Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

lmao @ the official forums posted:

The E3 update will most likely include

1. Sharpshooter
2. 2 or more maps
3. balancing changes
4. Some sort of surprise.

I bet the surprise is why additional content has been delayed so much.

yeah, here's the surprise:
https://zippy.gfycat.com/VapidHatefulAxisdeer.webm
https://zippy.gfycat.com/AngelicZanyCoot.webm

oh wait

Psion fucked around with this message at 23:47 on May 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Luchadork posted:

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=117655

Render of the M14 rifle and the reveal that Sharpshooters grenade will be a freeze grenade.

First reply: "heck yes a scope on the M14"

Second reply: "nooooo a scope on the M14"

Kinda funny. I don't see a laser module on the gun anywhere, that was kind of the gun's main gimmick in KF1... but oh yeah, crosshairs.

Oh poo poo, buying extra ammo capacity! Yessssss

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

:sad:

pnutz
Jan 5, 2015

Theta Zero posted:

At this point, the dev quote "Hans is easy, just pull out your knife" has become an in-joke for the group I play with.

considering that the kf1 fleshpound for several months had a dev hack gimmick where you could easily decap them with a knife,...

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!
Honestly the most interesting thing isn't Sharps for me but the incap changes and the potential damage type changes. Suddenly, Support and Commando would have way more utility due to their incap skills and being able to pin a big guy down for easy disposal.

DikFaic
Dec 31, 2004

DikFaic fucked around with this message at 11:15 on May 7, 2016

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
Someone needs to tell the conductor that the solution to dealing with a good team isn't just spamming as many sirens as it possibly can.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
Is there some secret range dead zone with the crossbow or something? I swear no matter what I do I just can't hit anything past a certain distance. Aiming high, aiming low, aiming well ahead of the target. even static ones it seems once they're past a certain distance the bolts just vanish.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
I was thinking about how many of the skill options for a lot of perks are so much a non-choice when I remembered that Support 25 gives you the option between 15% bonus damage during zed time vs 5% armor effectiveness during zed time, both for you and your teammates.

Even if the perk made you and your allies 100% invincible during zed time, I'd still lean more towards 15% extra damage.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
No sharp till after E3.

Goddammit.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Ammo rebalance patch is live: http://steamcommunity.com/games/232090/announcements/detail/939376256549566331

Some good changes, but then:

Double Barrel
Cost per mag increased to 20 (from 10)

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

M79 capacity increased to 27. Time to blow poo poo up.

Questioner86
Feb 8, 2006
Gaming Freak Of Nature

Lemon-Lime posted:

Ammo rebalance patch is live: http://steamcommunity.com/games/232090/announcements/detail/939376256549566331

Some good changes, but then:

Double Barrel
Cost per mag increased to 20 (from 10)

That was actually an error in the patch notes. It's still 10 and Yoshiro has corrected the patch notes.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Yeah, I thought most of it was an improvement and reasonable, except for the death of the Double Barrel and the Grenade Pistol ammo being almost twice as expensive, as if that gun wasn't rubbish enough already.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Most of it being ammo capacity increases is nice, particularly how much more ammo pump shotguns are going to get. But I'd feel better about it if they were not also jacking up the pricetags on ammo for the most part as well.

EDIT:

Questioner86 posted:

That was actually an error in the patch notes. It's still 10 and Yoshiro has corrected the patch notes.

That's something at least. I'm not as hopeful that the following are errors too, though.

Pulverizer
Capacity reduced to 20 (from 35),
Starting reduced to 5 shells (from 20)
Cost per mag increased to 85 (from 50)

Eviscerator
Starting reduced to 5 blades (from 17)
Cost per blade reduced.

Did I blink and miss the Eviscerator being really great or something? I mostly been glancing in on the state of the game every so often.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Well, most players will have their tier 4 weapon by wave 5, so that is a soft way of keeping people using other weapons for longer.

The Pulverizer thing might be an overnerf, but the weapon is so great already that I don't think it will keep it from remaining king of the battlefield. At most it will lead the already very mobile zerker to seek out ammo in later waves.

