Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Hyperlynx posted:

This is not admirable behaviour, this is being a loving jackass. Which is par for the course for the astronauts up till maybe the Space Shuttle era. Enormous egos and massive, entitled douchebags. I don't care that he went to the moon. He didn't get there by vitrue of manly derring-do, he and the others got there because they were competent test pilots who already had the requisite security clearances when NASA needed meat cargo for their spaceflight experiments.

Him and the other moonwalkers should be humbled they had such an incredible opportunity, standing on the shoulders of so many. But they were nearly all test fighter pilots, the epitome of swaggering, dick-measuring arseholes over and above that of ordinary fighter pilots.

I've met Buzz and he was a really nice guy.

Most astronauts are pretty chill though - prob one of the reasons they're picked to be stuffed into a tiny metal ball with other people for long periods. No-one wants to be in space with an angry dickhead imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/arkansas-judge-resigns-after1000s-photos-nude-male-defendants-found-his-n570896

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Hyperlynx posted:

This is not admirable behaviour, this is being a loving jackass. Which is par for the course for the astronauts up till maybe the Space Shuttle era. Enormous egos and massive, entitled douchebags. I don't care that he went to the moon. He didn't get there by vitrue of manly derring-do, he and the others got there because they were competent test pilots who already had the requisite security clearances when NASA needed meat cargo for their spaceflight experiments.

Him and the other moonwalkers should be humbled they had such an incredible opportunity, standing on the shoulders of so many. But they were nearly all test fighter pilots, the epitome of swaggering, dick-measuring arseholes over and above that of ordinary fighter pilots.

4/10 Must try harder.

SimplyCosmic
May 18, 2004

It could be worse.

Not sure how, but it could be.

Mr. Flunchy posted:

Most astronauts are pretty chill though - prob one of the reasons they're picked to be stuffed into a tiny metal ball with other people for long periods. No-one wants to be in space with an angry dickhead imo

Apollo 7 had some grumpy behavior, but still managed to complete their assigned tasks.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

What a weak rear end attempt to excuse it away,

Boeckmann's resignation came after the commission said in a May 5 letter to his lawyer that it was in the process of recovering as many as 4,500 photos.

"They all depict young men, many naked who are in various poses inside the judge's home and outside in his yard,"

In documents filed in February, Boeckmann denied the allegations — saying that the photographs were used "to corroborate participation in community service."

The old "it was community service" excuse.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Lime Tonics posted:

What a weak rear end attempt to excuse it away,

Boeckmann's resignation came after the commission said in a May 5 letter to his lawyer that it was in the process of recovering as many as 4,500 photos.

"They all depict young men, many naked who are in various poses inside the judge's home and outside in his yard,"

In documents filed in February, Boeckmann denied the allegations — saying that the photographs were used "to corroborate participation in community service."

The old "it was community service" excuse.

"In a letter to the Judicial Discipline and Disability Commission, Cross County District Judge Joseph Boeckmann said that his resignation was effective immediately, and that he would never again seek a job as a local, county or state employee."

Otherwise known as the 'please-don't-prosecute-me-I'll-go-away-it's-like-I-was-never-here' pledge.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

"There are numerous photos of naked young men bending over after an apparent paddling," the letter reads. "Please accept this as notice to not destroy [or] otherwise dispose of this paddle."

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

SimplyCosmic posted:

Apollo 7 had some grumpy behavior, but still managed to complete their assigned tasks.

And that ended the career of all three astronauts on 7. Lol fuckin Schirra.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

TotalLossBrain posted:

And that ended the career of all three astronauts on 7. Lol fuckin Schirra.

"Thanks, babe"

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

Aramoro posted:

It's not really for no reason, it's to make it look like she's been badly hurt by the cop. It's not that uncommon a tactic, to get tapped and go completely limp like you're knocked out.

I thought that at first, but her breathing appears agonal. That's either a lot of practice at knowing what EMTs' look for, or it's real. Who can say... I wasn't there...

Regardless, that throw was *way* excessive. You can hurt someone very badly doing that. Especially when you outweigh them by 100 lbs. He could have easily restrained her without hurling her to the ground. Also, when you take someone down that way, you catch them on the way down so they don't get hurt. She's just drunk, mad, and unarmed. If she was armed, sure, feel free to lay her out. However, that wasn't the case.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

mostlygray posted:

I thought that at first, but her breathing appears agonal. That's either a lot of practice at knowing what EMTs' look for, or it's real. Who can say... I wasn't there...

Regardless, that throw was *way* excessive. You can hurt someone very badly doing that. Especially when you outweigh them by 100 lbs. He could have easily restrained her without hurling her to the ground. Also, when you take someone down that way, you catch them on the way down so they don't get hurt. She's just drunk, mad, and unarmed. If she was armed, sure, feel free to lay her out. However, that wasn't the case.
Yes, of course. When subduing violent people, a bare minimum force should be used, to minimize damage to the offenders. Nothing could possibly go wrong. Nothing

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.
Yeah, this was one of those videos where I hated everyone.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.

Nitrox posted:

Yes, of course. When subduing violent people, a bare minimum force should be used, to minimize damage to the offenders. Nothing could possibly go wrong. Nothing

If I am reading this right, this is impressively disgustingly American. gently caress this mindset.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Nitrox posted:

:ohdear:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Let's just all agree is was the woman's fault in the first place for being drunk and belligerent just like every American is half the time

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
The schadenfreude is that America continues to cheer and justify the cop-citizen violence at every opportunity.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

oldpainless posted:

Let's just all agree is was the woman's fault in the first place for being drunk and belligerent just like every American is half the time

http://www.fastcodesign.com/3059681/budweiser-renames-its-beer-america

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

:catstare:
I spent a few minutes looking for the parody statement on that website.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Bartender, get me a frosty pint of America.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

zakharov posted:

Bartender, get me a frosty pint of America.

