Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Mr E posted:

Are they normal Paradox release issues that will be fixed per usual?

some im sure theyll fix yeah like how there's literally no graphics options including vsync or how things that should be automated aren't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Real hurthling! posted:

Stux is very good at cod fo reals

Traded his posting prowess for mad CoD skills.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Hooray, Stux is back!

God willing, he'll be banned again by the end of the week.

DoctoRadox
Nov 7, 2010
:vrfrog:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

corn in the bible posted:

god youre such a loving worthless poster

I do try.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

That looks like an Elvis hairdo covering the eyes.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
That looks horrible but hey I guess if you're into vr you've got the money to burn

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
hello everybody, how is everyone doing today

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neAOruo0OrQ

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
I'm 8-Bit Scholar-sympathetic. Which means I feel sympathy that we allow a mentally ill weirdo to poo poo up the forums to sustain an unhealthy delusion that they are in any way interesting or entertaining.

precision posted:

Stellaris looked cool until I looked closer

my god, it's full of furries :yikes:

If there were as many mollusc and arthropod furries as there were mammals like there are in Stellaris they'd be way cooler.

Snak posted:

Just another day on the internet.

You know, where people are mad that they just churn out tiny variations of the same game every year, unless they actually change something and then "that's not what X is about!"

Like how the biggest problem with Star Fox Zero is apparently that it's too much like the Star Fox that everyone wanted it to be. The biggest problem with the new CoD is that it's NOT ENOUGH LIKE THE LAST 20 CoDs. I think. I don't know I don't give a poo poo. I'm busy playing ps2 games on my ps4.

The biggest problem with Star Fox Zero is that they pushed a gimmicky mandatory control scheme that nobody asked for and were so proud of it that they omitted a stuff like classic on-rails boss fights just to make you use it even more.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Star Fox Zero's control scheme owns and people should get good instead of whining

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Guy Mann posted:

I'm 8-Bit Scholar-sympathetic. Which means I feel sympathy that we allow a mentally ill weirdo to poo poo up the forums to sustain an unhealthy delusion that they are in any way interesting or entertaining.

If there were as many mollusc and arthropod furries as there were mammals like there are in Stellaris they'd be way cooler.

The biggest problem with Star Fox Zero is that they pushed a gimmicky mandatory control scheme that nobody asked for and were so proud of it that they omitted a stuff like classic on-rails boss fights just to make you use it even more.

have you played 64 recently? the gyro controls are a massive step up in playability

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Guy Mann posted:

put some clothes on!!!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Despite the fact that RE6 is one of my 12 whole platinum trophies and I think it's a good game with some awful bits in, I still find it hard to say that I actually like it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

What's the other 11? To share my list: VLR, Dark Souls II, Bloodborne, and MGSV.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Sakurazuka posted:

Despite the fact that RE6 is one of my 12 whole platinum trophies and I think it's a good game with some awful bits in, I still find it hard to say that I actually like it.

The current Humble Bundle has it and a bunch of other good games for $15, just FYI.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

In Training posted:

What's the other 11? To share my list: VLR, Dark Souls II, Bloodborne, and MGSV.

Mostly Telltale games you get the trophy just for finishing, the only other ones I had to put effort into are Bloodborne and, uh, Lego Lord of the Rings.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Cardboard Box A posted:

:stare: Can't see why no one funded that, nope
Wasn't as bad as I expected from those pictures, you don't play as Nazis

FirstAidKite posted:

I know they're expensive as hell but every so often I go and look at skylanders stuff cause idk, a lot of them are dumb and I get that it's just a co-op gauntlet style game but for kids but they look like they'd be fun to play. I know prices have dropped recently
I think calling it Gauntlet-style is overly generous, but they slap so much random poo poo together in these games it's hard to categorize them beyond "game for literal children". Regardless you basically have to collect a ton of the little shits as physical keycards or you skip over half the game. If you don't give a poo poo which ones you get you can get a big lot of them off eBay for dirt cheap, but it's bound to have duplicate starter pack guys and not give you all the guys you need to open all the doors. It's dumb and they should have just offered an "unlock everything" code at some point but nobody gives a poo poo anymore

