Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Weapon balancing is cool and all, and I'm gonna download your mos for my next play through, but multiple ammo types would be amazing. Yeah you can mod different ammos (like how the modular kalash handles things), but it'd be neat to have the ability to switch ammo on the fly. Have hollow point that multiplies damage and enemy DR so u armored targets get crushed, and a reduced damage armor piercing round to kill power armor. basically like how New Vegas handled things. The patch that made 5mm have an inherent DT ignoring attribute was wonderful and I wish F4 did the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Weapon balancing is cool and all, and I'm gonna download your mos for my next play through, but multiple ammo types would be amazing. Yeah you can mod different ammos (like how the modular kalash handles things), but it'd be neat to have the ability to switch ammo on the fly. Have hollow point that multiplies damage and enemy DR so u armored targets get crushed, and a reduced damage armor piercing round to kill power armor. basically like how New Vegas handled things. The patch that made 5mm have an inherent DT ignoring attribute was wonderful and I wish F4 did the same.

There's literally a mod that does exactly that. It's called Loads of Ammo. Phone posting so no link but there's a compatibility patch available for WBO too.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

I will seriously never understand why Bethesda just straight up ignored a bunch of the improvements FNV made.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Woebin posted:

I will seriously never understand why Bethesda just straight up ignored a bunch of the improvements FNV made.

Jealousy?

I'd also guess "general incompetence for realizing what made NV popular beyond surface observation".

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

10mm is generally more powerful than .45 and it is a real chambering. It was created to have a flatter trajectory than .45 while packing a bigger punch than 9mm. The FBI picked it to be the chamber of choice after some disastrous shootout in the 80s but ditched it because it kicked too much and replaced it with the .40 S&W and now it has fallen into obscurity, known in pop culture only due to games from the 90s, like fallout and Deus Ex.
Bethesda's choice of .38 over 9mm is kind of weird to me considering its a rimmed cartridge meant for revolvers but its not as weird as their choice of .32 for fallout 3.

Man Whore fucked around with this message at 08:54 on May 11, 2016

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

Have some pictures I found on the internet:

10mm does look a little longer than .45, which would support the "more oomph" theory since there would be more powder. 38 Special should be the .38 we have in game; quite a bit more powder there.

This next pic is .22, 9mm, .45 in the middle, a slightly different .38, and .357.

And the same group next to a .50 rifle round.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

The Iron Rose posted:

There's literally a mod that does exactly that. It's called Loads of Ammo. Phone posting so no link but there's a compatibility patch available for WBO too.

Woah, thanks!

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

WBO has been updated with preliminary balance changes for the Automatron DLC (give me feedback! I haven't had much time to test), and I've also added the .38 rechamber for the SMG. I actually like it a lot because it changes the way the SMG plays pretty radically. It doubles the ammo capacity available and massively improves the rate of fire, at the cost of high ammo consumption, high recoil, and a damage nerf.

Let me know if the damage nerf is slightly too large, I'm open to reconsidering, but considering that it has something like a 1100 RPM the DPS is still greater than before, so long as you can keep it on target.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2463/

The Iron Rose fucked around with this message at 19:42 on May 11, 2016

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Man Whore posted:

10mm is generally more powerful than .45 and it is a real chambering. It was created to have a flatter trajectory than .45 while packing a bigger punch than 9mm. The FBI picked it to be the chamber of choice after some disastrous shootout in the 80s but ditched it because it kicked too much and replaced it with the .40 S&W and now it has fallen into obscurity, known in pop culture only due to games from the 90s, like fallout and Deus Ex.
Bethesda's choice of .38 over 9mm is kind of weird to me considering its a rimmed cartridge meant for revolvers but its not as weird as their choice of .32 for fallout 3.

Yeah I found a 10mm government round but wasn't sure if it was supposed to be the same round.

The Iron Rose posted:

WBO has been updated with preliminary balance changes for the Automatron DLC (give me feedback! I haven't had much time to test), and I've also added the .38 rechamber for the SMG. I actually like it a lot because it changes the way the SMG plays pretty radically. It doubles the ammo capacity available and massively improves the rate of fire, at the cost of high ammo consumption, high recoil, and a damage nerf.

