Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Well. It is, because she's a fictional character and the plot was written that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Well. It is, because she's a fictional character and the plot was written that way.
it's actually Yuichiroh Tanaka and Akira Kawasaki's faults

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Endorph posted:

people complain about Naoto but it isn't really her fault that she's the only party member besides teddie that actually moves the main plot along after joining

It fits P4, though, because you're just a bunch of high school friends goofing around and trying to do good with your limited understanding of thing, whereas Naoto already has one foot in the adult world and actually has a rough idea what's going on with the murdering.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
SMT liker, romscout played a bit SMT4Final/Apocalypse. I saw some of his stream the other day and I liked what I saw and I approve of the changes to Hama and Mudo.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Junpei Hyde posted:

Clearly an alias

That must be it, yes, that has to be it

has to be

rip my anime dreams :smith:

(naw it's fine, it was always a crazy theory and there were plenty of reasons for them to not do it, there were just some elements that felt like they lined up a little too well

hell playing through P4G for real due to this hype I noticed one or two more things that made me go "wait what the gently caress")

Anyway Makoto seems cool and like The Best One, and I can't wait to see what role she has in the plot as I get the impression it will be substantial. Even if she isn't Literally Nanako, I stand by my theory that she's going to be a plot driver in the vein of Maya/Mitsuru/Naoto, as that's flat out a motif of the games at this point.

I still feel like there's going to be some kind of link to the other games, though, and at this point I'd bet it'll be during the police scene. I wouldn't be surprised to see Actual Mitsuru come in during Joker's interrogation or something similar. They set up way too many "Persona user with law enforcement links" in P4/P4A to not play that card against a literal pack of thieves.

Baal posted:

I cannot wait to see Makoto and Haru's portraits in this

I hope Makoto looks like she is about kill someone by staring at them

Makoto's is going to be pure elemental fury and I cannot wait for it

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
They have to rename Haru's Persona in the localization or else it's gonna be the most insufferable thing to talk about with all the jokes. Just call it Dewinter or something.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Given the sins that showed up in the first trailer and fly guy. Who thinks the bosses of the this game are going to be Demons based on sins. Like Gluttony is Beelzebub and Greed is Mammon.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I mean, the first boss is named "Asmodeus", so

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

HGH posted:

They have to rename Haru's Persona in the localization or else it's gonna be the most insufferable thing to talk about with all the jokes. Just call it Dewinter or something.

She's a gentlewoman in a swankass hat who drinks cups of tea, there is no other name her persona should use.

Squats
Nov 4, 2009

Baal posted:

I cannot wait to see Makoto and Haru's portraits in this

I hope Makoto looks like she is about kill someone by staring at them

This seems to have shots of the others' all out attack portraits.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

And as you can see, Lupin is now slightly less of an evil mastermind.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

HGH posted:

the character is famously known as "Milady" though, better tip your fedora in advance

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
also i just now noticed this but it looks like the soundtracks that in the JP CE of the game are either best of's or remasters of only some songs from past games since there's 5 discs instead of 6 (unless the two persona 2 games shared a lot of music)

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Weird that Yusuke's codename was shown as Inari but it's written there as Fox. I mean, the translation makes sense but I wonder why they didn't just have it in English like the rest.

Also, that's Makoto in between Haru and Yusuke, right? Not the 8th party member? Because if so it seems like her moniker isn't Queen and is Crow maybe? Crown? Something that starts with Cr. Queen looks pretty scary though.

They're all still really rad though.

Terper posted:

And as you can see, Lupin is now slightly less of an evil mastermind.

Yeah, it's kinda disappointing. But he seems to have traded that obviously evil smirk for a less evil but probably more smug one. Which I can appreciate.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Interesting that Futaba has one. Guess she'll be more than just a navigator.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Also, that's Makoto in between Haru and Yusuke, right? Not the 8th party member? Because if so it seems like her moniker isn't Queen and is Crow maybe? Crown? Something that starts with Cr. Queen looks pretty scary though.

I think Makoto is the bottom right. She definitely looks like the most pissed off one.