No one uses the Eviscerator.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Questioner86 posted:

Oh, thank god. Everything else had price adjustments around 10-25%, and then I saw that and wondered what the hell, because it's not like the double barrel needed to be nerfed. :v:

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
I've only played Berserker on solo games so far, what makes the pulverizer so much better?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
Put short it can basically stun stuff on demand, hits like a train, and up until this patch cost basically nothing to feed so it was a Very Good weapon

With the changes it can stun stuff on demand, hits like a train, but will probably be a bit pricey to use which means it is a Good weapon

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Yeah, Zerker before this was just the guy who got cash for the Pulverizer early on, then subsidized everyone else for the rest of the match.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

ZearothK posted:

Yeah, Zerker before this was just the guy who got cash for the Pulverizer early on, then subsidized everyone else for the rest of the match.

To be fair, that is probably still going to be what happens.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Good patch is good. IMHO this is the perfect opportunity to decrease the M79 weight by one, thus giving every class greater flexibility, and especially giving it to the demo who sorely needs it.

That being said yeah, this was really helpful, a good sign. Keep it coming!

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
I haven't played since Gunslinger was added. Is demo's grenade pistol still completely useless?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Anyone know where maps downloaded off the workshop are stored? I've unsubscribed from a poo poo map, but that didn't delete it from the ingame dropdown.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Theta Zero posted:

I'm okay with the Hans fight because it's basically an assured victory if I go Berserker and we've got a Medic. The only problem is that it's a very slow and often times uninteresting fight.

But if the Zerk dies, then your team is going to suffer a quick wipe. :v:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
cool, thanks for ensuring doing my job is much harder now trip, as always you don't nerf so much as go to extremes.

Dealing with scrakes and fleshpounds just got a hell of a lot harder, maybe I'll start using the zwei again.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
They increased how much money you earn each wave so the increase in ammo price just balances out.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
All-around good patch. The people screaming RIP Zerker probably waste loaded shots on clots because they have practically infinite money after wave 4 on Suicidal. Or normal. They probably just play normal.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Propaganda Hour posted:

All-around good patch. The people screaming RIP Zerker probably waste loaded shots on clots because they have practically infinite money after wave 4 on Suicidal. Or normal. They probably just play normal.

The Eviscerator change is pretty dumb, since it's not very good. But the Pulverizer change seems fine to me. Berserkers are literally always swimming in money basically immediately.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Doctor Shitfaced posted:

I haven't played since Gunslinger was added. Is demo's grenade pistol still completely useless?

Unless today's patch somehow changed its power, reload speed, and made it a multiple-shot weapon, still useless.

quote:

Fixed a bug where zed speed was being double calculated resulting in unintended faster zeds on higher difficulties, and slower zeds on lower difficulties

if this is what I think that's going to be nice. Hyperspeed zeds were kind of .... weird.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Propaganda Hour posted:

Not sure what infinite money has to do with anything when you can't buy ammo mid wave, the issue is that 20 shots on suicidal or HoE means you will run out of ammo before the wave ends even if you're stingy, it also means you won't be using it on big groups or even quickly take out a siren because that one ammo you just used might be better served on something else, that also exposes you to bigger risk since instead of taking out a tightly clumped group you might decide to just fight them individually to save ammo.

On normal you won't run out of ammo even with 20 shots, to be honest this feels more like a balance done with PvP in mind and if that's the case this game is hosed, you gotta keep those balance changes separate.

At this point the zwei is a better option on those difficulties.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012

Psion posted:

Unless today's patch somehow changed its power, reload speed, and made it a multiple-shot weapon, still useless.

In that case, what's the recommended loadout to build towards for demos, if it even matters?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Doctor Shitfaced posted:

In that case, what's the recommended loadout to build towards for demos, if it even matters?

Most people use a Deagle for trash and the launcher for crowd control.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Doctor Shitfaced posted:

RPG/C4, IMO, with a Deagle if you want. Demos have a largely reactive job, if you ask me. Hang out and let everyone clean stuff up as a trickles in. Drop nukes during Zed Time and blow up big guys when they show up.

Honestly, just start as Gunslinger. You can get through wave 2, and probably wave 3, by just relying on the ammo that comes with your 9mm and revolvers. You'll have more than enough cash to buy whatever you need when you switch to Demo around wave 4.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

quote:

M4
Capacity increased to 72 (from 48)
Starting increased to 32 (from 24)
Cost per mag increased to 47 (from 40)
Oh good they finally made it so the 1014 has more max ammo than the pump action.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Alteisen posted:

Not sure what infinite money has to do with anything when you can't buy ammo mid wave, the issue is that 20 shots on suicidal or HoE means you will run out of ammo before the wave ends even if you're stingy, it also means you won't be using it on big groups or even quickly take out a siren because that one ammo you just used might be better served on something else, that also exposes you to bigger risk since instead of taking out a tightly clumped group you might decide to just fight them individually to save ammo.

