Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Zigmidge posted:

It's ok crabtree you can just say it's a lovely bad engine good animation wasn't invented in 2014.

It's a fidelity that their graphics engine held together by twigs and vintage goldfarb juice ain't going to pull off. I mean, I would love for them to move to a better engine. But Diesel is what it is, and that's an engine that can barely handle its own netcode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Coolguye posted:

It used to, actually, there was only one shield stumble animation and it left the shield wide open to a follow up attack. This was changed with many less vulnerable animations because :tootzzz:

It was changed so that there would be more than one animation, and because it's trivial to move 3 meters and hit them while they're staggering.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Hardly anyone seems to be playing the beta so I've been trying to entertain myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoMVBb_sY1k

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

As if we needed further proof that first aid kits in the beta are ridiculous bullshit.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Delacroix posted:

From the R6S thread:

http://i.imgur.com/FVTVKI1.mp4

Not only is it hilarious when these situations happens, it puts iron man ace to shame. The PD2 shield stumble animation where they get knocked down is so terrible in comparison I regretted trying out iron man ace in the first place within seconds. :cripes:

Hey thats me! :)

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:

Discendo Vox posted:

It was changed so that there would be more than one animation, and because it's trivial to move 3 meters and hit them while they're staggering.

It can't be more trivial than walking around the shield and shooting them (0 skill points required) or the dreaded criminal tactic of breaking line of sight and waiting for the shield to snap to another player (free). It's a bad skill that the beta deservedly slaps onto a better skill.

Basticle posted:

Hey thats me! :)

I considered showing a video of a friend bashing a shield around then dying to a teammate's nitro but that would showcase a sykic moment more than anything else. :3:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Delacroix posted:

It can't be more trivial than walking around the shield and shooting them (0 skill points required) or the dreaded criminal tactic of breaking line of sight and waiting for the shield to snap to another player (free). It's a bad skill that the beta deservedly slaps onto a better skill.

I can't tell what you're actually complaining about anymore.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Delacroix posted:

You have no idea what you're talking about and they've already changed the skill in the beta so even if your complaints had merit in the first place they wouldn't anymore.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

maswastaken posted:

Hardly anyone seems to be playing the beta so I've been trying to entertain myself.

Nice work. But yeah, with the skill beta, DW is basically the new Overkill.

Discendo Vox posted:

I can't tell what you're actually complaining about anymore.

This isn't that difficult to figure out. Some of the stagger animations don't kill shields to any great extent, so the skill itself, in Delacroix's opinion, isn't worth 8 points plus however many points it takes to get up Enforcer. It costs a grand total of zero skill points to dodge around the shield, or to take a weapon with HE (which would also trivialize Dozers). Thus, why spend skill points when there are more effective ways of accomplishing the same goal, and for no skill points?

That said, the beta improves on the skill by making shields vulnerable to gunfire as well. It works out fairly well for weapons with large mags.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

You also get the skill from climbing the armorer tree now instead of as an aced capstone so that helps boost its usability even more.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Nice work. But yeah, with the skill beta, DW is basically the new Overkill.

Well, even more than it was pre-beta.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

UnknownMercenary posted:

Well, even more than it was pre-beta.

It would've taken a good bit of effort to 2-man DW pre-beta, I think. Doable? Sure, but it would've been dicey. Now? 21 FAKs and 2 double-stuffed ammo bags between two people, both with Inspire and Swan Song. And that doesn't even begin to get into the other skills you still have points to snag. Downs are basically only ever due to Cloakers if you're running an effort build.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Overkill unveils their official version of Deathwish 145+ where Cloakers can no longer be stunned or knocked down and count as real downs.

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

watho posted:

You have no idea what you're talking about and they've already changed the skill in the beta so even if your complaints had merit in the first place they wouldn't anymore.

See:

That said, the beta improves on the skill by making shields vulnerable to gunfire as well. It works out fairly well for weapons with large mags.

My complaint wasn't against the beta. I did however note they made shield melee obsolete with better skills. :ssh: I'm well aware bulletproof ace, impact and dire need can stagger shields with guns.

On that note, a crook LBV build can grab iron man basic without touching bulletproof (die hard ace would be a skip otherwise) and use dire need in commando for roughly the same effect. And before someone yells at me for not acing shockproof instead, I was trying new stuff out!

watho
Aug 2, 2013

But if you're rocking the LBV then it's extremely easy to circle strafe the shields. Shieldpunching is pretty much expressively made to help fatsuits deal with shields to alleviate the lack of movement.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Delacroix posted:

See:

My complaint wasn't against the beta. I did however note they made shield melee obsolete with better skills. :ssh: I'm well aware bulletproof ace, impact and dire need can stagger shields with guns.

On that note, a crook LBV build can grab iron man basic without touching bulletproof (die hard ace would be a skip otherwise) and use dire need in commando for roughly the same effect. And before someone yells at me for not acing shockproof instead, I was trying new stuff out!

Pretty sure Impact doesn't stagger Shields. I don't think Dire Need does either, but I could be wrong.

Shockproof sucks as of right now.

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

Pretty sure Impact doesn't stagger Shields. I don't think Dire Need does either, but I could be wrong.

Shockproof sucks as of right now.

