Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cling-Wrap Condom
Jul 23, 2015

I'm tryna get my peen touched, pants.

Endman posted:

I've flown from Hobart to East Sale RAAF Base in a C130-J. It's noisy as gently caress, but holy poo poo it can lift off the tarmac fast.

I got a ride in a C3 at the Illawarra Airshow once, that was f*ckin dope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Its just lovely here this time of year.
yeah nah if your job was to follow bill shorten around all day listening to his bullshit and then trying to write something coherent about it then the last thing you would want at the end of the day is to get on a loving plane that is designed to carry human filth military cargo.

Scarecow
May 20, 2008

3200mhz RAM is literally the Devil. Literally.
Lipstick Apathy

Negligent posted:

yeah nah if your job was to follow bill shorten around all day listening to his bullshit and then trying to write something coherent about it then the last thing you would want at the end of the day is to get on a loving plane that is designed to carry human filth military cargo.

I cant wait to see the meltdown posts you will do when Bill wins

Cling-Wrap Condom
Jul 23, 2015

Negligent posted:

dont discrespect are anzac legends

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

man the raaf are so brave going around dropping bombs on people that have no way of fighting back.

Cling-Wrap Condom
Jul 23, 2015

Negligent posted:

man the raaf are so brave going around dropping bombs on people that have no way of fighting back.

i thought i would try to keep a pig headed idiot gimmick up for a little while, in the style of negligent, but i cant. kill are troops. they are the worswt.

MonoAus
Nov 5, 2012

MysticalMachineGun posted:

In the interests of a fair campaign, all party leaders should have to share the same clapped out bus from Priscilla, Queen of the Desert.

That way they'll also be on hand to respond to each other's comments.

You know, there are two things I don't like about you, Malcolm... your face. So how 'bout shutting both of them?

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

The air force is basically a paid internship for future jetstar employees

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Two men on Nauru, one an asylum seeker and one a refugee, were reportedly attacked and robbed by local men last night, witnesses said.

The men were on their way to visit a friend who later died in hospital.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Scarecow posted:

I cant wait to see the meltdown posts you will do when Bill wins

If this thread isn't full of links to ticket prices to Phnom Penh when Bill wins it will be a failure of the entire system, mistah speakah

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Negligent posted:

The air force is basically a paid internship for future jetstar employees

Nice meltdown

quote:

What do you think of Bill Shorten?

Back in Queensland, my colleagues Eliza Borrello and Nick Haggarty have been asking voters what they think of the Labor leader.

Here's what 18-year-old Acacia Sharpe from Townsville had to say.

What do you know about Bill Shorten?

"Um I haven't heard much about him before."

Malcolm Turnbull?

"No, not him either."

Are there any issues that might decide who you vote for in this election campaign?

"Um no, I haven't heard much about anything really."

What about education, or jobs or gay marriage? Are any of those things you're interested in?

"Education... More support really for the kids."

So Bill Shorten's got a plan to spend more money in Townsville than the Coalition, is that something that might get your vote?

"Yeah, most likely."

Do you think you'd have to look into it a bit more?

"Yeah, definitely."

How would you describe your voting intention, voting for one or the other or undecided?

"Undecided really."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-05-11/election-2016--live-blog-day-three/7402844

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
To be fair, she's a Queenslander named after a tree. She never stood a chance.

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

don't know whats controversial about stating that ex military pilots go to work for the airlines after they leave the service

it is well known fact

Cling-Wrap Condom
Jul 23, 2015

Negligent posted:

don't know whats controversial about stating that ex military pilots go to work for the airlines after they leave the service

it is well known fact

i diont htink its controversial, except that it's the only thing ive ever seen you post that isn't entirely reprehensible

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Australias_voting_habits.txt

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

What do voters think of Bill Shorten?

Back in Queensland, my colleagues Eliza Borrello and Nick Haggarty have been asking voters what they think of the Labor leader.

Here's what Jean-Francois Desiage from Townsville had to say.