Let me know if the damage nerf is slightly too large, I'm open to reconsidering, but considering that it has something like a 1100 RPM the DPS is still greater than before, so long as you can keep it on target.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2463/

:stare: I have a feeling that might invalidate all the pipe guns but I am going to try that the hell out.

I always wanted a minigun disguised as a tommy gun.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe
Is the GECK out of beta yet? Are there good mods made properly with the GECK or are they still mostly scripty hackjobs?

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Babe Magnet posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvdUjTB-C08

ASTERISK CHUCKLE ASTERISK YOU HEARD CODESWORTH

alright, bringing this back because I have a question: how was this made, and can I make a voice replacer for the automatrons to use this voice.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
If somebody could somehow create a mod like this with the option to loving SMASH DOWN LOCKED THING/blow up locked thing with explosives I'd be a very happy man.

Also, The Iron Rose will you be looking at balancing explosives in a future mod/update? I hate how weedy and useless the baseball grenades are. So pointless.

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens
Wow, uh, if you install the CK in your Fallout 4 directory then try to uninstall it... it deletes the whole directory.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
pennyarcademythiicomic.jpg

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

pennyarcademythiicomic.jpg

https://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/1999/01/06/myth-ii-uninstall

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Are there any mods out yet similar to Skyrim's Deadly Monsters/Deadly Dragons, where you can set the attack/defense/HP of individual enemy types?

Like say you wanted to boost the damage of raiders but nerf their health, or you wanted to boost the health and armor of mirelurks but nerf their damage? It's definitely the most intuitive difficulty-balancing mod I've encountered.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Deified Data posted:

Are there any mods out yet similar to Skyrim's Deadly Monsters/Deadly Dragons, where you can set the attack/defense/HP of individual enemy types?

Like say you wanted to boost the damage of raiders but nerf their health, or you wanted to boost the health and armor of mirelurks but nerf their damage? It's definitely the most intuitive difficulty-balancing mod I've encountered.

For individual enemies not that I'm aware of. It is possible to edit damage dealt/taken on a global level though, which I've done.

also real annoyed at bethesda for permanently deleting multiplatform mods in the wake of the CK update. Re-uploading them is a gigantic pain in the rear end, to say nothing of the lost downloads.

e: ugh, some fuckboy stole my mods. Report him please?

https://mods.bethesda.net/#en/workshop/fallout4/mod-detail/912167

https://mods.bethesda.net/#en/workshop/fallout4/mod-detail/753185

The Iron Rose fucked around with this message at 19:00 on May 12, 2016

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Did he? I know you did that but it seems like a common enough simple change thing that there will be fifty different versions of it.

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Did he? I know you did that but it seems like a common enough simple change thing that there will be fifty different versions of it.

He said he took IronRose's esp as the base just a couple of minutes ago.
But I also wondered if they were aware of it, too...

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

FlyinPingu posted:

alright, bringing this back because I have a question: how was this made, and can I make a voice replacer for the automatrons to use this voice.

what I assume is going on is, someone running the text-to-speech app in audacity (which is where Will From Afar is from) with all of the male character's lines, and then replacing them. So yeah you could probably easily do it with the automatrons, it would be more time consuming than difficult.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Svanja posted:

He said he took IronRose's esp as the base just a couple of minutes ago.
But I also wondered if they were aware of it, too...

Ah, what a poo poo. Also I can't report via mobile apparently.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Apparently you can't report mods yet, no matter. Not the end of the world.

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

The Iron Rose posted:

Apparently you can't report mods yet, no matter. Not the end of the world.

I actually do appreciate the fact you are working on getting your mods on to Bethesda.net so that console users can check them out. After reading another mod maker saying he wasn't going to do it because 'gently caress console users, they'll only weaken the PC market' (as well as there not being enough money in it for them), I started to worry a bit if that's a wide-held opinion. I'm on PC but my son and his wife play on consoles and they get a kick out of the mods I could use for Skyrim, NV, and now Fallout 4.

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf
Gotta say - the new Survival Mode with a handful of minor mods is pretty much the experience I was hoping for. Tone's very similar to early-game Morrowind or New Vegas with Hardcore and JSawyer (to wit: it forces you to move slower and makes you pay attention to more of the environment).

Wish I could mod in a different story, though. :( The game's a lot more enjoyable when it's about making a life for myself in the commonwealth instead of a hamfisted kidnapping.