On normal you won't run out of ammo even with 20 shots, to be honest this feels more like a balance done with PvP in mind and if that's the case this game is hosed, you gotta keep those balance changes separate.

At this point the zwei is a better option on those difficulties.

None of this is a downside and PVP would be balanced differently since they have that capability. You're thinking about the Zweihander for the first time in probably months and now there is room for weighing the pros and cons of weapons depending on the wave and what you could possibly have difficulties with based on the team composition (or whatever) instead of grabbing the hammer and being set for the rest of the game.

The eviscerator change is a little strange but it might have to do with the ammo being retrievable? I don't know. #MaketheEvisceratorGreatAgain

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Propaganda Hour posted:

None of this is a downside and PVP would be balanced differently since they have that capability. You're thinking about the Zweihander for the first time in probably months and now there is room for weighing the pros and cons of weapons depending on the wave and what you could possibly have difficulties with based on the team composition (or whatever) instead of grabbing the hammer and being set for the rest of the game.

The eviscerator change is a little strange but it might have to do with the ammo being retrievable? I don't know. #MaketheEvisceratorGreatAgain

You obviously don't play zerker, its a huge downside, provided you don't use ammo on anything else but the big poo poo, you're still looking at 60+ zeds without ammo on the higher difficulties or facing off against the big poo poo without any.

And I wasn't thinking of the Zwei because it got nerfed really badly, its overall damage was halved, certain zeds have slash resistance now as well, by choosing to use it I am doing less overall damage in those moments damage really matters, keep in mind I don't carry both weapons on me either, I prefer to carry the medic AR as a secondary to help my team out.

And have they said the balance is separate? Because I sure as hell don't believe it, this change benefits PvP since its normal/short, with 35 ammo on those difficulties you could go ape poo poo with the pulverizer.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Haven't really paid attention to this game in a while, has the wait between the last content patch and this one been as long as the one between Volter Manor and the new classes being added? It feels like it's been quite a long time since we got anything new.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Alteisen posted:

You obviously don't play zerker, its a huge downside, provided you don't use ammo on anything else but the big poo poo, you're still looking at 60+ zeds without ammo on the higher difficulties or facing off against the big poo poo without any.

yes the only reason anyone could disagree with your opinion is that they don't play the class, mmmhmm. It's certainly not that the only thing longer running in this thread than Tripwire's bad decisions are your bad opinions about berserker, jesus. Take out regular zeds with a normal attack? Inconceivable!

like you know I'm more than willing to criticize lovely calls made by TWI all day long but you're really off-target here.

example: criticize the Eviscerator changes instead because those are :psyduck:

alternate theory: when you can buy additional ammo capacity, it's almost like zerkers will have dosh sinks just like literally every other class in the game. let's be real, that's not all bad.

LuciferMorningstar posted:

RPG/C4, IMO, with a Deagle if you want. Demos have a largely reactive job, if you ask me. Hang out and let everyone clean stuff up as a trickles in. Drop nukes during Zed Time and blow up big guys when they show up.

Honestly, just start as Gunslinger. You can get through wave 2, and probably wave 3, by just relying on the ammo that comes with your 9mm and revolvers. You'll have more than enough cash to buy whatever you need when you switch to Demo around wave 4.

Yeah, this is the way to roll. I think it's bad design that you're really better off not playing demo until wave 4, but it's true and will result in a better experience for everyone. :shrug:

Psion fucked around with this message at 02:19 on May 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Lemon-Lime posted:

Anyone know where maps downloaded off the workshop are stored? I've unsubscribed from a poo poo map, but that didn't delete it from the ingame dropdown.

I can check when I get home, but your Steam folder should have a sub folder in it somewhere called "232090" which is KF2's ID number. It might be in a "workshop" or "download" folder. I would just search the Steam directory for "232090" and see what pops up.
In there will be sub folders named something like "634512348" and these are the map IDs. You can see what they are by either looking in the folder and seeing what the map is named, or checking the page URL in the Steam browser when you are in the workshop page for that item.