What do you think about Bill Shorten?

"Bill Shorten, well for me they all make good noise and all that kind of stuff but you really don't know where they're going."

What do you know about his background?

"I've seen he was like young labor movement, student movement. After that I think a few years ago he was disability minister of some sort and that's when he actually started to sort of climb into the rank."

Are there any of his polices that you like?

"Some of them yeah... But again you know he needs to be elected to put them on and who says he's going to put them on?"

Do you know what he's been taking about most here in Townsville?

"No I have no idea, I would say he's been talking about... the work, all those things that have been closing lately, maybe the reef as well, you know that's what they talk about in Townsville."

Are there any issues that are important to you that you'd like to see them make a promise about?
"Oh make a promise, they do a lot of promise here. Work... I work in a kitchen. You can see people aren't coming anymore. They do the turtle, they put their head in and they don't spend money."

What do you think about Malcolm Turnbull?

"If I was voting Liberal I would vote for him. There was a lot of things attributed to him, that he would do that he would say, that would be happening, now that they they're here well we don't see those things happening. Is that because it's an election year and they just want to protect themselves as much as they can?"

Have you decided who you're voting for?

"No idea... I might vote for the Greens, I don't know."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-05-11/election-2016--live-blog-day-three/7402844

MonoAus
Nov 5, 2012

Jumpingmanjim posted:

What do you think about Malcolm Turnbull?

"If I was voting Liberal I would vote for him. There was a lot of things attributed to him, that he would do that he would say, that would be happening, now that they they're here well we don't see those things happening. Is that because it's an election year and they just want to protect themselves as much as they can?"

Dunno what this means mate.

Jumpingmanjim posted:

Are there any issues that are important to you that you'd like to see them make a promise about?
"Oh make a promise, they do a lot of promise here. Work... I work in a kitchen. You can see people aren't coming anymore. They do the turtle, they put their head in and they don't spend money."

Well known cheapskates: Turtles.

Snod.
Oct 3, 2014

This really does sum up the youth in my state (sure Jean-Francois isnt a youth but whatever)

Snod. fucked around with this message at 07:52 on May 11, 2016

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010
It sounds bad but I can't say I blame any Australian who fails to muster enthusiasm or interest in anything being offered at this election.

turdbucket
Oct 30, 2011
he's doing well enough really, has a basic idea of the parties. its not like he is frothing at the mouth about islam and boat people

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

quote:

Building group James Hardie, which left NSW taxpayers to pick up the bill last year for funding shortfalls to its asbestos victims, has found enough cash to start marketing and advertising its products in Australia after "going dark" for a decade amid the scandal.

Its Asia Pacific marketing head, George O'Neil, told Mumbrella that he is guiding the 127-year-old company back to public prominence via social media.

"We are not sitting there with hundreds of millions of dollars of media budget; we are lean," he told Mumbrella. It would also target the company at a younger demographic who would not so readily associate the company with its asbestos-tainted history.

Advertisement

James Hardie will target social media.
James Hardie will target social media.
"The younger people are, the less there is that stronger emotion, unless they are directly affected by it," said Mr O'Neil.

A quick search of a couple big social media sites reveals a James Hardie offical twitter account run out of its American operation and a very similar Facebook page for America and another in New Zealand.

The scandal of its asbestos legacy was compounded in 2001 when the company moved its operation offshore and set up what it claimed was a fully funded victim compensation fund.

The fund ended up being short funded to the tune of $1.5 billion.

Last year James Hardie washed its hands of any responsibility for a shortfall in compensation payments to asbestos victims as it reported robust profit growth and rewarded shareholders with a $US98 million special dividend on top of its second-half dividend of $US120.3 million.

Just months before, Andrew Constance, who was then NSW Treasurer, agreed to increase the state's loan facility to the Asbestos Injuries Compensation Fund (AICF) by more than $100 million after a blowout in expensive mesothelioma claims threatened to leave the fund short of cash for future claims.

