has a huge abundance of seals and stones. He's went out grinding at least ten times less than I have and I can say without a doubt his gear is better than mine (mostly because he has a horse shoe up his rear end).

Goo P-Nut Sack fucked around with this message at 16:38 on May 10, 2016

ioneye
Apr 24, 2008
Yeah boss scrolls will be your #1 source of stones. I have something like 600 stones in my bank, and I'm pretty casual... Finally hit level 53 yesterday, not that level makes that big of a difference compared to gear.

Make sure you spend all your loyalty points on scrolls. Each scroll you have is worth like 10 hunter seals, plus the black spirit dailies you should be getting like 100 seals a week.

also attend the guild boss scrolls. Sometimes we have like 4 scrolls and each drops like 7 seals so that's like almost 30 right there.

Oh and is the XL scrolls even worth it? Seems like we get better drops with small and medium scrolls

ioneye fucked around with this message at 16:48 on May 10, 2016

Bushwhacked
Oct 4, 2008

Ah-cha-ch-ch-cha-cha...
Not sure how the goon guilds are doing on capacity, but thought I'd throw it out there that my guild on Orwen is accepting new people. We're PVX but trying to recruit more PVP-focused people. Currently at 73 members, 86 guild points, weekly scroll boss parties on Saturdays and Sundays, daily guild missions, active Discord, friendly folks. PM me if you want more info.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Bushwhacked posted:

Not sure how the goon guilds are doing on capacity, but thought I'd throw it out there that my guild on Orwen is accepting new people. We're PVX but trying to recruit more PVP-focused people. Currently at 73 members, 86 guild points, weekly scroll boss parties on Saturdays and Sundays, daily guild missions, active Discord, friendly folks. PM me if you want more info.

They're poaching our dudes, WARRRRRR

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Grinding mobs for exp gets boring quick and I end up doing life skills or afk fishing..that's why I am only 34 and skilled 1 fishing, apprentice 1 training/trading, almost apprentice gathering/processing. I know being 50 is smart to do fast but it sucks to level in terms of fun factor. And it's not my class because I enjoy the class I just don't like mindless mob grinding. Eventually I will be 50 and join in on the scroll crew though :D

Bushwhacked
Oct 4, 2008

Ah-cha-ch-ch-cha-cha...

Your Loyal Vizier posted:

They're poaching our dudes, WARRRRRR
:black101:

Though I meant that more in the sense that if y'all are overflowing with goons, we'll take the sloppy seconds.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Bushwhacked posted:

:black101:

Though I meant that more in the sense that if y'all are overflowing with goons, we'll take the sloppy seconds.

thirds, or fourths if you include starfleet dental, fifths if you include the goons for trump

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

ioneye posted:

Some thoughts about last nights pvp fight:

Be on loving mumble.

Follow directions.

Make sure to have some money for pots and repair and horse revive. Had to run to Heidel to stock up and repair :(

Dont group up, or wizards will wreck your poo poo. Spread the gently caress out

Group with a wizard/ranger and feed him rage. A 200% meteor with 140 AP will 1 shot players with less than 130dp. Wizards cast your protected area before going in for the extra
resistance/dp

Ignore valkyries, berserkers and warriors in the frontline. The other melee classes will get insta gibbed when caught in a knockdown or stun so go nuts.

Dont be caught walking around by yourself.

Get better gear. Honestly if you been playing at least from day 1 there's no reason to have at least all +15s and some MoS and WE. If you honestly need more hunters seals to get to +15 I''ll gladly to let people leech in my group if I start one up. Gear is everything in this game, a bad player with good gear will kill a good player with bad gear.

Batphone ParksNRec for more numbers.

If Lewtt says drop everything you are doing and get to X spot for pvp, then loving do it. Why the gently caress be in the guild at all

Buy Serendia specials and Melee/magic/ranged AP enhancers. Drink your rum. That makes a huge difference, specially for classes like wizards who has huge % attack modifiers. Have some in your inv in case of instantaneous pvp fight like last night

Sick on the enemie's wizards/rangers. If there's someone targeting me I can't do poo poo.

Berserkers are awesome with their lion king grapple move for assisting and stuff. Kill the gently caress if you see a zerker grapple someone

Last night was the most fun Ive had in this game yet so I hope we get more organized fights.

