Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
this video game actually gives you an surprising amount of information even without ur teammates useless calls

radar exists, as does a pair of headphones

also theres your brain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apostasy.
Feb 15, 2012

surc posted:

This is why I don't have one, but playing MM has made me start thinking about it, because for the last few weeks it hasn't been "a couple rounds", it's been all dang game, and they start raging and throwing tantrums if you ask them to be quiet even once.

And you better not even think about trying to make a single callout when you're dead if you've asked them to be quiet ever, or else it's getting glocked/knifed at the start of rounds and people shouting slurs at you all game. I'm puzzled because it's not even spring break or summer or anything AFAIK, so I don't know why it's been so bad lately.

people in general are stupid/obnoxious, just look at thisg uy

Up Circle posted:

this video game actually gives you an surprising amount of information even without ur teammates useless calls

also theres your brain

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

apostasy. posted:

people in general are stupid/obnoxious, just look at thisg uy

Explain how he's stupid because he's 100 percent right. People need to learn how to use those fleshy appendages on both sides of their heads and chances are pretty good that they wouldn't do some of the dumb poo poo that pubbies do.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

A TURGID FATSO posted:

Explain how he's stupid because he's 100 percent right.
...For once.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum
They should just disable dead talk imo

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Up Circle posted:

also theres your brain

Coming from someone who's never spoken a fuckin word in game

Hydrocodone
Sep 26, 2007

I've been watching too many streamers lately and now I've made this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGplD8YaJTs

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
inferno ct side
mid is smoked and i heard two guys behind
im like ok sure why not?
get in smoke, look up, right click flashbang
get 2 kills
going back to my position as a T that i didnt hear because i was laughing exits out apartments door and owns me

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

ArfJason posted:

inferno ct side
mid is smoked and i heard two guys behind
im like ok sure why not?
get in smoke, look up, right click flashbang
get 2 kills
going back to my position as a T that i didnt hear because i was laughing exits out apartments door and owns me

The amount of people who believe smokes are solid walls that no one would dare push is staggering in this game.

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

Alighieri posted:

The amount of people who believe smokes are solid walls that no one would dare push is staggering in this game.

how everyone thinks their smoke pushes are going to go: snax
how most smoke pushes actually go: stewie2k

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Up Circle posted:

also theres your brain

Yes it's not so much the not being right, as it is the "actively screaming lies at me multiple times in a row" that messes me up, plus people just being toxic in game, as they usually go together.

sterster posted:

I think this is probably true. Perhaps you can ask them to be quite more than once. Or in a nicer manner then 'SHUT THE gently caress UP' ( Not saying you are saying that but it happens). If I don't have time its usually 'shh shh shh' real quick if I do have time. Or the 'Please be quite guys unless you see something.'

Also, you in the GooNova group? We usually have 3-5 man stacks every night.

I am a perfect gentleman on the mic about asking people to shut their mouths, and I joined goonova last night finally, so hoping for better results going forward, thanks! :)

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

as a silver 3, i too blame my team for my inability to aim

ZionestLord
Jan 9, 2010
I hit all my shots that don't matter.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

wuhhHHHH bwuhhh??? guh?!!?

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
this thread is an echo chamber of howler monkeys letting out their primal rage and flinging poo poo at each other and, by golly, i wouldnt have it any other way

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

Alighieri posted:

Smokes are poo poo in the game and if you have half a brain to use your radar you can make people really mad.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Demostrs posted:

an echo chamber of howler monkeys letting out their primal rage and flinging poo poo at each other and, by golly, i wouldnt have it any other way

but enough about NACS,

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Bohemian Nights posted:

but enough about NACS,

Deflection from european politics that somehow rival and at times one up uspol in garbage

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Don't read auspol imo

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
How many times do you chaps change your sens per month

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Xenaero posted:

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

Xenaero posted:

hundreds if you count me cracking my dpi up at the start of round so i can spin wildly before the round starts

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Xenaero posted:

my wiimote and DDR dance pad are both perfectly calibrated so none I guess

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Found you have to go alone
How long before we all play CS using VR, crosshair placement done with eye-tracking?

mcvey's flashbangs would be lethal

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Going to start looking at new monitors, I'm definitely going to buy a 120hz monitor (probably a TN panel, IPS ones are just outrageous still). Blah blah blah 120hz isn't important blah blah, don't care, the price difference is negligible so I'm going to buy one.

You dudes that use 120hz monitors, which models do you have and how do you like it?

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

MF_James posted:

You dudes that use 120hz monitors, which models do you have and how do you like it?

Bought an Asus VG248QE a couple weeks ago, works very well for me. I had to tweak colors a bit (word of warning: almost all high rate monitors wash colors out by default) but for me it was well worth it. It's very nice seeing things move so smoothly.

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

MF_James posted:

Going to start looking at new monitors, I'm definitely going to buy a 120hz monitor (probably a TN panel, IPS ones are just outrageous still). Blah blah blah 120hz isn't important blah blah, don't care, the price difference is negligible so I'm going to buy one.

same as xens monitor and its great. 120/144hz is the best purchase you can make to get better at games because it is way better than a gaming mouse is over a regular mouse

but let me tell you also about my dxracer

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I change my dpi depending on the situation. High when I'm peeking corners, real low when I'm looking up. In this way I grow stronger.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I was really just shitposting because I love sens chat

Um, hello quake sens or go back to silver

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Xenaero posted:

Bought an Asus VG248QE a couple weeks ago, works very well for me. I had to tweak colors a bit (word of warning: almost all high rate monitors wash colors out by default) but for me it was well worth it. It's very nice seeing things move so smoothly.

Demostrs posted:

same as xens monitor and its great. 120/144hz is the best purchase you can make to get better at games because it is way better than a gaming mouse is over a regular mouse

Same as Xen, bought mine a few months ago and it makes it drat hard to go back to 60, even to do basic things on my monitor at work.

Just wish these few weeks weren't so busy so I could actually play. :qq:

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Daeno posted:

mcvey's flashbangs would be lethal

ya my mccree is pretty nuts

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.
:sigh: This loving thread. To anyone who reads this: your just bad

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
also right now reddit is having a meltdown over the esl exclusivity league again, as if that would ever come to fruition. if that is ever announced, we will have the international: csgo edition announced the next day

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009

Demostrs posted:

also right now reddit is having a meltdown over the esl exclusivity league again, as if that would ever come to fruition. if that is ever announced, we will have the international: csgo edition announced the next day

Interesting how all the top EU teams are in except the one that is player-owned. Surely ESL didn't make shady deals with the owners. :shepspends:

Leaked poster:

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
the guy that took that picture should probably not pirate activate windows

Thorgot
Apr 4, 2010

Hydrocodone posted:

I've been watching too many streamers lately and now I've made this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGplD8YaJTs

lol I posted this to reddit and a few people think Killtrick is a real streamer.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdC8zHWVmsQ

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

noobs

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

i HATE noobs they are fking idiots!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

sterster posted:

I think this is probably true. Perhaps you can ask them to be quite more than once. Or in a nicer manner then 'SHUT THE gently caress UP' ( Not saying you are saying that but it happens). If I don't have time its usually 'shh shh shh' real quick if I do have time. Or the 'Please be quite guys unless you see something.'

Also, you in the GooNova group? We usually have 3-5 man stacks every night.

The one time I fully tilted when someone kept backseat driving I went "For the love of Christ, people have asked you to be quiet. You need to shut the gently caress up if you don't have something useful to say" and it worked. But I'm really friendly all game so I assume going shouty works much better since it's a contrast.