They got rid of it? I suppose it was way too good to stay that way.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

They're checking the overlong police response delay on HM as I write this. It'll probably be fixed when Sydney comes out.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Delacroix posted:

They got rid of it? I suppose it was way too good to stay that way.

I might be wrong. I think I staggered a Shield with Dire Need tonight.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Discendo Vox posted:

They're checking the overlong police response delay on HM as I write this. It'll probably be fixed when Sydney comes out.

Awww, I'll miss my 3 minutes of peace in which to hunt money bags.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
I always liked to see how far I could get before the cops showed up

Record was the pickup truck running

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

I thought that was on purpose so the cops wouldn't shoot all the gangsters.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Grapplejack posted:

I'm referring specifically to the asset, which says it adds 30 seconds to police response and actually adds 110.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

The map's more fun without buying that asset anyway.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
https://zippy.gfycat.com/SilentAcceptableGorilla.webm

it's funny every single time

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Got a copperhead skin for the loving chimano 88 from the jimmy safe :negative:

Blight Runner
May 3, 2009

Grapplejack posted:

It'll be just like the original Hotline Miami game. Rush in and bat down all the gangsters before the cops arrive without getting hit :black101:

Might be frustrating if the gangsters leave the map faster. But that achievement isn't exactly hard, just tedious. On a side note, a first person game of Hotline Miami would be crazy.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Blight Runner posted:

On a side note, a first person game of Hotline Miami would be crazy.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/322500/

Wait for a sale.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

BillmasterCozb posted:

Got a copperhead skin for the loving chimano 88 from the jimmy safe :negative:

You cannot lose if you do not play. ;)

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

My very first thought watching my replay of a more involved level that just the first few was 'this is basically how you'd make Hotline Miami work in first person'. SUPERHOT is crazy fun.

But yeah, wait for a sale. It's not exactly $25 worth of material.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I'm surprised we haven't gotten a website yet, considering Sydney launches in two days.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Grapplejack posted:

I'm surprised we haven't gotten a website yet, considering Sydney launches in two days.

Do they usually have days for Heisters? I thought that was mostly just a Heists thing, because we didn't have that for Jiro.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

When a heister comes out alongside a map, they get days as part of the map promotion, but never for a standalone heister. We'll probably just get something promoting it the day it comes out.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

While we wait,
Windmill Update!

<900 GL40 kills to go.
<150 Reinbeck kills to go.

I also managed to get the "GL40 Special Treat" challenge done. That one requires killing three special enemies with a single grenade, which is no easy feat in payday 1.

edit: I just realized that Bain makes a reference to setting up a diversion on "the Woodrow" in Slaughterhouse. That's a reference to this bridge, which is morbid as heck, given how heavily trafficked it is, and that the diversion is an explosion.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 06:28 on May 11, 2016

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Discendo Vox posted:

While we wait,
Windmill Update!

<900 GL40 kills to go.
<150 Reinbeck kills to go.

I also managed to get the "GL40 Special Treat" challenge done. That one requires killing three special enemies with a single grenade, which is no easy feat in payday 1.

edit: I just realized that Bain makes a reference to setting up a diversion on "the Woodrow" in Slaughterhouse. That's a reference to this bridge, which is morbid as heck, given how heavily trafficked it is, and that the diversion is an explosion.

It could just be a very small explosion. It doesn't have to mean we killed people.

But also we blew up a whole bridge to get one dude out of a prison convoy so, you know

payday gang.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Every time you buy the "delay police response by 30 seconds" asset, Bain has a bag of puppies thrown into the transformers at the police station's communications relay. The spycams actually contain the souls of orphans-that's why they can auto-spot specials. That's also what's powering the extra battery you can get for the BFD. The bus stop escape everyone likes using? Well, you have to get those orphan souls somewhere.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 07:06 on May 11, 2016

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Doc Bags are planted by inducing fatal heart attacks in kindly old grandparents then tricking the paramedics into forgetting their supplies after arriving to find them DOA.

Ziplines are made from only the finest panda intestines.

Bain learns shutter codes by sacrificing a difficulty-appropriate amount of newborns to a lesser demon In exchange for them.

Bain uses the money from each infamy as kindling to burn down an occupied homeless shelter.

RandallODim fucked around with this message at 07:34 on May 11, 2016

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

RandallODim posted:

Doc Bags are planted by inducing fatal heart attacks in kindly old grandparents then tricking the paramedics into forgetting their supplies after arriving to find them DOA.

Ziplines are made from only the finest panda intestines.

Bain learns shutter codes by sacrificing a difficulty-appropriate amount of newborns to a lesser demon In exchange for them.

Bain uses the money from each infamy as kindling to burn down an occupied homeless shelter.

Don't stop, I'm almost there.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Using Goonmod for anything casts 10,000 newborn guns into a grinder to come out as gooncoins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
I was bored last night (sorry to everyone that popped in the channel to say hi that I ignored, I was in a bit of a zone. Try again I'm usually dtc (down 2 chat)) so I gave a level 0 dw murky station run a shot and pulled it off first try! That was like 20 fukken minutes of moving bags though holy hell, doing it at level 0 is totally unnecessary.

What's another fun difficult heist to stealth that gives you deathwish or overkill access at level 0?