Pass it along to your non goon friends in the guild

look at this bright and beautiful man, you should observe his observations

from now on we're gonna be doing FITE NITE so people can discover the wonderful intricacies of pvp. I'm gonna gun for an hour or half an hour before reset on weekends. We're gonna go to a dueling ring and we're gonna have people duel. In a safe goon setting. And then i'll order hyc to meteor all of you so you'll stop grouping up.

Placebo
Sep 21, 2009

lewtt posted:

from now on we're gonna be doing FITE NITE so people can discover the wonderful intricacies of pvp. I'm gonna gun for an hour or half an hour before reset on weekends. We're gonna go to a dueling ring and we're gonna have people duel. In a safe goon setting. And then i'll order hyc to meteor all of you so you'll stop grouping up.

Are parksandrecs people welcome.

I feel like my gear is getting to the okay point and at this point i just need to learn how to pvp better and red battlefield is just bad about that.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

lewtt posted:

Well before you go on a rampage threatening to kick people out tomorrow's my birthday so I will not be partaking this week.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

gently caress yeah spear weapons.
I'm so glad I'm focusing on Blader. Anything that gets me closer to a Dragoon.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Inzombiac posted:

gently caress yeah spear weapons.
I'm so glad I'm focusing on Blader. Anything that gets me closer to a Dragoon.

You misspelled Mat Cauthon

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
ice spear is boring, gently caress this dead game

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

is it because you can actually see what's going on instead of particle effects blanketing the screen

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

Obscurity posted:

Grinding mobs for exp gets boring quick and I end up doing life skills or afk fishing..that's why I am only 34 and skilled 1 fishing, apprentice 1 training/trading, almost apprentice gathering/processing. I know being 50 is smart to do fast but it sucks to level in terms of fun factor. And it's not my class because I enjoy the class I just don't like mindless mob grinding. Eventually I will be 50 and join in on the scroll crew though :D

Just stick with whatever makes the game fun for you. I didn't rush to 50 either and had a blast doing all the other poo poo in the game. Couple of my friends rushed to 50 and one of them got burnt out and totally quit the game.

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007
http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/83119-maehwa-and-musa-attack-speeddelay-bug-solved/

ATTN: samurais

as much as I dislike the official forum, this thread holds up

you can safely level chase 2 and ultimate chase and maintain your mobility

slice canceling is faster and does not cost stamina, to use it assign a key to WW and hold it while holding/tapping LMB to go as fast or slow as you need

not sure about the attack speed stuff, however

I mean you can just set WW to your F key since you won't be using it anyways since the kicks suck

GreatestNerdEver fucked around with this message at 23:00 on May 10, 2016

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

fletcher posted:

Just stick with whatever makes the game fun for you. I didn't rush to 50 either and had a blast doing all the other poo poo in the game. Couple of my friends rushed to 50 and one of them got burnt out and totally quit the game.

This is what I did and I got a baller horse, pro fishing/processing and soon the other professions. My problem right now is grinding out stones and having enough money to repair/build a fail stack drains me every time. I +13 my sword though during lunch so that was nice.

CountingWizard
Jul 6, 2004
Don't burn out on Black Desert. Grinding can be rewarding if done in moderation, but never force yourself to power through one aspect of the game. This game is about doing what you want, when you want. gently caress the pvp sperglords. PvP isn't even that much fun since overpowered gear and the level difference plays such a large role in sucess.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Word.
I just log in to round up as many imps that I can and now them down and repeat.

Goo P-Nut Sack
Feb 10, 2009

There's nothing wrong with life skilling, in fact I'm various levels of professional in three myself. Getting to 50 takes at most 20 hours, the game has been out for 2 months and change now. You're only hurting yourself not hitting it and then going from there. The pvp is incredibly fun, but grinding out min max gear is really for 1v1, which is absurdly imbalanced anyways. Group pvp is a blast and the game is built around it, and all you really need to participate in that is +15 armor all around so you don't get one shot.

I even said in my last post that I understand playing how you want, but I feel the game starts at level 50, so much opens up to you. You don't even have to bother grinding levels after that if you don't want to. Once you take the time to do it you'll look back and kick yourself for missing out for so long.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I heard this game was better than chess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

My witch is beautiful and I'm thinking of getting the character appearance pass to alter all of my other characters to have a similar "I survived anime nam" face