Palpek posted:

Lol if Battleborn Brinks it - it will be pretty funny imo.
Probably, though it has better co-op than Brink did

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Infinite Warfare costs $20 more than everything else, though. Didn't another high-profile FPS set the $60 standard already? It may cause another round of price hikes as everyone follows the leader if they can get away with it.
There is no $60 standard, practically every big new game now has a season pass on or near release to bring the prices up to the $80-100+ they actually want to charge

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

i've been playing through it with a friend and while i'm definitely seeing a lot of funky design, we're still having fun with it

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
The mercenaries mode is really good in 6 and overall its at least a better game than 5.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

http://i.imgur.com/arquDZ4.jpeg

Idgi, who looks at this and goes "what a bunch of lame furries"

Is that an extremely deadpan joke or something

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Looper posted:

i've been playing through it with a friend and while i'm definitely seeing a lot of funky design, we're still having fun with it

They made Leon all serious and not a goofy weirdo like in 4 is my main complaint tbh. That kinda of extends to the whole game, despite the ridiculousness of what's actually happening, everyone apart from maybe Jake and Ada take it super seriously.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

CrashCat posted:

http://i.imgur.com/arquDZ4.jpeg

Idgi, who looks at this and goes "what a bunch of lame furries"

Is that an extremely deadpan joke or something

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

it doesn't count if you upload your own fanfic

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Read that as taintless first. Much like this forum nowadays....

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Wamdoodle posted:

Read that as taintless first. Much like this forum nowadays....

gotcha covered

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

They made Leon all serious and not a goofy weirdo like in 4 is my main complaint tbh. That kinda of extends to the whole game, despite the ridiculousness of what's actually happening, everyone apart from maybe Jake and Ada take it super seriously.

we just finished jake/sherry's campaign and started chris/piers', haven't touched leon or ada's. the part of the final ustanak fight where he dramatically kicks jake's arsenal pistol into the lava before the fist fight was really great (for me, the jake player)

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Stellaris seems super cool but I'm not usually all that into 4X games. I prefer say Total war games where I can do a mix of combat/tactics and empire management.

Still I'm down for some space games and No Man's Sky doesn't come out for another month so maybe I'll say gently caress it. I haven't played Master of Orion in aaaages.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

Stux is very good at cod fo reals

its true... im freakin amazing...

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I bought Stellaris and then proceeded to play a bunch of FTL because I saw it in my favorites list and was all "oh yeah FTL!" Maybe this weekend I'll be able to dig into a long Stellaris playthrough.

Stux posted:

Whatev, I'm trash at blops and have outscored you one or two times, you can't live that down.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Stux posted:

all the more reason you shouldn't hand down FPS buying advice to mere mortals who can't keep up :ohdear:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

bloodychill posted:

I bought Stellaris and then proceeded to play a bunch of FTL because I saw it in my favorites list and was all "oh yeah FTL!" Maybe this weekend I'll be able to dig into a long Stellaris playthrough.

Whatev, I'm trash at blops and have outscored you one or two times, you can't live that down.

come back when u r this pro noob fucker

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nice connection strength.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Is [CHIE] a clan of one

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Stux confirmed Rubber Banding lag cheater.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Using a lag switch there, stux?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

One time I beat an FGC goon at Injustice.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

In Training posted:

Nice connection strength.

VideoGames posted:

Stux confirmed Rubber Banding lag cheater.

Wamdoodle posted:

Using a lag switch there, stux?

no im in the uk playing with US ppl so even with my sick nasty fibre connection i get a 100ms ping. still own all the noobs with extremem prejudice regardless of their latency advantage. on home turf im a god damnd monster.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
The toys to life market can be brutal as hell:

quote:

Disney cancels struggling Infinity video game line. Takes $147 million charge. End of Disney as video game publisher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Can we get a source that isn't some rear end in a top hat's tweet

• Locked thread