Asbury fucked around with this message at 20:52 on May 12, 2016

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
Did something change again about how mods work in the past hour? MO (the alpha) has been working reliably in tandem with the .bat file that adds asterisks, but after a game crash, none of the mods load. Not with asterisks, no asterisks or double asterisks like the bat file seems to want to do now. e: nevermind I figured out my goof.

3Romeo posted:

Gotta say - the new Survival Mode with a handful of minor mods is pretty much the experience I was hoping for. Tone's very similar to early-game Morrowind or New Vegas with Hardcore and JSawyer (to wit: it forces you to move slower and makes you pay attention to more of the environment).

Wish I could mod in a different story, though. :( The game's a lot more enjoyable when it's about making a life for myself in the commonwealth instead of a hamfisted kidnapping.

Before my crash I had just done the quest to unlock Greygarden so I can make it my main base/fast-travel vehicle hotpoint, which meant sniping all the mutants outside through a lot of trial and error and nearly running out of ammo on the mirelurks inside. Then using my last few bullets on the remaining mutant outside, who I had to spot through the fog and aim very, very carefully to hit between bullet drop, scope sway and what little of his body was visible. Felt like I really earned the base now.

Saint Sputnik fucked around with this message at 21:46 on May 12, 2016

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf

Saint Sputnik posted:

Then using my last few bullets on the remaining mutant outside, who I had to spot through the fog and aim very, very carefully to hit between bullet drop, scope sway and what little of his body was visible. Felt like I really earned the base now.

Similar story. Went from Oberland Farms to do a quest at Cabot House, thought I'd swing south to Goodneighbor to restock. Turned out you can't get it from the north (or I never found a way), but whatever the case I spent two hours fighting my low-level way through gunners, mutants, mirelurks, and raiders, and by the time I got to GN I was starved, dehydrated, out of stimpaks, addicted to drugs, crippled, heavily irradiated, and down to my last few rounds. Total desperation. Most fun I've had playing the game since I got it. My vanilla run was utterly forgettable.

Asbury fucked around with this message at 21:11 on May 12, 2016

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!

Woebin posted:

Well they kinda sorta actively sabotaged Obsidian so it's not without precedent.

Hobo on Fire posted:

10mm does look a little longer than .45, which would support the "more oomph" theory since there would be more powder. 38 Special should be the .38 we have in game; quite a bit more powder there.

It also helps 10mm uses a lighter bullet moving faster than the .45ACP, which is heavier and significantly slower, but it's a moot point in a game that doesn't model velocity and projectile weights :v:

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Svanja posted:

I actually do appreciate the fact you are working on getting your mods on to Bethesda.net so that console users can check them out. After reading another mod maker saying he wasn't going to do it because 'gently caress console users, they'll only weaken the PC market' (as well as there not being enough money in it for them), I started to worry a bit if that's a wide-held opinion. I'm on PC but my son and his wife play on consoles and they get a kick out of the mods I could use for Skyrim, NV, and now Fallout 4.

It's no trouble! Bit of a pain to use the Creation Kit since it's so slow, and annoying since Bethesda deleted all my mods for being tagged multi-platform, but they've since updated the CK and all my mods are available for the Xbox One and PC alike. I'll add support for the PS4 once it's available.

Either way, thank you! It's much appreciated. I'm always happy to help improve everyone's experiences, regardless of what platform they play on. What difference to me does it make? Ten minutes of work and thousands of people more can enjoy my mods, who am I to say they shouldn't just because they don't play on PC.

Modmakers are an egotistical bunch (the mod maker forum on the Nexus is suuuuuuch a shitshow) but I try and avoid that for the most part!

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Talkie Toaster posted:

Wow, uh, if you install the CK in your Fallout 4 directory then try to uninstall it... it deletes the whole directory.

Still better than EVE!

https://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/about-the-boot.ini-issue/

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Capn Beeb posted:

Well they kinda sorta actively sabotaged Obsidian so it's not without precedent.
Eh, the bonus contract they had is pretty much business as usual, as is insisting on using your own QA testers. I'm not saying it's not lovely, because it absolutely is, but that's a problem with the business at large rather than Bethesda in particular.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Hobo on Fire posted:

:eng101: .38 Special is actually weaker than 9mm, the case is longer but that's because it's so old that it was originally designed for old-timey black powder.