LostRook fucked around with this message at 22:38 on May 10, 2016

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

If Queen doesn't at some point do the Akira motorcycle sideways slide with her persona, i'm flying to Japan and punching Hashino in the face.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

LostRook posted:

I think Makoto is the bottom right. She definitely looks like the most pissed off one.

Yeah, I could buy her as being either. But from the literally one image we have seen of mysterious cute boy I don't think he looks like the bottom middle. Could easily be wrong though.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Terper posted:

I mean, the first boss is named "Asmodeus", so

Oh were was that shown. Asmodeus is the demon of lust so he was one of the expected. If he is that boss monster we first saw. I thought that was Mammon.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

LostRook posted:

maybe that just pops up whenever she does her navigator buff business? unless anything new has come up i don't think necronomicon had any skills other than standard navigator ones

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

MonsterEnvy posted:

Oh were was that shown. Asmodeus is the demon of lust so he was one of the expected. If he is that boss monster we first saw. I thought that was Mammon.

It confuses me because he's carrying a bunch of cutlery and a wine glass, right? Shouldn't that be for Gluttony?

Luna Was Here posted:

maybe that just pops up whenever she does her navigator buff business? unless anything new has come up i don't think necronomicon had any skills other than standard navigator ones

Her thing is being a shut-in, so I would imagine her arc is about getting out and about. I could see her getting a persona upgrade to give her a battle form.

LostRook fucked around with this message at 22:50 on May 10, 2016

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

Well, at least SOMETHING in that fight is named Asmodeus

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

that's clearly just your new pal's middle name

nice to meet you kamoshida asmodeus suguru

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

i want to know more about the mysterious party member man already

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

LostRook posted:

Her thing is being a shut-in, so I would imagine her arc is about getting out and about. I could see her getting a persona upgrade to give her a battle form.

She's already been shown out in the field and in Golden Rise basically got a cut-in as well. So i'd be more surprised if Futaba didn't have one.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

LostRook posted:

It confuses me because he's carrying a bunch of cutlery and a wine glass, right? Shouldn't that be for Gluttony?

Fly man is for sure Gluttony as that has always been Beelzebub's territory. Gluttony does not even need to be related to food, just taking more then you should.

However Kamoshida is actually stated to be the school's gym teacher and the first level is called Kamoshida's palace. (There is also belief that he is stalking Anne.)

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 23:01 on May 10, 2016

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

aka ken

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I can assure you, from the boxart, he looks way too cute to be Ken.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

voltcatfish posted:

i want to know more about the mysterious party member man already

Nanako

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

If that's how Nanako wanted to proceed with her life I am happy for her

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Bottom right is Makoto yeah and she looks exactly like I wanted her to

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Baal posted:

Bottom right is Makoto yeah and she looks exactly like I wanted her to

She looks very intimidating. So intimidating I didn't think it was her.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
She's just so loving pissed and I love her

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Uh is her persona really the motorcycle? I was joking.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Tired Moritz posted:

It is.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Baal posted:

She's just so loving pissed and I love her

With Joker losing his evil psychotic smirk, i'm glad someone stepped in to look incredibly scary and make me feel sorry for those poor demons that are about to get owned.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

The Popecycle to be completely accurate.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Clearly Atlus should hire me.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnjAFXbJ_x4

mods please change my username to dumbass warrior priest

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

TWIST FIST posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnjAFXbJ_x4

mods please change my username to dumbass warrior priest

Holy poo poo. I hope the gang just calls all the enemies by insults. :allears: (even though a bunch of the other ones just had regular names)

Also, the translated UI reveals more than I thought it would. It look likes the dungeons might have multiple parts to them rather than just get to the end and defeat the boss. Like "secure the hint" or "escape the area". And that seems really cool and interesting. More than anything, the dungeons might be what's surprised me most about the trailers. They look so good.

Oh, and I know it was kinda obvious since we learnt they got sweet spy names but I love how often the gang seems to be calling each other by their monikers when on the job. It also looks like people other than the navigator will be making comments and stuff during the dungeons, which is good and cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/RPGSite/status/730226458015105025