Mr O'Neil said that its market research provided surprising results about how popular its products are with the Australian public.

"We were surprised when we started doing focus groups, there is actually a huge amount of love out there for the brand and for the products we make," he said.

I can't see this backfiring at all.

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

it must feel great to take a break from listening to BS talk BS and do a nice vox pop with a real person

write it up verbatim, file the story, wait for sanctimonious boomers to write 'kids these days' comments, job done time to hit the c-130 for a nice nap

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I wish you'd stop posting about Bill Shorten.

In before empty quote of the first five words of this post

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

even people who voluntarily read about politics on the internet are sick of hearing about bill shorten, gl winning the election ALP

Snod.
Oct 3, 2014

I wish I hated someone as much as Negligent hates Bill

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Maybe that's just how Negligent shows his affection

Cling-Wrap Condom
Jul 23, 2015

Negligent posted:

pee pee, doo doo, i am a dumb baby

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Ignimbrite posted:

Maybe that's just how Negligent shows his affection

Thin line between love and hate

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

How do you market mesothelomia?

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

the greens are running a literal accelerationist against albo.

Jim Casey, who is running against Mr Albanese in the inner-city seat of Grayndler, made the comments in a video recorded in September 2014 and posted by the Greens Party on YouTube.

"I would prefer to see Tony Abbott returned as prime minister with a Labour movement that was growing, with an anti-war movement that was disrupting things in the streets, with a strong and vibrant women's movement, Indigenous movement, and a climate change movement that was actually starting to disrupt the production of coal," he said.

"I'd prefer to see Tony Abbott as prime minister in that environment, than Bill Shorten as prime minister without it."

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

Amoeba102 posted:

Cut down on long service leave.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

"I'm an archivist. I'm archiving."

Amoeba102 posted:

As a new weight loss method?

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

Negligent posted:

Jim Casey, who is running against Mr Albanese in the inner-city seat of Grayndler, made the comments in a video recorded in September 2014 and posted by the Greens Party on YouTube.

"I would prefer to see Tony Abbott returned as prime minister with a Labour movement that was growing, with an anti-war movement that was disrupting things in the streets, with a strong and vibrant women's movement, Indigenous movement, and a climate change movement that was actually starting to disrupt the production of coal," he said.

"I'd prefer to see Tony Abbott as prime minister in that environment, than Bill Shorten as prime minister without it."

Well Liberal policy has barely changed since Turnbull tool the reigns. At least with Abbot it was quite obvious how they were loving everyone over.

Cling-Wrap Condom
Jul 23, 2015

Negligent posted:

i mean, yeah dude. shorbo is bad, but abbott is way more bad and turned popular opinion against the libs very effectively.

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Coalition: don’t trust Labor, they will form government with the radical left extremist Greens

the Fairfax headline is

Star Greens candidate prefers Abbott to Shorten because it would trigger street protests and civil disruption

yep good candidate you got there Dick

Cling-Wrap Condom
Jul 23, 2015

Negligent posted:

Coalition: don’t trust Labor, they will form government with the radical left extremist Greens

the Fairfax headline is

Star Greens candidate prefers Abbott to Shorten because it would trigger street protests and civil disruption

yep good candidate you got there Dick

yes, he is good, and it is a shame that fairfax is disgracefully shite

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

I know when I think of a mature party of government the first thing that springs to mind is street protests and civil disruption, as opposed to say, providing essential services

Cling-Wrap Condom
Jul 23, 2015

Negligent posted:

I know when I think I get serious headaches, and bleed profusely from all orifices

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Negligent posted:

I know when I think of a mature party of government the first thing that springs to mind is street protests and civil disruption, as opposed to say, providing essential services

pretty sure the guy that was was a firefighter (the greens candidate) knows about providing essential services

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Tony wouldn't have needed any help from the Greens in precipitating protests and civil disruption, he was doing fine on his own.

• Locked thread