I can't come in to work today, I had too much America last night and I'm still throwing up everywhere

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I can't come in to work today, I had too much America last night and I'm still throwing up everywhere

I think you mean spreading freedom. :911:

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

I show my pride in my country by displaying my Patriotism Belly while drinking America Ice at my kid's little league game.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I think the pitbull in the cop video really needed to be put down.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

oldpainless posted:

I don't think you're far off, IIRC that video was one of many times the police were called to that home for the same thing (loud, belligerent, drunk assholes causing problems) and the lady who got slammed had tried more than once to attack an officer. Stupid is as stupid does, I have zero remorse or pity for morons like that.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Jastiger posted:

I think the pitbull in the cop video really needed to be put down.

Same but instead of the dog all the people on the video as well as those who saw the video and people reading my post about the video

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

They need nets, and every time they get called to that house, they'll know to bring a few extra.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
A helmet with a great sense of comedy
http://i.imgur.com/5JJirLA.webm

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

In a related move, Bud Light is now called Canada.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2618797/Watch-The-shocking-moment-man-throws-neighbour-s-baby-air-argument-water-heater.html
Alright, I know what your saying. This is Awful, that kid probably got injured.
But when that guy chucks that baby, my sides split. I know i shouldnt laugh but i cant help it.

And that my friends is Schadenfruede

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005

Saint Freak posted:

A helmet with a great sense of comedy
*BONK*
Holy hell this is perfect.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
It's hard to tell how hard I should laugh because the vid doesn't show the bounce after the impact.

E: for the chinese hammer baby

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Nitrox posted:

This is literally the job of Law Enforcement FYI.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

America. Unchanged since 1876.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Voyager I posted:

This is literally the job of Law Enforcement FYI.

The cops should have probably handcuffed her after she was tasered. That said, domestic calls are some of the worst and I can't really blame the cop for reacting violently to the crazy lady who even tasers can't deter unexpectedly running up behind that other police officer.

With that many crazy drunk people you'd think they'd zip tie them all or something. It looked like they were herding cats.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

Krispy Kareem posted:

The cops should have probably handcuffed her after she was tasered. That said, domestic calls are some of the worst and I can't really blame the cop for reacting violently to the crazy lady who even tasers can't deter unexpectedly running up behind that other police officer.

With that many crazy drunk people you'd think they'd zip tie them all or something. It looked like they were herding cats.

She never did get tasered. Her fat son gets tased and she just goes from yelling at the cops to playing dead while they try to wrestle him into some handcuffs. The throw happens latter when she jumps off the gurney and leaps onto a cops back. The point of the throw wasn't to subdue her it was to get the crazy women off his back. Seriously the entire video is them hurling threats at cops, attacking cops, and faking injuries so they can cry about police brutality.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Good thing I'm a really jolly and complacent drunk! Much less chance of getting my rear end beat.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

sudonim posted:

Holy hell this is perfect.

Perfection would have been if it hit him in the head and made him lift his hand off the base to get tagged out.

Edit - it's not really clear in that gif, but the helmet didn't even have the decency to hit him in the head.
http://m.mlb.com/video/v676933183/clehou-ramirezs-helmet-slides-safely-with-him/?query=jose+ramirez

Tony Phillips has a new favorite as of 20:23 on May 10, 2016

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Tony Phillips posted:

Perfection would have been if it hit him in the head and made him lift his hand off the base to get tagged out.

Edit - it's not really clear in that gif, but the helmet didn't even have the decency to hit him in the head.
http://m.mlb.com/video/v676933183/clehou-ramirezs-helmet-slides-safely-with-him/?query=jose+ramirez

No, perfection would have been if the helmet had landed on his head as if it never left.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Aramek posted:

Good thing I'm a really jolly and complacent drunk! Much less chance of getting my rear end beat.

Hear hear. The one time I got a DUI (a life changing event), I spent the ride to the station complimenting the arresting officer on getting me off the streets and I just asked a bunch of questions about her job. I remember having to piss like crazy while they got me set up for their in-house breathalyzer but at the end of everything they drove me to my friend's house and overall it was about as pleasant an experience getting arrested as you could ask for.

The only other time I've watched someone close to me get arrested was when I was in 9th grade and the cops came to my house to arrest my mom. She had kicked my step-dad out of the house so he called the cops and told them that she had threatened to cut off his penis. That was a wild night, and she called our pastor from jail to pick us up and have us spend the night with his family. My mom and my ex-step-dad still play pool sometimes :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Hihohe posted:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2618797/Watch-The-shocking-moment-man-throws-neighbour-s-baby-air-argument-water-heater.html
Alright, I know what your saying. This is Awful, that kid probably got injured.
But when that guy chucks that baby, my sides split. I know i shouldnt laugh but i cant help it.

And that my friends is Schadenfruede

I like how completely unnecessary it was. He could have just ran by the kid but no, he's got to grab the kid and fling him in the same general direction he was going. There was no sense behind it other than just to mess with the kid.

Which somehow makes it funnier, I dunno.

wayfinder posted:

No, perfection would have been if the helmet had landed on his head as if it never left.

This right here. Right after he's tagged safe.