Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

Fanatic posted:

To be fair, insulting Are Dan should be a bannable offence. :australia:

:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
This is the Are Dan Appreciation Van.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
Tram Dan sux

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

George Zimmer posted:

This is the Are Dan Appreciation Van.

F1 2016: Are Dan Forest.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
Ricky is a good lad but he's not a German driver or a Labour politician who wants us to remain shackled to the EU, so the thread hates him

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
there is not enough "lol" in the world

I don't know exactly why, but I can guess that that it's Lewis attending fashion shows, and instead of thinking "what a cool man" designers have gone "race car driver! Good idea!". So now instead of diamond studded suits, high fashion has decided that it would be cooler for him to turn up in his actual race suit.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/fashion/the-fast-lane-a7020996.html

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

gret posted:

F1 2016: Are Dan Forest.

As you like it

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

learnincurve posted:

I don't know exactly why, but I can guess that that it's Lewis attending fashion shows, and instead of thinking "what a cool man" designers have gone "race car driver! Good idea!". So now instead of diamond studded suits, high fashion has decided that it would be cooler for him to turn up in his actual race suit.

So hot right now, Lewis.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

CratSock posted:

And rivals.com punning, evidently.

quote:

A rivals.com pun is a nickname used to childishly insult a sports player or team, such as referring to the Dallas Cowboys as the Dallas Cowgirls, or the Boston Red Sox as the Boston Red Sux. This brings absolutely nothing to any sports discussion other than annoying fans of that particular player or team, and using one is a probatable offense in SAS.

Oh, you're a retard. Ok I get it.

keevo posted:

I am still Team Dan. gently caress Red Bull though.

This is the right opinion to have. DannyRic treats F1 as seriously as you're supposed to; not at all, but it's a good laugh.

But seriously, gently caress Red bull.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Does anybody have any experience with the team hospitality centers during race days? I'm going to London in a couple weeks and was thinking about heading to Mercedes-Benz World for the Monaco Grand Prix, but was just curious if that would be a tremendous waste of time. I also saw that Williams hosts a viewing party as well at their headquarters, but I can't imagine what in the hell that involves that makes it worth £200. Mercedes price of free is pretty appealing.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Do it! Friend of mine has been to a few of them including the last Mclaren one. You get a goodie bag full of free stuff when you leave and cake. It would depend where you are viewing the race from, it may be a room with just the fans and TVs in it, or it may be hanging out with actual staff. I would pay the £200 for Williams because gently caress sitting in a room full of Lewis fans and watching a race with them.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Oh god imagine watching a race at McLaren.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

wicka posted:

this was the first race i bit the bullet and actually paid for the stream, pretty pleased. dovi and iannone are either making ducati's decision really easy or really hard.

At this point I can't see them keeping either.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

learnincurve posted:

Gonna get my favourite shirt of the back of the closet

Dubs fucked around with this message at 10:53 on May 10, 2016

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

keevo posted:

What, is it the cool architecture, the beautiful lake, the collection of all your favorite cars from childhood, or that Spacex landing moment where a bunch of nerds who do nothing but this express emotion?

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Dubs posted:

Gonna get my favourite shirt of the back of the closet

needs more dragons.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

keevo posted:

It would just be the timings screen

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Is that from 2003?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Human Grand Prix posted:

Is that from 2003?

Looks like it, I was trying to guess myself

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Human Grand Prix posted:

Is that from 2003?

But which race?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Now that's a second rate grid if I ever saw one.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Saw a tweet from esteban gutierrez about being in the ferrari simulator at the baku circuit, AND another "Charlie whiting went to baku again, and its still awesome"! story was posted today. With so many stories like that out there, i have to imagine the oil sheiks greased bernies palm for weekly good press for their terrible, noneuropean track.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Azerbaijian has been a republic since the early 20th century. It, to my knowledge, never had a sheikh. Although the Aliyevs are authoritarians. I am the no fun man.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Oil oligarchs would work

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Whitey Ford posted:

But which race?

Malaysia? It's 15 mins in and iirc it was a hosed up out of order starting grid, then Schumacher binned it at the start and had to crawl back for a new nose cone, the chain reaction of his crash caused someone to boot Montoya (crazy bastard) up the chuff and he had to have his rear wing replaced, and this is why they are last and second to last on that timing screen picture.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

learnincurve posted:

Malaysia? It's 15 mins in and iirc it was a hosed up out of order starting grid, then Schumacher binned it at the start and had to crawl back for a new nose cone, the chain reaction of his crash caused someone to boot Montoya (crazy bastard) up the chuff and he had to have his rear wing replaced, and this is why they are last and second to last on that timing screen picture.

Not to be confused with the 2002 Malaysia race where Schumacher barged into Montoya and FIA decided to penalize Montoya for getting hit by a Ferrari.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

MustardFacial posted:

Oh, you're a retard. Ok I get it.

I understand how it works, I was just saying that in 2 pages full of poois and buttass, etc. posts I had the only probation. That was the joke. About timing.

Didn't there used to be a McBain doing standup emoticon?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Mobil1 States that another double digit horsepower gain from fuel is coming in Canada. We're they using Kerosene or something last year?

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Big 'Lonso and Butts are gonna be podiuming in no time

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Lonso and Butts is a good team name. Better than McLaren Project 4

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.
Blessed

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
I realise that all residents of the Worst Thread actually love Moto GP so here's Lorenzo's pole lap from Le Mans. I think it still works if you don't have Facebook.

It's loving MENTAL.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1719651651646711&id=100008056777544

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

El Hefe posted:

Big 'Lonso and Butts are gonna be podiuming in no time

'Lonso and Butts' I like it, I like you today

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

monkeytennis posted:

I realise that all residents of the Worst Thread actually love Moto GP so here's Lorenzo's pole lap from Le Mans. I think it still works if you don't have Facebook.

It's loving MENTAL.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1719651651646711&id=100008056777544

Its crazy how fast those things accelerate out of the corners.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

monkeytennis posted:

It's loving MENTAL.

Those crazy fucks have something wrong with their heads. That is bat poo poo insane. :stare: Don't even get me started on the Isle of Man TT

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Isle of Man TT is probably the closest we'll get to Group B's :wtc: levels of danger in modern times.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Honey, I shrunk the tires.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

learnincurve posted:

Do it! Friend of mine has been to a few of them including the last Mclaren one. You get a goodie bag full of free stuff when you leave and cake. It would depend where you are viewing the race from, it may be a room with just the fans and TVs in it, or it may be hanging out with actual staff. I would pay the £200 for Williams because gently caress sitting in a room full of Lewis fans and watching a race with them.

Cool, thanks for the advice, I definitely think 'll check one of them out

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

1500quidporsche posted:

Isle of Man TT is probably the closest we'll get to Group B's :wtc: levels of danger in modern times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmNXCJt7K3Q

Tree, hedge, tree, hedge, hedge-gently caress, what? Where did that come from? AH poo poo.

Thing is I'm going to be getting a bike in a few months, something I've always wanted, and videos like that have convinced me to buy the smallest thing I can possibly get hold of due to "Hedge" issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Get a Goldwing and put a snowplough on it. The hell with hedges.

Edit: seriously though, if you haven't already, go check out the Cycle Asylum subforum and do some reading. A lot of good advice there.

Carth Dookie fucked around with this message at 09:48 on May 11, 2016

• Locked thread