If you really want to gun-sperg you can look up the muzzle energy of each round, e.g.:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muzzle_energy#Typical_muzzle_energies_of_common_firearms_and_cartridges

Zelmel
Sep 17, 2004

O brain new world, that has such ganglia in't!

Your Computer posted:

I really really hate the Power Armor but I'm one of those people who love to explore every inch of the map, every nook and cranny and of course Bethesda decided to give the Power Armor a jetpack. I see on the Nexus that there are several mods who claim to give you a "standalone" jetpack, but I was wondering if anyone in the thread could vouch for one.

If I wanted unlimited flight I'd just use tcl, so I'm looking for something with the same limitations as the Power Armor one.

I didn't see anyone respond to this, so I'll throw in my 2 cents. The CROSS jetpack (http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12471/) works pretty well and seems fairly balanced.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Does the weapons of fate mod work with the weapon reabalance mod?

E: also are there any mods that like, increase settlment functionality?

Supposedly there's pretty strict hard caps to how salvaging will collect stuff as well as water and food, it'd be nice if I could build stockpiles or something to increase the maximum gather, or places that can scavenge ammo or something.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 23:59 on May 12, 2016

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

Does the weapons of fate mod work with the weapon reabalance mod?

Unfortunately no. I have, however, just made a compatibility patch.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2463

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

The Iron Rose posted:

For individual enemies not that I'm aware of. It is possible to edit damage dealt/taken on a global level though, which I've done.

Which mod do you use for that?

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Deified Data posted:

Which mod do you use for that?

My own - lets you customize PCDamageToHP and PCDamageByHP, i.e. adjust the multiplier for how much weapon damage you take (including unarmed/monster attacks, but not including things like falling damage) and how much weapon damage you deal.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/222/

E: oh god I added compatibility for the wrong mod. I actually added compatibility for tactical mods, not Weapons of Fate I'm an idiot. Fixing asap.

The Iron Rose fucked around with this message at 01:37 on May 13, 2016

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

OwlFancier posted:

E: also are there any mods that like, increase settlment functionality?

Supposedly there's pretty strict hard caps to how salvaging will collect stuff as well as water and food, it'd be nice if I could build stockpiles or something to increase the maximum gather, or places that can scavenge ammo or something.

I've been using this mod to uncap settlement storage.
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12430/

Northland Diggers adds a bunch of workstations you can assign settlers to. They gather materials the same way crops are harvested; after a day of work you can collect them from the station, and if you leave them long enough it will add items to the workbench storage.
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/9710/

nexus description posted:

Heavy Metal - Steel or Aluminium
Botanist - Flora Resources
Hammertime - Concrete or Ceramic
Oh so shiny thiniges - Copper or Circuit
Undertaker - +25 Happiness
Nuclear Waste - Nuclear Material or Acid
Settlement Butcher - Leather,Bones +6 Food for settlement
Butcher (same with out the food)
Hammertime - Concrete or Ceramic
Tax Collector - Caps or Beer\Whiskey
Forester - Wood or Fertilizer
Wasteland Mail Service - books,wonderglue,tape +more
Sandpit - +10 Happiness
Mc Mechaninc - Gears,Spring,Lead or Gas Canister
DIY Ammo - Ballistic Ammo

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

The Iron Rose posted:

My own - lets you customize PCDamageToHP and PCDamageByHP, i.e. adjust the multiplier for how much weapon damage you take (including unarmed/monster attacks, but not including things like falling damage) and how much weapon damage you deal.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/222/

Thanks, I'll toy around with this later.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Hobo on Fire posted:

Northland Diggers adds a bunch of workstations you can assign settlers to. They gather materials the same way crops are harvested; after a day of work you can collect them from the station, and if you leave them long enough it will add items to the workbench storage.
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/9710/

This one looks cool, is it stable with 1.5 do you know? Looks like it's not been updated in a while. Cheers though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

well that was mortifying. I said I added support for weapons of fate. What I actually added support for was Tactical Mods, thinking it was Weapons of Fate the whole time.

Now I have added support for Weapons of Fate. As a fortunate sidenote, Tactical Mods is also supported as well.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2463

• Locked thread